Simple Moving Labor Reviews

of reviewers recommend Simple Moving Labor
Read Simple Moving Labor Reviews

About Simple Moving Labor:

At SML, we take the most stressful part of your move - loading and unloading your rental truck or storage unit - and make it simpler than you could ever believe!

866-767-5348

I had a absolutely terrible experience with SML. Twice! I hired a two person crew for my load in Edenton NC, and a few weeks later, another two person crew for the unload. For both bookings, the crew never showed up. While I did receive multiple calls for the office staff, asking how the move was going, I told them I had no crew and we were still waiting. With both bookings the representatives tried to reach the missing crew multiple times, but could not locate them, or give me a status on where they were, or when they might actually arrive. For the first booking for a loading crew, the representative finally found. replacement crew, but they did not arrive until the sun was going dow, so we did the entire load in the dark. For the second unload booking, that rep also finally found a replacement crew, but I had already unloaded most of the storage container myself by the time they had arrived, as we had been waiting for almost four hours for them to arrive. Both the reps on the phone were professional and very apologetic, and the replacement crews were helpful, if not exhausted from their earlier bookings. However the fact that there seems to be no accountability for your crews leaves the customer high and dry when they need your service most. You made the stress of moving 1000 time more difficult. The rep I spoke with during the loading experience, made multiple apologies and promised to make an adjustment on our billing for the problems, but no adjustments were made. The unloading crew claimed 2 hours on the sign off sheet, even though I indicated they arrived at 4:30 and left at 6:00. So I paid for two hours, to unload most of the job myself, while I only had a crew on site for 1.5 hours. And again, I was charged the full price for the job. SML was the recommended provider offered by PackRats, the storage container service we used for the move. I have share my incredibly frustrating experience with them. I strongly recommend you change your hiring practices when approving your moving crews, as your service is completely unreliable in it's current state. SML failed both times I booked them. I can not recommend them as a service provider. (I would rate the 0 stars, but this review system forces me to assign a one star.)
Thank you for reaching out Randy. Sorry we had to find a replacement but I am glad we were able to find availability for your unload. Please reach out to us at 866-767-5348 to discuss further.
The actual loading and unloading went well. The movers were prompt and did a good job overall. I was overcharged (the unload took less than two hours, but I was charged for 3 hours). I didn't receive a response to two emails I sent requesting a refund for the overcharge. I have disputed the overcharge with my credit card company and I will never use SML again.
Movers arrived unprepared. Very disappointed.. No fault of their own. Told the person booking what I needed and totally disregarded what I said. I repeated it many times. It was just unloading a truck. I had to provided my own dollie to help the movers out.. Again, not their fault.... Lastly, it was an act of Congress to get confirmation....I called several times and they could never get the person (Anna) who I talked to. Very unprofessional. Didn't have a problem taking my money .....doubt I would use again....Workers were great but everything else is lacking.
This service is a bit of a scam. I specifically called and asked if I needed to hire an additional person a week prior to the move date as we were moving to a third floor apartment without an elevator. I was informed that "the crew" did not feel that was necessary. On the moving day it I asked the moving crew if they though they would need a third person, they said they they should have had one more person to make the move in 2 hours. I was instead charged by SML for 3 additional hours of labor instead of hiring an additional person to complete the move in the allotted time as requested. The company that SML hired was great, but I felt I was overcharged for no reason when I had specifically called prior to the move to address the issue at hand.
We are sorry the crew wasn't able to provide a third worker for your unloading Tiffany. Your feedback is appreciate and will be added to your account. Don't hesitate to call us at 866-767-5348 if you would like to discuss further.
Guys were quick, efficient, professional, polite and courteous.
Thank you Gil - Love seeing such positive adjectives used in reference to our crew members. Glad we were able to help.
Both movers were professional and fast. They were on time and worked very hard to get the job done. I would strongly recommend them to anyone I know who wants to get quality service!
The guys were on time and worked efficiently
Easy to book the moving help online. Men were very helpful and professional when they arrived. However, they arrived two hours later than expected due to previous job that day.
SML was quick, and helpful
A lot of my things were damaged when we unpacked the truck they did not wrap things like they should have to keep things from getting scratched and broken they had plenty of blankets
We are sorry to hear anything was damaged - Please reach out to us so we can better understand what occurred. 866-767-5348 ext. 5 for the Claims Department
Very happy would highly recommend to everyone my workers jake and george were very professional and helpful and friendly and hard working they were awesome
Thank you for the feedback. We will make sure to pass along the high praise to Jake and George.
Great job, hard workers!
Great. On time
The movers were quick and carefully wrapped everything before moving and loading.
Prompt, courteous and did an excellent job.
Pleasant guys, worked hard
They were a little late getting here but did a great job unloading.
Using SML to unload the truck was one of the best things with our move. The labors were very courteous and helpful putting everything exactly where we need them. They even went as far as to put the legs back on the couch that had to be removed for loading on the truck. Will definitely use them again and refer to friends.
Glad we could help.
Terrible experience
Sorry we missed the mark. Don't hesitate to give us a call so we can better understand what occurred during your service.
OUTSTANDING JOB, VERY PROFESSIONAL.
THANK YOU!!!