WPMU DEV Reviews

contact@wpmudev.org

PO Box 1218, Windsor
Australia

Tell us how WPMU DEV made you happy
Plugins are OKAY but believe me guys hosting is the worst as far as we have faced earlier we were using siteground and there was 0 downtime but since after migrating to WPMU hosting and that too the silver hosting our website is down more than 4-5 time a day ever our authors are not able to publish the news if they start doing it website crashes, it is not able to handle the load my query is not solved yet and they don’t have any solution the only changes done from the migration of siteground to WPMU was the addition of plugins sold by WPMU & the hosting with silver and they say that your plugin is culprit please upgrade to gold membership, believe me, guys you will regret just think if your website is not up and running what will you do with an SEO plugin, image smush plugin or hummingbird. Google will push you down if your website is down multiple times in a day. Not a good deal please avoid
Reason to change my reviews is here --> Plugins are OKAY but believe me guys hosting is the worst as far as we have faced earlier we were using siteground and there was 0 downtime but since after migrating to WPMU hosting and that too the silver hosting our website is down more than 4-5 time a day ever our authors are not able to publish the news if they start doing it website crashes, it is not able to handle the load my query is not solved yet and they don’t have any solution the only changes done from the migration of siteground to WPMU was the addition of plugins sold by WPMU & the hosting with silver and they say that your plugin is culprit please upgrade to gold membership, believe me, guys you will regret just think if your website is not up and running what will you do with an SEO plugin, image smush plugin or hummingbird. Google will push you down if your website is down multiple times in a day
Thank you very much for your feedback, Meezan!

Great to have you with us.
Despite their misleading advertisements, the do not offer unlimited sites for a flat fee like many competitors. Furthermore, they were unable to install the proper SSL certificates or be able to transfer subdomains. It took over 4 hours to get a response to a critical issue. I strongly advise against using WPMUDEV for hosting multiple sites.
Thieves. You can try for 7 days, and when you disconnect the plugin (which has renew membership clearly labelled at the plugin), they charge you the year subscription anyway!
It is a scam and a con designed to relive you of your cash, not to build a loyal customer base.
When you contact support to get an explanation and a refund, you no longer exist and can't get a response - despite having an unwanted full membership!
Hey there.

Sorry that you feel this way, though deactivating a plugin from your WordPress site wouldn't be a cancelation if that makes sense.

Canceling could easily be done from the account section, something that you've done after you paid for the yearly plan.

Our staff already explained everything in detail to you, so if you have any further questions, feel free to reply to them.

Take care.
Very bad support! I've been writing since more than a week and got no replies. Also, I've been charged for subscription although I was trying the pro version - that's why I had to add my visa information- and on the same day, I found that I don't need the plugin anymore so I deleted the plugin!

then after a couple of days, I found a status from my bank says I was charged for 49$ !! No emails to remind me before and I didn't use the plugin for a single day!

No replies from support since then...
worst experience ever.
Hey there.

Really sorry you feel this way, though our staff already explained everything in details via email.

You also had a second account in the past for another free trial, which is forbidden.

In any case, our Account Manager already followed up to you and sorted that out for you.

Take care!
At this point WPMU Dev does not have the best Wordpress hosting. In truth it's okay but not even nearing great let alone the best. A few things you should know:

1. Hard limits on disk space with no flexibility and no ability to add storage without upgrading and considering they use Digital Ocean and we all know how flexible and inexpensive DO storage is this is unacceptable. This is my number one reason why they are nowhere near a small business class host.

2. The support you'll receive is hit or miss. Of the most recent tickets I've had two were handled fairly well while the last two were abysmal failures and I had to seek help at my other host who handled it very quickly.

3. Do not switch all your hosting to WPMU Dev. Don't put all your eggs in their basket just yet. Maybe in a year or so when they get a few issues handled and hire far more knowledgeable support techs but right now avoid giving their hosting 100% of your sites.

4. Their plugins are generally pretty good but they're starting to open up premium versions of plugins to be freeware via wordpress.org and each time they do this they're essentially removing value from the $50 I pay a month (and I'm certainly not paying that for their hosting).

5. The Hub - it's okay. It's not great but it's easy to use and that's helpful. It's fairly limited in comparison to most other hosts.

6. I like the CEO and I think he's a cool guy with good intentions but I have noticed he has a tendency to promise things that they aren't offering or seem to be close to offering. He stated that their hosting service has free SSL certs - no they don't. Allegedly they will at some point in the future but not now.

7. You'll receive three $10 bronze plans and although their site also states that you'll receive $30 in hosting credits DO NOT try to use those hosting credits for the $25 hosting plan. And when you need more than 10 GB of disk space you'll have to upgrade and pay $15 extra a month just to receive an additional 5 GB so the math doesn't work on that at all.
Hey there,

Thanks for your candid feedback.

1. We have created hosting plans with different tiers of technical aspects. Our lowest plan (Bronze) includes 10GB of SSD Storage. This is more than enough for the majority of "small-sized" websites too. Next tier, which is our Silver one includes 15GB of storage, twice the ram, and twice the CPUs

Of course, we do understand how flexible it would be to upgrade different aspects selectively, and something we will consider for the future.

