eFoam Reviews

Read eFoam Reviews

0800 0439990

info@efoam.co.uk

Unit 20 Barton Ind ParkEtruria Way

Tell us how eFoam made you happy
Wrong order sent! Sponge was only half the size from what we’ve ordered!
“Free” pillow (considering the order was over £150) was also forgotten!
Package was wrapped in a single sheet of plastic and by the time it reached us, coroners were damaged and the sponge was muddy and black.
When I’ve contacted them to get the mistake rectified I did receive a quick response. I was asked to send them the photos, which I’ve done on the same day. After about 10 days and another two emails I’ve called their offices only to be told I’ve used the wrong subject title????? How is that possible when I’ve already exchanged emails prior to that with the same subject line?
Finally they have arranged a pick up date for the wrong order and have said they will not send my correct order until they receive their sponge back.
Surely having received the evidence (photos) they would be able to send us the correct order so we can stop waiting, and arrange a pick of the the wrong order!?? Ridiculous!
Not surprisingly, the courier never showed up... Another day of sitting in the house - and still nobody came! I literally haven’t left the house for two days, afraid I’ll miss the courier company.
Throughout this time my elderly, sick in-laws, for who I’ve bought the sponge for, are still struggling in getting up/down from their low bearing sofa.
I doubt I will receive any form of an apology and still weeks later I am yet to receive the item they were more than happy to take the money for! Shameful!

I tried leaving the review on their website and not surprisingly that didn’t work! Glitch in the website when trying to submit!

Would not recommend! And will never use again!
We ordered a replacement foam cushion for a sofa. The foam fits well and is supportive but it absolutely stinks! 3 weeks after it arrived and it is still giving off a strong chemical smell that taints any throws or other cushions on the sofa and makes the whole kitchen smell. My kids and I couldn't put up with it for more than a few days. Very disappointed.
Dear Hannah,

Please be assured that this is completely normal with foams and has no bearing on the performance or quality in any way.
Like a new car, foam has a "new foam" fragrance. This fragrance can take some weeks to dissipate. Various types of foams have different fragrances and their intensity varies also.
Once left in a well ventilated area, this will dissipate quicker.

Efoam
Completion???Last entry on website was April 2020.
It’s now Jan 2021
Take it comp has ended.
No reply from customer service after contacting them. Product was absolutely rubbish. I followed the measurement plan exactly and received a medium density seating foam which initially looked great. Within days, the seats are sagged and even more uncomfortable than the originals. £127 spent and zero satisfaction.
Do not buy from this company. I usually buy from a different supplier but on this occasion I decided to save a few £'s. Wrong decision. The foam was not fit for purpose. I ordered highfirm density upholstery foam. It was a small order less than £25. When I complained and explained it was not what I expected I was told in no uncertain terms 'this is what you ordered'. I would not be getting any money back or an alternative product. Customer service was non existent. I made a mistake. Don't you do the same. You get what you pay for.
Placed an order got the order which was wrong size but they said that’s what I ordered. I said it must have been an error on website but they having none of it and said I would just need to make do. So £28 out of pocket, foam that’s no good and will have to but it somewhere else. Not great customer service would not recommend or use them again
Dear Margaret,

We are very sorry to see this review as we have confirmed the order was placed for 10" width and this is exactly what has been cut and sent as per your email & confirmation/details. We are sorry you ordered the incorrect size, however, we cannot be held responsible for this and have processed the order according to the order placed by yourself online.

Efoam
Worst customer service I have ever received. Do not believe any of the responses given by the company here. Unsurprised they have a plug in on Facebook for reviews instead of using Facebook's system or Trustpilot.

I held back from negative review due to the difficulties many businesses are facing during the pandemic. In fact, this is the first one I have ever left in my life!

eFoam have been spectacularly unhelpful and rude. Not replying to multiple emails at this stage, and the responses I did get were not escalated or responded to with any level of duty or responsibility.

