John Lewis Insurance Reviews

of reviewers recommend John Lewis Insurance
Over A Week

Tell us how John Lewis Insurance made you happy
Extremely poor home emergency and home insurance, The response does not exist, They will not do anything to resolve your claim, I have maid so many calls so far, you dont get call back . You don't get a straight answer. Everyone you speak tp have different story. ITs shame for the John Lewis to provide such level of poorer service.
they have recorded a claim on my insurance i have not made, every contact phone number stated is not correct and doesn't connect. whats more its a system error they say has been corrected. utter in competence.
Water leak through the ceiling. No hot water, no heating. Nobody to answer calls at John Lewis insurance department. It appears that everybody has gone home for the weekend.
I have tried for days to contact John Lewis home insurance via every number I can find. The recorded message giving options is on a loop, whichever I choose repeats the message. I have sent 3 emails via mu online account, one has been returned, one has disappeared. the third won’t send.
I have been with John Lewis home insurance for many years. Tonight I wanted to add contents to my insurance. The advisor was rude, terrible at explaining, shouted at me and put the phone down. This is a terrible service. Awful.
I’ve had j. Lewis home insurance for a few years. Today I needed to add home contents to it. There must have been some confusion, stemming from terrible explanation from the j. Lewis advisor who ended up shouting down the phone and not allowing me to say anything other than’I think I’ll leave it there ‘
Truly awful experience with the worst customer skills I’ve ever come across.
I immediately spoke to a different insurer who brilliantly explained all that was needed and have consequently left j. Lewis who should be ashamed with this level of unprofessionalism.
Rang for information re my house insurance, got through but then I was hanging on for nearly an hour waiting for someone to answer, with the usual recorded voice telling me the phone would be answered as soon as someone was available. In the end had to end the call with my query unsolved. John Lewis should employ more people for phone enquiries. Will be changing to the insurance company recommended by Which for best customer services.
If I could give this no stars I would. This is a disgusting company and no wonder it's on the brink of collapse. I was approved a pay out for a stolen iPad. 2 weeks later no contact. I called to be told they had advised me wrong and would only offer £50 instead of £790. I refused, they said £100 take it or leave it. They claimed a signed receipt was not binding and couldn't care less. Disgusting company.
After a number of years with John Lewis, I received a quote from exactly the same underwriter at a price less than half of what I was paying. Similar cover. All very British. In Europe, things are done so much better, you don't need to trawl the internet every year. No doubt things will get worse after Brexit--we are so far behind Europe in standards of honesty in business.
Ive waited fort four months for my claim to be settled. There is nothing complicated about it - a bad carpet stain that Renew - the cleaning people for John Lewis, cannot remove and I’ve been advised the carpet will need to be replaced, really straight forward I would think as I want the same carpet in the same colour and since Renew cannot get this carpet I would be happy to use the same supplier. I have a new for old policy.
Renew asked for photographs of the stain and also of the room where the damaged carpet is, they got this. They then asked for the original receipt, I didn’t have this but I did have the order acknowledgement and order number. I went to the shop where I bought the carpet - Carpetright and they were able to track the purchase. The assistant gave me details - make, colour , purchase date, cost etc. on their headed paper and I photographed this and sent it to Renew, this still wasn’t enough. I then contacted Carpetright Head Office and was able to get even more information that I again sent to Renew. Renew then wanted a piece cut off the carpet and sent to them, I did this. I then had phone calls from Renew who wanted to reduce the amount of money I was being offered which would not cover the replacement cost. I have telephoned John Lewis at every stage of this process and my claim is still not settled after four months, furthermore, I’ve had several promises of investigation and a call back to advise but I’ve never received any response. BEWARE OF RENEW AND ALSO JOHN LEWIS HOME INSURANCE.
Three separate calls made to establish whether policy purchased was valid. Two completely different answers and one call put on hold and not answered. I’ve paid £300 and am none the wiser as to whether I’m covered. How do I find out? No easy way to find out who to complain to.
The saying you are only insured until you make a claim is so true with John Lewis home insurance.
Despite having an independent builders report they did not pay for storm damaged roof repairs. John Lewis had an assessor around for 10 mins taking photos from the ground with a selfie stick. Despite giving clear evidence that the big storms had caused this , they took the 10 min assessment. Will not be renewing and I would not recommend - beware !!!
Why one star? They don’t deserve it. After paying household insurance premiums for seven years I made a modest claim. What a complete shambles that was. JL/RSA don’t have one set of conditions: they have two and these are contradictory and confusing. They confused me and they certainly confused the staff. If John Lewis want to restore their tarnished image they should get rid of this bunch of incompetents.
If I could give JL lower than this score I would.
I have been on their Premier Home Insurance plan for a year. Within that period, they have attempted to pull out of my bank account, far more money than they should have - on at least two occasions.
So, they pull out of your account what they want, then gain huge interest while you wait for your hard earned money to be returned back into your bank account...do not trust them!
A very poor service.
Abysmal service from this business, I purchased through a cashback site and over a year later John Lewis said they won't pay the cashback, I started the missing cashback process 27 Dec 2018.
On 19 Mar 2019 after the cashback firm chased John Lewis Many times, they can back the reason for not paying cashback as [“terms and conditions were not used”.] however, I purchased online without a voucher code and met all terms and conditions.
Then 25 Mar 2020 after much chasing from the cashback company they came back with [“We will be standing by the original resolution”], if it takes this long to answer a query [A year!] about a £30 then I wouldn't hold my breath if I ever had to make a claim.
I joined John Lewis Premier Insurance 2 years ago on the recommendation of a friend. I had been with my previous company for 10 years and never made a claim. John Lewis set my no claims discount at 9 years as they stated that was the maximum they allowed. At the start of year 2 they put my premium up by 14% and despite not making any claims they reduced the no claims discount from 9 to 5 years. They also dropped the personal possessions limit from £3000 to £1838 and the single item limit to a similar amount. These new lower limits conflict directly with the published minimum limits for their Premier Insurance. Apart from the price increase I was not informed about the other changes which I spotted in my new policy schedule which I received after the 14 day grace period and after they had taken the payment. They refused to give a reason why they had reduced my no years claims bonus and also declined to correct it. When I rang to cancel my policy - this method is clearly stated in the policy's terms and conditions said it must be in writing. They tried to give me the hard sell stating needed to transfer onto their Specialist insurance to be covered and when I declined became aggressive and rude. My time with them is at an end and strongly recommend that you do not join them.
Phoned the John Lewis Legal Advice line for some advice about some UPVC windows I had fitted. Only for them to be wrongly advise me Under the Consumers Rights Act 2015.
They took no responsibility for incorrectly advising me even though they admitted the advise given to me at the time was incorrect.
I ended up having to fund my legal claim myself by instructing my own solicitor.
Once they found out I was taking the case to court using my own funds. They then decided to review my evidence - all over again.

