VaxUK Reviews

of reviewers recommend VaxUK

Tell us how VaxUK made you happy
Sad to write a review about the Vax steam fresh plus s84-w7-p steam mop I upgraded from the vax steam fresh combi after having it for less than 24 hours bought from Curry’s. Both machine are useless the first machine doesn’t steam the floor it soaks the floor, you might as well use a mop n bucket. The second machine comes with only two tools nd the detachable hand held unit is very heavy and bulky to hold, difficult to change tools over for different use, no attachment for window or blinds you have to buy as extra I wouldn’t buy again or recommend to anyone as it would be a serious waste of money to purchase this item. It claims to come with a wall bracket but it is only a support bracket that you can rest the steamer in as it doesn’t grasp the machine at all. Also the steamer falls over it has no locking mechanism to make it stand up on its own so all you can do is prop it up against something or lay it on the floor very poorly made for a hundred pound seriously save your money and invest in something less frustrating than a vax steam fresh plus
Absolutely appalling customer service.
I placed an order but on discovering the delivery was going to be a week (something that was not made clear on purchase!!!) I tried to immediately cancel unfortunately after spending 10 minutes going round their website in circles I finally found a number on PayPal instead.
I spent 15 minutes on hold. I eventually spoke to a lady who called herself Lauren who said she would cancel the purchase and email me confirmation that this had taken place. As you can guess this did not happen and instead later I received an email to say my order was instead being processed.
I will try calling again tomorrow but other than refuse the delivery and open a case with PayPal I don’t see what else I can do. I’m appalled that Vax think this is acceptable!!
DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. THEY CANNOT BE TRUSTED!!!
Avoid Vax - I bought in good faith. The suction and battery life awful. Customer service rude and unhelpful.
Do not buy vax products you will be wasteing your money. the vax hoover is rubbish and the the carpet washer is even more so. And as for the customer service there is not any. This outfit needs to be shut down.
AVOID
Well even if you register your warranty and have your receipt they tell you that you haven't, so will never buy a vax again.
DO NOT BUY VAX bought a vax 18 months ago and now the machine doesn't pick up, even after cleaning regularly and checking for blockages, it spits everything back out. My Mum also bought the same a few months later and now hers doesn't work properly. Both models are Vax BLADE. Customer services told me to look in yellow pages for a suitable engineer!!!
I bought a Vax from Curry’s in July 2015 with a six-year warranty. My wife uses this machine at least once a day, sometimes up to six times as I am apparently a bit messy, we have a messy dog and a 2-year-old messy child!

The flexible tubing broke about a year ago. I contacted Vax and expected a battle but they did not argue and sent a new base two days later.

Last week, the wheels on the base stopped moving freely. Again, I contacted Vax asking for a solution and another base arrived three days later. I received a call from a representative of Vax confirming the new part was on its way.

No arguing. No slippery wriggling. Just an instant replacement.

I have another vacuum that is used and abused but not to the extent of this Vax machine. It is lightweight and the battery lasts enough to do the whole house twice.

The Vax is an excellent product but the customer service is excellent. Lots of other businesses cold learn from Vax what customer service is all about!
Wish I had read these reviews before buying.

My dad too bought a Vac with advertised 2 years warranty nice big stickers on the box but also didn't notice had to register and won't honour the 2 years, totally disgusting using that small technicality, have receipt etc. After 4 uses, no power. Won't repair or replace it, happy to sell you another with £10 off. Totally unwilling, unsympathetic, unprofessional, uninterested customer service.
Don't buy from them, avoid, buy another brand.
Expected delivery today....I could have had next day delivery but chose a week later due to work commitments. No processing info or tracking info sent from vax so, I contacted them today only to be told it won't be arriving! Poor customer service if they can't even supply this information without being prompted by the customer. Now I've to wait and see if it arrives tomorrow. We will see.
Advertised as best pick up , mine does not even pick up cotton/pet hair despite washing filter after 2 cleans. Heavy to use , high maintenance, not at all happy with product. Hand held one I broughtvisxeven worse . Awful
Bought VAX Upright Vac U84-AL-Pe from Currys in 2016 with 6 year guarantee, stopped working now around 4 years use, with 2 years left on the guarantee promise.

