Evans Cycles Reviews

37% of reviewers recommend Evans Cycles
1 New Reviews Written
04AM
4AM

About Evans Cycles: Evans Cycles are one of the UKs largest specialist cycle retailers and we stock variety of bikes, cycling equipment and cycle clothing. The range includes mountain biking, BMX, road cycling, commuting, folding bikes and kids bikes.

01293 574900

Evans Cycles, Camino Park, James Watt Way, Crawley

Category:
Sports & Leisure

Tell us how Evans Cycles made you happy

"I just popped in for a bit of advice on my bike and was surprised to find it was fixed on the spot at no charge - despite my offer to do so. Friendly staff helped other people while I was there so it was not just a one off thanks Lewis - a big thumbs up to you"
Are you Evans Cycles? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"I see this is quite a trend. The online indicator of in-store stock is just a pure lie. The salesperson in store lied to my (three times) about when my order will be delivered. The one excuse was that the stock was put on the incorrect delivery van (that was excuse two of three). I was informed now that it will only be ready on Monday which would make it 11 days after purchase (10 days later than initial communication on when it will be available). This was an order in excess of £1,000. I have now decided to cancel my purchase and get a refund. I am personally going to go out of my way to not support them ever again."
"Needed bikes for our holiday. Left 3 weeks to plan and thought that was enough time to buy a bike labeled in stock and in warehouse, pick up max 10 days. Right, bike due in no more than 10 days. With no prior notice on day of pick up we find the bike is delayed a month!! Holiday ruined? No we have time to find another bike so refund? No Evans assure us they have the same bike elsewhere that can be picked up in 3 days. # days pass and the store holding our bikes closes for renovations.. not open again for a week! Evans customer service advise we call stores in neighboring towns to see if they have the same bikes. They do!! Great pick up tomorrow. Great!! We drive 1 hour to get to the store. Bikes have not arrived and are not scheduled to. Refund. Holiday plans ruined. Thanks for nothing Evans, you are a disappointing waste of time."
"Will never order from Evans again! They will advertise something as being in stock and available for collection from store within a couple of days, then once you have paid for your item you receive an email stating there’s a delay. This will then drag out for several weeks until you receive an email stating they have no stock. All the while they have kept your money in their account. This has happened to me on more than one occasion recently. This should be illegal."
"Had a gold service on my 8 year old Giant mountain bike. It now rides like new. If you can afford the gold service then highly recommended. Jonathan Thomas at Chiswick store is your man."
"Just found out I am unable to use the remaining balance of £175 on my gift card because of the takeover of Evans Cycles by Sports Direct. I purchased my bike from Evans. Only to return to purchase accessories and be told my card is declined yet still reflect my balance was both confusing and embarrassing. When I called the customer service desk, I was told I can only be given £13. Appalling! The fact that Evans can bombard us with marketing emails however, fail to notify their customers of the use of their gift card is quite disheartening and actually shows how disloyal they are even to loyal customers."
"The sold me an ex-display bike without pedals. So went and bought some only to realise that the threads were damaged."
"Just found out I am unable to use my e-gift card because of the takeover of Evans Cycles. I am an Evans Cycles account holder and the gift card was emailed to me, so why was I not informed of this? Appalling service and I will never use Evans Cycles again"
"Your salesman Steve went out of his way to ensure that the E bike I was purchasing was suitable for my requirements,a credit to your company"
"Ordering my new bike went like clockwork. I was kept well informed and everything happened when they said it would. I would happily deal with them again."
"I bought an electric bike in the Xmas sale from the Milton Keynes branch. When I got home I noticed the connector for the battery charger had a European connector. I phoned the branch and they insisted on driving the right connector to be the same day - a round trip of 50 miles. Very helpful staff in setting up and explaining the computer and battery workings. I will be going back for the free service."
"Just been on a Fix it programme in Evans Cycles Leeds with Elf as the programme leader. Very useful easy and understandable and got all the key points from him that I wanted- thank you"
"I pop in with my bike to unscrew pedals. It takes few minutes and they didn't charge me for that. Thank you!"
"I popped in to the Cambridge store with problems with my front brake which was catching on the wheel (the bike was not bought from Evans). The technician fixed it there and then with no charge. Thank you!"
