Currys PC World IE Reviews

of reviewers recommend Currys PC World IE

Tell us how Currys PC World IE made you happy
Ordered an oven on the .ie site early Jan. Heard nothing until I got a text this week to say delivery today. I ordered installation and for the old oven to be taken away as the new one was delivered. Two guys delivered but refused to install and told me that I'd "be better getting an electrician myself" and that I would have to call Currys to arrange collection of the old oven! I would never have purchased from Currys had I known this and also how difficult it is to contact them. Phones go unanswered, texts ignored, emails not responded to. I now have a bulky oven blocking my hallway with no information on whether it will ever be installed by Currys. Appalling customer service. Take my advice and buy from somebody, anybody else. I will in future.
Worst company i’ve ever dealt with. Been waiting a whole month for a coffee machine which was a birthday present. I ordered capsules to go with it which arrived 3 weeks later to the recipient without the machine. Zero customer care. I received an email with a €30 discount code to order a new machine. The code did not work. I ordered a new machine all out of my own money as i was desperate to get the machine and i get a message saying my original purchase was on its way to me...i cancel this and assume that was it and my second order would be with me soon. No this was far from the case without any notifications i reached out to the facebook page and they informed me all my orders were cancelled. I reply informing them about how upset i was to hear this and that i want a full refund on all money spent and not to hear from them again. In the meantime i ordered a machine from a different company and thought this mess was all behind me. No far from it i get a notification today saying my second order was on its way. I reached out again and i was told it could not be cancelled as it was too far gone and to just return it when it arrives yet they could not give me any update as to what was the status or when it would arrive or anything. I have ordered 3 coffee machines now and learnt the very hard way but i was so misled by every single person i was in contact with and the worst thing is they do not have a phone contact number this is all just facebook messages back and forth here and there a different person everytime giving you incorrect info... i have been messaging the facebook for 4 weeks straight. This has completely ruined the present they do not want it anymore over how much grief it has caused me. I will never set foot in this store or purchase online from them again and i will make sure everyone around me hears about this too.
You place the order, Curry's take your money and then tell you when they will deliver, I am still waiting nearly 3 weeks later just hoping they will deliver on the promised date, tried calling impossible to get through. I would cancel if I could and just buy local
I can't get through to customer service. I paid for 3 day service and delivery on 10th January. Goods still not delivered by 27th January. Courier service is worse. Tracking says item is in the van! 2 days! And no way to contact them. Save your money and go to Harvey Norman!
Currys really not serious about looking after customers! We contact currys in advance of ordering an ipad air to get confirmation that if we paid for it online it would indeed arrive and not get caught up in Brexit issues!! We were told categorically that there would be no issues With getting the ipad. O matter if it came dorectly from their Apple ireland source OR Other in UK. Here we are 2 weeks later and not one notification or message to let us know of any issues. Only when we followed it up ourselves did we learn That it WAS on its aay back to UK DEPOT as stopped at customs : ( Rubbish service really and the cheek of Currys to then tell us we would have to wait 14 Further working days For a refund!! Cheeky buggers
Avoid! No response to emails , calls Answered only by machines! Have been waiting for my order for nearly a month now. Very poor customer service! It’s a joke .
Do not buy from them. They are selling from warehouses in the UK, and they are joke of a company. Not ready for Brexit but they take your cash and lie about having stock to deliver within days.
Shocking customer service. Been waiting 7 weeks for an item I was buying for my daughter for Christmas. Was guaranteed delivery within 10 days but no delivery. No communication re the non shipment. Have gone to my local store on 7 occasions since and have been told each time that it was now in stock and would be delivered. I was told 3 times that the store would call me to confirm that it had left the UK but no call received. No way of tracking the status on line and no way of contacting the UK to enquire. Would never order on line from them again.
I marked them as 1 out of 5 but there was no option to give 0. Three weeks late to receive my delivery - appalling customer service line where when you do finally get through to a member of staff, they are not fully trained in how to handle complaints. I waited 1 hr 10 mins on hold to be cut off before the complaint was resolved. I am emailed Currys and still no reply. Custom charges being given to Irish customers ordering off an Irish domain website, and no warning of extra fees. Refused my delivery and shopped in Harvey Norman instead, where I could click and collect the same day. By the reviews on social media, I have very little fate in getting a refund anytime soon. Would never shop here again.
No delivery of item. No customer support. No way of finding out what has happened. Absolute joke of a company.
Bought a Tv from letterkenny county donegal Ireland...Not the Uk England website.......definitely currys.ie .....took the cash from my bank account very quickly indeed. But My TV is coming from the UK England, And is currently stuck there because Currys pc world haven't a feckin clue about Brexit and what to do.....And thinking about phoning them is a waste of time and money because they just don't answer the phone...even emails they don't want to know about them either.....Shocking disgusting company no customer service at all......don't know what is happening with the Tv I bought and indeed if I will ever get it. As I spoke to PDP and was told I probably would have to pay extra money for Duty to get it over from the UK....I have paid €180 +€6 delivery charge to them already.......its ripping people off and it should not be allowed to happen......don't buy anything from currys.ie online it is a scam company not even a Irish company very much Uk England company because everything goes to them in England even the Irish phone number is diverted to the UK......
I placed an order on line and the money was deducted from my bank account. I received an order acknowledgement from a "DO NOT REPLY" mailbox and now I have no idea when it will be delivered. The order tracking does not work and extremely difficult to get through to Customer Service.
Terrible service. They should close their online business. Maybe in shops things are better.
