TobyDeals Reviews

of reviewers recommend TobyDeals

Tell us how TobyDeals made you happy
TobyDeals 1 star review on 2nd September 2020
Rodney Saverin
TobyDeals 1 star review on 27th August 2020
Sofia
TobyDeals 1 star review on 9th May 2020
Daniele
More Photos & Videos
BUYER BEWARE: I now think this company is fraudulent and are scamming genuine customers. Ordered a webcam for work. It arrived slightly late, damaged box, but the camera itself was working fine. I realised though instantly that the webcam was not the solution I needed, so contacted TobyDeals to return. When you buy goods online you have additional rights to return them.
This is because your decision may be based on a brief description or a photograph – so what you receive isn't always quite what you’d expected.
Under the Consumer Contracts Regulations, you are allowed to return an item if you simply change your mind.
I have told them three times and they are refusing to offer a refund. Instead they are blaming the courier company. I suspect the box was damaged in the warehouse and not in transit..but the damage is incidental. The webcam worked, but it wasn't what I required. Have since found out that Toby Deals use this "trick" a lot. Plan to raise a dispute through PayPal. Also plan to report to Trading Standards. Avoid like the plague
I have ordered a phone which is on the deal. It is said the tracking number will be updated in 72-84 hrs once it's dispatched from the warehouse.

Today being the 14th day there is no update regarding the tracking number. Upon sending multiple emails there is no response. After reading so many bad reviews I lost my trust in them.

Thank GOD the payment is done through PayPal, will launch a dispute, and get a refund.

I wish I can give a negative rating. (never felt this way before)
My son paid AU$550 for a new phone. After 3 weeks the status of the order did not change from processing. Constant emails sent with not reply, after 4 weeks we requested a refund. They actually replied to that email the same day and a refund was given. The phone we purchased was not even in stock! Absolutely terrible customer service, they should not be allowed to conduct business in Australia, STAY AWAY!
Tobydealsau have a great website and take your money easily. They have next to no customer service, they don’t reply to emails. They take Well over 2 weeks to get it on the way from there warehouse. Then over 2 weeks to get it to final destination. If you look at tobydealsau website I should have had my item within a week Then I get my item and it has an Arab power plug on it. No where did it state on the information of item that it will have an Arab power plug. Website is tobydealsau and theY only ship to Australia and New Zealand so why don’t there items have AU plugs?
I purchased a Huawei Watch GT2e Hector-B19S - Graphite Black from them, at $x+shipping, the product was faulty from receipt, the warranty was not covered by Huawei, so we had to send the product back (international courier plus insurance at $30+). They received the product, and after much backward and forward they returned the $X only, accepting it as faulty product, yet even though it never worked AND I was requested by them to ship it back via registered post they are not willing to refund the $30+.
Even the Huawei store was surprised at the situation!
Order and paid for a Nokia 7.2 phone. Paid extra for priority shipping with insurance. Was not dispatched. Started sending emails to support about my order. After 6 emails and 18 days after payment,they responded and said item was out of stock. All this time they were advertising item still for sale. They said they were getting new stock in 2 days. Found out after another 7days phone ordered still was not dispatched. Then requested Cancellation of Order and a full refund. After sending 4 emails during the week requesting Cancellation and Full Refund, never received a response. Had to lodge a complaint with PayPal and after another couple of days getting no response for them, I requested a PayPal Resolution. It took only 6hrs for PayPal to tell me I am getting my full refund. Case closed.
Maybe the times we live presently with COVID-19 causing disruption. Still they should respond to one's emails in a timely manner.
They deliveried the wrong product, a cheaper version of another brand. They made me jump through many hoops to prove that I received the wrong product, photographs of the serial number, the box, the product, bar codes etc. Then they agreed to refund but I had to post it back to Hong Kong, the incorrect product was worth $139, postage $130. They would not cover the postage even though it states on their own website that they will arrange pick up of incorrect products. What do you do? Write this review and warn other people.
If I could give zero stars I would. Never dealt with such unprofessionalism in my life.

