Curology Reviews

of reviewers recommend Curology
Read Curology Reviews

hello@curology.com

Tell us how Curology made you happy
I like the product but their customer service is horrendous. They don’t have a customer service phone line so you have to email them and wait at least 1-3 days to hear back on a simple question. But the really frustrating part is that they DO NOT LISTEN to the questions you’re asking in your email to customer service. So you just get some copy/pasted answer (which I would be fine with if they answered my questions) that has nothing to do with what you want to know and asked. Then I have to answer their email with the same question and wait another 1-3 days to maybe get an answer to it the second time around. That happened in the most recent emails I sent to customer service so now for a third time I get to wait 1-3 days for an answer (hopefully) to the original question I asked. This time around I’ve now been waiting 8 days for an answer to my original question. And I’m still waiting. Not the first time either. I wouldn’t recommend them solely on the basis of their customer service. Spend your money elsewhere.
This genuinely ruined my skin. I went on this because I was seeing some breakouts and thought this would help both knock those out and get rid of acne scars from past breakouts. I'm too scared to post progress photos on the website, but my acne had never gotten so bad in my life. This wasn't just a "purging" period, either: I was getting borderline cystic acne. It was so painful and left such bad scarring. I stuck with Curology for two months and my face just continued to get worse and worse. My self confidence was lower than I think it's ever been, and I refused to take pictures of myself because it just made me more upset. I brought up these concerns in a questionnaire that Curology sent me, and nothing was changed. About a week after I stopped using Curology, I began to see improvements, and so did the people around me. I'd have friends tell me "Oh, your forehead looks so much clearer than before!" or "Your skin looks so much better!" This product is overpriced and overhyped. Also, on their website, they provide reviews from other sites, and all the sites they use have overwhelmingly positive reviews. However, when I look at other review sites, the reviews are much more mixed. If they really wanted to be honest with their customers, they'd have their own review section on their website, or actually provide accurate depictions of the reviews they receive online.

If Curology has worked for you, I'm very happy for you. But if your acne is not extremely severe, and you're looking for something to improve your skin, I'd stay away from this and either consult your dermatologist or just try some over the counter things (or both. both is good). Good luck with your skincare, I hope it goes well for you!!
I had very mild acne and wanted to clear it up with this product, but instead it DESTROYED my skin. My acne is worse than it has ever been in my life. They claim your skin "purges" at first, but it's been 8 weeks and it is still continually getting worse. 10/10 would not recommend.
Hi Erica,

I'm SO sorry that you have been unhappy with Curology. I understand how frustrating that could be.

You are correct, purging is not uncommon when starting new prescription skincare products like Curology.

You can read more on purging here: https://curology.com/guides/skincare/purging/

Your Medical Provider is also a great source for information, so I'd recommend messaging them! If you feel that the purging has lasted longer than necessary, they can either provide suggestions or formula change if needed.

I hope this helps! 💜

Victoria & The Team @ Curology
I have been finding what appears to be glass shards in the customized formula. I’ve used tretinoin for years and never experienced this...and the tubes last much longer... so I it probably isn’t due to the product being old. When nearing the end of the product in the curology product I removed the top and used a Qtip to get more product and there are more shards. Does quality control not notice this? I’m skeptical about what else is in this.
Hi Leigh,

Thank you for letting us know about the consistency of your formula. At times, components of the formula may undergo crystallization due to external factors, and this may be the case with your bottle.

Please reach out to your Curology medical provider about this. They will be able to offer a more detailed explanation and provide you with next steps. 💜

Victoria & The Team @ Curology
I've tried it for several reasons, and it is not working still trying to cancel my subscription which is a nightmare! Nope, this maybe good for zits but don't waste your time and money on it for anything else, my dermatologist actually looked at the prescription and said it was garbage.
Hi,

I'm so sorry that you've had trouble canceling, please feel free to message our support team at support@curology.com and they'll be happy to help you!

Our formulas are dermatologist made, and clinically proven. However, if you are unhappy or do not like your current formula, you can also request a different one from your dermatology provider.

Your dermatology provider is your best resource and is more than happy to help you find something that will work for you.

I've also forwarded your email to our team, hope this helps! 💜

Victoria & The Team @ Curology
I recommend this to everyone. This was the only thing to clear up my adult acne.
I’m in love with these products. The face wash, moisturizer and my prescription are all amazing. Great quality. The only reason I’m not giving it 5 stars is because I’m still waiting on my order to be delivered. It is supposed to arrive on the 7th but it was shipped out on the 30th & I just ran out of products (the 5th) tonight. I’m hoping it gets here tomorrow. Also, the first prescription product I received, the pump was broken.
Hi CC,

I'm so glad that you've been enjoying Curology! I'm so sorry for the delay in delivery, and the pump issue.

