Rentalcars.com Reviews

of reviewers recommend Rentalcars.com
Live Chat, Telephone, Email

Tell us how Rentalcars.com made you happy
616097095 I received an email from rentalcars.com this morning titled: Important information about your rental. Simply put they wanted to let me know the following: We’re just writing to tell you that Thrifty at Christchurch Airport have changed their name to Ezi Car Rental and are no longer part of the Thrifty Group. In the email they gave me the option to cancel so I decided to take up the offer of cancelling the car rental and here's what it said in the email about how to do this: Simply go to ‘Manage booking’ at the top of our website and cancel your car rental booking.To make sure you get a full refund, please select ‘Trip cancelled’ and put "NZ202112" in the box underneath.(If you see a message about a cancellation fee, don’t worry – as this is a special case, we’ll refund the cancellation fee as well.) After I cancelled, I received a partial refund and then contacted customer service to ask when the remaining amount was coming? You would think that was a simple request?. Unfortunately not. I have spoken to over 10 people so far in all the available contact points (chat, email and over the phone) and every single one of them have told me that I am liable for the cancellation fees and if I want to dispute it I have to call Thrifty!!! How can a company email me and tell me one thing and then the customer service people tell me something completely different? This is the worst service I have EVER experienced in my entire life. I feel like a liar even though I have written communication from then stating "Not to worry"!!! THE ABSOLUTE WORST ORGANISATION IN THE WORLD TO DEAL WITH!
We prebooked with them for a car in Italy, which was not available once we got to the rentals place. They offered us a broken dirty car with trash inside and did not refund us for the price we paid for a different brand. Their service is to say the least suboptimal, they are not trustworthy and I highly recommend NOT to rent with rentalcars.com EVER.
We are in a worldwide pandemic. Ireland is once again shutting down on their fourth surge. We have changed plans and well be leaving the country early. This scam company refuses to understand. You all can rent from them but we will never make this mistake ever again. Not only was this a first and last use but I will forever have nothing good to say about them. I wish O could leave minus stars!
Worst service ever. The rental company did not accept my (valid) driving license, and I had to book a new reservation with different driver. After having explicitly confirmed to us that the first booking would be canceled and refunded, they never processed such refund despite many attempts on our side. Just ridiculous, I will never use them again.
Scam!! Booked online for 3 months in the future - site said nothing would be charged so I thought cc info was to hold the reservation but they charged the entire amount. It also said free cancellation but the button doesn’t go anywhere, just refreshes the page. Emailed and no response. Called and the number is FAKE! Could not contact anyone! Called my bank immediately to dispute charge.
Up all night on Flight to Milan Italy. Arrived to find out that the trains were on strike. Emergent need for a car to make an appointment in Florence. Used Rentalcars.com to shop rates, but advertised price confusing. Hit accept rental only to find out that a huge amount of taxes and a totally unexpected $100 drop off fee were added to the advertised price. When I saw the receipt with total price, I immediately canceled the reservation (the emails accepting the car rental and the cancellation are literally 3 minutes apart). Rentalcars.com is now charging me a $143 cancelation fee! C'mon man, that is predatory and unnecessary. Real cost to your company is $0, And no regular company could get away with treating its customers like that and stay in business. Just because you don't have in person relationships with your customers does not mean you should not treat them with charity and respect. Is that really how you want to make money?
ZERO stars! Scamming people! Reserved a car for 3 weeks, went to pick up the car and I was told I cannot pick it up because they did not accept US Drivers License (laws changed in Europe). Tried to cancel the reservation immediately, and they basically made it impossible. Basically $1,300 of my hard earned money went bye-bye to a rich corporation. Paid this amount, to not even touch the car and spent endless hours in phone calls, and disputing the claim without any success. I will never, ever, ever rent a car from this company!
Would give zero stars if possible. Bookes a rental car at 10am, then we find out our flight had been cancelled (airline went into administration) tried to cancel our booking not even an hour later, but refused as they had a 48 hours refund policy even thou the booking wasn't even am hour old Ridiculous customer service, unwilling to help in any way.
Najwieksze oszustwo . Ta firma nie powinna wogole istnieć . Zaplacilem 67 funtow za 3 dni . w kontrakcie było że odbieram w Poznaniu oddaje we Wrocławiu . Zapłaciłem za wynajem a przy odbiorze doliczyli 80 euro . za powód oddanie w innym oddziale . Nie mialem wyjścia jak zapłacić bo już było za pózno . Ale takie opłaty powinny byc uwzględnione na samy poczatku przy wybieraniu samochodu gdzie wiedzieli ze auto bedzie oddanne w innym oddziale. Do tego w Poznaniu gosciu nie miał pojecia jak wytłumaczyc jak się spytałem jak wygląda orzeczenie szkody powiedzial ze wszystko co się da wyczyć pod paznokciem. I to tak naprawdę zalezy od odbierającego . Co za głupota jak mozna miec taką politykę by była zależna na czyjes ocenie szkody . Wiele firm ma specjalne szablony gdzie przyklada do rysy i np patrzy czy są wieksze niz ten dany przykład . Polity tej firmy jest nastawiona na wydzieraniu pieniedzy od klienta .
