Sport Chek Reviews

4AM

Tell us how Sport Chek made you happy

Telephone, Email, Live Chat
Over a week
"Recently made on online order on Sportschek.ca. Knowing that Canada Post was on strike still decided to ship the item using them. When I contacted customer service the rep was not helpful at all and her answer was pretty much just deal with it. Never again dealing with Sports chek again."
Are you Sport Chek? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"I ordered a swimming cap online, and when the product arrived , it was used and hair still in it, so gross. how can not check the product before shipping it. Awful. If i can rate it zero star I would."
"Received pants that are very different than they looked on line. I was told I would have to pay to return them. I think the customer service representative on the phones was high, because he was extremely confused and unprofessional."
"I wouldn't recommend SportChek. Customer service is terrible both in store and online. They don't listen to customer concerns. Still waiting for my sons shoes, will take two weeks to receive them."
"Store did not have ANY x-country ski equipment in the store in November. Who is going to want summer equipment in Saskatchewan in November?! Does not even stock alot of their merchandise, so needs to be purchased online. Gift card would not work online - so would have had to go both in store and online. Employees were kind enough, but not knowledgeable in the least. No knowledge at all about what they were selling, no idea what they had in stock or what could be gotten that was not in stock. I do not want to support a company that does not have educated employees and is doing their best to replace employees that they do have (ONLY available online). It is also clear that Atmosphere and Sportchek are run by the same company as their website are nearly identical, and both stores have many items available ONLY online. I will certainly be taking my business elsewhere to an establishment that at least makes an attempt to know what they are talking about."
"Very Poor Customer Service! I ordered something online and Canada Post stated it was delivered; however, I never received it. When I contacted Customer Service, they initially stated wait a couple of days and if you still don't receive it, call back and we'll cancel your order. When I called back in 2 days, they advised that I had to wait another 5 days and then call back again......and was left on hold for over 15 minutes....When I advised that I needed the item purchased sooner than that, they suggested I place another order. Why would I place another order when I never received the first one....yet have paid for it.......Will not order from them again!"
"I ordered a jacket worth $45 and mittens last October 1 and got it by Oct 10 but I got a pair of gloves ($14.95) instead plus the mittens. I called customer service and they provided me a return slip and told me to send it back by Canada post and said that I dont have to pay for anything YET when I went there, Canada post is asking me to pay for a fee. Not only it’s hustle but disappointing as well. Like a jacket is way different from a pair of gloves. Maybe don’t offer online shopping if you wouldn’t do it correctly then. Now I can’t call them back because it’s a Saturday."
"ordered golf clubs online sept25 after 3 days i received no confirmation of my order so called customer service and told my order was still being sourced, went online and located 7 sets of clubs in ontario within 5 hours of my address. another call to customer service and again wait a little longer. week 2 i receive email stating my clubs are being shipped from edmonton, when i received them on the carton is big black letters missing clubs, once i opened the box there was two missing clubs along with no head covers, and best of all electronic security devices were still attached, also not packing material to protect the clubs. Another call to customer support and told to ship them back which i did and sport chek received them. i called again questioned as why i had not received a refund same ole answer wait 5 days. i again called and asked if they could ship another set of clubs but not unless i was willing to place another online order and pay full amount, found another set of clubs online from discount golf and asked if sport chek would price match no way so thought i would share how sport chek cares less about customer service, shame on your unethical business practice. i have visited my local sport chek retailer and the manager was very understanding and appalled at how my order was treated.Russ"
"I received excellent customer service from the London Ontario Sportschek Manager Michael and his sales staff member Kelly. They went beyond excellent customer service to help myself locate and receive a product that was not available online or in my local store. I would highly recommend using this location"
"Very bad customer service. I went to get skates and staff kept entertaining one customer and ignored me. He then disappeared from the counter. When asked with another staff for assistance she kept giving excuses and rude attitude."
"I recently when to Sport Chek in Southcentre Mall in Calgary and the manager JJ has terrible; zero customer service. I went there to purchase a coat that was said to be available there online. My size and the colour I wanted. I had 2 wonderful staff members trying to find the coat in the back warehouse. Both could not find. I spoke with JJ who said “it’s probably in the back and we can’t open the boxes until the current sale was over.” I was confused because I could have purchased on line and I would have gotten it, plus online stated it was at this store and other locations did have the coats on the floor; just not my size. JJ did nothing to resolve the situation. He was rude and it was clear that he didn’t care about the sale or not. I won’t go to that location again. PS The option to rate my customer service on this webpage didn’t work either."
"Do not buy a bike from the Keaton location, I had nothing but problems with the bike when I asked for a refund within the 60 day policy I was told no I left bike at the store because it had become unsafe for my son to ride."
"When you call in to the customer service line they are rude and arrogant. How are these people still employed. I truly hope all calls are recorded"
"Waited 20 minuets for someone to help us in the shoe department. Staff walked passed us and ignored us. I finally found someone to help us who then disappeared for 10 minutes and we eventually left without getting any service. I spoke to the manager who simply said I’m sorry I will talk to staff. Obviously managers nor the on floor staff any kind of customer service training. The manager definitely has no leadership training and is not equipped to handle or deal with customer complaints. Word of advice, invest in training your staff including your managers. Hire qualified managers and not teenagers to teach your staff."
"I ordered size two shoes for my daughter for back to school. Was sent a size one in a size two box. Simple mistake. Was told i would have to return shoes to the store but I do not drive and cannot return shoes to the store. Then was told i would have to mail them back, wait for a refund and order again! I would not be guaranteed shoes in time for school. Very poor customer service considering it was their error."
"Salesman in the Georgian Mall was extremely knowledgeable. It was a pleasure to be there. Every employee including checkout were attentive and pleasant. My wife and I will definitely shop there from now on"
"Ordered 2 pair of shoes online. Got somebody else’s shipment. Called customer service. Shoes are no longer available. Was asked to send wrong shipment back, but no effort is made to find my order, was just asked to look for other shoes, which I am not going to do. Very very disappointing . This was my first and last order with sport check."
"good and fast shipping"
"Just bought two pairs of shoes for my boy in Shawnessy, Calgary. Bayley C. was assisting us to find the best pairs for my son. He also helped other customers very politely. He consistently checked if we need more assistance. He was also very fast providing us the sizes we need. His excellent customer service makes my shopping easy and fast."
"Returned a pair of sneakers that were defective, gave me the full value, no receipt and had been almost 3 months since the purchase! This was at the Dartmouth Crossing location in Dartmouth Nova Scotia. Great customer service !!"
Sport Chek is rated 1.92 based on 96 reviews