"I made this purchase by the phone before Christmas because I wanted to be absolutely sure that the bike would arrive by my daughter's birthday on the 5th January. This was guaranteed over the phone and I thus proceeded to order it. On the 2nd of January I received an email saying the bike was being built. On the 3rd of January I called Evans to make sure the bike would arrive by the 4th as they had promised. Again the person on the phone guaranteed it would reach my home by the 4th. Having not received a dispatch confirmation I called again on the morning of the 4th and they said that the bike was ready to leave but for some reason it didn't so I was not going to receive it before my daughter's birthday. They sent me a 20 pound voucher and guaranteed that the bike would arrive in the morning of my daughter's birthday on the 5th. However, I made sure to call again in the evening of the 4th at 7:00 pm, to make absolutely sure the bike will get on the post and arrive next morning. Again this was 100% guaranteed. But, surprise! Having not received a dispatch confirmation, I called again on the morning of my daughter's birthday and they said that the bike was ready to leave but for some reason it didn't so I was not going to receive it that day (or the following since it was a Sunday). So my daughter did not have her birthday present when she woke up and she was not going to get it. Five times I spoke to costumer services and five times they guaranteed the bike would arrive. And then it didn't."
"Last holiday we were in london. Al of a sudden i got a flat tire on my wheelchair which ment that i couldn’t go any further. So we stopped at Evans. Unfortunate they couldn’t make the tire or replace it. Wheelchair tires have a very strange measure. They didn’t had the right tire. But they helped us so good. They tried for over one hour to fix the tire and/or replace it. After that didn’t work they tried to phone other affiliates if they had the right tire size. They called for over one hour! After an hour they finally found one that could replace it just outside London, there they fixed the tire. Thank you Evans Cycles for the great service!! It was amazing!"
"Bad company, very hard to get in contact with. They will give you the run around and the workshop will duck your calls and avoid any contact. The in store customer service has always been good, but never get your bike repaired at Evans, it's really not worth it."
"The service from the manager at the Wimbledon branch was totally out of order. We bought a kid bike and an helmet online, total came up to £99 instead of £84, (the hemet is free with any kids bike). When I collected the bike and the helmet I realised that I had been wrongly charged on my PayPal and also on the Evans confirmation order, which didn't take into account the discount. asked the person behind the counter about it and without hesitation he processed a refund of £15 on my card. As they gave me the bike, I noted that the wheels needed a slight adjustment, so I was directed toward the workshop so that someone could realigned the wheels. I left it wth the workshop, and left the new helmet behind the counter while I went out for 20 min (they already had 48h to prepare and check the bike). You would hope that a brand new bike would have been checked throughly before! When I returned to pick up the bike the mechanic which looked so not bothered about a stupid kid bike, told me that he fixed the brakes . At this stage I knew I would never buy again from there. I specifically told him that the wheels needed adjustment before leaving the bike with him, but now his answered was, I can se that but this would need to be booked in at a later stage (after Xmas!). But the bike is brand new! Anyway fed up at that point we went back to the till to get the helmet. The staff were confused as they couldn't find it anymore. And then an older man arrives (the manager) telling us that his invoice didn't show £99 but £84, making us looked like we were actually trying to scam him and we shouldn't have the helmet! He had actually hided the box so no-one could find it (such a childish and unprofessional behaviour). I showed him my PayPal invoice and the Evans confirmation order which clearly stated the price of the bike and the helmet came up to a total of £99 but he insisted that we should take it with PayPal. Only after another 5 min he gave us the helmet and told us all this wasn't worth the trouble. Despite telling him that his invoice was reflecting the refund of the £15, he was to retarded to understand that .This from a chain like Evans is very disturbing. From the preparation of the bicycle to the manner of dealing with customer. No wonder they are going out of business..."
"Shocking company to deal with, i was lied to, illadvised, passed from dept to dept, phone calls not returned and messed around from start to finish. Here is scenario 1. Ordered expensive groupset £1000 2. Arrived but there was a problem with one of the parts 3. After sales ok but far from the best (wanted me to bring it instore when my closest store is a few hundred miles and a boat journey) so i requested to return the lot for refund. 4. Send back as per instructions using traceable service and kept receipt 5. Item arrived next day shown on tracking, i waited a few days but no refund 6. Contacted CS and was told to wait, gave it 3 days but still nothing so contacted again 7. Was told in email they had it but whoever had it was off that day and would be back the next day. 8. I Contacted next day and was told they didnt have it, and they would not refund me !! 9. Was told i need to claim off royal mail and they would not accept my tracking as proof even though it says delivered How bad is this, im now being foced to claim it back through my bank as a last resort. Use extreme caution when dealing with company if you have problems and need to return something. They will lie to cover themselves. This is the first bad review i have ever written i will be reporting them to trading standards Stick to CRC or Wiggle"
"Placed my bike cannondale trail 4 into the gateshead branch with a cracked frame on August Bank Holiday weekend 2018. 4 months later no bike repaired or returned, just passed from pillar to post, still waiting."
Evans Cycles is rated 2.52 based on 155 reviews