247 Home Rescue Reviews

Parkhill Business Centre, Padiham Road, Padiham

Tell us how 247 Home Rescue made you happy
247 Home Rescue 1 star review on 16th May 2022
Michael
Too boiler cover, and paid first amount. After chasing for weeks for my first boiler service (mind you its not easy to get hold of them), finally i sent them email. now yesterday I receievd email saying I must contact back, when I called stating I am new customer, they picked and now said that my policy was cancelled withut notifing me. Imagine, if I needed this cover....
I had a breakdown policy in my rented flat and when the CP12 was due, 247 sent someone in to carry this out. On arrival the boiler was switched of by the tenant and the 247 employee, could not start the boiler and found that the PCB was faulty. No problem, I stupidly thought, as I had breakdown cover, but was told that it was void, as 247 found the boiler fault. I looked through their T&C's and could not find anything that related to this. I was then asked to pay £248.00 on 22.11.21 to get the boiler manufacturer in to repair the boiler. As we were in the winter months and the property was tenanted, I had no choice but to pay to get the boiler fixed. When the Ideal boiler repairer turned up, he changed the pcb and found that the insulation retainer/ionisation kit product no 171845 had not been changed according to the manufacturers recommendation, so he did this as well. This should have been done when the boiler was previously serviced by 247. The failure of this part could have caused a boiler meltdown and probably in extreme cases a fire. One of the clips had already broken that was holding the insulation, so it was only held by the other clip. I have asked 247 for the section in the T&C's that states "if 247 find a fault on the boiler, the breakdown cover is void" and have not received anything from 247. They have said that there is nothing that can be done as the breakdown was found by their repairer. I have also stated Ideal's comments here "I have however spoken with the engineer who attended and he confirmed that as an engineer working for the manufacturer’s he has a responsibility to check that the ionisation retaining pins are in place; he confirmed that they needed upgrading and would have expected this to have been picked up by the service engineer" This is unacceptable, as I am being charged for a service and it is probably not getting it done or the service staff do not know what they are doing. I have also paid for a breakdown cover, which is a waste of money, as 247 manages to wriggle out of carrying out repairs.
247 Home Rescue 1 star review on 16th May 2022
I have unfortunately been a customer with 247 for some time as a landlord, during which they have changed the price without warning and introduced excesses without warnng. I tried to change to another provider but it turned out 247 provided the service ! I have now got to the point of trying to cancel my policy because I have sold the property. I am now 25 minuites into the call to cancel the policy. It started calmly and culminated in the agent refusing to cancel the policy.They kept offering me 2,then 3,then 4 months free for a flat I don't own ,the conversation went round in circles and ended with me fuming and swaring at him(which I hate myself for) but I was not leaving that call till I had confirmation of cancellation and an email. I do not trust this company- you have to give them 30 days notice ,in the end I have still paid for next month that I dont want.They are unbelievably difficult to extract yourself from,have a none transparent pricing policy and the the service they offer is at best average.BTW you can't cancel by any other means than by telephone.
They did not repair my boiler. Its not real insurance
I had cover for boiler and radiator cover but had a problem with my bleed valve, they said due to it been a single radiator and not more than one radiator then I would have to pay a£75 surcharge , which was reduced down to £35 when I complained, A engineers came out and said he can’t fix this problem and will need another radiator to be installed, this would be sorted by another engineer as he only does boilers! I said while you are here can you service my boiler , which he replied no, as radiator would have to be fixed first, still waiting for a call about my Radiator from another team member, but no one has been in touch as if yet, going to cancel my contract and get a local gas Eng instead, I’ve gonna put this down a poor company which doesn’t deliver on what they say.😡
The odd thing about reviews is everything on trust pilot shows 5 star.. Hmmmm something dodgy going on on trust pilot I suspect
Not happy at all..wanted to cancel my policy due to money issues as I wasn't working they told me that I couldn't cancel as it was a contract..they then said they can do it for a less fee to which I said no..will not be using this company again, will also tell my family and friends not to use this company..
