Evans Cycles Reviews

39% of reviewers recommend Evans Cycles
07AM
7AM

About Evans Cycles: Evans Cycles are one of the UKs largest specialist cycle retailers and we stock variety of bikes, cycling equipment and cycle clothing. The range includes mountain biking, BMX, road cycling, commuting, folding bikes and kids bikes.

01293 574900

Evans Cycles, Camino Park, James Watt Way, Crawley

Category:
Sports & Leisure

Click Here

Tell us how Evans Cycles made you happy

"Recently had a vintage Evans road bike re-assembled & checked at the Chelmsford branch. Rob T & his colleague demonstrated enthusiasm, & a high degree of professionalism, talking through what was practical & what was advisable to replace. It took about a week to finish, & now the bike looks & rides like new. The result & customer service given was excellent. If any problems or spares are needed in future, then Rob T at Chelmsford will be my choice."
Are you Evans Cycles? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Get Access
"Visited the Oxford Circus shop today to fix the problem with the front wheel. Renaldas who served me was quick, professional, and really helpful - my bike was up and running in 5 min, at no charge! Thank you!"
"Shocking member of staff Luke @ Sutton Coldfield swearing to other staff members and calling people faggots and homos"
"Went into Evans Cycles at Martelsham, Suffolk to potentially buy two fold up bikes. Four staff behind counter talking to each other, completely ignored us. Went upstairs to have a look around to see what was available, no staff came to ask if they could help us. We were there for about 20 mins. Nice store but customer service was non existent. Will go somewhere else to buy our bikes."
"Very bad service of shipping. I'm waiting for 2 1/2 months for shipment to send me one shirt. They have been delaying it for few times because this is how they say it "Once the item arrives into our warehouse you will receive an email to confirm despatch." Don't use this site, go to some else they probably have better customer service than these..."
"Evans Chiswick - so bad it's almost funny. Story too long to relate - except to say that Evans head office emailed me to say 'sorry, we'll repair the bike for free' I go into the store and they say 'Oh no we won't - you have to pay'. It was a gear shifter which busted on a bike just three months old. My advice - don't even THINK of shopping there!"
"I bought a new cannondale tiagra and after the first ride it started jumping out of gear and making bad noises. I took it to the Leeds city centre shop and they told me it was fixed but it’s still jumping out of gear. I called customer services and the Leeds store are denying I’ve ever been in their store to have my bike fixed. I’ve got it booked into another store now to hopefully get the gears fixed but it’s very poor customer service and making out I’m lying is not right."
"Best shop to buy or service your bicycle. I am especially impressed with the engineers in Canary Wharf. I had issues with my gears, and stopped at the shop to get some advice as to what the problem could be. The engineers spent a minimum of 30 minutes and solved the problem without charging me. Very friendly and extremely knowledgeable. Well impressed!"
"Shocking service at Leamington Spa branch, they much prefer it if your not there as they are far too busy. If I were Evans I’d employ some secret shoppers as there seem to be very similar threads."
"Specially paid for next day delivery hours before the cut off time and the item wasn’t even dispatched for two days! Shocking service and outright theft as you didn’t provide the service I paid you extra for. I’ll never use Evan again."
"Had some play in the bike frame and brake problems, the Guy from Evans fixed these for free in few minutes."
"Evans Chiswick, terrible . Ordered a bike online for my wifes birthday to be delivered to this store. Got an email notification the next morning saying bike has arrived and they will let me know shortly when to collect. Two days later nothing ,so i phoned and was told the build team missed my bike and that i can collect it by 2pm next day which was today. So get there at 16:30 today and its still not ready not even started on it. Got it eventually after waiting 35min asian guy leaves the bike with us and walkes off aaand the bike is not as the picture online. So i asked the asian chap (didnt get his name ,no badge) where is the remote lockoff as shown on the picture and he started to get annoyed with me for asking . He proceeded to tell me "well thats what you ordered and thats that, product code matches what we got and thats it,you shouldn'tlook at pictures you should read the specs!!" Specs means nothing to a leisure biker then he walked off again . In my mind if you order a car with a sunroof youd expect it to have a sunroof when you get it?Eventually i took the bike but now im stuck between a rock and a hard place as we are going away and need the bike. Eventually i found another guy Tony (was wearing his badge)that works there and he was super helpful we even bought my son a bike and a helmet off him .so thanks Tony. I still need to know why Evans Cycles has pictures that doesn't match the descriptions."
"Evans Cycles in MK (Snowdome) is run by a bunch of clowns. The service is awful and under poor management. I tried to order a bike from the internet and it took 3 attempts for them to order in the right size over a a month. Each time the manager would take an aggressive stance and blame me for ordering wrong bike despite the fact I specifically spoke with their staff to order. The bike has been poorly assembled, and rushed. This really is an bad service. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME!"
"Ridiculous website stock knowledge, I visited your store to purchase a bike yesterday to be met with a hard sell. The bike I wanted wasn't in stock at this store so I was told it would be too big and to look at a (not suitable) smaller size, I tried the internet and saw a bargain end of line offer available in my size ,downloaded e-vouchers from my company which gave a small discount. Called up to be told this was out of stock, never to be replaced and my e-vouchers were non refundable due to hidden "terms and conditions". Stuck between a rock and a hard place I called back to check an alternative showing available. Guess what? Out of stock. I called customer service about a third bike and had some luck! In stock as displayed. I attempted to pay to be told my cycle to work voucher wasn't valid with Evan's. Despite the 1st customer service person saying it was but I had to call and not use website. All in a frustrating lost and expensive day being led a merry dance by this company and I am hardly surprised to hear of recent "troubles" it has faced."
"went to the Liverpool branch to get my bike fixed and received really helpful and realistic advice on what to do next. Friendly and non-judgmental staff. Seemed like a real good team of people, bike fixed, Very happy! I would recommend the Liverpool branch to anyone with bike problems!"
"Awful service - bike order in store and never arrived. No one called to let me know until I called on collection day. Bike for kids bday. Don’t trust them for a special occasion"
"Just got my bike back from the workshop at the Liverpool branch and am made up with it. Staff there were really helpful and happy to talk about the options I had to fix my bike. Also very realistic advice. Set it up perfect, really friendly to talk to and very good at their job! Thanks so much Liverpool Evans!"
"Just got my bike fixed at the Liverpool branch and am made up with it, never had better customer service. Really helpful, personable staff in the workshop that give me realistic advice to fix up my bike. Thanks so much Liverpool Evans!"
"I would just like to say what helpful staff at your Sheffield branch when ever I am in your shop just been in your Sheffield branch with a bike problem worn gear cable attended to by Ben bike fixed while I waited very good service kind regards Malcolm."
"Had a fairly old Cats Eye light with the mounting missing. Evans gave us excellent support finally finding one that “might “ fit. It was in store in less than 24 hours and was perfect."
Evans Cycles is rated 2.60 based on 194 reviews