Hopefully, your package will arrive soon. If it doesn't arrive by end of the day today, please feel free to message our support team at support@curology.com and they'll be more than happy to help locate it! 💜

Victoria & The Team @ Curology
I am not satisfied in any way with the company. To start with, their products are overrated, when I started with the trial my skin was clear, but then it broke out again; it continued to have a cycle, just like it did prior to using their products.
Secondly, their “in depth” Survey for your skin has a minimal amount of questions, and didn’t even have the options I needed for my skin type, which leads me to believe that they don’t formulate a product specifically for you and your skin, like all of the adds say. I think they have them pre-made to fit the answers, therefore it’s not fully customizable.
Thirdly, their customer service is horrid—this is coming from a girl who’s father is a businessman and knows customer service better than most—I was one day late canceling my subscription, because I was on vacation, and when I reached out and explained my mistake, they didn’t give me any sort of refund or even a discount, what their customer service email virtually said, summed up, was; “your mistake, live with it.”
Not impressed with anything about the brand, I feel like I was ripped off big time, and was dealt unjustly.
Hi Gwen,

I hate to hear that your experience with Curology was less than what you had hoped it would be. I understand that frustration.

We truly do believe in our products, but know they might not work for every one. Our providers work hard to create a formula based on your skin concerns and needs, but know that we cannot compound an infinite number of formulas and we take great care in testing our formulas before sharing them with members.

Regarding your support experience, I will absolutely share your feedback with the team. I apologize that was your experience with our team! 💜

Victoria & The Team @ Curology
AWFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE!! Charged my account and still haven't been able to get into contact with them!! Website is AWFUL to read and is a total rip off of money for the small amounts you recieve. The only reason people buy this is because of the influencers who get paid so much money by them!! Fing awful. Do not support this company.
I started getting acne at age 15. It wasn’t like intense cystic acne but it was still not great to live with. I started Curology after trying a ton of different products for years. I went to a dermatologist when I was 17 who first recommended 10% benzoyl peroxide wash (which destroyed my skin because I wasn’t told what type of moisturizer I should use with this too), Clindamycin (orally) and Doxycycline (orally). All of this did not really help, and the antibiotics made me feel terrible and depressed. I tried every top rated product you could think of for acne (proactive, etc) and spent probably thousands of dollars at Sephora. I finally caved into trying Curology at age 25 in October 2019 and it has legitimately changed my skin. I have a combo of Azelic Acid, Clindamycin and Niacinamide. I noticed a difference after about 3 days. I use it all over my face every night + morning with a Vitamin B serum and Kiehls lotion. If I ever forget to use it and feel a zit coming on, Curology stops it immediately. My skin has never been better in 10 years!!!!!! I am completely zit free at this very moment. I know maybe it won’t work for everyone - but if you were like me, and you tried EVERYTHING possible but nothing really worked, give this a try. I’ve now got my roommate hooked on it too who saw results in just 3 days like myself. Thank you to the Curology team for creating something that actually works.
Hi Becca,

I'm so sorry you had to through all of those products with no avail, I understand how frustrating that must have been.

I'm SO glad that Curology has helped clear your skin. Thank you for telling your roommate about us, I hope you both continue having an amazing skincare journey! 💜

Victoria & The Team @ Curology
I had the worst breakout last year and spend $$$ on everything and anything to clear my skin. I finally decided to try Curology and it was the best decision I’ve made for my skin. It instantly helped redness and irritation and within 4 months my skin is free of acne. Ofcourse with some scars, hyperpigmentation and period pimples are inevitable. My provider has been so helpful! She gives me advices and recommendations on how to take care of my skin and I am so thankful. Not only do I save money on skin products but also simplified my skin routine.
Hi Kathleen,

That's amazing to hear! I hope you continue having an amazing skincare journey, and thank you SO much for choosing us for it. 💜

Victoria & The Team @ Curology
Curology is by far the worse product for someone who has little to mild breakouts.
I thought I’d try it out to help get rid of occasional breakouts but it just worsen the acne even more. I started breaking out in areas I haven’t had acne in a long time. They say, it’s normal for the skin to “purge” the impurities and should go away in a few months- which I trusted...but after 4 months of trying and my skin just worsening, I call BS! Utterly disappointed.
Hi,

I'm so sorry that you've been experiencing more breakouts!

Your provider is your best resource, so I would suggest reaching out to them, as they would be more than happy to offer suggestions, or change your formula if needed. 💜

Victoria & The Team @ Curology
Curology made my skin break out really bad and after I stopped using it I got bumpy patches of scars that never go away. My skin is terrible, before it was like 5 pimples.
Hi,

I'm sorry about your experience, I understand how frustrating that can be!

