smarTours Reviews

85% of reviewers recommend smarTours

About smarTours: smarTours is a leading provider of direct-to-consumer, affordable travel experiences to exotic global destinations. The Company offers travelers curated, pre-packaged itineraries to over 40 destinations across the globe. By offering tours directly to consumers, the Company provides premium-quality experiences at value prices, and as a result, has cultivated a highly passionate and loyal community of repeat travelers. More than 200,000 travelers have taken a smarTours trip since the founding of the Company in 1996. smarTours is… the smarter way to see the world.

800-337-7773

info@smartours.com

545 Eighth Ave. Suite 2250
New York, NY 10018

Tell us how smarTours made you happy

Under an hour
"The tour guide tried her best but needs more training on relating to passengers. The bus driver never got off the bus to help passengers. Too many churches. After reviewing Portugal, I realized there were things I would have like to have seen considering the amount of time we were on the bus. Also, the meal where the show took place was poor. On the positive side, the hotels were very good."
"Our trip to Italy was sensational! The sights, the food, the hotels and our group was fantastic! Our tour guide Ambra was the most intelligent, kind and caring woman! She went above and beyond and we are hoping that she will be our guide on our next Smartour! We have made friends on this trip that will last a life time!!! Thank you!!!"
"SmarTours continues to exceed my expectations for accommodations, schedule, organization, guides, and local tours. I sing their praises every chance I get. The value is unmatched."
"smarTours trip to Peru was amazing. Dagmar our guide made the trip so worthwhile. She was very knowledgeable, and absolutely wonderful. Loved Peru and the people are lovely. Based on this experience I am booked for another tour to Kenya next year!!"
"Our tour guide was really knowledgeable and lovely and made the experience so enjoyable! The choices of optional excursions were plentiful and interesting. I would have liked better hotels and the layover we had at the airport coming into Helsinki with nothing planned was not acceptable."
"The ship and crew were great. The tour itself was everything I’d hoped for and more. Our tour guide was outstanding."
"Our guide Harry Sun was outstanding patient and serene. He was knowledgeable about China 🇨🇳 and made such a wonderful difference. This was our first trip to China and made us hungry for a trip back"
"Additional comments to earlier review. The boarding in Newark was very prolonged. There were two overseas flights leaving from adjoining gates making it warm and confining. Also announcements were difficult to hear. This was on Your leaving August 1, 2019. Street side rooms in Dublin were very noisy, heard people shouting after leaving the nearby pubs and the street sweepers in early morning."
"Have traveled with Smartours in the past and this was the worst experience. Trip was not presented as advertised. Entire city visits removed.. course was changed .. riverboat cabins were small and cramped.. we spent a total of 3 hours in Amsterdam for touring. I do not recommend this tour and will not be traveling with Smartours in the future.."
"I took the June 19 - July 2nd tour this year. We had a wonderful tour director (Elvis). He has a great sense of humor, patience and his encyclopedic knowledge of the history of the area is admirable. He is quite an asset to SmarTours. The local guides were very good, the hotels good. A wonderful tour all around with great travel companions. The American Airlines flight from Prague to Philadelphia was the worst flight I was ever on in my long history of air travel. Nothing worked and the food was terrible."
"The tour was fantastic. It was organized and on-time. The guides were great especially Dagmar. Lake Titicaca was a highlight and the guide there was fabulous. The hotels were wonderful. The meals that were included were delicious and in very nice restaurants. We will travel with smart-tours again."
"I have been on eight Smartours vacations. I think Peru was one of the best! It’s a fascinating country and I have always wanted to visit Machu Picchu. Our tour director Dagmar Becerra was great. She was very professional and had a vast knowledge of Peru."
"Traveling with 16 strangers was a lot of fun... Everyone seemed to care about each others needs. The Cities we visited were well chosen, each with its own uniqueness. Hotels were fantastic. The only exception to a perfect tour would be, after a long 'sleepless' plane trip at night, we were scheduled for City tours and all day on a coach.... Most fellow travelers fell asleep on the coachs and missed the tours. Early check-in would be great and afternoon tours..."
"Poor customer service. SmarTours received the $300 deposit check and cashed it on November 30, 2018, but claimed that the check was not received on December 6, 2018, and refused to do research. Misleading tour dates. SmarTours advertised tour dates as July 7 to July 19, 2019, but actual travel dates are July 8 to July 18, 2019. Two very tiring early morning departures to the airports. The visit to the World Heritage Site Borobudur Temple is too short. Tour Director Jack is excellent, hotels are great, meals are satisfying."