Goods were received shortly before lock down one . Delivered to first lock down was comfortably within 30 days which is standard retail policy - eFoam's is 2 calendar days which is frankly laughable.

There was no time to unpack them before we were sent home to lockdown. Upon return and opening the untampered with boxes I discovered almost half my order to be missing (despite having the full delivery).

This is almost £200 worth of value and due to the nature of the order, makes what I do have unusable. No offer of help or remuneration, support or replacement of goods.

I genuinely cannot believe this is my experience or how a company operates in 2020. Foam, the full order you paid for, and decent customer service are available elsewhere. I wish I had read the reviews on Trustpilot before I ordered.
Dear Katie,

We are sorry to this review after having spoken to you on several occasions and in a professional & timely manner. Following is a summary of our audited trail:
Order placed on 28th February 2020
Order delivered 3rd March 2020
Lock-down began in the UK on 26th March 2020
This shows the order was delivered over 3 weeks before the lock-down began in March, giving ample time for any discrepancies to be reported to us for us to investigate this for you.
Your first contact with eFoam was on 2nd October 2020. This is over 7 months.
Our policy states that all discrepancies are reported on receipt of goods, and, in any event no later than 30 days. If a discrepancy had been brought to our attention in a timely manner, this would have allowed us to check the high definition video footage of our packing stations to determine the quantity that was dispatched. This is a backup procedure in case of any errors. However, our internal checks and paperwork all indicate that the entire order was delivered.
Assuring you of our best intentions at all times.
eFoam
They cut wrong size and reflex med/firm foam was far too soft, difficulty resolving with seller and getting a refund.
Hi Elaine,

We are sorry to see your review. As discussed, we collected the foams to find they had actually been cut exactly to size and was a case of you no longer requiring the foam you had chosen. However, as a gesture of goodwill a refund was still issued.

Efoam
A warning to anyone thinking of using these guys like I did. You get NO WARRANTY. These guys do NOT stand by their products at all. They buy the foam in, cut the foam, beyond that you're on your own!!

I ordered some replacement seat cushioning, no issues with measurements, order was made to specs. I followed the order wizard to the letter and purchased the extras to ensure longevity. I ordered a Reflex Superior (medium), Polyfibre wrap with stockinette. First impressions were good and I was pleased with the service...

5 months down the line with average use the cushion has completely lost its firmness and I sink into it at awkward bad for your back angles, the very problem I was trying to resolve with my 10 years + old cushions that gave me 8 years of good service.

I tried to get some customer service, not knowing what their process was I went in seeking advice rather than demanding a more suitable cushion. However I quickly realised that unless it was a "manufacturing issue" they didn't want to know and had no intention of helping me.

I warned them that I would be posting my experience online to help others avoid my problems, I got no response. I'm also going to be seeking help from trading standards as this seems completely wrong.

I hold my hands up, I'm quite bitter about the situation but this is 100% true and I'd recommend you avoid this company at all costs. I've never been treated so poorly by any online retailer.

I'll leave you with this, less than 6 months of use and their response unedited: "Unfortunately, this would not be deemed as a manufacturing fault so we would not be able to consider exchanging or returning as per our terms and conditions." - Charlie B
Dear Tim,

We are very sorry to read your comments. Your order was for one of the softest/springiest grades of foam and we requested details of the issues you are facing, to which you advised 'the foam compresses when in use and instantly recovers when not in use'. As mentioned, the branded Reflex Medium foam is not considered a firm density and will compress somewhat when in use. If you'd like to discuss further, please contact our team.

