RoboForm Reviews

of reviewers recommend RoboForm
6 - 12 Hours
Read RoboForm Reviews

About RoboForm:

Never have to remember or type your passwords again with RoboForm the world's top password manager

3701 Pender Dr Suite 400

Was perfectly happy with Roboform V7 but do not like Roboform anymore since they decided to stop browser support for it. Do not like Roboform Everywhere. Do not want storage of my passcards online. Do not like the current pricing where you keep on paying annually if you want to keep using it.
Hello and thanks for the feedback. Our last release of v7 was several years ago and maintaining full functionality in perpetuity for it is unfeasible. As mentioned in our direct message, there is no cost to upgrade to our current release and there is also no requirement to sync with our servers if you don't wish to. We're more than willing to assist you in upgrading at any time. Should you wish to do so kindly reach out at https://www.roboform.com/support.
that there is no longer a top toolbar is one of the worst losses of everyday functionality I have encountered I have used RoboForm for maybe 8 years now, always the jewel in the crown now it is a cumbersome and almost useless tool which behaves in an inconsistent manner which defeats the very purpose of its existence ok, so it's the fault of Firefox ... but how does that improve or rectify the loss of functionality ? ... it doesn't the TOP TOOLBAR, apart from the glorious ease of use, was also in the same location as the URL, so the eye could quickly catch whether there is a lock or https ... now all the time is wasted on performing additional clicks and trying to rectify the inconsistent outcomes from a program that was everything to one now that is at best 'highly problematic', in times when computer security, identity theft and cyber scams are omnipresent , to have a major pillar of my personal security online just evaporate like this is simply rubbish ok, blame firefox, even so the side bar or bottom toolbar either require much more user effort or the functions don't work in a consistent manner, and that's not a firefox problem as absurd a placement on screen that a bottom toolbar may be, I'd probably cop that if it worked, but intermittent equals dysfunction what a sad upgrade (please excuse any typos or grammaticals ... just couldn't be bothered checking) Jack
Hi Jack - we understand and sympathize with your frustration regarding this update, and we hope you can also understand our need to meet browser requirements and specifications. With that being said, you can continue to use RoboForm 8.3.5 until the official release of Firefox 57. https://www.roboform.com/dist/RoboForm-Setup-8-3-5-5.exe
This version of roboform sucks! If it isn't changed back with in a week i am out of here!
Hello and thank you for the feedback. We've since updated the extension based on user feedback. One update allows you to use the old desktop editor same as previously. See here for instructions on how to enable: https://help.roboform.com/hc/en-us/articles/360054131231-How-to-Use-Desktop-Editor-for-View-and-Edit In addition, we have also moved back the Logins menu to its previous position.
Another 10+ year paid user and the recent function and interface changes are so regressive, I'm in the process of looking for a replacement. Roboform support is so far worthless, I've never needed it until now, but it's just the typical copy and paste of canned answers. Just to point out 2 of the more annoying changes in one of the most recent updates that has completely changed the functionality. There's so many more that have dumbed down and broke the functionality of the program, someone could write a small book about them all. I can only guess they're stripping down their product for mobile and chromebook users, but it's destroying the windows version of the program. 1. Roboform no longer shows passcards for the website you are on unless you are on a login page. It now only shows the options for Popular, Recent, and A-Z. I have almost 3,000 saved passwords, very often I need the password for the website I am on even if I am not on the login page, this is because roboform doesn't recognize many programs in windows and saving them through the website is the easiest way to keep the passwords correct. A few examples of programs that roboform can't work with. Adobe creative cloud, Steam, Origin, Epic Games Launcher, Putty, and copying from a website login was the easiest way to quickly get the correct password for these commonly used programs. Now, it's a cumbersome process to find the website, find a login page, wait for the web based editor to open the passcard (this is another feature that shouldn't have been implemented as described below). Editing passcards now opens in a browser rather than in the app itself even though the much better functionality still exists in the app. Not being able to default editing to the app is a dealbreaker on its own IMO. It was so fast to browse through passcards as needed, now again, unless you are not using the browser version, it's is slow and difficult looking through thousands of passcards in a small plugin window. Again, these seem like small changes, but they literally change the product to such a level that it is no longer functional in the same way. It adds many steps to what was always available immediately. What's most annoying is that all of the desired features are still available in the app but not from the web browser interfaces. It's like they built a new dumbed down version for browsers on top of the functional version which is still on the computer, but not easily accessible. This is another groupthink executive nonsensical decision that we are increasingly seeing good companies make with their products.
Hello Jamie, Thanks for the feedback. As far as the desktop editor issue, we released an update last month that directly addresses this: https://help.roboform.com/hc/en-us/articles/360054131231-How-to-Use-Desktop-Editor-for-View-and-Edit We have been reaching out to folks like yourself who had written in about this before we put out the release but apparently hadn't gotten to your ticket yet. As far as the Matching Logins issue, we are also working on an update that will address that for our next release which should also be out shortly. We've also updated your original support ticket accordingly as well as emailed you directly. Should you require any additional assistance please don't hesitate to contact us again. Best regards, RoboForm
