Admiral Reviews

of reviewers recommend Admiral

Tell us how Admiral made you happy
Making a claim has been awful. Disgusting customer service and expected to claim back excess from a no fault claim myself. Waiting for payment and no reply to contact emails.. Disgusting will be changing insurer at first opportunity
Very good.
Scammers. Nothing more, nothing less.
Whoever read this:
DO NOT FALL FOR THE “LITTLEBOX PLUG AND DRIVE” DISCOUNT SCAM THEY OFFER YOU AS YOU ARRANGE AN INSURANCE WITH THEM.
You will subsequently receive a communication that it has allegedly “failed to be installed in your vehicle”, and of course you will be charged every extra penny + £25 for good measure.
I am making sure that this trick will cost those scammers more than what they stole from me.
Very helpful with great customer service on their web chats. have been with them for car insurance and they have always kept me informed and if policy needed changed they guided me through the process.
I'd give minus 100 if I could. They hit you with hidden charges during the year after I gave them a chance and renewed after I found cheaper. Go look on a comparison website as they are the worst. Gave them far more money than they deserved. the WORST company for car insurance.
Rip off merchants
Cancelled my insurance have been driving around with no insurance and with no notification from them that it has been only found out when I logged into my account . Advised they have not received documents which I sent and have verification they have been received also spoke with representative on the 19/10 . I’ve have the most stressful weekend havnt been able to drive my car since and no real reason why the insurance has been cancelled premiums have all been received. Have been advised by admiral to buy temporary cover until customer assurance looks into it. Do u use this company .
Some words of warning for anyone thinking of using Admiral for home / contents insurance:

As a loyal customer, with no claim history, I have seen their policy increase in cost by 262% since 2017, a period of just over three years.

We decided to make a claim for damage to a TV and carpets after a near-fatal bleed, so filled in the relevant online documentation. We have recieved no guidance on how to proceed without having to constantly push and ask for information, which has been vague at best.

E-mail responses are currently taking in excess of three days to answer.
Telephone calls to their claims lines are 0333 numbers costing 12p/minute on VirginMedia landline. They are currently taking in excess of an hour to answer every call - that's £7.20 each time we call and we have been frequently cut off by their telephone system just seconds after getting to speak to an operator.

We have a new-for-old policy with full accidental damage cover and wanted to replace a 4-year-old curved damaged Samsung TV, which is no longer available and originally cost £799.99, ourselves. Admiral want us to either take a model we do not want, or accept just £450 towards the cost of a replacement.

Thanks Admiral - a very reassuring and compassionate service - As your adverts claim 'Always looking out for the customer' & 'Insurance for your home that you can trust'.
Car insurance purchase was an easy process.
Cover inclusions were clear.
Documents supplied on my account portal.

Good experience.
Appalling excuse of an insurance company.
They do no even deserve the one star and I would put 0 if possible.
They will instigate claims from nowhere and leave them open on your policy if you mention anything to them including if no claim is even made.
Best way to describe this amateur company is legal con artists.
Do not insure with admiral there are plenty of better alternatives.
Rather than protect you they will do anything in their power to make your premiums go up and are not reasonable people in the slightest.
There are many reviews on here about how bad there services are and this needs to be recognised, and it needs to be reported to financial ombudsman as I will be doing if this is not resolved.
Disgusting behaviour from this company.
Website provided all the information I needed to make an informed decision about house insurance at a reasonable price. I will check their site when it comes to reneing my car insurance
Avoid Admiral at all costs! Their business practices are deplorable.
We had Admiral Insurance for a year. We were hit from behind by another car. It was uncontested that it was NOT our fault, and we have the police report to prove it. In good faith we contacted our own insurance (Admiral) to notify them of the accident (to which there was luckily no damage). Admiral responded by increasing our premium by over £700!!! Why!?! Outrageous!
Long story short I was hit from behind after I stop at traffic lights 3rd party was also covered by admiral! I sent all my info in to the insurance company with in a week then had to wait months for the 3rd party info to be sent in also they can’t reach him by phone! After all that I’ve been offered a 50/50. Have I missed something, how is that 50/50 when hit me from behind when I was stationary joke! custom service is unProfessional not helpful at all, in the end I had to get a solicitors involved and now await a court date
If I could rate them 0 stars I would.
I took out a telematics policy and made sure I had business insurance and a significant number of business miles as I am a community nurse. I clarified this with the advisor on the phone before taking out the policy and they told me this was fine.
3 months down the line I am being penalised on their “telematics policy” for driving and parking away from home too much!
When I questioned this with them they tried to tell me that I was meant to this as they told me they would monitor my driving and that just because I took loads of business miles out that they couldn’t predict the future and know I was going to drive around a lot??!!
I don’t understand how they can let me take out and pay for loads of business miles on a telematics policy and then penalise me later for it, they should have told me this before I took out the policy!!
I have never had any trouble with other companies on a telematics policy and driving around for my job as a community nurse.
Poor customer service and missold me insurance!!!
Disappointed with Admirals home insurance boiler cover after several phone calls with promise of call back & emails eventually after contact declined claim on a ongoing issue as negligence.
Good customer service easy to do on line
Awful don’t bother they don’t reply to emails I’m waiting a week now. Plus Admiral has a fake site list above original which causes problems beware they are fraudsters posing as admiral using Hammonds to repair cars.
My nephew has his van insurance with Admiral . And it's been 2 months since his van a Vauxhall Corsa was reported stolen from outside his home . He's self employed painter & decorator. He wasn't offered a replacement van and he is struggling with having to use his own car . The police have told him it's very unlikely you will ever see the van ever again . All this time and Admiral have been very unhelpful and I told him to find a solicitor and I will pay for it to get this unbelievable treatment of an hard working young man.sorted out.
Gave them a call after recieving the quote. They were quick and easy and helped me save even more money! Very reuptable insurance company and a friendly sales assistant, wish i remembered his name
Cheap for first time. Renewal is so expensive.
Admiral is rated 2.89 based on 1,138 reviews