WPMU DEV Reviews

contact@wpmudev.org

PO Box 1218, Windsor
Australia

Tell us how WPMU DEV made you happy
Would you like to add photos or videos?
Support was excellent and to the point, even at 1am
Thanks for the review, Evan!
Support has always been first rate: competent, friendly and patient. And the Hub makes it really easy to create and manage multiple. sites I just had a domain mapping session -- the combination of the excellent support and excellent tools (ie the Hub) made it a breeze.
Awesome!

Really appreciate your kind words, Mami. Thanks for the review 😊
WPMUDEV simply rock! Their level of expertise is just awesome, I still haven't been in touch where they couldn't solve my problem. Keep it up WPMUDEV!
Thanks so much for your awesome feedback, Mikkel!
They are great. Their support service is the best around, fast, quick, and solves every WP issue they can, wherever it's in their services or not. Truly exceptional service and support.
Thank you for rating our services with 5 stars!
Extremely helpful and attentive customer service. Fast and affordable dedicated hosting.
Thank you for the review, Caleb!
Really awesome assistance and service. A lot of useful tools to create and manage complex websites!
So happy to hear that!

Thank you for your feedback and rating.
At this point WPMU Dev does not have the best Wordpress hosting. In truth it's okay but not even nearing great let alone the best. A few things you should know:

1. Hard limits on disk space with no flexibility and no ability to add storage without upgrading and considering they use Digital Ocean and we all know how flexible and inexpensive DO storage is this is unacceptable. This is my number one reason why they are nowhere near a small business class host.

2. The support you'll receive is hit or miss. Of the most recent tickets I've had two were handled fairly well while the last two were abysmal failures and I had to seek help at my other host who handled it very quickly.

3. Do not switch all your hosting to WPMU Dev. Don't put all your eggs in their basket just yet. Maybe in a year or so when they get a few issues handled and hire far more knowledgeable support techs but right now avoid giving their hosting 100% of your sites.

4. Their plugins are generally pretty good but they're starting to open up premium versions of plugins to be freeware via wordpress.org and each time they do this they're essentially removing value from the $50 I pay a month (and I'm certainly not paying that for their hosting).

5. The Hub - it's okay. It's not great but it's easy to use and that's helpful. It's fairly limited in comparison to most other hosts.

6. I like the CEO and I think he's a cool guy with good intentions but I have noticed he has a tendency to promise things that they aren't offering or seem to be close to offering. He stated that their hosting service has free SSL certs - no they don't. Allegedly they will at some point in the future but not now.

7. You'll receive three $10 bronze plans and although their site also states that you'll receive $30 in hosting credits DO NOT try to use those hosting credits for the $25 hosting plan. And when you need more than 10 GB of disk space you'll have to upgrade and pay $15 extra a month just to receive an additional 5 GB so the math doesn't work on that at all.
Hey there,

Thanks for your candid feedback.

1. We have created hosting plans with different tiers of technical aspects. Our lowest plan (Bronze) includes 10GB of SSD Storage. This is more than enough for the majority of "small-sized" websites too. Next tier, which is our Silver one includes 15GB of storage, twice the ram, and twice the CPUs

Of course, we do understand how flexible it would be to upgrade different aspects selectively, and something we will consider for the future.

2. We weren't able to locate any accounts with your current information. If you could please email us at contact@wpmudev.org and provide more information on the tickets you're referring to, we'd be more than happy to investigate further.

3. True, our hosting is still in Beta to some extend, but the features and implementations we've done in such a short period of time say otherwise. We have many members that transferred all of their websites too.

Also, you seem to be overly dissatisfied with our support, which is concerning on its own. Reviews that members leave on a daily basis also show otherwise, so if you could please reach out to us so we can better understand what you're referring to, we'd be more than happy to discuss this further and understand your feedback here.

4. While we understand your point of view, it doesn't reduce any value from the membership by us contributing to the WordPress community. The membership itself is a complete package, not just a "set of WP plugins". We have invested a lot in improving our products and services overall, and those contributions also play their part in allowing us to continue doing so as we get more valuable feedback from other users as well.

Also, we do plan on bringing more premium features to our products down the line, so again, there isn't any actual decrease in the value, on the contrary.

5. Hub 2.0 is completely different from our old Hub, and once more, new features and implementations are piped up for release.

6. We do offer free SSL certificates. Perhaps you are referring to specific Multisite structures, with subdomains? If that's the case, then yes, this is the only limitation at the moment as mentioned in our documentation. However, we're already working on a solution for that too.

7. You don't receive three $10 Bronze sites. As part of your membership, you get $30 Free hosting credits that you can spend as you wish.

So you could even create a Gold plan, and instead of paying $50, it would drop down to $20.

As for storage upgrades, as previously mentioned, this isn't possible at the moment but something we may consider for the future. We do agree that it would be neat to have!

Thank you once more for your candid feedback, and do reach out to us so we can discuss this further.

Take care.
Great and fast support!
Thank you for the review!
Rupok Chowdhury was a huge help to me in the middle of the night. He got my problem sorted out quickly and effectively. A+++
Really happy to hear that, Robyn!

Thanks for sharing this with us.
only because your staff Patrick Freitas he amazing assist I swear no thanks word it will be covered his assisting and his patience with me on billion thanks for him
Awesome!

Thank you very much for your kind words and review, Bahaa 😎
As usual , WPMU DEV Support and specially Bhakti Rajdev are awesome. Fast and helpfull !

Thanks a lot !

Thanks a lot !
You're most certainly welcome 😊

Glad we could help! Thanks for your kind words and feedback.
I can't say enough good things about the support team at WPMUDEV. Thanks to Neel G. for helping me out!
Our duty!

Thanks so much for rating our services with 5 stars.
Abdul Wajed is great support agent. He helped me so much. I extend my thanks to him.
We've passed this directly to him 😉 Thank you!
I have been using WPMUDEV for a while now and very happy with them. "Ashik" from support team helped a lot in solving my queries. Most of the other members have also been very helpful. The membership though can be a bit expensive at times especially during pandemic nowadays, hoping they would provide some discount or offers for continuing members at-least until COVID-19 time-period.
Thanks so much for the review, Anubhav!

That's true, COVID-19 had a huge impact on all of us on a global scale. Whilst we cannot guarantee anything, please feel free to reach out to our experts if we could do anything to help you out during this period.

Thank you.
Awesome service. Superb support!
Thanks so much for your kind words!
Nahid provided fast and very sound support. Very knowledgeable, kind and efficient! - Happy to be with WPMUDEV - and like that they staff their support richly, i.e. the wait times are often short!
Thanks for taking the time to review our services, Peter!

So happy to have you with us.
Nahid did an amazing job! One of the best guys I've worked with here! Thanks a bunch!!!
So happy to hear that!

Thank you for the review.
Thanks so much for your 5-star rating!
I've been using WPMU DEV for a variety of their performance and security tools, but only recently migrated a site from another big-name host. The migration process was easy. Tech support has been extremely helpful for a couple minor issues. And site performance was immediately better than on the previous host. It's still early days, but if things continue this way, I'll be migrating more sites in the near future.
That's amazing, Chris!

So happy to hear about your experience with our Hosting 😊

Thank you for your feedback and 5-star rating.
WPMU DEV is rated 4.96 based on 1,205 reviews