2. We weren't able to locate any accounts with your current information. If you could please email us at contact@wpmudev.org and provide more information on the tickets you're referring to, we'd be more than happy to investigate further.

3. True, our hosting is still in Beta to some extend, but the features and implementations we've done in such a short period of time say otherwise. We have many members that transferred all of their websites too.

Also, you seem to be overly dissatisfied with our support, which is concerning on its own. Reviews that members leave on a daily basis also show otherwise, so if you could please reach out to us so we can better understand what you're referring to, we'd be more than happy to discuss this further and understand your feedback here.

4. While we understand your point of view, it doesn't reduce any value from the membership by us contributing to the WordPress community. The membership itself is a complete package, not just a "set of WP plugins". We have invested a lot in improving our products and services overall, and those contributions also play their part in allowing us to continue doing so as we get more valuable feedback from other users as well.

Also, we do plan on bringing more premium features to our products down the line, so again, there isn't any actual decrease in the value, on the contrary.

5. Hub 2.0 is completely different from our old Hub, and once more, new features and implementations are piped up for release.

6. We do offer free SSL certificates. Perhaps you are referring to specific Multisite structures, with subdomains? If that's the case, then yes, this is the only limitation at the moment as mentioned in our documentation. However, we're already working on a solution for that too.

7. You don't receive three $10 Bronze sites. As part of your membership, you get $30 Free hosting credits that you can spend as you wish.

So you could even create a Gold plan, and instead of paying $50, it would drop down to $20.

As for storage upgrades, as previously mentioned, this isn't possible at the moment but something we may consider for the future. We do agree that it would be neat to have!

Thank you once more for your candid feedback, and do reach out to us so we can discuss this further.

Take care.
I am using both the plugin developed by wpmu dev for my business operation. However their turnover time take more than 8 hours to solve a sudden bugs. When I already indicate the important of how it is affecting my daily operation of my business, they did not show any urgency to assist to solve my problem. Instead I’m throw to wait and no updates was given. Support agent are all just a waste of time to be online with them for more than 4 hours staying up at the wee hours. I have been a long time customer but I am really disappointed with the support given for my problem this time round. I really hope you can look into this seriously. If not you will lose a lot more customer.
So sorry to hear about the situation here. We did review the support tickets you're referring to, and further discussed this with our developers.

They're already working on a fix on Forminator plugins (which conflicted with Beehive) and will be released as soon as it passes our QA tests.

On that note, we'd like to clarify that when bugs are identified, or generally complex issues are handled through our forums, while we always aim to provide a solution ASAP, there are several internal processes involved to ensure stable releases.

So apart from code reviews, our QA team has to also thoroughly test releases in multiple scenarios, which in some cases can add up to the overall release timeframe.

Of course, this is not an excuse, so please don't misunderstand this. We understand how frustrating this can be for you, and rest assured that we'll do our best to assist you.

Thank you for your candid feedback.
updated smush and my header logo has been removed! I put on inactive this plugin and the logo is active again.
So sorry to hear about that, Roaten!

It could be due to a plugin or theme conflict, so we need to take a closer look into that. Since we couldn't locate any accounts with your current details, one of our staff will reach out to you via email in order to assist you on that matter.

Thank you!
Oh dear...
Hey there, Jez!

Could you please share more feedback on the reasons behind your 1-star review? We embrace all kinds of feedback, and as we always strive to improve, any suggestions or criticism you may have is more than welcome.

As a side note, since we couldn't track down any account associated with the email address that you used for this review, feel free to email us to contact@wpmudev.org so we can discuss this further.

Thank you!
Mmnjbhhcycyfycgcgycycu
I've been a member since 2012 and lived through promise after promise after promise that plugins would work seamlessly together and be implemented as easily as advertised. MarketPress, CoursePress . . . you name it. It never happened. I stayed loyal. I continued to pay. Now, in 2019, they go from 100+ plugins to less than 20. They have moved from a true multisite/multiuser developer to another glorified WordPress hosting company. So disgusting I want to throw up in my mouth. I'm transitioning away from them completely.
We're sorry for the frustration caused by this. 😞

It was not an easy decision; that's the only certain thing. However, this new direction allows us to focus more on things that the vast majority of our members need and use, as well as enable us to adapt development resources much more efficiently.

Additionally, we have introduced new services recently such as Hosting which raised the value of the membership itself, and we plan on adding more features shortly.

Last but not least, any of our plugins that are no longer in active development doesn't mean that they stopped working, they still do, and we continue to support them just like with any other WordPress plugin. We've released them publicly on GitHub, so other developers can further maintain them a well as create their variations (and we'd love to see that happening. We encourage anyone to take active development on them!)

Of course, that doesn't change the fact that some of our members had an impact from that decision, and we're sorry once more for any inconvenience caused by this. Our support team will be right by your side should you need to make any transition from plugins that we discontinued from our development arsenal, so please don't hesitate to reach out to them.

We do hope that we will change your mind and have you with us for many years to come!

Thank you for your candid feedback.
WPMU DEV is rated 4.94 based on 1,229 reviews