There was a major pick up today with American Airlines and they canceled over 2000 flights. I was able to easily cancel my flights and hotel. Both were done via Priceline. Priceline had promoted rentalcars.com and when I contacted rentalcars.com they sent me an email allowed me to cancel. My total rental fee was to be $90 and they charge me seven dollars to cancel. When I called the company they said they could not help me because I had used the email as an option to cancel? They tried to tell me how they called them without using the email they would’ve given me a full refund. When I asked to speak to a supervisor they basically told me to go pound sand and hung up. I will just cancel it to my car and a card. run run run. Otherwise, get ready to lose your money and get bad customer service.
Rubbish Custmer service. Scammers
This is a complete scam. Stay away from it.
Problems with Visa card - don't rent a car here! First of all: This is not a rental company but a broker. Just book directly with a rental company and save yourself a major headache. I had rented a car and paid with my Visa card. When I arrived at the rental desk, my card could not be read and so I was not given a rental car! I was assured by the employee that I would get my money back - he even signed another form for this. I just walked to another rental desk (luckily there are several at the airport) and the credit card magically worked just fine. Strange. So it wasn't my fault I guess. Back home I tried to contact Rentalcars.com. This is a lengthy and frustrating process: difficult or unreachable by telephone and you will only receive a response via the site after a month of waiting. Long story short: I didn't stick to their cancellation policy and so they withhold 3 days of rent. I find it unacceptable that charges have been made when the credit card reader of a rental company they have appointed is not functioning properly. In the normal world you don't have to pay for something that is broken but Rentalcars hides behind their fine print and does not do what is right. I see a lot of similar experiences on various review sites... if only I had read them first! Do you want to book here? DO NOT DO IT!
This is a scam company, do not use their services!!! We had a problem with renting a car at Bologna airport and spend 5 hours there. We couldn’t take a car (when it was already paid in full) because we don’t have the correct credit card. They made a replacement for another car in another service. As a result, I was not refunded for the first car and rented two cars at the same time. Their call center first shouted at us and now just ignore us.
WORST AGENCY EVER!!!! DO NOT BOOK!!! I had to cancel the reservation not because of my fault but for the rental car place fault. And this rentalscars agency in Uk had me on the phone with 4 different people 2 rude women said I can only change the reservation or I will loose the whole amount which was more than $700. One of them even hanged up on me. And then 2 other men said that they could cancel and refund me but charge me 3 days of the rental which ended up charging me $84. It’s better that than losing the whole $700 but its still so unfair. This people are THIEVES!!! Many agencies are just trying to recover the money the lost during the pandemic. DONT FALL FOR IT.
I have used them a bit and they take your money but zero service when it gores wrong - i rented an Alamo/Guerin at Lisbon airport, car broke down and Guerin' service was truly awful. I had to use ubers for a week, I contacted both Guerin and Rentalcars fro a refund as the car had only worked for one short trip and Guerin would not bring a replacement - neither responded. Guerin seem to still think I have the car when it is in the hotel car park where I reported it broken down for the second time and RentalCars just don't respond - i am getting a refund via my card provider - avoid them!
Don’t use them, book directly with the rental company. Prices look great, but then your reservation gets cancelled without telling you (invalid confirmation number) and you end up either without a car or paying 3 times what you budgeted. Awful customer service as well, refused to help.
The company is refusing to reimburse a rental charge for a reservation that "they made on my behalf" after telling me the reservation had failed to process. I attempted to make a reservation online one evening via rentalcars.com. Both attempts resulted in a message popping up "Unable to process......" So I went and made a rental reservation with another company. Seven hours later, early morning the next morning, I was sent a reservation confirmation email by this company. All I can figure is the failed transaction from the night before ended up in some queue somewhere and someone found it and put it through. I didn't do it. The rentalcars.com system did it or someone that works there did it. It's just a guess on my part what happened in the background at rentalcars.com. Soooo, as soon as I noticed the reservation email in my email inbox, I cancelled the reservation and I notified them of the mix-up and explained what happened and asked them to refund the money charged to my credit card (their system wouldn't refund the rental charge claiming it was a same day rental). You won't believe this, but they told me (and I have it in writing), that same day reservations that are cancelled are not refunded. Again, I told them what happened (in writing in email). They continue to claim that in the wee hours of the morning that I made the reservation, which I absolutely did not. I was physically not internet connected at that time. It was impossible for me to do that. They seem to have a website issue where they tell the prospective customer that transactions fail and then some number of hours later they put the transaction through. It's not a lot of money. Just $33.80 USD. It's the principal. Their system is in error. I've not experienced a company being so difficult on a simple issue like this. Clearly they don't believe what I am telling them. Why would I go and reserve another car and spend more $ for the same size car for the same itinerary at the same location??? I've contacted my credit card company to dispute this and get it worked out. I figured I'd share what has happened to warn everyone that rentalcars.com has website problems and they don't accept accountability when strange things happen as a result!! I won't be trying to rent through them again.
I booked and payed to rent a car. I slept and in the morning, they cancelled my reservation. It was an urgent reservation because i needed to take the car in the morning. I found myself without a car and it was impossible to find another car.
Appalling Customer Service. Cancel, cancel, cancel if u can. Our flight was changed by BA meaning a collection was needed at 10.30am not 1pm. It could be changed but to the tune of an extra £100. Nope cancelled and would never recommend or use again. There whole approach was awful, we had a lucky escape from using a bunch of cowboys.
Rentalcars.com is rated 1.30 based on 122 reviews