Evans Cycles Reviews

37% of reviewers recommend Evans Cycles
6PM
6PM

About Evans Cycles: Evans Cycles are one of the UKs largest specialist cycle retailers and we stock variety of bikes, cycling equipment and cycle clothing. The range includes mountain biking, BMX, road cycling, commuting, folding bikes and kids bikes.

01293 574900

Evans Cycles, Camino Park, James Watt Way, Crawley

Category:
Sports & Leisure

Tell us how Evans Cycles made you happy

"Your salesman Steve went out of his way to ensure that the E bike I was purchasing was suitable for my requirements,a credit to your company"
Are you Evans Cycles? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Ordering my new bike went like clockwork. I was kept well informed and everything happened when they said it would. I would happily deal with them again."
"I bought an electric bike in the Xmas sale from the Milton Keynes branch. When I got home I noticed the connector for the battery charger had a European connector. I phoned the branch and they insisted on driving the right connector to be the same day - a round trip of 50 miles. Very helpful staff in setting up and explaining the computer and battery workings. I will be going back for the free service."
"Just been on a Fix it programme in Evans Cycles Leeds with Elf as the programme leader. Very useful easy and understandable and got all the key points from him that I wanted- thank you"
"I pop in with my bike to unscrew pedals. It takes few minutes and they didn't charge me for that. Thank you!"
"I popped in to the Cambridge store with problems with my front brake which was catching on the wheel (the bike was not bought from Evans). The technician fixed it there and then with no charge. Thank you!"
"I made this purchase by the phone before Christmas because I wanted to be absolutely sure that the bike would arrive by my daughter's birthday on the 5th January. This was guaranteed over the phone and I thus proceeded to order it. On the 2nd of January I received an email saying the bike was being built. On the 3rd of January I called Evans to make sure the bike would arrive by the 4th as they had promised. Again the person on the phone guaranteed it would reach my home by the 4th. Having not received a dispatch confirmation I called again on the morning of the 4th and they said that the bike was ready to leave but for some reason it didn't so I was not going to receive it before my daughter's birthday. They sent me a 20 pound voucher and guaranteed that the bike would arrive in the morning of my daughter's birthday on the 5th. However, I made sure to call again in the evening of the 4th at 7:00 pm, to make absolutely sure the bike will get on the post and arrive next morning. Again this was 100% guaranteed. But, surprise! Having not received a dispatch confirmation, I called again on the morning of my daughter's birthday and they said that the bike was ready to leave but for some reason it didn't so I was not going to receive it that day (or the following since it was a Sunday). So my daughter did not have her birthday present when she woke up and she was not going to get it. Five times I spoke to costumer services and five times they guaranteed the bike would arrive. And then it didn't."
"Last holiday we were in london. Al of a sudden i got a flat tire on my wheelchair which ment that i couldn’t go any further. So we stopped at Evans. Unfortunate they couldn’t make the tire or replace it. Wheelchair tires have a very strange measure. They didn’t had the right tire. But they helped us so good. They tried for over one hour to fix the tire and/or replace it. After that didn’t work they tried to phone other affiliates if they had the right tire size. They called for over one hour! After an hour they finally found one that could replace it just outside London, there they fixed the tire. Thank you Evans Cycles for the great service!! It was amazing!"
"Bad company, very hard to get in contact with. They will give you the run around and the workshop will duck your calls and avoid any contact. The in store customer service has always been good, but never get your bike repaired at Evans, it's really not worth it."
"The service from the manager at the Wimbledon branch was totally out of order. We bought a kid bike and an helmet online, total came up to £99 instead of £84, (the hemet is free with any kids bike). When I collected the bike and the helmet I realised that I had been wrongly charged on my PayPal and also on the Evans confirmation order, which didn't take into account the discount. asked the person behind the counter about it and without hesitation he processed a refund of £15 on my card. As they gave me the bike, I noted that the wheels needed a slight adjustment, so I was directed toward the workshop so that someone could realigned the wheels. I left it wth the workshop, and left the new helmet behind the counter while I went out for 20 min (they already had 48h to prepare and check the bike). You would hope that a brand new bike would have been checked throughly before! When I returned to pick up the bike the mechanic which looked so not bothered about a stupid kid bike, told me that he fixed the brakes . At this stage I knew I would never buy again from there. I specifically told him that the wheels needed adjustment before leaving the bike with him, but now his answered was, I can se that but this would need to be booked in at a later stage (after Xmas!). But the bike is brand new! Anyway fed up at that point we went back to the till to get the helmet. The staff were confused as they couldn't find it anymore. And then an older man arrives (the manager) telling us that his invoice didn't show £99 but £84, making us looked like we were actually trying to scam him and we shouldn't have the helmet! He had actually hided the box so no-one could find it (such a childish and unprofessional behaviour). I showed him my PayPal invoice and the Evans confirmation order which clearly stated the price of the bike and the helmet came up to a total of £99 but he insisted that we should take it with PayPal. Only after another 5 min he gave us the helmet and told us all this wasn't worth the trouble. Despite telling him that his invoice was reflecting the refund of the £15, he was to retarded to understand that .This from a chain like Evans is very disturbing. From the preparation of the bicycle to the manner of dealing with customer. No wonder they are going out of business..."