I am sad to say that after using Roboform for many years, it has become an outdated, impractical tool. I am not into the conspiracy but I assume the company sold and the original owners made millions and the new owners simply don't care. Either way, I am switching after many years. Trust me, there are far better apps out there for password storage.
Hi Brady - We're really sorry to hear of your disappointment. We see that a representative reached out via phone in an effort to assist, and we'd really love the opportunity to work through any issues you're experiencing should that still be of interest to you.
Been with Roboform since the very beginning (have 4 paid licenses) and now is time for me to sadly say whatever this new silliness is about, is not what got my attention and money. I will be looking for a new service that keeps my intel on my computer without having to jump through hoops to make sure it stays on that computer from the very get-go install. I wish you (whoever you are now) the best, but some of us know how to do daily/weekly backups and hence, cherish our intel staying private and in our hands, not on some server somewhere that we have no control over.
Hello - we certainly would hate to see you leave and we'd like to gather some specifics regarding the "new silliness" that you referred to. Additionally, rest assured, your RoboForm data always remains secure as all decryption of your RoboForm data happens on your device and not on our servers. No RoboForm data can be accessed without the Master Password. At your convenience, please feel free to share any details with us regarding the issues you're having so we can help as needed. Thank you. http://bit.ly/1L9QELn
It's a good program which it have used for years
I've used Roboform for a decade. It's a terrific password manager...until now. Roboform v8 has a horrible install and activation process and the number of steps to autofill a password has increased. Pros: - It WAS a great password program. If you can manage to get it installed and activated, its Login, Bookmarks, and Safenote features all operate like previous versions with a few new annoyances. Cons: - V7 and earlier has a Roboform for Desktop version which was a client version only...no cloud upload. Version 8, apparently, is called Roboform Everywhere even though the word "Everywhere" doesn't appear in the software download. - In order to upgrade from v7 to v8, you have to enter your email address and Roboform Master Password (from v7). Siber Systems then automatically creates an online Roboform Everywhere cloud account for you and automatically syncs all of your private password data to that online cloud account. No, the install does not ask you for permission to do this. - The only option for payment is now a monthly fee billed annually. - If you dig far enough into Siber Systems website, you'll discover that a free 30-day trial of Roboform Everywhere account is created in v8. If you don't start paying for Roboform Everywhere, the program reverts to "Roboform Free". It won't tell you that, however, and your previous v7 license is useless (despite the previous option to upgrade free from v7 to v8). The Help-->About screen just says "trial expired" and there's no menu entry to "Activate Roboform". See attached picture. - After my Roboform Everywhere 30-day trial expired, I deleted my Roboform Everywhere account--the one where Siber Systems tricked me into uploading to their cloud all of my private password data. I then got a popup on my computer that says an account is required to operate Roboform. See attached picture. - In previous versions, one could click a password login entry and, if the master password hadn't yet been entered, the program would ask you for the master password and then immediately fill the login fields. Now, if one clicks on the password login entry, the master password dialog box will pop up, but after that it doesn't fill the login information. The user has to go back up to the Roboform menu and click the login entry AGAIN. Roboform v8 is a trainwreck for anyone who wants privacy or who wants only a client version of the program. Choose a different program.
Hi Bob - we're very sorry to hear of your discontent with V8 and we'd love the opportunity to address your concerns. 1) In Version 8, you can choose to keep your data local by turning off the automatic sync feature. This will revert your RoboForm license from RoboForm Everywhere to RoboForm Free. 2) Account verification is required in RoboForm version 8. This verification process is necessary to convert your account from V7 to V8. V7 uses your Everywhere User ID and Password, while V8 uses your email address and Master Password. Although account creation is required, syncing is not mandatory. You will first be prompted to verify your RoboForm Everywhere credentials. Please note, however, certain features such as Secure Sharing and Web Access do require it. 3) While a RoboForm Everywhere subscription is billed annually, for those who would prefer to not purchase RoboForm, we do offer RoboForm Free. In addition, you may purchase RoboForm Everywhere upfront in 3 and 5 year increments. 4) While the RoboForm Everywhere trial is free, once that trial expires, the subscription must be purchased should you wish to continue to use the premium features. As is standard with trials of premium products, once expired, they revert back to the free version. You can, however, choose to continue to use your V7 license. The license simply needs to be reinstalled. Should you require the installation instructions, please let us know and we'll gladly send them your way. Please note, there is only one limitation. As the data file type is different between V7 and V8, any data newly saved in V8 cannot transfer back to V7 when the V7 license is reinstalled. 5) While an account is needed for licensing purposes, you can still stop/remove your data from syncing to the cloud. 6) Regarding privacy and security, when you install RoboForm, all decryption of your RoboForm data happens on your device and not on our servers. No RoboForm data can be accessed without the Master Password. We have no way of knowing what your Master Password is because RoboForm does not transmit it to our servers. Additional security information can be found here: https://www.roboform.com/security Should any questions or concerns remain, please do not hesitate to reach back out.
