TobyDeals Reviews

24% of reviewers recommend TobyDeals

Tell us how TobyDeals made you happy

Over 7 Days
Email, Live Chat
Over a week
Returns & Refunds
Difficult
refunds process
Could Be Better
returns process
"I brought a DJI ronin S and it never ever arrived. The company took the money and have not replied to emails I have sent to them, basically just ignoring me. Luckily Natwest looked into this and told me the site is well known for there scams. Luckily mr order was on credit card so I did receive a refund, eventually. Buyers beware."
Are you TobyDeals? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"I ordered a phone on 22nd January and then saw all these reviews and found out my wife also used them last year when her phone never arrived. She did get a paypal refund. However, I have my order now but it was a bit dicey. After an initial 'processing your order' email I heard nothing for 8 days. I then politely emailed on the 30th January to check up on the order. 2 days later (1st Feb) I received an email with apology, the order was delayed and will be dispatched withing 3 working days. An email then comes 3 days after that (4th Feb) saying it is ready to leave the warehouse and that I would get another email when it has been dispatched with a tracking number. 2 days after that (6th Feb) an email comes saying it has been picked up by the courier but no tracking details were given by the courier at this point. I emailed 6 days later (12th Feb) politely asking what the situation was as I had not heard anything nor got any tracking. On 13th Feb I received an email saying that my order had again been dispatched and this time had a tracking number with it. The tracking number was with Yodel and status was 'your parcel will be with us soon'. The parcel history in Yodel tracking said that this update was on 8th Feb but I only got the tracking number on the 13th. It was fully trackable from this point but no change to status until 16th Feb. Parcel arrived to me today (18th Feb). 4 stars because the phone is still a really good phone and nearly half the price if bought from the UK. The faffing about and time taken for this ordeal to be over was nearly 4 weeks so Toby deals loses a star. I don't know if I was lucky to get delivery but I was somehow quite confident I would get it eventually. Use them at your own risk? I was patient."
"I ordered a phone just after Christmas. Something that was to take 7 days never arrived. I waited for a while month and then got to the point of asking for a refund. Their correspondence was terrible and it's not been over 2 weeks and I am still waiting for my money to go into my account. I have contacted them multiple times and have not heard back for over 10 days."
"I placed two orders on Toby Deals. The only problem with the first order has been the time it took to arrive (20 days). The second order has been a nightmare. It was placed on 8th Jan 2019 and I received the confirmation email on the same day. Then, I did not heard anything from Toby Deals for 19 days: on 27th Jan I decided to contact them asking for updates. They explained me that the product was sold out (no mention on the website when the order was placed) and a new stock was expected on 31st Jan. After that, no further news again. After having requested for updates several times, on 11th Feb (AFTER 34 DAYS) I decided to ask for the deletion and refund of the order. Magically the day after my order was ready to be shipped but then wa not required anymore! Thank you Toby Deals for wasting several hours of my time!"
"no, no, no. did i mention no? scam artists, apparently there was an issue with the courier, i was asked to wait 5 working days, that was over 2 weeks ago, they no longer responding to my emails"
"Ordered my item on 29th Dec, said delivered on 17th - But it was delivered to the wrong address. After sending over 20 emails to Tobydeals and receiving only 3 in return I began to feel very worried about the state of this order. Eventually the item was delivered by the person who received it incorrectly. No help from Tobydeals at all. worst customer service going. Avoid avoid avoid, unless you like dealing with robots"
"Not trustworthy.. Not got the stock. Not UK based. Lied about dispatch... Don't touch them!"
"I purchased a pair of Sony WH-1000XM3 Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones for £245.98 on 30th January 2019. The order was supposed to be delivered within 72 hours but it didn't arrive. until 7th February 2019. On their website there is no contact number for customer service so I had to leave messages on "send a message" option in 3 occasions which all went without any reply or acknowledgment. Toby Deals ARE NOT BASED IN THE UK despite their domain name ending in .co.uk!!! I had to report it to Action Fraud in the UK and open a case in PayPal hoping to recover my money. THIS IS A FRAUDULENT WEBSITE."
"They should get NO F'ING stars at all...minus if anything!!! The worst service I have EVER had in every single way. Purchased a lens in December 2018 and still no sign of it, no tracking information yet to show up, and their customer services are f'ing AWFUL!!! They have tried to fob me off with an email with NIL information, no tracking info or any assurances that I'll get my lens! My fault really, thinking I was going to get a bargain but now they have my money and still have my lens!!! If I ever decide to get on a plane to Hong Kong I will be giving them a visit if I can find their HQ. Let's see how they deal with me face to face...bunch of p*ss taking f*cktards!!!"
"Appalling company, Bagging a UK address, but in Hong Hongkong. I have attempted to cancel my order several times within the 14 day window as they reported a camera was in stock. The completely ignore all correspondence and I have reported them to Natwest Fraud, who are investigating them as they refuse to pay back my money, even though it says on their website T&C you can cancel the order."
"Complete scam. Ordered a Huawei Honor 8X and it came but was for the wrong country, so didn't work except on wifi. They demanded I pay return shipping plus an admin fee for them to even consider refunding or replacing, even though it was their fault. Already lodged a complaint through PayPal. Hopefully they can get my money back. I'd be happy to return the phone with an RMA shipping label. It's worthless here."
