WPMU DEV Reviews

Tell us how WPMU DEV made you happy

Email, Live Chat
Under an hour
customer service
"I have a love/hate relationship with WPMU DEV. On one hand, they have a good offering but one of the main features I need and love is the automated updates. But that requires Snapshot. Snapshot has given me a problem on every single website I have ever installed it on. I have been using Duplicator Pro for over 3 years now and have never, not once had a problem. Not sure what it is about Snapshot that uses so many resources (they always tell me its a resource issue - but as I have mentioned use Duplicator Pro successfully on all of the websites). The biggest bummer is if you have an offering that is a set it and forget it, you'll need to rethink it if you use Snapshot. I've had websites working fine... no changes to anything and then randomly stopped backing up. Thus no automation. Forminator is really simple and easy to use. I have mixed emotions about Hustle. I've been using Thrive Leads for a long time and Hustle is not nearly as easy as Thrive's product but it is decent and it's included in the price of membership. Hummingbird and Defender work as expected. Usually have good results with Smush. So Forminator, Hummingbird & Defender are good. Smush & Hustle are decent. Snapshot is too unpredictable thus making the automation unreliable. Thus my love/hate relationship. I think I just need to bite the bullet and get another product that has more reliable backup/automation. Also, their support, while friendly and knowledgeable, always asks me the same questions and I waste time having to answer the same things from all of the same support issues (Snapshot & The Hub Automation). Since it's all done via email, it can sometimes weeks to resolve an issue which is unacceptable for my clients. I used to do websites full time, but now it's my side hustle. I think their product is good if you do it full time and can go back and forth with their support via email in a timely manner, but when you only have a day or two to work on something, it will take you weeks to resolve any issue with support."
Hey there!

Thanks for taking the time to leave your constructive feedback. We're sorry for the inconvenience caused by Snapshot in conjunction with our Automate service. We understand your point here and mixed feelings caused by this 😔. We will further discuss this internally with the rest of our team and developers.

The mechanisms behind Snapshot plugin may exhaust server resources in some cases, such as with shared hosting environments or when dealing with 'large' websites. We do consider in refactoring Snapshot from the ground up in the future, to make it more reliable in those scenarios.

In regards to our support, our Forums is where more complex issues are usually handled when things cannot be identified or debugged through our Live Chat. This can end up taking more time than expected as our SLS team or Developers may have to be involved in the process. That, of course, is not an excuse but more of an explanation why tickets may take more time than expected to be resolved due to the several processes involved.

We will review this internally as well to find more efficient ways in handling such complex cases, as we all know how pressuring things can be with deadlines and issues that require immediate attention.

As a side note, our Automate service works differently for websites on our hosting. It uses the built-in incremental backup system which is set up on a server level, thus not having a noticeable impact on resources or storage used. As a member, you already get 3 Free sites hosted with us, and we'd love you to give it a try and share your feedback, on things that you liked, disliked or would like to improve.

Thank you once more for your candid feedback!
"I have been a member of WPMU since 2014. This party offers a beautiful set of plug-ins, which we regularly use. Although the plug-in is fantastic, we have mixed feelings about the support. The chat is good. You are helped quickly and they really do their best. However, when the second-line support is involved, a long wait usually occurs. Very annoying for us and our customers. In recent months we have regularly had problems with Appointment +. Given the stability of the plug-in, I would not recommend this. Hummingbird and Smush Pro are fantastic. Hopefully WPMU can deploy additional developers for second-line support."
First off, thanks so much for being a loyal member. We're sorry to hear about those delays though. We' have alerted our experts and will soon follow up to your ticket. We've received an influx of tickets recently, so we're hiring more staff to cope with the increased workload and our response times on forums will soon stabilize once more.

We do hope to turn your recent experience into a 5-star, and thanks once more for your candid feedback.
"I see the improovment on the speed, but would have liked a backup of my original size pictures. In addition when looking at the website the images would not show. I had to open each post and save it, after that the image worked again. Not an overall great first experience."
Hi Marcel,

Thanks for the feedback, sorry for the confusion here!

Smush Pro allows you to maintain a backup of your original uploaded files. You just need to enable this option through plugin's settings as shown here: https://bit.ly/2GwsCPi

Also, what you're reporting about images not showing up, that would be just cache on your website. So you could simply clear the cache without the need to go through each post.

Should you need any further assistance, our support team will be right by your side!

Thank you once more for the feedback.
"Cool"