"A lot of activities of great variety scheduled in a perfect time frame! Great hotels, EXCELLENT tour guide, and so much culture! A phenomenal value for the price!!!"
"This is the 2nd trip I've taken with Smartours. The tour guides were extremely informative, very helpful, and appeared to be genuinely concerned for every traveler. When i compare my trips to others who have traveled to the same counties I have but used a different tour group or traveled on their own, their experiences in the foreign land was not nearly as extensive as mine. My Smartour experiences has been nothing but amazing!"
"Our Tour Director, Par, was not what I have experienced on other Smartours and therefore very disappointed. He did not provide contact info for us if we had a question or issue. When we asked questions he normally said it was not important and did not answer. He did not provide background info for any city we visited. He did not seem to be concerned about our issues or concerns. He did not sit with us for any meal. He was only concerned about what suit him. When we were picked up initially, he wasn't concerned about restrooms or meals. I would suggest that Smartours look at this person before booking any other tours with him. The guides for each city were great and very well versed in the history and other points of interest. The countries are beautiful and I was looking forward to learning more about the history. I have been spoiled with Smartours and their very experienced Tour Guides in Eastern Europe, South Africa and Greece. I was so disappointed and so were so many of my fellow travelers. I know that almost everyone of the 20 people on this tour were disappointed with the Tour Director, the hotels and the overall experience. We had two people that depended on Par, our tour director to assist them with changes but that was like pulling teeth, there were people with dietary concerns that were just brushed off, as if unimportant. Overall, I will look to other companies in the future."
"The tour guide was great. I enjoyed the stuff I saw. He picked great sites to take us to. I enjoyed the food. Did not like Jungle Vilas hotel. We passed so many better looking hotels it was hard to believe it was upscale. It seemed like we were the only guests and the hotel was way down a dusty road in the middle of nowhere. If I had wanted a safari I would have picked a different tour. Some of the places our guide took us to shop seemed a bit pricey. Yes, he was guaranteeing quality. But exploring on our own we found shops which displayed comparable reputation and goods at less expensive pricing. The so called farewell dinner was an absolute disaster. The selection of the restaurant and food was so bad we could have skipped it. In fact, that's the kind of dinner you take your guests to when you want to say "farewell, please don't come back again." If it wasn't for the guide, we'd be bad mouthing that part of the trip all over social media."
"We have done 4 Smartours over the years. South Africa, Macchu Piccu, Galapagos, India and Nepal. Each and every time we have been so very happy with EVERYTHING. The tour, the accommodations, the food, the tour guides, especially the tour guides. Safe, knowledgeable and fun! I recommend Smartours to so many people you would think I worked for the company. 111 countries and the very best of these were done with Smartours."
"I have been to Ireland 4 times (adore it!) and wanted to share it with my sister. (Her first trip.) (I have traveled with smarTours on many occasions and have always been pleased.) I was happy this tour included places I had not been before. We both had an absolute blast! My sister has special dietary needs and Paul, our tour director/driver, helped her out really well. She was able to easily get the food she needed. This was a major stumbling block to going overseas and it was taken care of beautifully. If anyone is hesitating because of dietary needs, you needn't worry. For one thing, vegan and vegetarian offerings are everywhere. (Her needs were more specialized.) I love Ireland for her amazing history, literature, art, music, and dance, but I had forgotten just how gorgeous she is as well. And Paul made sure we had great spots to take photos. Another thing I had forgotten is that everyone is incredibly friendly. If you have a 15 minute conversation with a stranger they are likely to invite you to dinner! I have been fortunate to travel many places in this world and Ireland is my very favorite place. And the Magical Ireland tour with smarTours was fabulous. It was great but it was the little things (like jumping up and down on a peat bog! It is really cool!) that were added bonuses. One drawback to the tour (and we will be in the minority) is that it was heavy on eating and drinking. We prefer seeing the sites and learning history. Having said that, I also have to say there was a good balance of free time and guided time. However, you do have to remember, with a tour like this, it is going to be rushed. We chose to skip meals sometimes so we had more time at the sites. I do highly recommend this tour to anyone considering a trip to the Emerald Isle. The tour included all the major places a first time visitor to Ireland should see as well as places someone who has been there before may not have seen. I am ready to go again!"
smarTours is rated 4.39 based on 836 reviews