Appalling!!! I have paid premiums forever and when I have a legitimate claim, they try to weasel right out. The Boiler Service conducted by 247 identified a fault that is covered by the Boiler Breakdown. They insist that the engineer's comment: "Report to Insurer" IS sufficient rectification and therefore the actual fix that is covered by the Breakdown contract, would be deemed 'remedial'. Now they want to charge a premium for something that is covered under the contract😖. Of course I'm cancelling the contract and looking for a local independent engineer to maintain the property.
Absolutely terrible service. I complained, as the gas engineer was incompetent only to be ignored by them. I ended up having to pay for another gas safety engineer to carry out my service and restore the boiler.
I have been trying to book a boiler service for the past 3 months, each time I contact the customer service line I am told a local engineer will contact me to arrange an appointment, this never happens. This has happened before at a previous address and in the end had to cancel the contract without a service or any re-inbursement. this is terrible service.
This 247 home rescue is bad company I took this cover to cover my boiler and have it service I call twice to book for annual service they tell me sub contractor covering my area and it take them two months no one called me and I keep cheesing them up if they didn’t by end of this month I will cancel my policy and go for decent company like Homeserve than this unknown company jus want to take money and provide no service
Just pd £95 for someone to come today, water leaking from boiler?? Had tel call to say they will come MONDAY ......... We are both 68, hubby having cancer treatment and I am waiting for cardiogy appt..have asthma..
I rang today about leaking boiler and that it had tripped the electrics. I have turned it off. I answered thier questions honestly. I have a 73 year old who is now out of self isolation from Covid, but still testing positive. I’m told they can not send out an engineer due to this and there they are happy for us to have no heating and cold water. Even though we have a home emergancy. They obviously do not live up to thier name!! How can they be allowed to do this?
Constant nagging to get a new boiler, had a service, engineer decides to condemn the boiler with a very dubious fault stating the PCB boards on my particular model were now a fire risk. I contacted the manufacturer and they had never heard of the fault also had second opinion from another engineer who also had never heard of the fault. Thereby came the hard sell to buy a new boiler from them and I couldn't cancel the policy because I had had there boiler service. Complete and utter scam artists avoid at all costs
please do NOT use this organisation. they are useless through and through. my boiler was working until they serviced it and afterwards it cost me £268 to fix even though some arrogant upstart told me it was beyond economical repair and tried to get me to buy a new one. the customer service is non existent with no one senior to speak to other than lowly call centre people in india who were reading from a script. we had no heating or hot water over xmas and i was offered £50 compensation. Utterly utterly shambolic - i am raising it with the FCA - Homeserve all over again
I have had a terrible experience with 247 and would n ot recommend their services to anyone. There have been several issues but the icing on the cake today when I was told they had no note of me cancelling and even if they had they would have charged me anyway. Extremely unhappy with their poor service.
Paying for cover which was sold as unlimited call outs parts and labour, service engineer came to do annual service on my 1 year old boiler only to find the competent engineer  had not put the pressure back into the boiler, called them back to seek support advised & that i wanted to cancel was told as i had someone round for annual service therefore i could not cancel due to t&c's. I was advised i will need to cancel 30days before my renewal and my policy was only covering me in the event of a TOTAL FAILURE, soo i felt mis informed by the sales advisor!
So far so good . Harpreet is excellent , polite and gentle . V impressive
We had an engineer round to service our 2yr old boiler which was otherwise in good working order. A few hours after servicing, boiler completely stopped working. We phoned 247 and the same engineer turned up. Clueless and unhelpful. He kept apologising and it was obvious he knew this was all his fault. He said they would have to call an electrician but 247 insist we would pay for it as we have not purchased electrical cover!!! A useless company that does not take responsibility when they have obviously done something wrong. Either way, no electrician has turned up. This is 3am and we are all shivering. Second day without heating in this horrendous weather with young children in the house. Avoid 247 at all costs. We are taking this up. You are not getting away with this!!
Very pleasant engineer he has been to my property before
Dear Carol, Thanks for sharing this review. We’re proud of the service that our engineers deliver and are really pleased to read your thoughts. Thanks for being a 247 Home Rescue customer. Kind Regards, 24|7 Home Rescue.
247 Home Rescue is rated 4.18 based on 299 reviews