Worst customer services ever spent 4 hours and 10 euro trying to get through when I finally did they hung up as I was quoting the order number absolutely disgraceful the customer services manager needs to be sacked
Don't buy from here. Customer service is mostly useless Waiting a month plus for a refund for an item I never should have received and being charged interest on the purchase. Numerous excuses from customer services and contradicting each other also. Can never speak to someone with the capability to actually process the refund. Scam artists
Went into the Galway Terryland shop yesterday afternoon to buy a laptop for my daughter. After choosing a model and wanting to see it in action, I tried in vain to find a sales assistant to help. I asked a guy with a Samsung shirt on who was typing at a computer if he could assist me when he was free. He told me he worked for Samsung not PC World so was unable to help. After standing around for another ten minutes, I asked a sales assistant who was passing if she could help me when she was finished with her current customers. She told me she did not work with laptops. When I asked in an exasperated tone if anyone was available to help, Mr. Samsung came rushing over and accused me in an agressive tone of voice of being aggressive to the sales assistant. This reduced my 14 year old daughter to tears. Looking down through the other reviews, this shop seems to excel at shockingly bad customer service. Having bad after sales service is one thing but having sales assitants being aggressive towards customers and their children is a new low. From experience, this type of experience usually stems from bad store management management.
I received a damaged laptop i bought online. I rang the customer care and was told somebody would call me back. Never got called back. I sent emails to customer care and received an email back asking for my address and dpd would collect my damaged laptop. I replied with the required info and have heard nothing since. My emails are not being replied to and customer service is in the UK and cannot give me an answer as to what is going on. This is a joke, its 14days now since i received the laptop and sent the first email.
Extremely disappointing service. It couldn't have been more frustrating dealing with late delivery and Currys customer service - Couldn't access a human being who would help resolve undelivered product. Keep being redirected to automated online support which doesn't recognise any of the codes to identify the product that I have been sent by Currys. Still waiting on a delivery. Needed the product for work and bought it online from Currys as the product was listed as 'in stock' and 'Delivered within 7-9 days'. This was not the case. When I went to a Currys store on the high street (which is separate to the online service) the staff found that the product I had ordered online was apparently not in stock and therefore would not be delivered on time. Have tried contacting customer support by phone but keep being redirected to automated messages. The tracking order is not recognised. So unbelievably frustrating, I attempted to make a complaint but this is turning out impossible as this can apparently only be done online - the link to do so is hidden in the terms and conditions - when you click on it you are redirected to a EU commission website for dealing with online disputes - on this website I cannot locate the actual link or page on which to make the complaint. I will most certainly not be using Currys services again.
Much to my regret I will have to add to the many negative comments about the customer service in this store after months of negligence. Please find my experience below: 1)Was purchasing a laptop worth a heavy amount of money. Warranty was explained to cover ALL issues with the laptop. There was no explanation of insurance and/or the difference between the two. The issue of insurance was mentioned to me for the first time in September (10 month after purchase) in the Liffey Valley Store. This is the FIRST sign of NEGLIENCE. 2)Ordered laptop and got told that I would receive a call when it was in. Months passed and I received no call and called the store numerous times and got no answer. Went into the store myself after a few months and got told my laptop had been waiting for months but nobody contacted me. This is the SECOND stage of NEGLIENCE by the Liffey Valley Store staff. 3)Laptop started presenting issues with the screen. I emailed customer services who said my laptop would be accepted for repair. Again, nowhere was there a difference between warranty and insurance mentioned and what this means for me as the customer. This is the THIRD sign of NEGLIENCE from your company. 4) I bring the laptop into the Liffey Valley Store and am told that I will have to pay as it is most likely physical damage. The Store Manager (Amanda) stated the difference between warranty and insurance for the first time and said herself and I quote "Our staff should and always do explain and offer insurance at till point". The fact that this was not done reinstates the FIRST sign of NEGLIENCE as previously mentioned. Amanda's lack of responsibility for her staff mistake of not explaining and or offering insurance at till point is a further sign of NEGLIENCE to the customer. Making it the FOURTH sign of NEGLIENCE. 5) When I was then sending my laptop away I asked that my it be sent in my cover to protect it from further damage. Rojan refused to send it in the protective cover and in fact my laptop arrived back from the UK with further screen lifting damage. This is the FIFTH sign of NEGLIENCE from the company. Good should not be returned in a WORSENED condition. 6) The SIXTH and arguably one of the most DISPICABLE ACTS OF NEGLIENCE was that the staff behind the till were not socially distant and in fact were standing shoulder to shoulder. 7)The SEVENTH act of NEGLIENCE is that I was told that when my laptop arrived to the UK to be looked at for repairs that I would receive a call. I NEVER received a call. 8) The final and ONGOING act of NEGLIENCE is that even though I, as a heavily paying customer, has stated these facts to the store in question and to customer service, there is still a refusing to fix the laptop once off free of charge. I have asked for a call or contact from management and have yet to received one after months of correspondents. As a past and regular customer of the company I must say that I am beyond shocked and disappointed with the company and how they have handled the situation.
Absolute joke of a company. Ordered a IPhone took 2MONTHS for it to arrive. Disgraceful customer service. They don’t even try sort your problem when you call instead they try “transfer” to someone else. They had me waiting 3 HOURS just to talk to someone about my problem no luck . What a useless company same with the employees have no clue what’s going on too. Curry’s gets a solid 1/5 from me. I’d advise any to NEVER order anything online from these clowns.Harvey Norman is a better choice and it’s 2X better than Curry’s.
Currys PC World IE is rated 1.32 based on 73 reviews