Evans Halshaw Reviews

42% of reviewers recommend Evans Halshaw
9PM
9PM

Tell us how Evans Halshaw made you happy

"Very Bad/Communication Neil Bassett and Chris Wiggins to sort out a missing Map sd card and one missing car mat for over a month, made plenty of emails and phone calls always busy been told they will get them to ring back they NEVER do, contacted customer service quite a few times to complain even written a formal complaint letter(recorded)to wigan no response, eventually got the map sd card and been given a Evans halshaw car mats which I expected new nissan micras own which is colour coordinated to match car but given there own just to shut me up, seems to me your there best friend when your interested in buying car, and when you do buy a car after that your just a tramp on the street if there is any PROBLEMS, also contacted trading standards, SO YOU'VE BEEN WARNED AVOID"
Are you Evans Halshaw? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback Evans Halshaw receives and that when things do go wrong you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"worst customer service i've ever seen. booked to see 'Gareth' at the shiremoor branch at 5:30 and spoke about the car we wanted to see and part ex the day before (in detail). On arriving he had no clue who we were, though we were after a landrover.. no 'a q3' I said, he proceeded to bring the wrong car and model out. eventually, we got to see the q3 then he vanished for 25 mins talking to other people and staff completely ignoring us. the manager came out and said he would give us 5 more minutes to look at car (REALLY!!) and didnt come back for another 15 mins. When gareth eventually came back and sat on his laptop didnt have a clue on the car we wanted to part ex, even though he spent 10 minutes on the phone the day before taking down details. Then he vanished to see the car (30 seconds away in the car park) spent 5 mins looking at the car then vanished for another 30 minutes.. then came back and proceeded to try and sell us the warranties for another 15 mins when we specifically said we didnt want them before hand and at the time. .. no apology for messing us around. An absolute shambles when it comes to customer service, and has shown us what a shambolic company this is. In the end we left. for a supposed 5:30 appointment we ended up leaving near on 90 minutes later and didnt even get a test drive. A company I will not be going near again for any car. UPDATE: ITS NOW 2 WEEKS LATER AND NO REFUND OF THE £200 WE PAID. STACEY TOLD US WE HAD TO RAISE WHAT THEY CALL A 'CONCERN' TO GET OUR REFUND BACK FOR VIEWING THE CAR. STILL NO REFUND AND IT'S NOW THE 10TH OF JULY (2 WEEKS LATER). WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO PESTER THIS SHODDY COMPANY TO GET MY MONEY BACK THAT I WAS FORCED TO PAY TO VIEW A CAR????? AN ABSOLUTE DISGRACE FROM THESE CON MERCHANTS"
"Happy with overall experience"
"This afternoon I travelled over 50 miles to have a look at a car I was very intrested in at the Newark Road branch of Evans Halshaw. I got to the showroom at 17:40 and entered the dealership. There were a couple of customers sat down at a table and approximatly 5 staff in the building at the time. I was not approached at all when I entered. Eventually I decided to stop a passing member of staff to start a convosation. It was now 17.40. The staff were aware of me being there, they clearly saw me but seemed to be either avoiding talking to me, or just did not care. After a further frustrating wait, i went to the office door to again stop a passing member of staff. I was told I could have a look around all the vehicles they had to offer. I went into the forecourt and eventually found the car I had been looking at online. I proceeded to look around the vehicle and found a few anomolies that looked like partial repairs, i noted these so that i could ask the salesman for further details when he became free. One entire passenger door was clearly a different colour to the rest of the car. This was not noted anywhere online and significantly changed my view of the vehicle. I then went back into the showroom and again was left waiting for at least 20 minutes before being approached. The staff memeber that did eventually notice me sitting there, informed me he was not a salesman and everyone else was busy with customers (there was now one other customer in the branch). He then said he could show us the car but would not be able to help us and we would have to wait for a salesman. He got the keys and took us to yhe car. After 10 mins of looking around the unlocked vehicle i proceeded to wait for a salesman. A further 30 mins passed. The 'non salesman' then came back and said the manager would be with me after he was finished and we could get a coffee or water. Another 10 minutes passed. Then a salesman came over to ask a series of questions, he said he was busy but if i was 'paying cash' i could "drive away today" and then said we could go for a test drive once he had finished. This was at 18:45. Some more time passed and it was now 19:10. The showroom was noted to close at 19:00. The salesman then came across and said that we could no longer go on a test drive as the insurance would not cover us outside opening hours. I feel this service was absolutely atrocious. The salesman apologised and was pleasant but there was unable to give any explanation and reflected the percieved total lack of care attitude exhibited by the entire staff. Furthermore to be told to wait for a test drive that was not going to happen beyond 19:00, was incredibly infuriating. I felt from the start that the staff did not want me in there and certainly were not interested my business. I was more than happy to pay for the vehicle in cash if I enjoyed the drive but i was denied the chance. I have never experienced such a lack of care by any other dealership or showroom. To be honest, I have never felt this lack of care from anywhere before. I can only say now that I am definitely not going to use Evans Halshaw in the future and will definitely advise others to go elsewhere."
"After care service is impossible to get hold of , once you finally get hold of them they make you feel as though what has happend is your fault even when it's there responsibility"
"Very smooth sale, Mike the salesman was very attentive and professional. One issue that took away the fifth star was Mike and Evans Halshaw are let down by their valeters! My vehicle was purchased with the Guardex protection, I may be picky but they only wiped over the interior, on closer inspection once home, the rear of the car, under the rear seats and boot area had green fusty mould growing, all over! The car is fantastic, but this should of been addressed."
"Didn't make me happy at all. Bought a car and returned it the same day, I never saw it again. Eventually got my money back. Absolutely useless, wouldn,t recommend them to anyone. Martin the salesman was the only bright spot in an exprience filled with untruths and broken promises. AWFUL!!!"
"Wanted my car same day I purchased it.they msde it happen,including a valet and guardex .free coffe is always nice"
"Only pushed sale. Dreadful after sales service. Would never go back under any circumstance"
"Completely incompetant. Bought a car which had faults which they agreed to fix. Booked car in for those repairs only to drive an hour then after having my car 2 hours phoned to say they had not ordered the parts so had to re book. On morning of re booking phoned ahead and they had ordered the wrong parts so trying for a third booking. I had been warned by a Nissan dealership that they were like this."
"Superb customer service whilst purchasing used Citroen C4 Grand Picasso."
"Polite and professional but need to be more knowledgable"
Evans Halshaw is rated 2.67 based on 12 reviews