Brightside Reviews

of reviewers recommend Brightside
Read Brightside Reviews

About Brightside:

Depression is different for everyone. The right treatment is, too.

Partner with a doctor who understands your needs, personalizes your treatment, and sticks with you.

Your Brightside membership includes medication delivery and check-ins with your doctor whenever you need them, all from the comfort of home.

Still in the early stages
Hi, Dr. Figg has really tried to help me but the meds are making me worse, not better. I am also now gaining weight, and I eat very little. This makes me more depressed. Please take me off Brightside. It just isn’t working for me though I think your service is amazing and I am sure it works for most people. Thank you, Zubet
Still feel the same even after 4 weeks .
I think it's great in concept with some room for improvement. Your service seems to predominately focus on depression/anxiety and not much room for anything else. My main issue is dealing with my ADHD, which most of the drugs aren't available through your service. Additionally all of the questionnaires are hyper focused on depression and anxiety and it skews the results as when I'm answering these questions, I'm answering in relation to my ADHD and the results think I'm extra depressed or anxious because I'm fidgety or irritable when those are simply symptoms of ADHD. I wish your service could expand its scope to be more inclusive of other mental disorders beyond depression and anxiety.
While quick access to medication is great, and my doctor is very helpful and accessible, the CBT lessons are sort of useless without accountability. I've also been paying for my medication through my insurance, and have never actually gotten meds shipped. I guess I thought the service would actually connect me with a therapist as well, but that's not the case. I'll be unsubscribing this month after I see a local physician.
Needs to have video sessions with therapists
Very helpful. But I wish the cbt was more in depth. I'm still getting used to my treatment but like I said better than before !
Good website and easily accessible.
This app has really helped me because I could do everything I needed to do in the comfort of my own home. Plus it’s affordable
Very overpriced just for medication prescriptions...
I feel better. The medicine I was prescribed works great. The website still needs some work. I am unable to view messages from my provider and I am unable to send messages or questions during the process that isn't involving "check ins". Its a lot of money a month and I thought I'd have more access to my doctor. All in all, I feel less depressed and I'm getting my life back. The extra stuff is just extra
It’s really expensive for what’s offered. I could get these scripts for 18 bucks a month.
It is very impersonable and hard... I like my doctor but I’ve had no change in how I feel, and am feeling pretty sad. Wish there was a way to redo your check ins too it seems like once you put it through it won’t let you change it. Like the anxiety tab hasn’t let me redo that in weeks. Overall I like it in that at least it’s better than nothing.
its hard to follow up with the doctor but its nice to get brain drugs so fast
Not the most open communication with doctor somewhat predetermined algorithm for meds you might not want. Easy to start medication without having to schedule psych appointments months in advance. Great friendly doctor seems to genuinely care about my mental well being. I'm not sure I'm at a point of trust with technology that I want to let algorithms decide what meds I need instead of the doctor talking to me about what I believe might be best. First prescription took a fairly long time to receive but the refills are early and easy, even though they all come in separate packages on different days. Also-when I get a check up email survey there's an animation of a graph that's going downwards. I would feel that I'm trying to work my way up from the low point of my depression and not vise versa. Would make a lot more sense to reverse the animation direction
Thanks for your feedback, Dmytro. We take it seriously and are committed to everyone having a great experience on Brightside. Just to clarify, our algorithm evaluates your information relative to evidence and makes a suggestion to the doctor as to what medication is likely to work best for you. Your doctor than considers that along with other things they may learn about you in your consultation, to determine your treatment plan. The doctor is still the expert here, but the algorithm helps them understand what the evidence suggests.

When we treat depression and anxiety, we're really looking at reducing elevated symptoms associated with these conditions. The standard measures generally go up from 0 for low symptoms to 21 (anxiety) or 27 (depression) for high symptoms. So, in this case going down means reducing symptoms and making positive progress. We'll check in and make sure that's clear in the email.

Best wishes on your path and please let us know if there is anything else we can do to be helpful.
It’s too expensive for what’s truly offered.
Just awaiting the full amount of time for the medication to do its work on depression. My will power is strong though and I will persist.
I wish I had an easier time contacting my doctor without using forms exclusively. He changed my dosage and im having trouble navigating to get ahold of him for an early refill.
I’m thankful for the access this has provided me to be able to seek help medically. I am still in my first prescription so it’s hard for me to tell if it’s helping, but I think it is. My doctor has been helpful, but I feel like I need to be able to talk about my problems in longer sessions. There’s a lot I need to talk to someone about that I just am unable to in my life, and having someone to discuss concerns with would really make me feel less crazy.
Thanks for your feedback, Karley. It's of course a great idea to find someone to talk to in longer sessions about what's going on in your life - this can be an important part of working through things. But, whether online or in person, doctors aren't generally the right fit for this. We recommend finding a therapist to talk to and would be glad to recommend solutions online or in person that might help.
I like my doctor and the medication she prescribed is really working for me (I've taken it before so I already knew it works for me). It bothers me that I can't communicate with her easily, when all I want to do is ask a simple text-based question or update her on my progress in a way that your automated questions aren't capable of capturing. I plan to stop using Brightside and see a doctor in person in a few months when doing so works better with my schedule. As an aside, I would be willing to pay more per month for the option to actually communicate via email or skype with a doctor, but I can see how the optics of that aren't great.
Thanks for your feedback, Susannah. We hear you and see where you're coming from on this. We are actively working on making it easier to message with your doctor about small questions or updates. Please keep an eye out for this in the near future and we'd love to hear your feedback one you have the chance to use it.
Brightside is rated 4.55 based on 277 reviews