Pulte Homes Reviews

of reviewers recommend Pulte Homes

Tell us how Pulte Homes made you happy
More Photos & Videos
We recently moved in to a Pulte Homes, last Feb. 2020. My wife & I are very dissapointed, when we are on the process of buying the house, everyone were very nice. We were told, if there is a problem once we moved in, they will fix it. Our first day the house got flooded, second day the toilet flush was clogged, they came & fix the flood, but the toilet, is never fixed, we have to pump the toilet 2 times a wk. On the walkthru, we found problems, we were told to write down everything that needs to be fix, but no one want to come and fix it. So many problems in the house nobody want to return my calls and emails. I will never recoment Pulte Homes to anyone.
The worst experience I've ever had. No one answers your calls or emails. Once they get your deposit they don't care what happens. Wish i never bought from them. Would never recommend them to anyone.
Do not build your home with this company. We moved in November and still do not have shutters on our windows. Poor communication and already have cracks in our walls and concrete. Not to mention the HOA IS HORRIBLE AS WELL. They pressure you to get things done on your end but when you need things done from them they are a no show. I would definitely not have bought our home if I had known this in the beginning. Looking to sell in the next year or two.
Quality of home
We completed our walk through six months ago. Unfortunately, we missed the fact that they failed to paint a portion of the exterior. But since we did not get it on the pre-closing list, it is now our problem. They won't write a repair ticket. It would cost me $200 to do this myself. I just paid my attorney a $500 retainer. We'll see what happens in court.
The tray ceiling in my master bedroom has had issues since day one. and they are now refusing to fix it. "My warrenty period" expired. I am not even in my home two years literally the plaster above my bed is falling off the wall and today I was told they would not repair it. The community is a mess. Many of it's residents are NOT HAPPY. They planted the wrong trees throughout trying to cut corners. Most of the vegetation is dead or dying. DO NOT BUY A PULTE HOME!
We have a Pulte Del Webb home in Plainfield Indiana and we would like to thank Cecil for going above and beyond
For fixing our siding .
Cecil is a great warranty rep
DO NOT BUY, STAY AWAY. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! They do not stand behind their work, and once you move in they will blame you for any defect, construction oversight, or issue that may come up. They make no attempt to fix any issues. You have been warned. Do not get suckered because you viewed a nice model home and talked to a nice lady at the office...once they have you locked in, they leave you to the wolves.
STAY AWAY FROM PULTE !!! They trick the buyers with incentives delivering them low quality home with Shoddy workmanship. Their 10 year warranty is to just get the buyer in and then they don’t honor it. Bad investment. Rather buy old house and renovate it than buy new construction from Pulte and keep plugging in money from your pocket. Don’t fall for their fake SOLD boards in the community. Located in Mountain Lakes, NJ.
We are located in Plymouth Minnesota. Here is the thing about Pulte unless you go in from ground up and decide what to add on your home, pulte uses the cheapest material possible. Home is falling a part already and I been living here for a MONTH!! Sliding doors to cabinets to door knobs to electric outlets the cheapest!! Ooo and laminate are probably the dirt cheap. Scratched from one corner to another while moving into the home. I can only imagine what will happen in two years..
I live in West Cypress Hills subdivision. Pulte doesn’t care about the neighborhoods they build in. For the past month they have started construction before 8:00am on Saturday. This past Saturday it was before 7:00am! During the week they arrive at the job site before 6:00am. They keep apologizing but nothing has changed. This is absolutely ridiculous!!! Stay away from Pulte. Go buy a Highland Home instead.
WORST COMPANY, FRAUD BUSINESS, RUDE EMPLOYEES, IF YOU BY BE READY TO FACE PROBLEMS.
Great floor plans and nice looking house; however the craftsmanship Is terrible. I have 9 cracked tiles above my stove that will be a huge pain to replace. My house is now 3 years old and I have already fixed nailpops one time.
They have already come back in every room plus some. My bathroom alone has 9 nail pops, 9! My kitchen floors freak as if this house is from the 1800’s. And it does not change w the season like the manager told me it would when I complained about it.

My neighbors are all having the same issues as well so this isn’t an isolated incident.

I live in Brecksville, OH
I was the PM for essentially the entire project build. I was forced into the house saying if I didn’t close, I may not get the house for a while blaming COVID. The trades rushed to get the job complete and botched everything. I’ve been in the house only 2 months and I’ve had EVERY trade come out, at least once, for one reason or another:

