WPMU DEV Reviews

contact@wpmudev.org

PO Box 1218, Windsor
Australia

Tell us how WPMU DEV made you happy
Well, i have been using WPMUDEV's plugins for some time, but there came a time when i didn't need them anymore ( wasnt using them like i thought i would ). So i went and deleted this Pro Sites plugin, but there was the problem the upload quota was still there! Thanks to Andri Koolme ( best surname ever! ) from sales who made it happen i got in touch with tech support to help with this issue and Patrick Cohen from the tech support who helped solve the problem!

really awesome they helped me even after i stopped being a member, awesome support guys!
Thanks so much for taking the time to review our services, Jeffrey!
Their support is second to none, and great value!
Thank you very much for your kind words and rating!
They have excellent and fast customer support!
Thanks so much for your feedback and rating!
Really great tech support. I found the team available and skilled with Multisite. It's a great platform but more complex than WP, so it's great to have a strong tech support team behind me. Thanks for the awesome help.
That's really great to hear, Wayne!

Thanks for the review.
Kris was amazing! He went above and beyond to help, was incredibly patient and knowledgeable and facilitated the process of migrating my site and even optimizing it for speed using Hummingbird to help me achieve a score of 96 off the bat :) Here's looking forward to working with WPMU Dev long term. Sincerely, Graham
That's awesome, Graham!

Thanks so much for reviewing our services with 5 stars.
Had weeks and weeks of issues with Smartcrawl Plugin. At first support was very helpful, however, because it was not resolved after some weeks, I would check up to see how it was going, and be met with curt responses from 'support'.

The issue was that Smartcrawl would miss hundreds of url's from the sitemap. Things happen but it went on for weeks and I was treated badly if I asked why
Hey there,

Sorry to hear about your experience with our support. However, we do have specific processes in place, as already explained by our staff, both during Live Chat as well as in your support ticket, to ensure that all information is kept into one place, which is crucial when we need to debug issues further.

Of course, we do understand your points too, and that this could be better communicated in the end since all you wanted was to get an update about the status of your ticket.

We'll further discuss this internally to structure our processes better and prevent such occurrences.

Thank you for your candid feedback.
Despite their misleading advertisements, the do not offer unlimited sites for a flat fee like many competitors. Furthermore, they were unable to install the proper SSL certificates or be able to transfer subdomains. It took over 4 hours to get a response to a critical issue. I strongly advise against using WPMUDEV for hosting multiple sites.
Very bad support! I've been writing since more than a week and got no replies. Also, I've been charged for subscription although I was trying the pro version - that's why I had to add my visa information- and on the same day, I found that I don't need the plugin anymore so I deleted the plugin!

then after a couple of days, I found a status from my bank says I was charged for 49$ !! No emails to remind me before and I didn't use the plugin for a single day!

No replies from support since then...
worst experience ever.
Hey there.

Really sorry you feel this way, though our staff already explained everything in details via email.

You also had a second account in the past for another free trial, which is forbidden.

In any case, our Account Manager already followed up to you and sorted that out for you.

Take care!
At this point WPMU Dev does not have the best Wordpress hosting. In truth it's okay but not even nearing great let alone the best. A few things you should know:

1. Hard limits on disk space with no flexibility and no ability to add storage without upgrading and considering they use Digital Ocean and we all know how flexible and inexpensive DO storage is this is unacceptable. This is my number one reason why they are nowhere near a small business class host.

2. The support you'll receive is hit or miss. Of the most recent tickets I've had two were handled fairly well while the last two were abysmal failures and I had to seek help at my other host who handled it very quickly.

3. Do not switch all your hosting to WPMU Dev. Don't put all your eggs in their basket just yet. Maybe in a year or so when they get a few issues handled and hire far more knowledgeable support techs but right now avoid giving their hosting 100% of your sites.

4. Their plugins are generally pretty good but they're starting to open up premium versions of plugins to be freeware via wordpress.org and each time they do this they're essentially removing value from the $50 I pay a month (and I'm certainly not paying that for their hosting).

5. The Hub - it's okay. It's not great but it's easy to use and that's helpful. It's fairly limited in comparison to most other hosts.

6. I like the CEO and I think he's a cool guy with good intentions but I have noticed he has a tendency to promise things that they aren't offering or seem to be close to offering. He stated that their hosting service has free SSL certs - no they don't. Allegedly they will at some point in the future but not now.

7. You'll receive three $10 bronze plans and although their site also states that you'll receive $30 in hosting credits DO NOT try to use those hosting credits for the $25 hosting plan. And when you need more than 10 GB of disk space you'll have to upgrade and pay $15 extra a month just to receive an additional 5 GB so the math doesn't work on that at all.
Hey there,

Thanks for your candid feedback.

1. We have created hosting plans with different tiers of technical aspects. Our lowest plan (Bronze) includes 10GB of SSD Storage. This is more than enough for the majority of "small-sized" websites too. Next tier, which is our Silver one includes 15GB of storage, twice the ram, and twice the CPUs

Of course, we do understand how flexible it would be to upgrade different aspects selectively, and something we will consider for the future.