Efoam
Very poor service and very rude! Goods were ordered but unfortunately they sent me one wrong item which I was told to pack it up and they would collect and send me the right order, 4 days later they now tell me that they don’t send goods back until they receive them back from the courier
This dispute should be between efoam and their courier NOT the customer especially as the goods were paid for, still awaiting response
Dear Bevan, We are quite confused by your review as we have already confirmed with you via a telephone call today advising that whilst we have not yet received your return, we have already processed and dispatched your replacement order for you to receive tomorrow.
This was resolved promptly and in a professional manner.
Our usual practice is to wait for returns to be received before the sending of any replacements, however, a very helpful sales colleague went out of their way for you as discussed today and had already dispatched your replacement order.
We have resolved your issue swiftly and most certainly have not been rude in anyway, quite the opposite hence your review being very confusing and untrue.
Regards Efoam
They sent me a wrong size foam what I couldn't put in the bed frame. Also the firmness of the foam is rather soft. I had the same firm foam from another company what was way too better then this one. Then I requested a return for this junk and they refused it. Fraud...
Dear Ildiko,

We are sorry to see this review. Your order was processed exactly as per your bespoke order instructions and we feel it is very unfair to imply that we are 'frauds' because you feel it is not firm enough for you.
All of our foam products are to the highest of standards and quality, as you will see from our many other reviews from our customers.
BUYER BEWARE!
I measured carefully and correctly according to the eFoam video. An impossibly large granite like block of foam arrived. I sent it back at my own expense requesting a refund. This was refused, though a token payment was offered. eFoam’s terms and conditions as regards refunds are not readily clear and apparent. Definitely worth paying a little more and taking cushion cover to a local stuffer!
Dear Marsha,

As explained, you returned your order without contacting us or this being agreed by us. Your order is a bespoke/customized order and was processed exactly to your online order instructions. As such, personalized orders are non refundable and cannot be used by another customer as per your suggestion.

This is clearly stated and in bold on our returns policy.
I am sure you can appreciate customers expect and pay for brand new products only not used products.
As a gesture of goodwill you were offered a partial refund on this occasion.
Efoam
Two of my cushions were wrong measurement. Sent photos for proof. They say they didn't recieve email. Also said they emailed me and I haven't received email. Phoned today and told I need to package up the wrong sizes cushions and email proof before they will pick them up. I have to wait until this is done before they send me what I ordered. Very poor service. Could not recommed.
Dear Etta, Sorry to see this review. However, we do keep an audit trail of communications and can see we did email you and had no response. Furthermore, we have only received your email/contact today with the photos. Photos/dimensions of parcels are required in order for a courier collection to be arranged as it has to be within the couriers volume allowance. We have offered a replacement or a refund and have to wait for this item to be uplifted which is in line with standard business return policies. Kind regards Efoam
Bought a replacement foam(firm) for my sofa and after 3 weeks it feels like the old one.Just waisted 80£
One star because it came on time, however it's not the quality I expected reading the reviews, didn't see any thing on the web site about being discoloured as mine was when arrived. I was told when I got in touch that it said that on line, why would you buy it if it said that so beware. !
Dear Sandra,

We are sorry to see this review as our website does explain the very slight discoloration of foams, we also explained this again to you via telephone/email. This is a completely natural occurrence for all open cell foams once cut from the blocks and exposed to light etc. We have no control over this, nor do any other foam suppliers. This has no bearing on the performance or quality of the foam products.

Efoam
I ordered two pieces of foam costing nearly £200. Both peices had been rolled. I did not unroll the pieces for 3 weeks because of the lockdown. Once unrolled I left them unwrapped for 48hours. One piece was the perfect size the second was 5cm short. When I contacted the office it took me 3 days for them to get back to me (even though I called them 5 times) as they found it impossoble to track down my order even with the order number.. They knew that it was time sensitive as I had a client waiting on my upholstery. In the end I had to screenshot my confirmation of the order on my phone and email it over. Only to be told that you were not prepared to help in any way becuase of your terms and conditions. I'm not sure of any company who have been able to adhere strictly to their terms and conditions over this unsettled period. I have therefore had to order a 5m Piece at my own expense of £11 inc P&P to make up for your shortfall.
Dear Emma,

We are sorry to see this review as we had replied to your first contact almost straight away advising that all rollpacked items must be opened immediately on receipt to allow the foams to expand back to their correct sizes. There is bold instructions of this labelled to all rollpacked parcels. Your order was processed on 2nd April and it is now almost the end of May before it had been opened, hence this unfortunate issue.

