Swinton Reviews

62% of reviewers recommend Swinton

Popular Questions:

How can I contact Swinton?

Tell us how Swinton made you happy

Telephone
"Zero tel answer service"
Are you Swinton? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Excellent service through out"
"Excellent service at the cheapest price . Highly recommended"
"I would just like to give a 'Michael Astley' a mention. He dealt with my query with professionalism and was friendly at the same time! Thank you Michael!"
"diabolical ….rude unhelpful.accepted me and took my money on line then told me they cant provide the company car scheme cover ..ok..but then charged me 25 admin absolutely disguisted with your customer service ..would advise family and friends ever to use you..when I asked for a manager and name of advisor he put the phone down"
"How pathetic are Swinton Insurers. My car as been off the road a few weeks and it’s not worth me repairing so I've had to let it go for spares. I informed Swinton and explain it may be a couple of weeks before I acquiring another vehicle (to find the right one). They have now cancelled my insurance and charged me £50 for the privilege. How stupid is this, they can’t wait a couple weeks or put my insurance on hold until I get a car. My phone records everything so it was quite nice to listen back and hear again how they aren’t a charity. Great customer service I've not cancelled my insurance; Swinton have. They say this is because “they can’t assist me”. But they are still charging me £50 because “they can’t assist me”. I would not recommend Swinton to anybody and especially when they tell you “we are not here doing any charity” exact words. I guess it shows how dreadful Swanton really are when they have to disabled their review section on other websites, what are they hiding. Kind regards Chris"
"Wanted to buy home insurance on website, but as property was a new build it would not accept address and postcode!!!!!!!"
"Prices doubled and no one answers the phone. Takes at least 40 minutes to get through by phone."
"Very helpful and understand what you want very hood"
"After applying for a small claim of water damage to our conservatory because of a leak from our overflow, we were then told it's £500 excess just for someone to assess the damage, in my mind this is absolutely disgusting!! The damage is not even that much! Why pay a monthly premium, only for them to make it impossible to even put in a small claim! Rip off merchants, cancelled insurance immediately!!"
"The insurances should be slightly cheaper after 25 years old but they still ain't"
(Motorbike Insurance) - Posted 9 months ago
"Sent documents multiple times. Don't call when promised they will and generally hard to do business with."
"My car insurance has risen by nearly £200 from last year! They claim ther must have been a rise in thefts of my type of vehicle! So car thieves have suddenly started stealing Ford Mondeo's? I managed to insure my car with Hastings for half of Swinton's cheapest quote. Thanks for nothing Swinton!"
"Quick trouble free service so far."
(Motorbike Insurance) - Posted 10 months ago
"They should change their name to Swindlers as it would be an accurate description of them. If you don't want to be ripped off steer clear of this bunch."
"Terrible terrible customer service centre attitude, threatening letters and emails sent but unable to make personal contact. When my patience wore thin and I informed the operator that I have recorded the details of my calls his attitude was turned up to 11 and he was almost in tears of rage! Can't give no stars, steer clear."
"Helpful and easy to deal with. good value and I am almost certain that I will renew with them and possibly add a second bike which I am thinking of purchasing. I am happy to recommend this concern to others."
(Motorbike Insurance) - Posted 10 months ago
"Only bike insurance company worth the money"
(Motorbike Insurance) - Posted 1 year ago
"They are bunch of cnuts. You really have to read all the small print before you sign any contract with these barstewards."
(Motorbike Insurance) - Posted 1 year ago
"Ageas and Swinton completely let us down. After a claim they gave us no hire car and it took 6 days to write the car off so we were left 6 days without a car and that delayed my wife driving again which knocked her confidence after the accident. Ageas also didn't pass my complaint into Swinton saying we would never use them again resulting in us having to pay the more on the policy after the claim. Every time I complained they never took me seriously and they never did anything to repair the dissatisfaction we received from their poor service. Every time they just fobbed us off with the financial Ombudsman which we will look into. Swinton were the insurers and Ageas dealt with the claim and they just blamed each other but did nothing about it. I would never ever use these again and it's obvious to me they don't care about being decent as long as they are making easy money from their customers."
Swinton is rated 3.65 based on 302 reviews