Evans Cycles Reviews

of reviewers recommend Evans Cycles
Read Evans Cycles Reviews

About Evans Cycles:

Evans Cycles are one of the UKs largest specialist cycle retailers and we stock variety of bikes, cycling equipment and cycle clothing. The range includes mountain biking, BMX, road cycling, commuting, folding bikes and kids bikes.

01293 574900

Evans Cycles, Camino Park, James Watt Way, Crawley

Tell us how Evans Cycles made you happy
Evans martlesham were brilliant, they managed to fix my daughter's bike with a smile, very efficient. Great workshop.
Just had my bike quite literally overhauled and serviced and I much say it’s reached more than my expectations. The Communication I received was excellent in relation to fitting new parts. I rode it today and I must say it was like riding a new bike. Thanks a million Steph and Robin.
Mark,Olly and the genius bike mechanic with the green fat bike are top notch guys.they go out of their way to sort out any issues you have with your bike.Olly spent slot of time making sure the raceface cranks I wanted would be compatible for my new Norco fluid 2.hes a very knowledgeable bike enthusiast. All the staff at the clapham Evens work hard to make sure you leave satisfied and on a safe and sound bike.these guys do customer service like your in an American store.the customer is king and you leave happy. Many thanks to the staff at clapham Evans cycle. G.king
Just left Evan's in clapham. Olly really did me well.listened to all my questions. Found me the perfect crank for my Norco fluid 2.both Mark's were very helpful. The bike mechanic with the righteous green fat bike is a true genius with a wrench. These dudes know there stuff. They live and breath cycles. Always willing to take the time to sort out any issues you have with your bike.this store rocks.you get real American style customer service. Great staff.top notch mechanic. If I ever need anything for my mountain bike I go to the pros at clapham junction Evan's. G king
Had my road bike serviced by Fernando recently and it has to be said it has never felt better! The whole process was made very easy from start to finish. I’m extremely happy with the outcome and would not hesitate to recommend. Prompt, reliable and a quality service.
where do I start. I walked in knowing what I wanted. I was dealt with by Jamie. He was Frank and honest about what bike spec and additional accessories I needed. No pressure to buy, and certainly no pressure to commit there and than. He spent an hour with me choosing and comparing different road bikes that matched my requirements. A week later the bike was ready for collection, but the outstanding customer service didn't finish there. The bike was measured up to exact specifications and Jamie helped me choose the accessories I needed. The customer service was outstanding from the minute i walked in, to the moment i left. Jamie certainly knows his subject and taught me alot while I was with him. I highly recommend Evan's Bikes, and Jamie is a credit to the company. I cant thank you enough for helping me choose my first road bike. I'm like a kid a Christmas and cant wait to go out on it. #evansbikes #twostroke #roadbike #future
I am shocked and dismayed to have just received an email from Evans Cycles saying that I will not receive a new bike I purchased until February 20th. I purchased this bike on January 3rd and having to wait seven weeks for delivery is absolutely NOT ok!!! When I initially spoke to someone in one of your stores, they told me it would take around four working days to get the bike. I then received an email saying it would arrive on Jan 10th. Now, I get another email saying delivery will be Feb 20th, with no apologies or explanation as to why there is a massive delay. I rely on my bike to drop my son at school and commute to and from work. In addition, it is my main source of exercise.  Really shocking service!
I had several issues with a bike order and staff just didn’t seem incentivized to help. I ended up wasting hours and weeks making phone calls, unnecessary store visits, and several back and forth—including an inconclusive trip to a store far away, to which I went upon my local store’s staff’s suggestion— because nobody really knew what was going on with my bike. I eventually got it, an one of their employees apologized for the mix up. But it really gave the impression of being a big, poorly organized, dysfunctional company. Very unsatisfactory.
Bought a bike from the Manchester-Chill factor branch today. Service was excellent, Asa served me with extensive knowledge and great advice on what I needed. Can’t fault at all and will use again.
Can’t thank the Ipswich/Martlesham guys Andy and Mark enough for their patience and help with my repairs, advice and they were amazing 😉 Great customer relations service. Such a credit to the store. 👍👍👍
I tried to purchase an ebike and paid in full for the bike and delivery. This was supposed to be a 10 day delivery, after 14 days I called and was told that the bike was coming from another store. After 25 days I still hadn't received the bike so called again. This time they would have it delivered by the end of the week. I received a call later that day to say the bike was damaged and couldn't be delivered. I was waiting for the money to be refunded so I could purchase another bike from elsewhere. When searching for a another bike, guess what I found, the same bike being advertised yet again on the Evans Cycles website. So, No Bike - No money, and the bike being re-advertised. Absolute joke!
Just picked up my new cycle and and the level of customer service was amazing! I didn't think this kind of service existed anymore. Nice to be proved wrong. Excellent staff and an incredible assortment of cycles.
Recently had a vintage Evans road bike re-assembled & checked at the Chelmsford branch. Rob T & his colleague demonstrated enthusiasm, & a high degree of professionalism, talking through what was practical & what was advisable to replace. It took about a week to finish, & now the bike looks & rides like new. The result & customer service given was excellent. If any problems or spares are needed in future, then Rob T at Chelmsford will be my choice.
Visited the Oxford Circus shop today to fix the problem with the front wheel. Renaldas who served me was quick, professional, and really helpful - my bike was up and running in 5 min, at no charge! Thank you!
Shocking member of staff Luke @ Sutton Coldfield swearing to other staff members and calling people faggots and homos
Went into Evans Cycles at Martelsham, Suffolk to potentially buy two fold up bikes. Four staff behind counter talking to each other, completely ignored us. Went upstairs to have a look around to see what was available, no staff came to ask if they could help us. We were there for about 20 mins. Nice store but customer service was non existent. Will go somewhere else to buy our bikes.
Very bad service of shipping. I'm waiting for 2 1/2 months for shipment to send me one shirt. They have been delaying it for few times because this is how they say it "Once the item arrives into our warehouse you will receive an email to confirm despatch." Don't use this site, go to some else they probably have better customer service than these...
Evans Chiswick - so bad it's almost funny. Story too long to relate - except to say that Evans head office emailed me to say 'sorry, we'll repair the bike for free' I go into the store and they say 'Oh no we won't - you have to pay'. It was a gear shifter which busted on a bike just three months old. My advice - don't even THINK of shopping there!
I bought a new cannondale tiagra and after the first ride it started jumping out of gear and making bad noises. I took it to the Leeds city centre shop and they told me it was fixed but it’s still jumping out of gear. I called customer services and the Leeds store are denying I’ve ever been in their store to have my bike fixed. I’ve got it booked into another store now to hopefully get the gears fixed but it’s very poor customer service and making out I’m lying is not right.
Evans Cycles is rated 2.67 based on 207 reviews