A vacuum / shrink wrapped item such as foam has to be opened immediately.
There was no shortfall, the order was processed exactly as per your order. The additional piece you have now ordered is in production.

Efoam
Positives: quick delivery with cushions it to correct size.
BUT ...
I added the best quality stockinette protector at some expense but the largest cushion arrived with a complete hole in this and laddering in other places. I have made three attempts to resolve this with the company via phone/ message but no one has returned my calls and messages. I would not recommend this company.
Dear Emma,

We are sorry to see this review after you emailed us at 9.26am to which I can see we responded at 11am advising that unfortunately stockinette in its nature is prone to very small snagging / ladders but is intrinsic to its performance or quality. We also advised that this was supplied free of charge and was sent in addition to your paid order. Stockinette undercover is supplied free of charge on all our customers orders when polyfibre/dacron wrap is selected.

Efoam
Absolutely DISGUSTING customer service. Ordered 5 pieces all the same size. I recieved 4 perfect pieces and 1 was cut down shallower either side by a fair few mm each side. As this was for a headboard they were being attached to wooden panels which were of course cut to size. The smaller piece was way smaller and upon request of a replacement told, its within our tolerence and it will "look fine" when upholstered.

Upon being upholstered it looks terrible, attempted to pad this as they suggested (clearly very wrong if they have to suggest this) and still refused to send a replacement as 'foam is a flexible product'

No reference of this supposed tolerence on the website, ignored emails after evidence sent of the error. Offered a full refund of all the products if i sent them back, instead of just recutting ONE piece to match the other 4 perfect pieces. Absolutely disgusted, terrible terrible customer service!
Dear Sadie, We are sorry to see this review. However, as advised whilst we endevour to cut as accurately as possible some tolerances can occur, we are sorry that one piece was 2mm short as per the images you supplied. We immediately offered a full refund of your entire order as there were no guarantees of the 2mm tolerance you were not happy with. Our customer service support team will always try to assist our customers and offer the best solution that is humanly possible, maintaining a high level of efficiency & support. Our many thousands of positive reviews will reflect this.
so easy to use the site. very quick and informative. asked for express delivery, cheap enough. thank you
Hi Sandra,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback. However, please kindly revise the rating as 1 star indicates the lowest rating which does not reflect your kind comments stating that you have been happy with our service.

Kindest regards

Efoam
Hopeless customer service. I placed an order on Monday at 9am and paid for 'express/next day delivery' as I needed it urgently for a job. I then received an email saying that it would be despatched the next day (even though the website said that delivery would be the next day) and I'm still waiting for my order on Thursday evening having spent 4 days waiting in for it. I rang the company on Wednesday to ask where my order was and was told that orders are taking 5 days due to the current situation. I pointed out that the website stated that delivery would be the following day. They asked me to email them to ask for a refund but I still haven't received a reply. I appreciate that times are difficult but don't promise something you can't provide, charge for it and then fail to follow up on customers' queries in a timely way!
Dear Andrea,

We feel your review is very unfair and completely untrue. You contacted us for tracking information of your order (2x cans of spray glue) and we advised this had been shipped on time. Tracking shows this was delivered on time as per your order.

I can see you emailed us at 6pm to which we replied the very next morning at 5.44am as we are currently working day and night to ensure we process urgent orders of foam components for PPE equipment, as well as ensuring we process all of our other valued customers orders in a timely manner.

However, with all that is happening in the world right now we have already applied a refund of your £2.75 express delivery cost, thank you for your support during these unprecedented times.

eFoam is rated 4.86 based on 25,010 reviews