Harrisons Carpet & Flooring Reviews

Over 7 Days
2 - 3 Hours
Read Harrisons Carpet & Flooring Reviews

Tell us how Harrisons Carpet & Flooring made you happy
The website is missleading consumers stating that it is give 40% off carpets which are never priced at those prices. This is a serious breach of the fair trading act and you'll be pleased to know we have taken a copy of your site and have passed this onto the commerce commission. Also you state that you have the most robust warranty however your warranty is full of exclusions. I think I'm better to buy my carpet elsewhere.
see comments
I had an exceptionally bad experience with Sarah from Tauranga. I had plank flooring laid - Firstly they laid the kitchen and entrance way laid sideways and they laid the 2 bathrooms longways, 2 bathroom doors wouldn’t close. They had to come back and re lay the kitchen and entrance. They then put 2 small patches in the entrance and 1 small patch in the kitchen which stood out so I asked for this to be fixed. They planed down the bathroom doors damaging one of them. Shoddy job around the pipe work for the washing machine, I asked for this to be fixed, at this stage Sarah became rude stating that they had been to my place too many times..... all I want is to get a good job done, if some aspect of this job is not right then it is up to the company to put it right. Sarah asked me twice for final payment which I said I wouldn’t pay until the job was completed in a satisfactory manner. I would never have Harrison’s back in either of my homes. !!
We asked for a quote from Harrison's for carpet and vinyl, and were given a five to accept / decline it - with follow up emails reminding us of the time pressure. When we did accept, and paid the deposit, we heard nothing for a week. I got in contact again to check the deposit went through, at which time the franchisee told us the vinyl we'd chosen was no longer available. Because they are a mobile service, we had to book in another time for her to visit so we could look at more vinyl - this was a bit of a hassle, as we both work full time, and live 30mins out of town. During the second consultation we realised there was no longer any vinyl available in the same price range as the original selection; and thus our quote would now be for more than the competitors we had turned down. We opted to cancel the job, but still had to pay for the carpet that had already been ordered. Our new suppliers installed the vinyl yesterday, and had arranged to collect the carpet from Harrison's to install at the same time. Arrived home to find the carpet missing - because Harrison's had not released the carpet to our suppliers. They will now have to make another trip (hopefully not charging double mileage) to install the carpet at a different date.
Hi, I am very sorry to hear that you are disappointed with your experience. If you would like to talk to us further then please contact us at Customer Care. Kind regards, Customer Care.
Quote and installation went very well and price was comparable to other retailers. But the Tribeca carpet that was installed is the most hideous carpet I have ever had the misfortune to come across. Feels cold and damp to the touch, even in summer and you can't even leave a shoe on it without it leaving an indentation in the carpet. Within about 6 months the pile had "unravelled" in areas of any foot traffic (which is only me and no pets so hate to think what it would be like for a family). I contacted the franchisee about it but was told I needed to vacuum regularly and have it cleaned every year. 3 years on it looks worse than the 30 year carpet that was removed. Unfortunately I cannot afford to have it replaced so just have to live with it until I can. One photo is of the carpet in areas that have not been walked on and other 2 are where it has foot traffic.
Hi, Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention, I would like to discuss this further. Have the manufacturers been out to assess this carpet? Please contact us on 0800 279 009 or email us on customer.care@hah.co.nz Kind regards, Customer Care
Carpet pricing and product great but communication follow up poor
Hi, Thank you for your feedback, it is important for us to be aware of this so that we can address any issues with the Business Owners. Kind regards, Customer Care
would have appreciated if they had looked at the vinyl strips they were putting down so that that patterns were more random instead of having clusters of dark areas.
Poor communication and customer service for the part that left us living on wooden floors due to our carpet not being ordered however carpet installers were excellent and carpet looks great. Paid premium for the ‘nice’ carpet just missed out on the premium service.
Hi, Thank you for your feedback. I was sorry to hear that you were not happy with the service that you received. I have passed your comments to the Business Owner. Kind regards, Customer Care
Why are u promoting and selling synthetic carpet. When it's past its use by date it is just another large item clogging landfill sites. Support NZ and promote the carpet material we grow here... WOOL. It lasts for a very long time and is biodegradable at the end of its life. It can also carry on with a new life as garden mulch to keep the weeds at bay. Wake up Harrison's and support NZ and climate change. Thanks, Julie.
Hi, Thank you for your feedback. A very topical discussion in today's environment. Certainly something that we are investigating with our company's sustainability policies. Kind regards, Customer Care
Shane is fantastic to deal with. 3rd time using him and will do so again. Very happy with our new carpet mat.
Excellent communication from the installer but the original person who did the quote was not helpful and actually caused there to be several issues which could only have been resolved by paying more money. Overall the installer did a good job but I was left unhappy with the communication from the quoter and then the office lady was very rude when I tried to contact them and she was unavailable by phone or email for 24 hours.
Hi, Thank you for your feedback. I was sorry to hear that there were some communication issues. If you would like to discuss this further then please don't hesitate to contact Customer Care to discuss this further. Customer.care@hah.co.nz Kind regards, Customer Care
your installers were very nice and friendly, they were helpful and accommodating. thanks for everything
Pleasent to deal with, no hiden costs and completed the job in a short time frame.
very quick to take your money, very slow to get in touch .. nearly 2 months before job was put into motion, no info or care package left after carpet was laid , layers put old carpet n my pot plants and killed them, took some hanging art down and dumped in on table, completely tangled and ruined . job still not complete so will cancel the rest and request refund on unfinished job .
Phoned 10 days ago for rough estimate for cost to lay vinyl in small bathroom and toilet. This was because we are out of town and did not want to waste their time if we were not happy with laying cost. Was very surprised to be asked if we owned our home (what has that to do with you) and how many people lived there (when I asked what did that matter, was told so they would sort out what kind of vinyl we should have. Said I had already chosen what I wanted!) Was told that Geoff would contact me but obviously they are not at all interested in small jobs. Not at all impressed with this place and would not consider dealing with them now or in the future.
The vinyl was poorly laid in kitchen area. It took over a week for the contractor to come back and still was unable to correct tear in corner. Hence we are left with a possible split in vinyl as its right beside kitchen basin which gets a lot of use!
After sales service was terrible. I constantly had to chase him up
Having used Harrisons once with mixed feelings we gave them a 2nd opportunity. That opportunity was not taken in the name of integrity by the local franchiser in our area and in fact taken as a chance to provide us with a lesser quality carpet than our 1st experience, (we asked for exactly the same.) And at a top quality price. We saw though this with the help in the attitude and manner of this franchise holder who displayed a similar disposition as on his first occasion. We settled for another supplier who provided people skills, quality, and price all over. All about who you use as your agent.
At the outset I would like to commend you on a job well done. The carpet is of good quality and the installers have done an excellent job. Kudos to them. Last year we used a sister concern of yours to fit a heat pump and install ceiling and under-floor insulation. They did a great job too. Thank you from all of us. Needless to say that despite the overall satisfaction, I would not be recommending Harrisons Carpet to any of my friends or relatives.
Please refer to comments on my review. I have kept all photos and emails as I am still waiting for the actual replacement stock to arrive. I hesitated doing this review as I hope it will not have any further negative impact on my ability to get what I paid for installed, not a cobbled together patchwork quilt of bits on vinyl stuck into my continuous vinyl floor where glue, that the installer was unable to remove, oozed out of the surface of the vinyl.
Harrisons Carpet & Flooring is rated 4.69 based on 3,171 reviews