Evans Cycles Reviews

37% of reviewers recommend Evans Cycles
10PM
10PM

About Evans Cycles: Evans Cycles are one of the UKs largest specialist cycle retailers and we stock variety of bikes, cycling equipment and cycle clothing. The range includes mountain biking, BMX, road cycling, commuting, folding bikes and kids bikes.

01293 574900

Evans Cycles, Camino Park, James Watt Way, Crawley

Category:
Sports & Leisure

Tell us how Evans Cycles made you happy

Telephone
"They are frauds..taken my money 1000 cannot deliver and won't refund money."
Are you Evans Cycles? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback Evans Cycles receives and that when things do go wrong you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"Took my sons bike for service... rude staff very unhelpful and even tried to charge me for parts that the bike didnt need... when i questioned this staff replied humans make mistakes????"
"poor quaility product. Chain snapped twice within 2 weeks.Had to walk 4 miles home the first time and then arrange tranport the second time as I was 8 miles from home.The front light also failed after two outings."
"Great customer service every time at the Gatwick Store."
"Ordered online, got charged the day after. We are now 2 weeks later and the bike (and other critical parts) still haven't been shipped. Still no resolution in sight. Avoid like the plague."
"When Evans opened in Chester nothing was to much trouble. The engineers and customer service where great. Then the problems started. Personally I think they have lost that personal touch when it comes to valued customers. My first problem was when I bought a pair of 5 - 10 shoes. After 4 weeks and only used 6 times they started to come apart at the sole so I took them back to Evans asking for a new pair (non in stock) or a refund. They said they could not issue a refund as the shoes would have to go back to 5 - 10. I always thought that if I bought a pair of shoes from a shop the contract would be with them. Anyway Evans told me it would take a week before they had an answer from 5 - 10 and would contact me when they heard something. A week later I phoned, the guy on the other end told me that 5 - 10 where a massive organisation and do not rush these things, he said he would contact me when he heard anything. 4 Weeks later still waiting so I phoned Evans who told me O yey forgot to contact you come in and we will refund you. Next I bought a bike carrier in store. A bit suspisus as the wrapping was opened and sellotaped up again, got home and set the bike carrier up only to find that one of the brackets with the grip on was snapped off. This meant I could not put the side strap on. So I took the bike carrier down and packed it and went back to the shop explaining that the carrier was damaged. They refunded me and I ordered a Saris single bike carrier. Great they said it would be ready for collection at 15:00pm the next day. Went to pick the bike carrier up the next day and it wasn't there. another wasted journey. Got an e-mail at 18:50 telling me the carrier was in store and could pick up (store shuts at 19:00pm). Picked the carrier up today after yet another trip. What has happened to quality control and customer service at Evans. They have lost a valued customer as I won't be shopping at Evans any more after 2 bad experiences. Its feels as if the Chester branch is to busy on sales etc to bother about after sales and customer service"
"Great company with great staff. Like most retailers you reap what you sow, want to be helped then ask politely, no point going in ranting and expecting respect."
"They are ok up until the sale is complete...after-sales support is non-existent. After a couple of experiences with them, I would now avoid them at all costs. If you do buy from them, just remember that this is a bicycle supermarket that moves volume and cuts costs to the bone - which means expect nothing from them once they have your money. God help you if there is something wrong with your bike..get ready to fight them for months."
"I had an emergency with my MTB bike, went into the Chelmsford store and Rob fixed a very tricky problem, expertise you won't find in many bike shops! These guys really do know their stuff and always extremely helpful and willing to help us out so many thanks Rob, Chris and all the guys in the Chelmsford store."
"Bad service, dishonest."
"Purchased a chain and lock on line. Excellent price with extremely fast free postage. Thanks"
"Spent £1000 on a bike in the Glasgow store. All seemed fine until I took it in after 5 weeks for a free check. It came out with the back brakes scraping rhymicaly whenever you cycle in a high gear, or up a hill, or stand on the pedals. Returned twice to store: Once to be told it's "normal", "within tolerance" and "all bikes make noises". Given a patronising lecture on how to ride a bike and told to video it if I felt it was still making an unreasonable noise. Took it back a few weeks later with a couple of videos. Told it's a tiny noise, "all bikes make noises". Evans tried to charge me to fix it (they haven't fixed it!) because "repairs are only guaranteed for 30 days". What repair? There was nothing wrong with the bike until you "fixed" it. Service manager in Glasgow seems to be both incompetent and very rude. A powerful combination. This is the 4th bike I've bought from Evans. And my last ever purchase. I'm now an ex-customer."
"Poor customer service lied to by staff sold two used bikes fronted as new ones overall poor service from the Sheffield branch will never use them again"
"Nathan helped me with my wheelchair problems. Really amazing staff. He is an asset to evans"
"Bought 10 cans of GT85 maintenance spray online from Evans Cycles as they’re able to supply the 400ml cans @37% cheaper than anyone else out there incl Asda, B&M & Wilko Expected 3~5 day standard delivery but package arrived within 24hrs - brilliant Delivered by DPD and was able to track package to within 1hr of the actual knock on my door. First class service & delivery and a great product price ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️"
"I ordered a bike to Poland. The parcel arrived crashed. Did not receive it. The parcel was waiting at terminal a week for Evans to make it return. They returned only value of goods and no shipping costs (£50). Due to exchange differences I lost more than €120 on Evans online shopping. I am totally disappointed."
"After paying £50 and waiting 4 weeks plus lots of excuses to trial two bikes, I was then told I would have to pay half the cost of the bikes as a deposit. No thank you, went elsewhere and now have a fab Trek Remedy. I was also intending to buy new bikes for my daughters. Not the staff but a management and policy problem. They have lost in the region of £10,000 worth of sales and I will never go back!"
"Excellent response to queries. Good product. Good value. Fast delivery."
"Absolute terrible service ordered bike in store for my sons birthday for 12 oclock on saturday but received email for diffetent time and date so rang them at Trafford to say it was wrong they changed it to the original day saturday 12 o'clock i received information email of this that it would be delivered at 12 o'clock travelled 20 miles to pick the bike up which j put deposit down and was told that the bike wasn't here they would 're order would have been nice of them to at least call me and say it was not there before travelling and taking day of work to collect very bad service from start to finish terrible service now I have disappointed child who don't get his bike in time for his birthday"
A.W
"Great range of products, plenty of stock. Not always the cheapest to buy in store but you can always rely on their staff to offer you their best help and advice"
Evans Cycles is rated 2.53 based on 131 reviews