"Shocking company to deal with, i was lied to, illadvised, passed from dept to dept, phone calls not returned and messed around from start to finish. Here is scenario 1. Ordered expensive groupset £1000 2. Arrived but there was a problem with one of the parts 3. After sales ok but far from the best (wanted me to bring it instore when my closest store is a few hundred miles and a boat journey) so i requested to return the lot for refund. 4. Send back as per instructions using traceable service and kept receipt 5. Item arrived next day shown on tracking, i waited a few days but no refund 6. Contacted CS and was told to wait, gave it 3 days but still nothing so contacted again 7. Was told in email they had it but whoever had it was off that day and would be back the next day. 8. I Contacted next day and was told they didnt have it, and they would not refund me !! 9. Was told i need to claim off royal mail and they would not accept my tracking as proof even though it says delivered How bad is this, im now being foced to claim it back through my bank as a last resort. Use extreme caution when dealing with company if you have problems and need to return something. They will lie to cover themselves. This is the first bad review i have ever written i will be reporting them to trading standards Stick to CRC or Wiggle"
"Placed my bike cannondale trail 4 into the gateshead branch with a cracked frame on August Bank Holiday weekend 2018. 4 months later no bike repaired or returned, just passed from pillar to post, still waiting."
"Ordered a childs bike two months ago for main Christmas present, deposit paid and told delivery would be around 16th December but guaranteed for christmas. Immediately prior to expected delivery date, I received a phone call to say the bike I'd ordered wasn't available but similar could be sourced, which I agreed to. Subsequent phone call stated that delivery before Christmas was in question, they would confirm tomorrow. I had to ring back the next day as no-one rang me. Still uncertainty but they were hopeful bike would be received by them on 19th. Home delivery wasn't an option. I asked for a refund and spoke to the Manager, Mike, who apologised with a "but it was head office's fault." I explained I wasn't interested in whose fault it was. As a manager, there's little point in blaming some-one higher up the chain. I could have done without sourcing another bike at incredibly short notice for Christmas. I would never use Evans Cycles again."
"I rang up to ask about buying a bike from the Nottingham branch. I wanted to order 2 sizes in to compare and 2 colours. This was not a problem and I was told I needed to pay a £50 deposit on each and it would take 7-10 days. Again this was not a problem. I was informed I had to come into the branch to do this and couldn’t do it over the phone. I double checked on the morning of going in and again was informed 7-10 days so I now proceeded to go to the branch to be then informed I would have to wait over a Month for the bikes and if I wanted to order the bikes I could have done this over the phone instead of carrying out a 34 mile round trip plus paying for car parking for a complete waste of time. Instead I will go back to using the Specialized/Rutland Concept Store where I received 100% better customer service and can have a proper look round the store without tripping over bikes rammed in everywhere. I can guarantee Evans Cycles will never have a penny of my money!!!"
"STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY, THEY ARE CROOKS. Sketchy company to deal with. Be sure to use your Paypal, or you will not be getting a refund anytime soon if your order goes awry. Which mine did, I completely regret my purchase as it will be 4 months until I see a refund."
"If it would let me give less than one star trust me it would be a minus. I wont bore you with the tragic tales but would set you a challenge? Walk into the store store dressed in work clothes{ie covered in paint and sticky) and see how long it takes for anyone to acknowledge you. Then pop in in your finest suit sporting your finery and see the difference. Never mind you've got 4k in your pocket to spend no matter what you have on. I didn't need another bike but I saw one on the web and paid a deposit for myself and my Son paid a deposit for a different model. They couldn't even get that right ordering in two of the same bike. Great when you've taken time off and arranged a test ride especially when they were still in the boxes when we were eventually spoken to. not to whine any more but the whole experience has been a catalogue of disasters. To add insult(at this point I will say I upset Robyn so called head of customer service) I receive an unsigned letter advising me not to frequent any of their stores. Well that suits me fine. I have only just managed to get my deposits back after two and a half months. They truly are a nightmare and it must be in a prerequisite that if you've ridden a mountain bike your an expert so you've got the job. We all know our Country has issues but this company is to customer service what Hitler was to reasoned debate. Stick to your local shop, get good advice and be safe in the knowledge you have sound advice and an aftersales to rely on. Its worth a little more."
"They are frauds..taken my money 1000 cannot deliver and won't refund money."
"Took my sons bike for service... rude staff very unhelpful and even tried to charge me for parts that the bike didnt need... when i questioned this staff replied humans make mistakes????"
"poor quaility product. Chain snapped twice within 2 weeks.Had to walk 4 miles home the first time and then arrange tranport the second time as I was 8 miles from home.The front light also failed after two outings."
"Great customer service every time at the Gatwick Store."
Evans Cycles is rated 2.54 based on 147 reviews