Winstanleys Bikes Reviews

of reviewers recommend Winstanleys Bikes

Tell us how Winstanleys Bikes made you happy
This is not a fake review unlike most of these 4-5 star ratings. My order number is 002150386-1. THEY HAVE SWITCHED ALL THEIR PHONES OFF. THIS IS THE WORKSHOP NUMBER 07951 867567. This is a genuine review. Please do not believe any of these 4-5 star ratings. I have sent 300+ emails re my order and they still haven’t delivered. I am now committed to sending them 500+ emails per day and this is the reason why.
I first contacted them several weeks ago asking for advice on a mountain bike and accessories to the value of £1400. Even though it took a while for them to reply I thought I’d stick with them as it was a local, family run business. After placing my order I requested a cyclescheme certificate and forwarded it to them. This is where the real problems started. 1 week after sending my certificate, I contacted them to find out if my bike and accessories where ready for collection as it took 2-3 days for items to be built/despatched. They hadn’t even been order yet my cyclescheme certificate had been cashed. 1st alarm bell. Another week passed and no sign of my bike so I went to the shop. After queuing for an hour I was told my bike hadn’t arrived yet. Could I call back later the next week. Next day, my bike arrives boxed up in pieces with most accessories missing. Another trip to the shop. Another hour queuing I was informed my bike would be ready to collect with all parts fitted later in the day and they would contact me. 2 days later and no contact I went back to the shop. Another wait in the queue I finally got into the shop and was told my bike was ready. As he wheeled it out I could see 4 of the 5 accessories I had bought where missing and the part where due in the next 2 days. I asked if I could leave the bike to which the workshop employee replied “you need to take it. We have no room. You can’t leave it here.”🤷🏼‍♂️ 6 return journeys including one call I received stating 3 of 4 accessories where in the store ready for collection and guess what? I arrive at the store, call the number as required, waited for over an hour as requested as someone was sorting my order and watch customer after customer who arrived after me walk in as I wait outside. Leaving the store raging I get an email saying only 2 of my items are in stock and are ready for collection and I can pick them up any time😂 I’ll follow this on in a few days as this isn’t the half of it. But please please please, do not throw your money into a black hole using this company. You’ve heard of criminals taking advantage during the coronavirus outbreak. Here is one of them.
After loads of emails back and to with Jenn from customer service.Finally got my order sorted last Friday.Bike arrived with few other bits today.All boxed up and well protected.All I can say is that my experience with them has been second to none.With loads of stock being non existent in a lot of places they had time to keep updating me with what was available.
Must say was very worried once order had been place but my own personal view they have been excellent in dealing with my order.
Only hope that the negative reviews are a blip as I was recommended them by a friend.
Thanks.
Have been waiting a month for a mavic rim. I ordered the other parts hub, spokes tyre and tube off ebay shops and received them within a week. Winstanley Bikes said the rim was dispatched on 24 June. It is now 25 July and still a no show. ~Yodel is the courier (which is never a good thing anyway from having experience of their poor performance in the past years). I have sent 2 e-mails over the last week or so, with no reply from Winstanley Bikes. Customer service is non existent and their customer service phone line is now shut. I have asked for a refund in my last e-mail. My last resort will be to get my bank to take the payment back if there is no reply. I feel sorry for anyone who has ordered a bigger item such as a bike and is struggling to get it like me with my rim and a wheel which I can't build! there should be an 0ption for zero stars!
The bike came with no assembly instructions. The gears were all misaligned and the front derailleur needed drastic adjustment. The crank that the pedal is attached to is not stable and wobbles,
So much so that the local bike shop recommended we send this bike back. To date, all our calls and emails have gone unanswered, so we’re left with a brand new bike that is faulty. This is really poor service.
During a time where bikes are hard to get hold of I ordered a bike for my daughters birthday . When I realised it wasn’t going to reach her in time I got a response immediately from the company offering a refund , within 15minutes or requesting one they had arranged this back into my account . I was very impressed & re-assured so much so that when I couldn’t find the bike any quicker anywhere else I re-ordered it with Winstanley & also ordered myself a bike as well :-)
Winstanleys Bikes is rated 2.33 based on 18 reviews