Skates.co.uk Reviews

86% of reviewers recommend Skates.co.uk
A
A: Big Online Retailers with Unhappy Customers.
B
Happy
Low
Online Presence
High

How would you rate Skates.co.uk ?

"Wrong advertising resulting in wrong skates being sent. I’m not a skate expert but had to explain the difference to them. The communication doesn’t happen unless you chase first and then it still isn't there. The phones are never answered. I’m going to have a very unhappy birthday girl this weekend due to lack of customer service provided. Yes I understand re bad weather but when Yodel refused to collect the day before you could communicated that your customers especially the one that rushed about that day to return your mess up and send proof I have done it. Still trying to sort your mess and keep being cut off your chat. You made an error now sort it. There is other options of sending not just Yodel."
"Staff are complete idiots !! As for the management side ..... just a complete joke. Spend your hard earned money at a decent company, who will actually send the goods and provide after care support."
Sarah Louise Fielding
Verified Reviewer
"Terrible customer service. Left my son devistated before Christmas ordered and payed for a deck that they couldn't give me after waiting 2 months I had to ring them and they said they had getting a email last month saying the deck was no longer available but never thought to tell me.. Thanks skates!!! I am now waiting on a refund only been waiting a month been told by skates that PayPal are at fault and have refunded me as an e check but on further research I have found out it's not anything to do with PayPal surprise surprise when googling it and speaking to PayPal it says an e check is sent only when there is not enough money in the persons/ company's account to cover the refund at that time.. So david you told me fibs,again! This tells me that maybe this company is struggling financially so be very careful when ordering from this company!!!"
"Ok as long as you have no problems with the order, then customer service is really poor and be careful with returns as they will tell you if they decide it isn't in perfect condition you wont be getting your money back. Also dont rely on their advice they will tell you parts will fit and they obviously don't really have a clue, maybe a good price but thats it poor company to have any dealings with post sale."
"Brilliant site with amazing delivery service"
"customer service is diabolical. got confused on certain specs of a scooter part and told me to use my eyes and look, in which i was still confused as not enough details were provided about compatability. i recommend buying off skatehut.co.uk or doggscooters.co.uk as this website is dismal. DO NOT BUY FROM HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!"
"Ethic Artefact V2 deck spit after 3 months and they didn't want to know. warranty details sketchy and misleading. Not impressed"
"Ordered longboard wheels and bushings 29th july and was shown on their website as being in stock and usually use another website that had none in stock took a chance on skate uk. Seems it was a mistake as they were due for delivery Next Day ETA Tue, 1 Aug and the day they are due i get an email saying.... Upon speaking to our warehouse team, they've advised that your order became temporarily out of stock after an unexpected influx of demand. And when i contacted them they tried to say i ordered them while out of stock !! which they most definetly were not, so do not trust the website when it says things are in stock and get it by a certain date as when it does not come you get fobbed off with being told it was your fault and they seem to forget the email they sent already admitting it was in stock but their order system is useless come on guys n gals get your act together and stop treating customers badly if you dont have it in stock SAY SO instead of saying 5 left in stock then we can go elsewhere if you cant deliver on time SAY SO instead of making out you can so we can choose if we want to wait or go elsewhere before we part with our money to you people order next day because they WANT it next day very disappointed in the way you run your website even more disappointed that you make the customer out to be at fault when you cant provide the service you CLAIM you provide its been 5 days since i ordered for next day delivery and im STILL waiting"
"Brilliant customer service,reasonabe prices and hassle free returns,would recommend"
"Ordered two sets of skates to be delivered on Saturday and paid for special delivery for our twins birthday and only ine turned up, leaving one very upset birthday girl! Spoke to the company who said they are out of stocks and they cannot help me !!! Not happy."
"Item arrived promptly, in excellent condition, with minimum but sufficient packaging. Simple instructions and easily assembled. Scooter is beautifully finished and has been enjoyed by my proud grandson!"
"having bought a scooter for xmas for my grandson when he opened it their was a scratch on the stem of the handle bars .i informed skates who offered me a £10 refund which i accepted due to the amount of rain we had over the xmas period he was unable to use his scooter outside we took him to an indoor skate park . after a short timme he came off the park as he could see that the grip tape was coming off and felt it was not safe to use .we again informed skates of the problem who said that as the scooter had been used that it not covered but out of good will would contact the firm but instead sent us a new grip tape which was to small for his scooter .he has not used his scooter since then and by emil phone calls and letters we still cannot get any compromise from skates and feel very let down by as they say a family run firm"
Hi,

Please see response to first review left:

Hi Kenneth, We are sorry you feel this way about your experience, but unfortunately, even though we are a family run business, we have policies and procedures to follow as a company. We are still, more than happy to send another grip tape out to yourselves as we appreciate this situation is ongoing. As per our correspondence with yourselves, as well as Citizens Advice, we cannot offer a full refund or replacement due to the fact your scooter has been used. We are keen to get this issue resolved for you, so it is up to you whether you would like to contact us directly, or continue through Citizens Advice. As previously stated, we're happy to send the correct grip tape our to you, but will not be refunding or replacing your scooter. Please accept our apologies for the hassle caused here, and know we would love to resolve this for you.
"Easy to order, correct item received and good delivery time. Well pleased. Would definately use this website again!"
"excellent service grandaughter loved them !!!!"
"Hi I bought these for my wife who has wanted a pair for years, and she loved them. They seem to be good quality but only time and use will tell. Delivery was very quick and the service seems to be very good also, had lots of follow up. I will say that I had expected the free gift bag with skates as advertised, but I did not receive this only some stickers bit disappointing. Other than that I would recommend. mike"
Bernadette
Verified Buyer
"very fast service thank you"
"We ordered a pair of Heely's for my daughter's birthday, however I got the size incorrect. No issues with the company at all who promptly despatched a new pair (correct size). Thank you"
"Would never buy again left feedback which was truth.they blocked my e mails.send faulty scooter then sent part for it part wasnt right 1 either.after sales appauling"
Susan,

We haven't blocked your emails at all, and have been more than happy to help throughout this whole situation. If the part was not fixing the issue we would've been able to get this back to our store, and get this all fixed for you.

If you have any further issues, or would like to get this finally resolved. Please contact us directly through our email.

Thank you.
"very quick delivery good quality scooter"
"these have arrived very quickly ,"
Skates.co.uk is rated 4.46 based on 936 reviews