Stein Mart Reviews

33% of reviewers recommend Stein Mart
Telephone

How would you rate Stein Mart ?

"I ordered and paid for 6 blouses, but they shipped only 5! They only offered store credit for the one they didn't ship, and said I would have to re-order it, but I bought it at a discounted price, during a "buy one, get one at 50% off" deal. So to repurchase the same blouse, the current price was double! They would not ship me the missing blouse, and now I had to pay double to get the blouse that they did not send me! And they have given me a store credit for half of the current price of the blouse, so if I want to re-order it, I have to pay full price. Strange that I am penalized for a mistake made at their end! And I'm stuck with a store credit of half a blouse, which means if I want to use it, I have to spend more money with them!! Awful service, awful policies! I will never use them again, and I'm disappointed, because I was a fairly regular customer and have bought a lot from them, but they don't treat you like a trusted and valued customer. Not only will I never use them, I will also let everyone I know not to trust them!"
"I recently ordered a 48 piece dinnerware set from steinmart.com to be delivered to my home. I was not sent my dinnerware set; I was not sent anything at all. The cardboard box that was delivered to my house was empty. Completely empty. Someone actually taped up a box with absolutely nothing in it, slapped a label on it, and shipped it to me. I don't know whether I'm more angry or confused..."
Angela Powell
Unverified Reviewer
"Walked up to check out, no line, 2 associates at checkout were having a personal conversation. I hesitated to walk up because I wasn't sure the lane was open. Even though they saw me, they did not say anything. I finally just walked up and put my item on the counter, she rang me up and continued to have the conversation, with the male associate. All she did was tell me the total, I inserted my card,receipt printed,she tore it off and said there you go. No one ever speaks to me when I am in there. Its kind of weird especially in this competitive retail environment. What happened to at least a hi or hello when you walk up to pay, eye contact, maybe a smile, and a Thank You I think would be a given. Decided I will not shop here any longer."
Kelly Essam
"Good value, many options!!"
"item received in a million pieces- requested either a new item or money back. NOTHING!!! Corporate is still reviewing for over 45 days!!! BS! You have my money- you shipped me an item that was in a million pieces- and I have to wait for someone in the corporate office to tell me whether or not I get a new one! No wonder your stuff is cheap"
"Used to love shopping here but they have really started buying for the 60 and over crowd. They must have changed buyers or something because the clothing for woman is fugly and for old ladies. There is no juniors dept and petites is full of old lady brands! No wonder their stock is orth less than a dollar a share. Good luck Steinmart"
UNHAPPY CUSTOMER
Verified Reviewer
"I ordered a blouse and earrings a 2 weeks before thanksgiving on line. I never got them, they said that according to the mail information they had I got them the day after thanksgiving. They gave me a tracking number to claim my package at USPS. I did go multiple times, wait in line for long time because of the holidays approaching ( waste of time) they said that they did not have the package and the tracking number I had was not from and the package was transfer to UPS so they told me to claim it at UPS. I went to UPS and they said not to have it. So I was very disappointed because no one had the package. Called Stein Mart and did not want to deal with the issue, not refund, store credit nothing to compensate the disappointment. They said to file a claim to the postal office, I tried but the package had no insurance, I couldn't do anything. I lost my money, time and credibility to Stein Mart online. I WILL NEVER GET ANYTHING FROM THEM."
DONNA GREGORY
"customer Service is great at this store! friendly, helpful. Love the quality of products and clothing and great prices! My favorite store for sure."
ELLEN Bliesath
"great selection colors sizes and prices....prompt mailing"
Stein Mart is rated 2.44 based on 9 reviews