John Lewis Insurance Reviews

of reviewers recommend John Lewis Insurance
Over A Week

Tell us how John Lewis Insurance made you happy
John Lewis online system refused to quote, I completed online quote twice to make sure I hadn’t made a mistake.
I phoned JLI , they said we have in February 2021 taken out a new policy provider headed by Munich Re. and are at present refining these house insurance products. But we can’t offer you insurance at present.
How then does J.Lewis get a Defaqto 5 star grading?
Still trying, after 2 days, to retrieve an online home insurance quote. Website not responding. Telephone service is just as bad - over 30 minute wait on 2 occasions. What is happening to customer service at JL?
We had the plus contents insurance policy. We were burgled and it turns out that we were underinsured. The policy was voided by the insurer. THe insurer was doing everything they could to get out of the claim. We can not recommend this insurer. It is almost like a scam.
Had a simple water leak but took two visits from the call out team, after lots of phoning to get someone out.
Inspection hole cut into kitchen ceiling and over a week later still no phone call to arrange fixing the hole not even a call to find out if it’s fixed or not.
This has been the worst customer service experience I have ever had ... not what I expected from John Lewis who I normally would recommend to any one.
Very disappointed... they just sent me a renewal as well! Don’t think so JL, sorry but another company will be getting my premium this time!
Conned into paying a premium top up on my insurance. Still waiting for Financial Services Ombudsmen to get to the bottom of it. 3 yrs and no one will answer questions straight.
Six years ago I purchased John Lewis home and buildings insurance and the premiums go up considerably each year despite no claims. This year I having received a quote for £540 pa decided to call it a day and go elsewhere. I chose John Lewis insurance as I thought even though it’s more expensive I felt reassured by the John Lewis reputation for customer service. Thank goodness I decided to leave as reading the nightmare reviews on here my feelings of reassurance were all an illusion. I spent about ten minutes on Confused website to get alternative quotes and was shocked that most of the quotes were half the price and even the more expensive ‘premier’ policy quotes were around £360. Do yourself a favour and spend ten minutes shopping around. It’s very sad that a once great brand puts its name on services that are so bad. I nearly bought some flowers from Waitrose florist website the other day again due to the brand name. The flowers looked amazing but it seemed very strange there were no customer reviews so I Googled reviews separately and they’re on an independent review website and they were truly awful...practically every single review a one star. Truly disappointing the company’s name is going down the drain.
Horrible standard recorded phone message got through to an unimpressive call centre operator who could only take a message and no call received after two days, On line service down for technical reasons. Only wanted a quote for home insurance. If its that difficult what would it be like making a claim. Called again and no effort made to take my detils for a priority call back! They used to be good at home insurance but now they have tied up with Hood insurance and Sedgwick it seems a shambles; no John Lewis values evident here!
As a long term customer of John Lewis, I was quite excited to change from my current provider to get premium contents coverage. After escalating some initial absurdity in the policy the senior management, I got a call from Jasmine Parsad, Sales & Service Executive, who initially had problems completing the quote due to system errors.

When I finally got a call back on day 2 of my quick quote, the policy was refused on the grounds of flood risk... just to be clear, my home is 1.1 miles from the Thames and there are no other bodies of water even remotely close to where I live, so unless I've missed something, I'd say that doesn't make much sense?

I was told "because it's a new system", this may be the reason why it's flagging up as a high flood risk.

Ultimately, I would strongly discourage anyone from wasting their time. Go with someone else, it would be quite difficult to do any worse. If you are like me, and you just want insurance for peace of mind, John Lewis is not the place to find this.
John Lewis Insurance is not anything to do with John Lewis it is just a front for Royal & Sun Alliance - they are a despicable company - have already changed Pet insurance. They Lied for two years running about why my premium had gone up even after I got a spoof quote for same animal (different name) and pretty much same postcode. A complaint was raised on the advice of their customer service who also reckoned i had been lied to but their internal complaints team would not uphold my complaint, I had spent to much time and effort to take it further. Now having my home insurance policy rise 10% and when i ask how as I have yet another year of no claims am told matter of factly that it's only 10% and that people that have had claims have seen theirs go up by 25%. They've had more claims due to accidental damage recently..............
House burglarised while away from home. Took over 7 months to pay out and they fought tooth and nail over value of goods. Did not pay out what was paid for items but lowest of current price.
After finishing work and coming home to a blocked drain I rang , they was so helpful and booked somebody in the same morning to come to my aid , I’m so glad I went with them
Paid a premium for a defato 5 star service put I received a 0 staff service. Refused to give a like for like replacement per their terms and conditions. Having to take legal action to recover costs they refused to reimburse.
Avoid at all costs ..expected decent servuce from a John Lewis brand.
Avoid go elsewhere and don't overpay for insurance on the defato star system either.
Extremely poor home emergency and home insurance, The response does not exist, They will not do anything to resolve your claim, I have maid so many calls so far, you dont get call back . You don't get a straight answer. Everyone you speak tp have different story. ITs shame for the John Lewis to provide such level of poorer service.
they have recorded a claim on my insurance i have not made, every contact phone number stated is not correct and doesn't connect. whats more its a system error they say has been corrected. utter in competence.
Water leak through the ceiling. No hot water, no heating. Nobody to answer calls at John Lewis insurance department. It appears that everybody has gone home for the weekend.
I have tried for days to contact John Lewis home insurance via every number I can find. The recorded message giving options is on a loop, whichever I choose repeats the message. I have sent 3 emails via mu online account, one has been returned, one has disappeared. the third won’t send.
I have been with John Lewis home insurance for many years. Tonight I wanted to add contents to my insurance. The advisor was rude, terrible at explaining, shouted at me and put the phone down. This is a terrible service. Awful.
I’ve had j. Lewis home insurance for a few years. Today I needed to add home contents to it. There must have been some confusion, stemming from terrible explanation from the j. Lewis advisor who ended up shouting down the phone and not allowing me to say anything other than’I think I’ll leave it there ‘
Truly awful experience with the worst customer skills I’ve ever come across.
I immediately spoke to a different insurer who brilliantly explained all that was needed and have consequently left j. Lewis who should be ashamed with this level of unprofessionalism.
Rang for information re my house insurance, got through but then I was hanging on for nearly an hour waiting for someone to answer, with the usual recorded voice telling me the phone would be answered as soon as someone was available. In the end had to end the call with my query unsolved. John Lewis should employ more people for phone enquiries. Will be changing to the insurance company recommended by Which for best customer services.
If I could give this no stars I would. This is a disgusting company and no wonder it's on the brink of collapse. I was approved a pay out for a stolen iPad. 2 weeks later no contact. I called to be told they had advised me wrong and would only offer £50 instead of £790. I refused, they said £100 take it or leave it. They claimed a signed receipt was not binding and couldn't care less. Disgusting company.
John Lewis Insurance is rated 2.01 based on 286 reviews