2. We weren't able to locate any accounts with your current information. If you could please email us at contact@wpmudev.org and provide more information on the tickets you're referring to, we'd be more than happy to investigate further.

3. True, our hosting is still in Beta to some extend, but the features and implementations we've done in such a short period of time say otherwise. We have many members that transferred all of their websites too.

Also, you seem to be overly dissatisfied with our support, which is concerning on its own. Reviews that members leave on a daily basis also show otherwise, so if you could please reach out to us so we can better understand what you're referring to, we'd be more than happy to discuss this further and understand your feedback here.

4. While we understand your point of view, it doesn't reduce any value from the membership by us contributing to the WordPress community. The membership itself is a complete package, not just a "set of WP plugins". We have invested a lot in improving our products and services overall, and those contributions also play their part in allowing us to continue doing so as we get more valuable feedback from other users as well.

Also, we do plan on bringing more premium features to our products down the line, so again, there isn't any actual decrease in the value, on the contrary.

5. Hub 2.0 is completely different from our old Hub, and once more, new features and implementations are piped up for release.

6. We do offer free SSL certificates. Perhaps you are referring to specific Multisite structures, with subdomains? If that's the case, then yes, this is the only limitation at the moment as mentioned in our documentation. However, we're already working on a solution for that too.

7. You don't receive three $10 Bronze sites. As part of your membership, you get $30 Free hosting credits that you can spend as you wish.

So you could even create a Gold plan, and instead of paying $50, it would drop down to $20.

As for storage upgrades, as previously mentioned, this isn't possible at the moment but something we may consider for the future. We do agree that it would be neat to have!

Thank you once more for your candid feedback, and do reach out to us so we can discuss this further.

Take care.
I really appreciate Neel's help AND patience. He is a miracle worker 😂
Niceeee!!

Really appreciate your feedback, Candace.

Best Plugin
Thank you for the 5-star rating!
WPMU Dev support are literally awesome! They are hugely supportive, extremely knowledgable, friendly and more than happy to help.

I can't recommend them enough!
Awesome!

Thank you very much for the review, Aaran!
I honestly have no idea what I'd do without WPMU Dev. The support staff has helped me through so many issues with WordPress. They've been invaluable for my learning process. The whole hosting and plugins system makes it amazing.
Awesome! 😎

Really appreciate that you took the time to review our services, John.

Thank you!
Their customer service is second to none. I am super impressed!
Awesome!!

Thanks so much for brightened up our day.
Very knowledgable and friendly support.
Thank you very much for your feedback, Guillermo!
The service is good and the problem got solved promptly
So happy to hear that! Thanks for the review.
This was the second time that Patrick Cohen helped me with some issues, and I must say, he's a damn good Support Monkey!
Thanks, Patrick!
Awesome! Banana party on its way 🙊🍌

Thanks for the review and feedback, Myriam!
I've been a member since 2012 and lived through promise after promise after promise that plugins would work seamlessly together and be implemented as easily as advertised. MarketPress, CoursePress . . . you name it. It never happened. I stayed loyal. I continued to pay. Now, in 2019, they go from 100+ plugins to less than 20. They have moved from a true multisite/multiuser developer to another glorified WordPress hosting company. So disgusting I want to throw up in my mouth. I'm transitioning away from them completely.
We're sorry for the frustration caused by this. 😞

It was not an easy decision; that's the only certain thing. However, this new direction allows us to focus more on things that the vast majority of our members need and use, as well as enable us to adapt development resources much more efficiently.

Additionally, we have introduced new services recently such as Hosting which raised the value of the membership itself, and we plan on adding more features shortly.

Last but not least, any of our plugins that are no longer in active development doesn't mean that they stopped working, they still do, and we continue to support them just like with any other WordPress plugin. We've released them publicly on GitHub, so other developers can further maintain them a well as create their variations (and we'd love to see that happening. We encourage anyone to take active development on them!)

Of course, that doesn't change the fact that some of our members had an impact from that decision, and we're sorry once more for any inconvenience caused by this. Our support team will be right by your side should you need to make any transition from plugins that we discontinued from our development arsenal, so please don't hesitate to reach out to them.

We do hope that we will change your mind and have you with us for many years to come!

Thank you for your candid feedback.
I've been a WPMUDEV user for years and have relied on a small subset of their plugins as mainstays of our client sites.

Today I ran into some issues with a third-party plugin that was misbehaving, and wasn't playing well with WP Smush Pro. I opened a support ticket using WPMUDEV's integrated Chat Support through my WP-Admin Dashboard, and worked for a time with a very knowledgeable and patient rep (Ohid!) who ran tests, gathered information, and even logged into my site using WPMUDEV's "Grant Access" mechanism, which avoided all the hassle of creating additional user accounts. After more testing and discussion, he was able to provide a thoughtful solution that worked around the other plugin's shortcomings. An outstanding first interaction with their support team, so glad I had them available!
Awesome! 🙂

Thank you very much for taking the time to share this with us, Michael, and above all, for being a part of our community.
Perfect support!