Stein Mart Reviews

10PM
10PM

Popular Questions:

Delivery

How does Stein Mart deliver?

How can I contact Stein Mart?

Tell us how Stein Mart made you happy

Telephone
"Went to store 340 today in Scottsdale. Long lines and long wait and when I finally got to be first in line a longer wait while all 3 ladies checking people out were concentrating on 1 customer. When I finally got to the counter I said I was not used to such long wait times at other Steinmart stores. The Steinmart employee, rather than being conciliatory, told me I could tell the store manager if I felt that way. I felt that she had a very rude, poor attitude. Upsetting."
Are you Stein Mart? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback Stein Mart receives and that when things do go wrong, you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"Ecommerce is a joke. Customer service ignores and does not respond to your issues and complaints. They truly dont care about their customers."
"Ordered on line many times, never disappointed!"
"I have tried to place an order SIX times and TWICE with SM CSR. Website has issues and CSR will not help!"
"If only you could leave ZERO or less stars! I received a comforter set today to find it USED! Yep, thought it was odd that it smelled like detergent/softener and also the sheet set was NOT crisp and new and balled up and shoved in the bag. As I was removing the product from the bag a softener sheet fell out!!! DISGUSTED that they would even package something like this!! NEVER AGAIN!!"
"First time customer. I ordered a door buster item a pressure cooker. The price was great, which is why I ordered it. The delivery was great, the next day. I did not get the one .I ordered. The one they sent was smaller and not by the same company. I ordered a Cuisinaut and the one I got is from a company I have never heard of. Guess they thought I'd keep it became I'd need it for Thanksgiving. Wrong. Now I have to take it to the store and wait for them to put the money back on my bank card. Will Never order anything from them again. Nor will I shop there in person."
"I order first time,my orderwas the hummingbird comforter set,waiting for the order notthing,when I call the person ask for order#she could not find after45min she came to say someone cancel my order anaware to me,no emails,or letter. was send,I am displease for a first time customer, terrible,then she said out of stock.nasty.dor"
"Their website was faulty it wouldn’t let me add the item to the bag. So I called them & placed my order over the phone. Since it was my first online purchase, I was entitled to 15% discount and also free shipping since my item was over $89. But the associate told me the system won’t let her do both so she only did the discount with shipping charge in one transaction and promised to do the shipping refund on another. I received only the order confirmation email but not the refund one. I called to check & was told it will take few days. Next day I found and email from them saying “your order was cancelled!” When I called I was told item was out of stock! This has never happened before. How come when it was in stock when I made the order & paid for it & got the confirmation already!! I asked to speak with a manager but after ten minute wait, was told they were all busy! Very frustrating & disappointing experience. I will NEVER shop with them again. EVER!"
"System said item was in stock, and they abruptly cancelled because that wasn't true. Very poor website, and it evidently doesn't contain real time information. Shipping divided by two items was acceptable - for one item, not so much. Won't shop here again."
"My first purchase at Steinmart was the worst!! Found damask sheets to match my bedroom!! They matched perfectly!! Received them approximately a week later. Washed them in cold water!! Was putting the sheets on the bed and one seam was completely frayed!! I called them, I didn’t not want to send them back, too much of a hassle!! They had to send the complaint for review to another level!! These are $25 sheets, not $1000 item!! Ridiculous!! I asked for a discount and I would sew them by my seamstress! I literally looked everywhere for this pattern and I cannot find!! Just received a phone call from THIS UPPER LEVEL, I have to return the item, no discount!! Needless to say, I will NEVER shop at Steinmart again!! Terrible, just give me 20% off or something, no!! Terrible customer service"