Works EXTREMELY well and haven't had any issues. First and only password manager I've tried and I highly recommend. I tried it on the basis of it's excellent reviews from multiple websites/sources and they were 100% on point. I even recommended it to my 83 year old father-in-law and he likes and uses it. And believe me, if he can use it, anyone can. Simple intuitive interface, strong encryption, and easy to generate secure passwords. Can't say enough good things about RoboForm.
Excelente, só não estou em condições de renovar a assinatura. Assim que possível farei.
Used RoboForm for about 2 1/2 years now and it functions great! Makes remembering usernames & passwords a piece of cake. I would put my vote for a link to a new or updated users manual (pdf) that we could download and print or save to disk after system & program updates!
The latest update was beyond disappointing in terms of the negative changes to the UI experience. I have been using and paying for Roboform since the beginning. At least 15 years, and now I am compelled to look at alternatives. Very VERY disappointing, I can no longer recommend Roboform.
I've been a RoboForm user for a number of years and it has always performed exceptionally. Unfortunately, the latest update completely changed the function of the program. Simple one or two click forms now take four or five. NOT GOOD! Please restore the functionality to the previous level!
Hello Bruce, Last month we re-instated the old position of the Logins tab on the extension and added some additional improvements. We've also reached out to you directly but didn't hear back. Should you have any additional questions or concerns please don't hesitate to reach out directly. Best regards, RoboForm
Your last update completely ruined your product. I've been using RoborForm for over 8 years and I will not be renewing my subscription. For the love of god, why did you completely change the layout and functionality of the program in one update???? What compelled your team to create a WBS and revised layout that is a nightmare to navigate? Sadly, you all had a winner of a product and you turned it into a brick.
Hello and thank you for the feedback. We've since updated the extension to allow you to use the old desktop editor same as previously. See here for instructions on how to enable: https://help.roboform.com/hc/en-us/articles/360054131231-How-to-Use-Desktop-Editor-for-View-and-Edit
I originally purchased roboform around version 5 at that time they promised free lifetime upgrades. as you can see from the website that is no longer available. its a shame as the program works nicely. not satisfied with a company that will promise something and after you pay for it change their policy.
Hello and thanks for the feedback. As we discussed, there is no charge to upgrade your existing Desktop license to our current version. Happy we were able to clear up this misunderstanding. Should you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to contact our 24/7 support team at https://www.roboform.com/support
Application is outstanding works perfectly for login and bookmarks. Happy with Customer service support and fast replay. But I found three CONS 1) As I am a ADMIN, I try to do ssh session via putty not working as expected and other Windows Applications also not working better if you have some DOCS and examples for SSH and RDP sessions 2) If I use my account on other Devices (PC) only browser Extension then ICON is not displayed over login/Form fields. Manually I have to go extension and click respective login. 3) while coming to form filling RF is not detecting all Fields like IRCTC form in India, shipping address etc.
I am a 17-year RoboForm user. Though they do a good job anticipating and providing new features, I sometimes find the GUI a little clumsy with what I consider too many clicks to accomplish repetitive tasks. With that said, I frequently recommend RoboForm to potential users.
Very unhappy about the mandatory update to Version 8. With Version 7 I didn't have to mess with Master Passwords because my data was stored locally. Now that isn't an option and I've got to enter a Master Password to get to my other passwords. I use a password manager because I have serious memory problems. RoboForm was perfect for my situation since I didn't have to worry about forgetting how to access locally stored data. What's the point of a password manager that I won't be able to use sooner or later because I've forgotten the password? I suppose I need to find another password solution now.
Hello Daniel, thanks for the feedback. RoboForm 8 offers a similar functionality whereby you don't need to enter your Master Password. It is a one time setting you can turn on by following the instructions here: https://help.roboform.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003892771-Can-I-stop-the-Master-Password-prompts- Please let us know if this allays your concerns. We also contacted you directly last week upon receiving your review.
Technical support is awful. No phone option so that you can speak with someone. I have requested a phone call and not received it. It is fine on my computer at home but getting new additional devices set up is ridiculous. One of the main points is to be able to use it remotely on additional devices when I am traveling. I will re-address this review if I ever get my ongoing issues resolved.
Hello - We certainly want to get you up and running ASAP! While our 24/7 ticketing system is typically the quickest and easiest method for receiving support, and we do see that you've been working with a representative, we have requested that our support team call you in an effort to expedite the matter.
I've been using this software for the past 12 years now. It is certainly a lifesaver for me. I have so many accounts that I would never be able to remember all of them without having to look every single one of them up every time. Thank you Roboform. This program is well worth the cost to be stored across all my devices.
RoboForm is rated 4.48 based on 1,475 reviews