Brightside Reviews

91% of reviewers recommend Brightside

About Brightside: Depression is different for everyone. The right treatment is, too.

Partner with a doctor who understands your needs, personalizes your treatment, and sticks with you.

Your Brightside membership includes medication delivery and check-ins with your doctor whenever you need them, all from the comfort of home.

"I’ll probably be switching services simply because paying $95 a month for a $5 RX is absurd."
We're sorry you feel that way, Logan. Keep in mind that your Brightside membership includes a doctor monitoring your care at every step of the way. Each time you complete a check in or request a review, the doctor is reviewing your progress and can take any necessary action to ensure you're getting the best outcome. These things are constantly happening in the background and if your treatment is on track, you may not see them because no action may be required. The $95/mo covers not only medication and shipping, but also this dedicated, expert care and the digital tools on Brightside. The reason we follow this approach is that research shows it leads to better outcomes. We believe $95 is a great value for quality and level of service our members get. While it is possible to find a lower price with in person care (if you have insurance), it also most often includes much lower touch, less expert, and unfortunately less effective, care.
"I’m really grateful that brightside exists. I don’t have health insurance and thought addressing and caring for my mental health was outside of my reach. Without brightside I’d be in a really bad place right now. Thank you."
"Very convenient and straightforward care"
"CBT lessons aren't as helpful as I was expecting. Would like them to be more engaging."
"Wasn't informed of a shipping error so medication was delayed by 2 weeks."
"I have had very good luck with you guys and am so happy I have this option. My only criticism is I wish there was more to the dashboard. I wish I could be able to write my doctor an email when something is going good or bad or when I have a question."
"I like the convenience of the service."
"I think a little more information about side effects would be good, but it has been great for me so far."
"Brightside is convenient and affordable. I like the skill kit lesson as a supplement to my medication."
"I like most of the things about it. I don't like how little human interaction there is; even for an online help source. I thought I would be talking to a doctor at least once a month."
"Works great"
"Everything is very streamlined except for the lack of 1-on-1 communication between doctor and patient. There’s not really any way for me to chat with a doctor about medication questions or dosage concerns one on one without going through a re-evaluation."
"I like how easy it was to get started with Brightside. It felt safe and comfortable. However, I do wish Brightside took insurance for the medication--this would make it much, much, more affordable for me."
"I’ve approved quickly since using bright side, and the convenience and pricing makes it less intimidating than seeking a more traditional route to psychiatry. Only downsides I’ve found is if you’re having a problem with your meds or are experiencing side effects, getting access to your doctor is done in a very roundabout way, if there was more of direct line of access between me and my doctor (like maybe a chat room? Or an emailing system ) between appointments that’d be great"
"Nice program. It’s hard for me to make myself utilize the tools but I am trying. I just have a lot of work stress. I get lazy and do y always use the skills thank you"
"I’m feeling better and that’s what matters to me"
"Brightside has been a miracle for me. I wish it was just slightly less expensive! even ten dollars knocked off would be amazing"
"I am very thankful to have found Brightside. I have suffered from anxiety and depression for several years, but due to lack of health insurance, could not get treatment. Brightside has provided me with a treatment for the first time in my life and I am very grateful. The reason I am giving Brightside 4/5 stars is because I found my video call with the physician somewhat unpleasant. I felt judged for not being in a major depressive state at that EXACT moment, I was talked over, and did not feel heard. This physician may not be the best person to have interacting with patients with mental health issues."
Thank you for sharing your feedback, Alexandra. Brightside doctors are depression experts who use the latest tools and really care about each patient - it sounds like your experience was not consistent with that. We are looking into it and will message you directly with an update. You should always feel safe, comfortable, and supported with Brightside and get the care you need.
"This service has provided me what I need for mental health care at a reasonable price and in my situation, I was able to obtain treatment for my depression without my abusive family finding out."
Brightside is rated 4.52 based on 77 reviews