I ordered a Dyson v11 which cost almost $900. Their website states items will be shipped with 48-72 business hours. So 1 weeks goes by and I decide to email them several times. Did they reply? Of course not. So 2 weeks go on and I am SO THANKFUL I paid with PayPal, cause I ended up opening a dispute with PayPal and it was funny how QUICKLY they responded to me then. They then emailed me to say “we’ve cancelled your order because you opened a dispute” as though they knew they were in the wrong. So I emailed back saying “so it’s been over 2 weeks and you’re telling me you haven’t even shipped it yet?” Along with a screen shot of their policy which says item will be shipped within 48-72 business hours. Surprise. No response again.

Also they are not AUSTRALIAN they are in China. I was deceived by the “tobydealsAU”
I would like to have put no stars at all.My experience is like everyone else. I too, worry that this company is a scam. I feel like reporting them to the Federal police to be investigated. I wish Ihad seen this site before I ordered. I still do not have my order.
This is one of the worst customer support service that I have ever met.
They simply don't care about giving you support. They ignore your emails and when they decide to reply, the reply is a generic one that is sent to everybody. They don't tackle your problem and they don't even care.
Deceitful company, calls itself toby deals Australia, not an Australian company and ships(I'm guessing fakes) from HK, doesn't reply to emails, have my bank reversing the transaction at present
The first thing you need to know is that Toby Deals use DPEX/TOLL as their courier service.

Having read the reviews about Tobydeals, specifically about the length of time for items to arrive, when we purchased the product we paid for "priority shipping and insurance". Tobydeals represent that priority shipping will take 3-5 days to delivery in Australia - which implies airfreight. Three weeks latter the package still hasn't arrived. I contacted the freight company - it was sent surface freight (i.e. by ship). It took one week to transit from Hong Kong to Australia.

The product still has not arrived. We have written to customer service at TobyDeals to inquire how to make an insurance claim - they have not replied (in 5 days).

The freight company yesterday emailed us to indicate that they do not know where the package is, and then called to ask if it has been delivered! (No it hasn't!)

From Tobydeals perspective, having represented the 3-5 day delivery timeline on their website, and then sending the package as surface freight is simply false advertising!
This company is either there to rip you off or bad communication no return emails !
Don’t buy from them !!!!
Ordered a camera and lens on the 1st. Paid extra for express shipping. Supposed to get a tracking number in 72 hours. A week went by and didn't get one so I emailed them. No response three days later so I put a claim in with PayPal, they had a phone number for Toby Deals AU there which I tried, it wasn't connected. I described what happened. Two days later PayPal refunded the two thousand something dollars.
Useless.
Purchased watch 2 weeks ago, still in processing stage despite paying an extra $30 to receive purchase in 3-6 days. No response to emails or support ticket
I bought a Samsung A71, no tracking number given, no response to emails asking for one, it was delivered finally but the glass in the phone has not been installed correctly, it sits up and is very sharp, I'm afraid it will brake very easily, I think this phone is a seconds or a repair and sold as new, as well the space button doesn't always work. Have put a complaint in with PayPal.
Won’t respond to emails. Package not arrived over two weeks since order. Raised PayPal dispute. I’m afraid this is a scam. Why does PayPal still do business with them???
Just don't bother Waisting your time.. I'm still waiting for thousands of dollars worth of refunds on products never sent.. If this sounds good to you then order away
bought a samsung s10 lite about 1 month a a half ago. box arrive no plastic wrap, dirty, and seal is broken. check the the samsung warranty web site and it only show 8 months of warranty left. so obviously phone is second hand. contact them and no resolution so far. avoid it guy
I purchased a camera lens off them, it was listed as in stock, after 10 days of emailing their support I received an email that they don't have stock and will be getting stock in 2 weeks. So I decided to check the website, it is still listed as in stock... Managed to get a refund through PayPal dispute. Stay Away.
TobyDeals is rated 1.75 based on 303 reviews