After a long protracted review, they decided they were prepared to fund my case providing I accepted certain terms and conditions.

By this stage it wasn't worth it, so i continued with my own solicitor.

I won the case and got a full refund for the windows and all my legal expenses back.

A lesson to all of you. Even with overwhelming evidence John Lewis legal advisers will do everything to worm their way out of supporting your claim.

Their legal advisers are a complete waste of time, bias and lack the professionalism you would expect for John Lewis.
Smooth transaction to complete the purchase and opted for their Premium cover (despite it being almost £200 more than other providers' quotes.

My roof then started to leak after the recent storms we had in March.

I made a claim and it was decided they would send out an emergency roofer to prevent further damage. He arrived two days later! Once he inspected the roof he advised there was nothing he could do and that I should just keep the bucket I had put in place where it was to prevent the bedroom below being ruined. Not great, but I accepted it.

I then waited two weeks for an inspection, at which point I was told that the roof felt was leaking which was NOT covered. His advice... to not store things in the loft when there is bad weather.

WTF? What about the bucket I have in place to prevent serious damage to the bedroom? That's just normal is it?

This is the sort of response I would expect from a claim-dodging budget insurer, but not Premium John Lewis! I would have been better off not having house insurance and instead putting that money towards have the storm damage repaired.

Absolute joke.
John Lewis Home Insurance, an absolute dishonest establishment. They have a clear mind set and intent not to repay or avoid claims at any cost. That is their set motive as I have experienced in making my first claim. Their policy wordings are deceptive and tricky. In one section it would state that you are covered and yet, you are not. Simply dodgy. They, as stated are "prepared* NOT to accept your claim. I would never stay with JL after this. Their premiums are high and one would expect quality service from them, but unfortunately its the worst I've ever seen.
I regret being with them.
I could rate as zero stars I would. Took the policy with extra cover, was £100 more than my old policy, but had £50 voucher offer.

No voucher sent. So will cancel, and take it up with the Ombudsman. Joke, will never shop in JL again, or Waitrose.
John Lewis Insurance is rated 2.03 based on 274 reviews