It's common to have an "initial breakout" when beginning prescription acne treatment, and your provider will be happy to give you suggestions! You can contact them here: https://curology.com/contact

I hope this helps! 💜

Victoria & The Team @ Curology
Curology worked for me!! I can’t say it will work for everyone... but my acne had gotten out of control and was only getting worse so I tried curology and saw results within a couple of month and I used it for about 7 or 8 months and now I am so much more confident with my skin!! I was worried that when I stopped using the product my acne would come back but it did not. I still get 2 or 3 zits a week but they go away quickly and are not painful as they were in the past. Thank you curology!!!!
Hi Kate,

I'm SO glad that Curology helped you feel more confident in your skin! Keep glowing, and thank YOU for choosing us on your skincare journey.💜

Victoria & The Team @ Curology
I've been using Curology for about 3 - 4 months now. I've tried to treat my own acne through store-bought products but nothing ever seemed to work. I was skeptical of Curology but after reading reviews I decided to give it a shot. The products they recommended to me in my treatment plan did not have the usual acne-fighting ingredients you find in store-bought products (e.g. salicylcic acid or benzoyl peroxide). Within just 3 weeks I started to see results from the Curology treatment plan! I haven't seen my skin so even-toned, smooth, and breakout-free since before puberty. This stuff is such a life-changer. For the first time in 12 years I feel comfortable not wearing makeup in public. My one and only complaint is that I usually run out of one bottle before receiving my next shipment. However, I usually only run out 2 days prior to the shipment.
Hi Jasmine,

This is amazing to hear! I hope you continue having an amazing skincare journey. 💜

Victoria & The Team @ Curology
So disappointing. I could actually see my skin clearing up the moment I stopped using this product. Do yourself a favor and just see a dermatologist because this stuff doesn’t work.
Hi L.C,

I'm so sorry that you weren't happy with your Curology results!
I understand how frustrating that must be.

While we work for many, Curology might not be the best fit for everyone.

I'm glad your skin cleared up, and I'm once again I'm sorry that you didn't get results you wanted! 💜

Victoria & The Team @ Curology
I did not remember signing up for an automatic renewal of my curology subscription and when they took money out of my account I was shocked waking up. I emailed their customer support at 7 in the morning asking to cancel the order. At 5 PM the order had shipped and was on its way and an email followed with a customer service representative telling me there was nothing they could do. This being my third curology order, the past two took days to ship so I believe this was intentional. What everybody says about the amount not lasting the full month is entirely true and a two-month bottle lasted me a month being frugal. Very disappointed in the ethics displayed by this company.
Hi Breanna,

So sorry to hear that you were less than satisfied.

Curology is a subscription service which is why we do have you select a plan for going forward after your trial. We also require a 48 hour notice to cancel postpone a shipment (as once it starts processing, we cannot reverse it!).

We also try to be very transparent about the amount in the bottles and share that amount on the outside of every product.

With that said, I really do appreciate this feedback and will be sending it to our team! 💜

Victoria & The Team @ Curology
Not worth it! I’ve been using curology for abt 3 months now and I’ve notice there’s glass like shards in the customized cream bottle (both free trial and monthly package). They would show up after using it for 2-3 weeks and I’m pretty sure it not part of exfoliation or whatsoever. The particles are transparent and pretty sharp, they’re big enough to be felt scraping on my face.
Hi,

Thank you for letting us know about the consistency of your formula, and I'm so sorry you're experiencing this!

Victoria @ The Team @ Curology
I’ve been using Curology for a year now and my skin has got much better over time. I was having breakouts on my cheeks and forehead and dealing with old acne scars as well. I kept my Curology skin advisor updated with pictures over time and we tried different formulas until I got really close to the results I wanted. I love this product and it has saved my skin. Thank you Curology. 💜
Hey Raha,

SO glad that Curology's has helped you with your stubborn acne! Also, thank you so much for being patient until you found the formula that was right for you!

I hope you continue having an amazing skincare journey! 💜

Victoria & The Team @ Curology
I recently purchased this product. The product itself is good. But the company's business practices are dishonest. They sell their products in increments in 30-day and 60-day supplies. If you follow the usage instruction the product should last 30 or 60 days depending on which product you purchase. I used their product based on their instructions. I ran out of active product a week earlier. My cleanser and cream last only 1/3 of the time. In other words, we are buying 30 and 60 day supplies, but they are sending 3 week and 6 week supplies. On their website the advertise the early renewal of their product. When I contacted them to let them know i ran out early, they told me it was based on my usage. If my usage is in accord with their instructions I shouldn't have run out early. In other words, they sell you one thing, but send you something else to artificially increase their sales. This is wrong and may be fraud on the consumer. It is very unfortunate because the product is decent, but I cannot purchase product from a company that takes advantage of its customers.
Hi!

We do display the amount of product in all our bottles on the outside - and fill them accordingly. That said, everyone uses a different amount and might run out in various timeframes.

I’m sorry to hear that yours ran out early, but we are honestly not attempting to deceive our consumers. If you have any other questions about this you can always follow up with our support team or your provider directly! 💜

Curology is rated 4.45 based on 1,123 reviews