On contacting VAX via chat it turns out 1>the warranty had to be registered within 3 months of purchase which is NOT mentioned in the product manual or leaflets shipped with the product but only on the VAX website. 2> they won't do anything about it

Why do that ? Advertise the 6 year guarantee in big text on the product documentation and leaflets but leave the 3 months registration clause out of it? That's cheating the customer - customer has paid for the product already, now how do we make make/save more money, let's ensure they don't get the benefit of the warranty - let's leave the 3 month clause out of the text.

So like in my case, if you bought this product from Currys, etc. and have not been informed to register on VAX website within 3 months of purchase to activate the 6 year guarantee, and don't end up registering the product in the 3M time frame which you don't know about by the way, you will be entitled to just a 12 months of it not 6 years, that is 1/6th of the advertised.

I feel cheated as a customer as the product I was sold came with big text on 6 year guarantee, I've got the original receipt, etc. but I can't avail it because VAX have designed a gap in their processes and documentation to ensure atleast some customers fall through the cracks; allowing VAX to not honour the commitment they made through deceitful advertising focused at luring customers to buy their products but not really looking after them.

That's such a shame, cause the Vac was great when it was working, don't think I really had any complaints from it but now I find myself looking for a new one. And you guessed right, it won't be a VAX!

VAX Online Chat with Lucybeth, have asked her to escalate the matter to her senior(s) but not received a call back. Hence the review.
Awful customer service. Told me there was a fault with my vax blade but refused to rectify it.
Be careful , they may not honour the 2 year guarantee .
Be careful of vax , they may not honour the guarantee.
I ordered a cordless from vax witha " 2 year guarantee " after a couple of months , the cleaner stopped working and vax sent a replacement . . . What they did not tell me was that once thwy sent a replacement , the guarantee is finished , i only found out when the replacement stopped working and i phoned them , thwy said it says so in the terms and conditions . . . This seems quite dishonest , in this case.they should should say guarantee until replacement is suplied and not 2 years ! They never offered to repair the cleaner, just send anpther one out and cancel the guarantee.
I recently purchased a Vax Platignum carpet washer. My hall carpets were really dirty(recent building works and a nervous dog)
We'll I am astounded! My carpets look like new with one wash.
The machine is easy to use, quite light to push and pull and the cleaning liquid goes a long way.
I have also cleaned a Rug and its like new. I would recommend d the Cleaner. Buy direct and get the steamer free. Good value. I'm really happy.
They seem to be good value for your money, but don’t be fooled, 6 years warranty is non existent. Lots of small print to stop their customer services helping you. Very dissatisfied and disappointed.
Seamless transaction followed by high quality delivery process. An excellent company to deal with.
Purchased a VAX hoover in March 2018. Recently noticed a loss of suction, found the flex pipe to be split (manufacturer fault). Raised with Customer Services however as I didnt register the hoover within 90 days of purchase, advised nothing they could do.

Recently been furloughed from work so have reduced incoming and have a wife on maternity leave.

Vax has offered to sell me a replacement part and after asking for this to be provided free of charge, told no but offered a discount. The part has now been offered to me for £26 which I find dreadful customer service.

Have also been told that even if I had registered the hoover for the extended guarantee, it still wouldnt have covered as classed as "wear and tear".

Dreadful customer service and poor quality product.

Avoid.
Always buy from van excellent service my hoover broke on the day my 2 year guarantee run out.Just received my new one 😁😁
Vax
Totally unhelpful customer services
Ist question you get us how did it happen
You then know straight away they are looking for a get out
5 year warranty is worthless with with lots of clauses to stop them having to honour claims
And the reason I bought the cleaner was the 5 year warranty
Standard answer ware and tare after 2 years
And that’s not even inspecting it
Do yourselves a favour but from another company
I have never dealt with such disgusting company before
Customer services arrogant and straight away this you know these fxxkers are going to Fxxk you
VaxUK is rated 2.14 based on 59 reviews