Barclaycard Reviews

of reviewers recommend Barclaycard

Tell us how Barclaycard made you happy
Barclaycard 1 star review on 19th April 2022
Not Using Barclay Ever Again
Barclaycard 1 star review on 9th November 2021
Iain Sanders
Barclaycard 1 star review on 1st February 2021
Frank
Barclaycard 1 star review on 6th November 2020
Barclays
I have never seen such poor customer service. Long wait times, agents who are unable to speak the language, and zero follow-through. Somehow their supervisors are never available for assistance. Absolutely run from this company.
Barclays AARP mastercard is a complete nightmare. I’ve never missed a payment ever. But every month barclays puts a 7 day hold on funds from my payment. Even though this payment has cleared my bank within a day of transaction. Every month I have to call to get hold removed. And every month I’m on hold for up to an hour. Two months ago a supervisor took care of payment hold and promised this would not happen again. Two months later I’m back to having my payment, made from chase bank previous AARP card carrier, put on payment hold. This is ridiculous. I don’t even use the card now. I just make the monthly payments. This company is a JOKE!
Impossible to get through on the telephone, even if anxious about potential fraud. At what point do you just give up and accept they are not going to answer your call? Horrible, horrible customer service. Shame on you, Barclaycard.
I'm so frustrated with this bank! I send thousands of dollars a day with my business but I can't get anyone to help me. The social media goes to some derelict with a cigarette in his mouth as the profile picture. I call for a new card because it was fraudulently used and their system is updating and I have to call back for days at a time never being able to get my card canceled meanwhile this as$hole can spend more because their systems updating. There is too much to mentioned but Im taking my money elsewhere this bank is so BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Worst card ever! I had fraudulent charges hit my card. I submitted an investigation. Unfortunately that alone took nearly an hour on phone. At that time, I requested to have my card cancelled. They failed to cancel my card or reverse the fraudulent charges. I continue to be charged. Each time I call (monthly), I am on the phone for a hour, yet nothing ever gets resolved.
Telephone service is very poor: I had to shout at high volume to see the automated entity to understand my simple answer of YES. Made me angry to have to do so. Once I was on the line with supervisor David — why don't they properly identify themselves with ID number and the full slate of employee identification? ... another issue reflecting poor business practices — I was hung up on, or the line was disconnected. Given that we were in a contentious dynamic in the conversation, he either deliberately hung up on me or the line got disconnected. If the disconnect was through no fault of his own, I should reasonably expect a call back. That didn't happen. So, by default, I'm led to conclude that supervisor David did indeed hang up on me. I have a litany of user complaints that augment this brief synopsis, but bottom line: this is the worst credit card company that I have ever dealt with BOTH regarding a significant pattern of login problems and non-responsiveness of customer service people once you manage to get them on the line. P.S. -- as I was about to submit this form, it froze up for a couple of minutes such that I was nearly at the point of giving up on completing this form. Yet another system glitch? You decide. They have many. I'm ready to throw in the towel notwithstanding the credit profile hit that ensues. What is American Airlines doing with such a poor-performing bank?
Poor company with staff that are worse. Hung up on me Would not put me through to management Avoid at all costa
WORST CREDIT CARD SERVICE PROVIDER IN THE WORLD, STAY AWAY!!. CLOSED MY ACCOUNT AFTER THERE WAS A MISTAKE DONE ON THEIR BEHALF. I was on autopay with a balance of 3k. Barclay posted a payment of 6k to my account so i had 3k in credit. Therefore 3k in credit, autopay payments had stopped for that reason. 4months later they take that money back, and now im late in payments. They found no errors on their part making it my fault thst y i didnt pay attention to my account. It AFFECTED MY CREDIT SCORE DRAMATICALLY‼️‼️
Reduced credit limit, because my balance was too high. So, I payed it off and stopped using it. Now they want to cancel because I don’t use it enough. I have never had a credit card company do any of this before. My credit score is excellent. Never will I get a Barclays card again! Never!
My wife had her Credit card stolen and Barclays refused to return the money that was illegally charged to us. They assumed she had the credit card with her when the purchase was made even though there was a police report. When talking to the 'Help desk' they did not realise that a PIN was not necessary in THE USA whereas it is in Europe
Barclays credit card is the worst card to obtain. I had fraudulently activity. I contacted the fraud department. The agreed that activities were indeed fraud. The following month, the same activities appear on my statement. I asked what my balance was. Closed the account, wrote a check for what they said I owed. ACCOUNT CLOSED… two months later I’m being billed for a closed account… these people are totally incompetent. Do not use this credit card company! Awful. 3 hours on hold… Warren Yardley
Have Barclays Wyndam card. Sign on bonus point offer very good. Have encountered a horrible experience in disputing a non delivery of an order with company going out of business. Almost two months post filing of dispute,with no account credit. Scripted response of still under investigation,no explanation as to delay or possible resolution?!
Ive been using this account for more than 5 years believing there is no extra charges as long as you are paying the payments on time without any delay, and when I check my account i realized that there is $50 coming out every single week added in the total amount without letting me know, and when i talked to them they just apologized that they can not waive these fees as it turns out that they have limited offers only to waive the fees, !!!!! which is exactly not stating that in their contract, i'm going to pay my amount and close this scam account ASAP and I do not recommend anyone to deal with them.
When I went in this morning to check my app while on a call with Amazon about an order, I had to answer two security questions to "prove" who I was. Then the same thing repeated itself 5 times! When I called customer service to get an explanation for why this was happening, to say the least, I was highly dissatisfied with the attempts at an explanation. One time the word "normal" even came up in connection with what was happening. One customer service representative said that there were problems in the system for the last 3 or 4 weeks, which I understood could be the source of the problem. On a later call the customer assistant said, upon searching, he could find no information concerning my issue. He could not tell me when it might stop. I got only what seemed to be guesses. With no sense that the matter would be resolved, and fearing that other problems that might occur in the future, would be handled similarly, meaning no real resolution, I called customer service, paid off my balance, and closed my account!
There is NO customer service. There were 4 fraudulent charges on my account totaling nearly $400. I tried calling the "vendor" and the phone number was bogus. So I called Barkleys (Jet Blue credit card) and I was told I needed to call the "vendor". Duh. I was told someone from Barclays would get back to me, which they didn't. After 3 months of phone calls, waiting on hold, written correspondence, etc Barclays sent me a letter that they were closing the case because I hadn't given the "vendor " adequate time to respond. At this point I was so frustrated i gave up.
on hold for 1 hour and 56 minutes for a fraudulent alert that i wouldn't have known about had i not logged into my account. Once someone finally answered, they stated their system was down and could not access my account.. Wow!!!!!! I'm never using my card again! too many other options out there!
Barclaycard 1 star review on 19th April 2022
Barclay has double charged me $500 for an item purchased from an online retailer who provided proof that the 2nd charge was voided. Barclay still refuses to give me my money back. It's now been 13 months and I'm still fighting with them.
Had the most disgusting customer service representative who legit hung up on me and did not at all listen to my concerns.
Waiting to talk to someone just to let them know my change of address, waited 36 minutes never ever again Terrible just disgusting servive
Extremely angry with Barclaycard, their app crashes making it impossible to pay your bill and do your banking. Their hold times are an hour and every time you call you get cut off. I’ve just spent FOUR HOURS trying to get through to them just to pay my bill because their app and site crashes. They are infuriating and I will be cancelling my accounts with them as soon as they answer the phone!
Barclaycard is rated 1.17 based on 266 reviews