Simple Moving Labor Reviews

of reviewers recommend Simple Moving Labor
Read Simple Moving Labor Reviews

About Simple Moving Labor:

At SML, we take the most stressful part of your move - loading and unloading your rental truck or storage unit - and make it simpler than you could ever believe!

866-767-5348

My experience with the SML movers was great! They arrived precisely on time, were quick, efficient, and a pleasure to work with. I could tell that they worked jobs together previously since they seemed to have a system. The rate seemed reasonable and having the movers take care of loading and unloading made moving day a breeze. They arrived as strangers and we departed as friends!
Thank you Kristina - We love to hear the team worked well together to make your move a positive experience.
Great group of guys that are very hard workers that applied there expertise and smarts for a smoooth move.
Thank you Michael Vonnegut (greatest last name ever) - Glad our crew was able to make your move go well.
I had a absolutely terrible experience with SML. Twice! I hired a two person crew for my load in Edenton NC, and a few weeks later, another two person crew for the unload. For both bookings, the crew never showed up. While I did receive multiple calls for the office staff, asking how the move was going, I told them I had no crew and we were still waiting. With both bookings the representatives tried to reach the missing crew multiple times, but could not locate them, or give me a status on where they were, or when they might actually arrive.

For the first booking for a loading crew, the representative finally found. replacement crew, but they did not arrive until the sun was going dow, so we did the entire load in the dark. For the second unload booking, that rep also finally found a replacement crew, but I had already unloaded most of the storage container myself by the time they had arrived, as we had been waiting for almost four hours for them to arrive.

Both the reps on the phone were professional and very apologetic, and the replacement crews were helpful, if not exhausted from their earlier bookings. However the fact that there seems to be no accountability for your crews leaves the customer high and dry when they need your service most. You made the stress of moving 1000 time more difficult.

The rep I spoke with during the loading experience, made multiple apologies and promised to make an adjustment on our billing for the problems, but no adjustments were made.

The unloading crew claimed 2 hours on the sign off sheet, even though I indicated they arrived at 4:30 and left at 6:00. So I paid for two hours, to unload most of the job myself, while I only had a crew on site for 1.5 hours. And again, I was charged the full price for the job.

SML was the recommended provider offered by PackRats, the storage container service we used for the move. I have share my incredibly frustrating experience with them. I strongly recommend you change your hiring practices when approving your moving crews, as your service is completely unreliable in it's current state.

SML failed both times I booked them. I can not recommend them as a service provider. (I would rate the 0 stars, but this review system forces me to assign a one star.)
Thank you for reaching out Randy. Sorry we had to find a replacement but I am glad we were able to find availability for your unload. Please reach out to us at 866-767-5348 to discuss further.
No crew leader appeared until job was over. Truck was not loaded per your information on the website. The job, which took over 3 1/2 hour could have taken less had the individuals worked in tandem. Most of the time 1 individual stayed in the truck while the other loaded boxes on a flatbed. Left dolly outside when they could have used dolly to move boxes. To move my furniture they did not use blankets provided until they were loaded on the truck. My dining room chairs were not covered and damage was sustained. People should be made aware that you are just a middle man and contract out your jobs to other moving companies. Had I known this up front I may have not used your company. Will I use your services again, the answer is no.
Our crew was friendly, but a bit slow loading the truck.
Thank you for letting us know. Feel free to reach out to discuss further 866-767-5348
On time. Courteous and very careful when moving items. Great job.
They were early and effective. The only thing that could have been better was that I had set aside my toolbox for them to disconnect the washer. When it came time to do that, they had already packed the toolbox in the truck! My daughter in law had to run out and buy the tool that we needed!!
Good service, On time and did a good job!
We just used SML to assist us in unloading our truck which we drove to the location. Only had a few pieces and them a few inside the house that needed to be relocated. Could not have been more pleased with our crew from SML - they were on time - moved everything needed. Exactly the assistance we needed- without a hitch - Thanks SML!
My 2 SML movers arrived right on time - to unload our 16’ rental moving truck that was packed full with a few pieces of furniture but over 100 boxes of various shapes, sizes and weight - into our new home in Sarasota, FL. They arrived with a flat dolly as well as a hand-cart as I had requested. Both men were courteous, kind, respectful, quick and very professional. They worked very efficiently as a team, arranging groups of boxes destined for certain rooms onto their hand cart, and then carefully but quickly moving them into the designated rooms in the house. Not a single box was dropped. They were done in exactly 2 hours - which was what originally had been estimated, but I was sure would take longer. I would absolutely recommend using SML for moving labor in my local area. 👍

Note, I did not use them for my move out in Chicago, because SML Chicago required using 3 movers for any job out of a high-rise building.
Service was great. The movers were professional and knowledgeable. They were very respectful and helpful. I would you use their services again because they were amazing.
I used 2 crews. 1 in Kissimmee Fl. They were excellent. Couldn’t ask for a better crew. 2nd was in Sneads Ferry NC. They were good but not in the same league as the 1st crew. Overall very satisfied.
The team that did our move were very professional and courteous the only reason for 4 out of 5 is that their equipment was was lacking and their coordinating efforts were more of a B game not an A game hence the labor time was 5 1/2 hours instead of 3 1/2 - 4 hours ....a 4th person would have made a big difference
The 2 young men very professional and nice. They unloaded the truck quickly placing items where I wanted them. They even moved some things around for me. I would gladly hire them again.
The 2 guys that came today and loaded our moving truck were AMAZING! They were creative (I couldn’t get something off the wall), they were helpful (I needed help getting something into a neighbors car to go to the landfill), and they were all-around just great guys. We are 6 hours into our cross country drive and just looked into the back and nothing has moved. They were perfect!
Came on time. Brought what they needed. Worked fast and hard. Were very organized. All done in less than 2hrs minimum. We were very pleased.
We were very pleased with our experience with SML. Although our unloading labor was a little over 1 hour late due to a delay in a previous job, they more than made up for that time with the speed at which they performed our work. Even moving quickly, they were very careful with our property and very friendly overall.
Fantastic Team (Sean and Spencer) of efficient, effective, thorough, and polite movers from SML. We were absolutely thrilled with these two hard-working movers who made our move so much smoother and more pleasant. We are most grateful!
From the moment I submitted my information online to the moment the gentlemen left after helping unload my truck it was a great experience. Everyone I dealt with was courteous and professional. Care was taken with my belongings, and the gentlemen even took the time to be sure larger furniture items were placed where I wanted them to be. Would recommend and use again, especially for the price.
Other than being late this time, they were super again.
The movers assigned to me showed up on time, they were extremely professional and they did an amazing job. Count me as a very satisfied customer.
Simple Moving Labor is rated 4.38 based on 1,020 reviews