Swinton Reviews

of reviewers recommend Swinton

Tell us how Swinton made you happy
Extremely poorly run and a terrible service. After being threatened with Debt Collectors, I have been told to pay £158. I never took out the insurance policy and they don’t even have my address, phone number or email until now. I may as well just throw my empty wallet down the drain.
This company is a disgrace. They took my money then informed me that LV were questioning two incidents. They gave me 4 days to provide written evidence that no claims were made; hence I paid another £42 to cover the time I needed to obtain the information only to receive another email after the phone call to tell me they were giving me another 10 days (by this time they had taken the money). I obtained and sent them the evidence confirming no claims were made (information only) the next day. Today I receive a letter telling me that LV intends to cancel the policy. I am assuming they have not passed on the evidence. I have spent hours on the phone just trying to get an agent. I intend to report them to the Financial Ombudsman. Interestingly all local offices are permanently closed.
STAY CLEAR OF THIS COMPANY MY SON BOUGHT A VAN POLICY ON LINE AND THEY CHANGE ONE OF THE COVER DETAILS AND CHARGED HIM £25 con merchants.💩💩
Just noticed a payment going out of my bank account to Swinton. Rang up, said I'd taken up an offer of 3 months free serious accident insurance...and never cancelled after the 3 months....they have taken over £600 form me in 6 years that I hadn't realised they were taking. I knew nothing of the policy...now, they say I'm not entitled to it back. They are con artists and have swindled me...think twice before using this company!!! Taking it further tho, they haven't heard the last of this!
been with them years, go to cancel 25 pound charge and never claimed in all the years I have been with them seems like covid has made company's greedy and want every bit of flesh well we will all remember when things settle down and you want are business well jog on..
Avoid like the plague!!!
Avoid like the plague!!!! Cancelled my policy even though I sent them my details as requested!!! Called up on the day to see if I could sort it out. Apparently not but a £50 cancellation charge (even though I didn't cancel or want to cancel the policy) and happy to set up a new policy and charge me another £150 for one months insurance. Company is a joke and just blamed everyhting on the underwritter. DO NOT USE
Be very careful if you cancel a policy with Swinton, I cancelled mine after just 6 days and was aware of the £30 cancellation that I was informed about on the phone, but not the £112.40 that they also added as I did not keep the policy for a year. Appalling!
Brilliant service quick easy best price thanks alot :)
it was an excellent experience very good prices and very affordable and was easy to to do
Very helpful on the phone
its a very good company with very reasonable price and good customer service
Had a good deal with their car insurance.
My car KS66WYW
I have received a letter from strata solicitors.third party vehicle.BV19XOG.

They said they have been contacting pukka for ever and company is not paying them cost of repair and damage.They asked ME to contact Swinton/Pukka to ask them to pay the third party.
It is not My job to chase Swinton/Pukka for third party claims.and they said they will take me and Pukka/Swinton to court within 2 weeks.
Hi Swinton Nd Pukka....are you getting that.Stop ignoring them as they will file a claim in the court...
Went to cancel my policy as started my own business and the vehicle is now insured with the business (motor trader). Threatened me and told me they will inform the Police for me having no insurance and then charged me £76 cancellation fee saying that if I didn’t pay the “debt” I would be faced with a debt collection agency” !!!!!!!!! Awful service and proves cheap is definitely not the best. When challenged I was told “read the small print”.
Completely in helpful through Covid financial changes
Do not use this company, will hit you with additional costs, and use high pressure sales tactics to get you to go through with it.
A great pity all of you did not follow my advice and avoid them like the plague. Having been a manager of a REPUTABLE Insurance Broker I have never received such incompetent and legally questionable service. Why on earth would anybody need to deal with an Accident Management Company for a NON FAULT claim if you have Comprehensive Insurance? Remember Hertz are a car hire company as the OMBUDSMAN reminded me when I placed the matter of my claim in their hands. That is how they make their money he told me. O won't bore you with the details of my experience with them. Swinton were also incredibly in professional. The Ombudsman found against the lot of them! Remember best to deal with YOUR Insurance Company direct. A hire car is most likely to be available through them in lots of cases Best of course to avoid the lot of them
Good service.
Very easy to buy insurance for my car online . Excellent service
Great insurance provider