"#DateParcel Status Took a month to refund 252019-02-02We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible. 242019-02-01We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible. 232019-01-31We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible. 222019-01-30We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible. 212019-01-29We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible. 202019-01-28We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible. 192019-01-27We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible. 182019-01-26We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible. 172019-01-25We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible. 162019-01-24We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible. 152019-01-23We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible. 142019-01-22We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible. 132019-01-21We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible. 122019-01-20We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible. 112019-01-19We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible. 102019-01-18Due to unforseen circumstances there is a delay in your shipment. We will update here once we have news. 92019-01-17Processing delay, your parcel will be out for delivery shortly. 82019-01-16Shipment further connected. 72019-01-15Your parcel will arrive shortly at the courier depot. 62019-01-14Shipment is on its way to the local depot. 52019-01-13Your parcel has arrived at a sort facility. 42019-01-12Shipment will arrive at courier depot for sorting shortly. 32019-01-11Shipment is en-route to courier depot. 22019-01-10In transit. 12019-01-09The parcel has been picked by the courier; The parcel has left the courier's warehouse."
"I bought a Nikon camera from Tobydeals last Saturday 26th January 2019. It arrived Thursday 31st January 2019. By anyone’s reckoning, that’s amazing service. It would have actually arrived on Wednesday had the courier not cocked up the delivery. I have read a lot of reviews on Tobydeals, and of course everyone can’t be wrong, but I found this purchase amazing. Add to this the fact that I paid £120 less that the High Street, and i’m over the moon with this transaction.. Tobydeals have taken a lot of stick with reviews, but here is one very satisfied customer.."
"Same story problem at customs have contacted Yodel the shippers myself by chat line but they are very guarded and cut me off think this is a roque company don't know where to go to solve and very upset"
"0 stars. Ordered a camera and memory card 11 days ago. No sign of it and just keep gettinf automated emails back. Awful company pretending to be from the UK. Awful customer service. AVOID AVOID AVOID. Now going down the consumer rights and bank company for money back."
"Terrible services. My order never arrive and I end up have to cancel it."
"I placed a order for a huawei mate 20 twice! The first time after a week that my was still "being processed" I cancelled my order and reordered it a few days later, this time after a week of wait emailed them for an update and I was told they don't have the item in stock and they'll recieve and dispatch it within a week so I waited another TWO WEEKS!! So instead of the "3-8 working days" which says on their website waited 24 DAYS!! Yes that's right 24DAYS and nothing dispatched. Wasted more than a month of my time with this website. Firstly, if they are telling the truth why are they selling an item which they don't have in stock and on their website stating "in stock". Secondly, I was lied to for weeks and kept me waiting for weeks for no reason. If from the begining I was told this might take this long I would cancel it straight away but instead I was told a bunch of lies there for this is a scam."
"Please don't not buy from these people they are total scammers look at the proof these below purchased 8th Jan are of the 29th the item is allegedly stuck in customs. Its not the tracking number is generated by themselves its not a courier number untraceable. > Delivery Status Delivery Status updated by every 24 hours Please note that this is the TobyDeals ’s tracking page. Once your parcel has arrived at the local courier the link to their tracking page will be shown here. #DateParcel Status 212019-01-29We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible. 202019-01-28We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible. 192019-01-27We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible. 182019-01-26We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible. 172019-01-25We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible. 162019-01-24We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible. 152019-01-23We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible. 142019-01-22We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible. 132019-01-21We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible. 122019-01-20We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible. 112019-01-19We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible. 102019-01-18Due to unforseen circumstances there is a delay in your shipment. We will update here once we have news. 92019-01-17Processing delay, your parcel will be out for delivery shortly. 82019-01-16Shipment further connected. 72019-01-15Your parcel will arrive shortly at the courier depot. 62019-01-14Shipment is on its way to the local depot. 52019-01-13Your parcel has arrived at a sort facility. 42019-01-12Shipment will arrive at courier depot for sorting shortly. 32019-01-11Shipment is en-route to courier depot. 22019-01-10In transit. 12019-01-09The parcel has been picked by the courier; The parcel has left the courier's warehouse."
"The bad reviews tell the story, they vastly outweigh the good reviews, I had up until now had a good experience with a previous purchase but am now in dispute with them via PayPal as my purchase made it to the UK and arrived at the local YODEL depot but after 2 days it was still not out for delivery so I contacted YODEL (webchat only)….they themselves are another story, anyway I digress having asked YODEL to update me on delivery I checked the tracking again later that day and it now showed the item as being returned to the sender and to contact them (TobyDeals). They confirmed the item was being returned to them but they didn't know why but it could take 4 weeks before they received it back and then they would advise. Having asked for a refund twice now the reply is the same they haven't received the parcel. So there you have it spin the wheel and take your chance you may be lucky and recieve a great deal but it seems the chances are you will wish you'd paid a bit more. Will update if I get my money back for the goods that were never delivered."
"Ordered smart watch from Toby site, got confirmation of Despatch then from there the tracking system tells me loads of rubbish ie. "Processing delay, your parcel will be out for delivery shortly." "Due to unforseen circumstances there is a delay in your shipment. We will update here once we have news" for the last 6 days have got.... "We apologise for the delay, we are following up your order to get it delivered to you as soon as possible". I am now on day 16 and doubt the watch will turn up. Customer support are awful! blaming courier customs problems etc etc. The only positive is that I maybe able to get money back from credit card company after 30 days. They are absolutely in the bottom supplier league and I wish I had read these reviews before making a foolish error. Should have just got it from Amazon or Ebay - what an idiot!"
TobyDeals is rated 1.98 based on 122 reviews