Sixt rent a car Reviews

46% of reviewers recommend Sixt rent a car
01AM
1AM

Tell us how Sixt rent a car made you happy

"I booked a car from 12pm and arrived at 1pm. I was charged an extra £32 because you didn't have the car I had already booked and paid for since the car was given to someone else. It doesn't matter if this is in the T&C's, it is robbery. I paid for the car, you cannot give it to someone else if I arrive more than 30mins after the first arranged pick up time then charge me extra for a different car because you don't have the one I paid for anymore. I will not be recommending Sixt to anyone in future."
Are you Sixt rent a car? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Rented: MXP Milan Oct 2018. Unlike all other rental car companies Sixt does not close your account when you return the car. This allows them to make damage charges weeks or months after the return. I am now in a dispute with them over two 5-10mm scratches on the alloy wheels. This was so small along with other wear on the 12,000Km car I did not flag the issue when collecting. This is just an excuse to make an unwarranted charge. In my opinion what they are doing is fraudulent."
"Great service good car happy and friendly staff"
"Competitive price, easy booking online. Car as expected and no hassles with things like whether there were additional minor scratches or not on return (there weren't!)"
"Very easy to book, and good price"
"Rented a car for a week in Geneva (Swiss side) - caught out with additional insurance, but otherwise good experience. Very good car for the price paid. One piece of advice - read up on how to drive automatics and be ready to drive a vehicle out of a busy and tight car park."
"After confirming and amending my reservation several times, Sixt informed me that my booking could not be upheld, only 22h before I was supposed to pick up my van. Because I had prepaid online, they now refuse to reimburse me. I will never use their services ever again."
"Very helpful counter staff, very friendly and the quality of the vehicle I've been provided with on both occasions has been excellent."
"Car hire in Portugal. Avoided all toll roads, returned the car undamaged and full of fuel, yet they still charged me for using toll roads AFTER the hire. Nothing short of theft/fraud. No reply to any emails, anyone who answers calls "cannot help". Even complained to my credit card - who blamed my use of chip and pin at the COLLECTION of the vehicle as the reason why they cannot refund the illegal billing at the return of the vehicle. Avoid this criminal company!"
"I had an accident in a Sixt car in Poland. Even though I had an accident, they were very understanding and very helpful. We was on our way to give our car back and had this accident. They called out someone to collect us, they were very polite and tried to make our experience a lot easier especially that we had to wait hours for the police and traffic police. We also had a plane to catch, so they made it very quick for us so we could catch it with just seconds to spare. I would rent from Sixt again even though I had a car accident."
"Booked a car from Luton airport UK, 21:00 pickup. The office closed at 21:00 and there was no facility for after hours collections. It is possible to book a 23:00 pick up from the same location, despite the office closing at 21:00 and there being no after hours facilities...... Unbelievable."
"A malfunctioned car was delivered - avoids taking responsibility, poor renting service and costumer service. Not recommended at all."
Sixt rent a car is rated 2.77 based on 13 reviews