TobyDeals Reviews

of reviewers recommend TobyDeals

Tell us how TobyDeals made you happy
Toby Deals sent me a fake pair of Samsung earbuds, which should have been obvious from the low price ($169 vs $299 RRP). On arrival one ear bud didn't work, I troubleshooted them with Samsung store technician who confirmed they were fake and not working. I contacted Toby Deals and organised to have them pick them up and returned. They then said they 'inspected' the item and found it working, contradicting the authorised Samsung technician. I have now been trying to organise a refund for months, sent evidence from the Samsung store and even returned with the 2 week free window and have had no luck. Most recently after 3 months found a scratch which they are trying to say existed even though it was sent back in new condition. DO NOT BUY FROM TOBY DEALS
I ordered a Samsung A51 in May. After months of chasing I still do not have my item. Its been 'lost in transit' and I will be receiving no refund. Difficult to deal with during communications. Waste of $433.
Very pleased with my new realme 6 pro. The delivery took about two and half weeks but judging by the tracking number most of the time was spent leaving Hong Kong's hub which is expected as it is international. Thankyou Toby deals au in very pleased with my purchase.
11 days since order placed still hasn't been shipped. Customer service non-existent. 6 messages sent received 1 response saying sorry we are delayed. no additional information. not worth the marginally lower price. buy elsewhere
I have ordered 2 good phones from TobyDeals in the past year and they both arrived absolutely new and fine and still working.
God is good.
Thank you TobyDeals. I am going to order again from you.
I have ordered a phone from 14.09.2020,today is 14.10.2020 and still i dont have nothing...I sent a lot of emails about this situation and their answer is 'investigation' .. NOTHING MORE..I am very disappointed with them, do not buy anything from here.I asked Refund and nothing ... I will go to the police!it is a scam!
by Sheridan on 13 Oct 2020

Do not buy from Tobydeals. Their 14 day returns policy is void if you open the packaging. They will not take it back. They also forgot to send my order and I needed to prompt them 3 weeks after I made the purchase and processed my payment. They also ignore emails i wouldnt trust them if product was faulty
by Sheridan on 13 Oct 2020

Do not buy from Tobydeals. Their 14 day returns policy is void if you open the packaging. They will not take it back. They also forgot to send my order and I needed to prompt them 3 weeks after I made the purchase and processed my payment. They will ignore emails and i wouldnt trust them if the product was faulty
Paid for express shipping 3-5 days. 4 days later they haven't even sent it. They don't reply to enquiries. They seem to be a scam site - lucky I paid with paypal.
Total scam! Did not deliver did not refund. Avoid at all costs
This is a review from my own personal first time shopping experience with Tobydeals.
I was not paid to type this and was my own free will. The goal here is to help potential shoppers make informed decisions on this website from reading my review and others
__________________
Quick summary
Would I buy from them again? Yes (if there is no other cheaper option by a long shot)
Advice: your order will come eventually; the website status is always wrong, and they DO NOT communicate so don’t bother
Paypal is your saving grace
__________________

Full Review:
Phone Ordered 16.9.2020 @ 10am
This website as you have gathered is from Hong Kong, there is also tobydeals Uk .

All items are shipped from HK. My one was with Toll (cheapest shipping option and no insurance)
Purchased a phone from their website, Order was stuck in processing for over 1 week sent 4 emails and finally got a generic reply. Things started to move. Received phone in 9 Days from payment
I am guessing they only ship from HK – AU 2 times a month to save costs
Phone received was very well packaged and was legitimate and woks as intended

16.9 – Payment processed on Australia website but receipt shows UK
TOBYDEALSUK , payment_uk tobydeals.com, +852 81912119
Order stuck in processing until 22.9 6 Days
22.9 - Kowloon Hong Kong toll tracking number
25.9- Phone arrived 10am Sydney

Phone was well wrapped and brand new, Works fine and is global version
No clue how warranty would work, Credit card insurance or Paypal I Guess
Again this is my experience and there is many other but please ignore those generic 5 star reviews.
Hoped this helped sorry it was so long
BUYER BEWARE: I now think this company is fraudulent and are scamming genuine customers. Ordered a webcam for work. It arrived slightly late, damaged box, but the camera itself was working fine. I realised though instantly that the webcam was not the solution I needed, so contacted TobyDeals to return. When you buy goods online you have additional rights to return them.
This is because your decision may be based on a brief description or a photograph – so what you receive isn't always quite what you’d expected.
Under the Consumer Contracts Regulations, you are allowed to return an item if you simply change your mind.
I have told them three times and they are refusing to offer a refund. Instead they are blaming the courier company. I suspect the box was damaged in the warehouse and not in transit..but the damage is incidental. The webcam worked, but it wasn't what I required. Have since found out that Toby Deals use this "trick" a lot. Plan to raise a dispute through PayPal. Also plan to report to Trading Standards. Avoid like the plague
I have ordered a phone which is on the deal. It is said the tracking number will be updated in 72-84 hrs once it's dispatched from the warehouse.

