Winstanleys Bikes Reviews

of reviewers recommend Winstanleys Bikes

Tell us how Winstanleys Bikes made you happy
This is not a fake review unlike most of these 4-5 star ratings. My order number is 002150386-1. THEY HAVE SWITCHED ALL THEIR PHONES OFF. THIS IS THE WORKSHOP NUMBER 07951 867567. This is a genuine review. Please do not believe any of these 4-5 star ratings. I have sent 300+ emails re my order and they still haven’t delivered. I am now committed to sending them 500+ emails per day and this is the reason why. I first contacted them several weeks ago asking for advice on a mountain bike and accessories to the value of £1400. Even though it took a while for them to reply I thought I’d stick with them as it was a local, family run business. After placing my order I requested a cyclescheme certificate and forwarded it to them. This is where the real problems started. 1 week after sending my certificate, I contacted them to find out if my bike and accessories where ready for collection as it took 2-3 days for items to be built/despatched. They hadn’t even been order yet my cyclescheme certificate had been cashed. 1st alarm bell. Another week passed and no sign of my bike so I went to the shop. After queuing for an hour I was told my bike hadn’t arrived yet. Could I call back later the next week. Next day, my bike arrives boxed up in pieces with most accessories missing. Another trip to the shop. Another hour queuing I was informed my bike would be ready to collect with all parts fitted later in the day and they would contact me. 2 days later and no contact I went back to the shop. Another wait in the queue I finally got into the shop and was told my bike was ready. As he wheeled it out I could see 4 of the 5 accessories I had bought where missing and the part where due in the next 2 days. I asked if I could leave the bike to which the workshop employee replied “you need to take it. We have no room. You can’t leave it here.”🤷🏼‍♂️ 6 return journeys including one call I received stating 3 of 4 accessories where in the store ready for collection and guess what? I arrive at the store, call the number as required, waited for over an hour as requested as someone was sorting my order and watch customer after customer who arrived after me walk in as I wait outside. Leaving the store raging I get an email saying only 2 of my items are in stock and are ready for collection and I can pick them up any time😂 I’ll follow this on in a few days as this isn’t the half of it. But please please please, do not throw your money into a black hole using this company. You’ve heard of criminals taking advantage during the coronavirus outbreak. Here is one of them.
The bike came with no assembly instructions. The gears were all misaligned and the front derailleur needed drastic adjustment. The crank that the pedal is attached to is not stable and wobbles, So much so that the local bike shop recommended we send this bike back. To date, all our calls and emails have gone unanswered, so we’re left with a brand new bike that is faulty. This is really poor service.
We expected our delivery yesterday and waited in all day. DPD have now returned back to sender but we can’t get hold of Winstanleys Bikes ? They are too busy to answer the phones but how do you get hold of them ? Very frustrating and bad customer service.
Ordered a stock bike, never got any update in time, emailed and no response, phone line is disconnected. Received a phone call from disconnected number only after I raised a Paypal case, offering to send bike. Contacted again but heard nothing back on order. Will have no choice but to claim through paypal. If I'd read the reviews I'd never had ordered, buyer beware, I don't suspect they will be tradaing much longer if this is how they do business in my honest opinion.
After loads of emails back and to with Jenn from customer service.Finally got my order sorted last Friday.Bike arrived with few other bits today.All boxed up and well protected.All I can say is that my experience with them has been second to none.With loads of stock being non existent in a lot of places they had time to keep updating me with what was available. Must say was very worried once order had been place but my own personal view they have been excellent in dealing with my order. Only hope that the negative reviews are a blip as I was recommended them by a friend. Thanks.
WARNING!!! TAKE NOTE OF NEGATIVE REVIEWS!!!!! I purchased a faulty item in December 2020 and was asked to return it so that it could be checked and a refund applied. I paid to return the faulty item and have not heard a word from Winstaneys since, despite chasing. They have used Covid as an excuse to disconnect their phones - despicable - and do not reply to emails unless you are abOut to give them money. Any company that refuses to speak to it's customers is clearing hiding something. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. THEY CANNOT BE TRUSTED AND DON'T GIVE A SH!T ABOUT YOU. THEY HAVE OVER £150 OF MY MONEY.
DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS SHOP, unless you're prepared to be very disappointed. My daughter's bike for her Christmas present arrived with the gears so damaged it is unrideable. The front mudguard is missing and the frame is scratched. There was also a complaint letter in the box from a previous customer rejecting the bike meaning they have sent me a damaged customer return. Don't expect to be able to call them as they don't answer, or get any response via email. I have had to raise a Paypal dispute to try to get a refund whilst trying to source a replacement.
I am reading the rest of these reviews now and feel sick in the out of my stomach. I ordered and paid for an Orbea bike on Nov 7th and I am still waiting for delivery. I am going to have a very disappointed little boy on Christmas morning as not in a position to purchase an alternative. No phone lines to call and only one of my emails have been responded to, no communication since December 3rd when I was told that their purchasing team would be in contact soon. I have been very patient, soon to me would be a few days. Not sure what else I can do apart from ring trading standards.
one word is ..... USELESS , take your money and if you have a problem don't want to know... these are that bad they cut off their phone line so you can't complain .... I have had nothing but problems so much so had to buy a new motor for my bike as this shower of schitt won't help .... you have been warned
Order my Bike in June, still nothing. They have had my money already and can’t be bothered to email back with a delivery date! Can’t get hold of anyone on the phone very disappointed with the terrible customer service!
Terrible customer services, provided a faulty product, then once returned refused any further correspondence they now have the returned bike and my money and absolutely no contact or response to emails. Avoid this terrible company at all costs.
Have been waiting a month for a mavic rim. I ordered the other parts hub, spokes tyre and tube off ebay shops and received them within a week. Winstanley Bikes said the rim was dispatched on 24 June. It is now 25 July and still a no show. ~Yodel is the courier (which is never a good thing anyway from having experience of their poor performance in the past years). I have sent 2 e-mails over the last week or so, with no reply from Winstanley Bikes. Customer service is non existent and their customer service phone line is now shut. I have asked for a refund in my last e-mail. My last resort will be to get my bank to take the payment back if there is no reply. I feel sorry for anyone who has ordered a bigger item such as a bike and is struggling to get it like me with my rim and a wheel which I can't build! there should be an 0ption for zero stars!
Really shocking customer service. Order 2 bikes on the 7th of May no information on when they would be delivered. I understand COVID-19 would have created issues with regards to the supply chain. However we had no communication from the company. You can't phone the company as they have turn the phone off to deal with online enquiries (After over 2 months you would have thought they could sort this out.) I emailed the company after 2 weeks they replied with a delivery date. One bike arrived a few days after the giving date. No sign of the second bike emailed them over 2 weeks ago and heard nothing..... Maybe they have furloughed all the staff if that's the case stop taking order for bike and adding sale items to your site and deal with the backlog.
Please read the reviews. Terrible terrible and unethical ecommerce business. Advertising stock they dont have, denying other retailers the sale, no worthy communications other than 'we dont have your item in stock - oh after I ordered and paid for it.' Just look at the awful rating and reviews. Do not buy from them.
This company has terrible customer service doesn’t answer any emails pop payed over £500 for a bike and nothing no email confirming purchase no reply from emails asking what’s going on and now no reply when asking for a full refund this company is disgusting do not use at all very unhappy
During a time where bikes are hard to get hold of I ordered a bike for my daughters birthday . When I realised it wasn’t going to reach her in time I got a response immediately from the company offering a refund , within 15minutes or requesting one they had arranged this back into my account . I was very impressed & re-assured so much so that when I couldn’t find the bike any quicker anywhere else I re-ordered it with Winstanley & also ordered myself a bike as well :-)
Winstanleys Bikes is rated 1.78 based on 54 reviews