- Forgot security system entirely
- Botched entire electric plan and wasn’t caught until I said something right before drywall (delayed the project weeks)
- Had to regrade about 60% of lawn due to sitting water and lack in grading
- Chipped tile
- Bathroom tile had permanent marker all over them with serial number for the tile #28314
- Grout seal was left to stain floor tile in master bath and laundry
- Concrete runoff left and never removed before sod was laid in backyard
- Sod died due to concrete and was never replaced to the point where the dead sod was over run with weeds and grass (still isn’t fixed)
- Masonry grout had holes and they used white caulk instead of grout in front entryway
- Countless texture and paint issues inside and out
- Items left under the carpet (nails, plastic and extra padding) but they laid carpet anyway
- Found nails, glass, brick, wire, wood, stone, beer cans, sharp rusted blades all in my grass while weeding
- Appliance Touchscreens don’t work for Whirlpool oven and I need to go outside and reset the breaker each time this happens
- They installed an old HVAC control and fought me until I showed PowerPoint documentation from my first day that I standard is the touchscreen
- Irrigation head broken, lost water for days, and not all my grass was getting wet and subsequently died
- 4 Windows upstairs were installed off the track and/or squeeked so bad it had to be replaced
- HVAC dampeners we’re backwards so upstairs controlled down and vice versus
- Media Room is significantly hotter than the rest of the house so they had to come out and install 6 more vents in my roof

Are you getting the point? Where does it end? I’ve only been in the house 2 months!

Our neighborhood Facebook group has nothing but TERRIBLE things to say about their experience with Pulte.

Even with how bad everything was above, PULTE Mortgage was the WORST of all. Heard from multiple sources they are corrupt and I saw it first hand. My experience was so bad, they offered me a 3% rate and I took a higher rate with another company because they were so manipulative.

I went with Pulte because I saw what your new homes could look like and the reviews I saw online. It could not have been more far from the truth. Thank you for your time.
If your smart, you will stay far away from this builder. As a buyer you have very little say in issues you encounter. They lie and tell you that NO changes can be made no matter how small. Stay away from their new Community in western Lake Worth, Florida The Fields. Poor choices of everything. I would have preferred no carpet laid because it’s cheap. Nope, you can’t do that. Staff are uninformed about products and the happiness you want in a new home goes away once you sign. I wished I never walked in to their sales center. All liars.
An unmitigated complete trainwreck of a dumpster fire. Whatever you do go local. These people havent a clue. 1st off they lure you in with a 9k closing cost option only for it to be less when your loan is figured out. Secondly they're arent buttoned up to save their life. 1st call for a 35 min interview was 10 mins late & at the end it was oh sorry I'm not the right person for you I have to get you to someone else theyll call you by the end of the business day. 3 days later ugh another 10 min late call to hand me to a processor to make an appt 7 days in advance. Processor blew off that call blaming it on a time zone issue. Even if that was true she was still off an hour & a half. Then she sends me the online homebuyer class to take saying this will really help my metrics. Nobody cares about your metrics. Then I got an email meant to go to someone else. Then a call saying my ratios are off with numbers that dont even exist. Now I'm hearing horror stories from friends dealing with the same company about missed paperwork....missed dates etc & when I ask my salesperson about it he says quote let's just say I'm not unhappy when some ppl dont get into the home they want. Enough already. Stay away at all costs cause theres plenty of local people willing to help you that u can reach at a moments notice. This place is epic bad
Our lanai is 8 feet from our new neighbors pool pump and heater.
It is noisy and an eyesore. We asked Pulte to put in bushes and they refused. The value of our home has been lowered.
If we had known about the possibility of this happening we would have never purchased this home.
Horrible construction. Walls are not level. Windows don't shut properly. Outlets not flush with the walls
Paint on floor. Toilets have backed up twice. Cabinet coming off the wall. Nail pops . Hear every sound through the walls. The house is 3 months old! Del webb community. They sell the sizzle not the steak. Poor quality
After 3 years in a Pulte home in Tucson, the AC has failed the first year, floors are uneven from the beginning. Now I really start to see all the short cuts they took, make sure you hire an independent inspector because their response to repairs and warranty is not what they promised.
I built a Pulte home in the Cypress Falls 55+ community in North Port FL in 2014. Overall the quality of the home is ok. The problem is that Pulte introduced a new phase to the community about two years ago and changed the name from Pulte to Del Webb. Unfortunately, when I bought I didn’t realize that the HOA is under the control of Pulte.Del Webb. I knew it but didn’t realize the consequences of it. Cypress Falls,was,sold as a “non golf cart community “. Yes,, there are those of us in Florida that don’t like golf and one of my major reasons for choosing this community was because golf carts are not allowed, right in the community bylaws. When they began phase two of Cypress Falls, homes weren’t selling as fast as Pulte/Del Webb wanted them to sell. At Pulte’s request, the HOA
Had residents vote on whether or not to change to by laws to allow golf,carts. A large majority of the community voted no. Pulte, being a majority on the board of directors overruled the homeowners and now we have golf carts,all through the community, most owned by residents from phase two. It has completely changed the character of the community and most of the long time residents are very upset. We,are not as upset about the fact that golf carts,are,allowed,but upset that Pulte/Del Webb just changed the rules to suit their needs and screwed all of the homeowners. The worst part is they are arrogant about it. I can’t stand living here now for other reasons than the golf carts but it just seems that if they don’t care what the homeowners think and jut change the rules, this is not a company I would ever do business with again. Keep in mind, your home is usually your largest investment. To have a company like Pulte,just screw you and be arrogant about it is unacceptable. There are other good builders in the area and I’d recommend staying away from Pulte/Del Webb
Pulte Homes is rated 1.23 based on 35 reviews