Today being the 14th day there is no update regarding the tracking number. Upon sending multiple emails there is no response. After reading so many bad reviews I lost my trust in them.

Thank GOD the payment is done through PayPal, will launch a dispute, and get a refund.

I wish I can give a negative rating. (never felt this way before)
My son paid AU$550 for a new phone. After 3 weeks the status of the order did not change from processing. Constant emails sent with not reply, after 4 weeks we requested a refund. They actually replied to that email the same day and a refund was given. The phone we purchased was not even in stock! Absolutely terrible customer service, they should not be allowed to conduct business in Australia, STAY AWAY!
Tobydealsau have a great website and take your money easily. They have next to no customer service, they don’t reply to emails. They take Well over 2 weeks to get it on the way from there warehouse. Then over 2 weeks to get it to final destination. If you look at tobydealsau website I should have had my item within a week Then I get my item and it has an Arab power plug on it. No where did it state on the information of item that it will have an Arab power plug. Website is tobydealsau and theY only ship to Australia and New Zealand so why don’t there items have AU plugs?
I am writing a review cause I felt I had taken a gamble when ordering with Tobydeals according to all the bad reviews I had read. Well, my experience was absolutely smooth. I am very happy, got a great brand new phone 25% cheaper than Ebay. a Huawey 30P lite. I ordered, got a confirmation email. A few days later got an email with tracking number at the bottom -it took me a few days to realise the tracking number was in that email... I did not like many people, stressed out and tried to contact them cause I did not get an email fast enough, seems like on most reviews people are very impatient. It took all together 10 days between ordering and delivery of a brand new phone in sealed packaging in a regional area. From Hong Kong I'd say it is pretty good. I will definitively order again from Tobydeals and already told my friends about it. Highly recommend.
I purchased a Huawei Watch GT2e Hector-B19S - Graphite Black from them, at $x+shipping, the product was faulty from receipt, the warranty was not covered by Huawei, so we had to send the product back (international courier plus insurance at $30+). They received the product, and after much backward and forward they returned the $X only, accepting it as faulty product, yet even though it never worked AND I was requested by them to ship it back via registered post they are not willing to refund the $30+.
Even the Huawei store was surprised at the situation!
Order and paid for a Nokia 7.2 phone. Paid extra for priority shipping with insurance. Was not dispatched. Started sending emails to support about my order. After 6 emails and 18 days after payment,they responded and said item was out of stock. All this time they were advertising item still for sale. They said they were getting new stock in 2 days. Found out after another 7days phone ordered still was not dispatched. Then requested Cancellation of Order and a full refund. After sending 4 emails during the week requesting Cancellation and Full Refund, never received a response. Had to lodge a complaint with PayPal and after another couple of days getting no response for them, I requested a PayPal Resolution. It took only 6hrs for PayPal to tell me I am getting my full refund. Case closed.
Maybe the times we live presently with COVID-19 causing disruption. Still they should respond to one's emails in a timely manner.
They deliveried the wrong product, a cheaper version of another brand. They made me jump through many hoops to prove that I received the wrong product, photographs of the serial number, the box, the product, bar codes etc. Then they agreed to refund but I had to post it back to Hong Kong, the incorrect product was worth $139, postage $130. They would not cover the postage even though it states on their own website that they will arrange pick up of incorrect products. What do you do? Write this review and warn other people.
If I could give zero stars I would. Never dealt with such unprofessionalism in my life.

I ordered a Dyson v11 which cost almost $900. Their website states items will be shipped with 48-72 business hours. So 1 weeks goes by and I decide to email them several times. Did they reply? Of course not. So 2 weeks go on and I am SO THANKFUL I paid with PayPal, cause I ended up opening a dispute with PayPal and it was funny how QUICKLY they responded to me then. They then emailed me to say “we’ve cancelled your order because you opened a dispute” as though they knew they were in the wrong. So I emailed back saying “so it’s been over 2 weeks and you’re telling me you haven’t even shipped it yet?” Along with a screen shot of their policy which says item will be shipped within 48-72 business hours. Surprise. No response again.

Also they are not AUSTRALIAN they are in China. I was deceived by the “tobydealsAU”
TobyDeals is rated 1.74 based on 313 reviews