"I had the great pleasure to meet Deanti Evans at Stein Mart, 5250 I 55 North, Jackson MS 39211, I went shopping with my 19 year old nephew. Years ago I did own a high end clothing and shoe store in Switzerland, so I am very familiar what is a good customer service. Mr. Evans service was outstanding, his knowlege of materials and all the cloth impressive. My nephew never owned a pair of Jeans in his life almost not to belief in the US, because he could neve find a pair which would fit him. Thanks to the smartness of Mr. Evans my Nephew went home with two pairs, fitting perfectly. And because of this outstanding service I spend more than $ 1000.00. Mr. Evans becomes a rarity in this domaine. young poeple should be praised when thei do such a great job."
"I spent 1 month, and 2hrs and 9 minutes trying to get a refund of $7.50 that I am owed for return shipping of an item shipped to me incorrectly. I still have no satisfaction. If you shop at steinmart.com, you have the worst taste in retailers imaginable. I will NEVER darken their retail door or their online shop. There is NOTHING that they have that you can't find elsewhere. Shop there and be an idiot if you choose!"
"I have ordered on line several times and have never been disappointed."
"I ordered and paid for 6 blouses, but they shipped only 5! They only offered store credit for the one they didn't ship, and said I would have to re-order it, but I bought it at a discounted price, during a "buy one, get one at 50% off" deal. So to repurchase the same blouse, the current price was double! They would not ship me the missing blouse, and now I had to pay double to get the blouse that they did not send me! And they have given me a store credit for half of the current price of the blouse, so if I want to re-order it, I have to pay full price. Strange that I am penalized for a mistake made at their end! And I'm stuck with a store credit of half a blouse, which means if I want to use it, I have to spend more money with them!! Awful service, awful policies! I will never use them again, and I'm disappointed, because I was a fairly regular customer and have bought a lot from them, but they don't treat you like a trusted and valued customer. Not only will I never use them, I will also let everyone I know not to trust them!"
"I recently ordered a 48 piece dinnerware set from steinmart.com to be delivered to my home. I was not sent my dinnerware set; I was not sent anything at all. The cardboard box that was delivered to my house was empty. Completely empty. Someone actually taped up a box with absolutely nothing in it, slapped a label on it, and shipped it to me. I don't know whether I'm more angry or confused..."
"Walked up to check out, no line, 2 associates at checkout were having a personal conversation. I hesitated to walk up because I wasn't sure the lane was open. Even though they saw me, they did not say anything. I finally just walked up and put my item on the counter, she rang me up and continued to have the conversation, with the male associate. All she did was tell me the total, I inserted my card,receipt printed,she tore it off and said there you go. No one ever speaks to me when I am in there. Its kind of weird especially in this competitive retail environment. What happened to at least a hi or hello when you walk up to pay, eye contact, maybe a smile, and a Thank You I think would be a given. Decided I will not shop here any longer."
"Good value, many options!!"
"item received in a million pieces- requested either a new item or money back. NOTHING!!! Corporate is still reviewing for over 45 days!!! BS! You have my money- you shipped me an item that was in a million pieces- and I have to wait for someone in the corporate office to tell me whether or not I get a new one! No wonder your stuff is cheap"
"Used to love shopping here but they have really started buying for the 60 and over crowd. They must have changed buyers or something because the clothing for woman is fugly and for old ladies. There is no juniors dept and petites is full of old lady brands! No wonder their stock is orth less than a dollar a share. Good luck Steinmart"
"I ordered a blouse and earrings a 2 weeks before thanksgiving on line. I never got them, they said that according to the mail information they had I got them the day after thanksgiving. They gave me a tracking number to claim my package at USPS. I did go multiple times, wait in line for long time because of the holidays approaching ( waste of time) they said that they did not have the package and the tracking number I had was not from and the package was transfer to UPS so they told me to claim it at UPS. I went to UPS and they said not to have it. So I was very disappointed because no one had the package. Called Stein Mart and did not want to deal with the issue, not refund, store credit nothing to compensate the disappointment. They said to file a claim to the postal office, I tried but the package had no insurance, I couldn't do anything. I lost my money, time and credibility to Stein Mart online. I WILL NEVER GET ANYTHING FROM THEM."
Stein Mart is rated 2.14 based on 22 reviews