Holiday Autos Reviews

Holiday Autos 1 star review on 4th June 2021
M B
Holiday Autos 1 star review on 15th May 2021
Holiday Autos 1 star review on 15th May 2021
Terrible service. I had a very stressful experience. I had to rush back to my sick father , I was so stressed I accidentally entered my code in my credit card wrong then it blocked me. I was on the phone with the bank but they could not help , I had no choice but abandon the car hire as could not waste more time , I literally was rushing between life and death . Holiday Autos were so so horrible , made me cry how horrible people can be when there is clearly an awful situation. Never would I ever use them again
Failed at all levels. Take your money then become elusive. Refunds are impossible to get due to company format. It’s all in th T&Cs or so they say. Much better companies out there.
H vella Be very careful from this holiday autos, i paid the money to this company to rent a car, when i went to pick up the car i had my licence and credit card which you normally have to show, but u was asked to provide national insurance car, which i did not have with me, so sixth car rental where very rude, and they told me that i can claim the money from holiday autos, which now after waiting mire than 3 weeks holiday autos refused to refund the money, so be very careful and stay away from renting car from this first class rip off company
Booked a car at Sixt through them. Paid for insurance coverage through Holiday Autos, and thoir site said "The car hire supplier may ask you to purchase excess insurance at the desk. You should not need this insurance as you are covered if you add our Damage Refund Insurance." However at the counter I was told I'd have to pay a deposit of $3000 to rent the car!!! Then when I canceled the rental through Holiday Autos, they charged me a $59 "cancelation fee" for a car I never was able to rent due to their deceptive lies on their website! Avoid this company at all costs!!!
Made a booking. No confirmation. On-line 'Manage my Booking' didn't work. Rang office the next day and had to rebook for £260 more as the original vehicle was no longer available and all other options with other companies had also increased in price.
Do not recommend. Booking prize was diferent from what charge on the credit card and they were not communicating at all! Requested booking was diferent then what I got on the desk, nothing was working... Be careful with booking car via this thief service
Stole money and didnt provide car stay away if you dont want to wasre time and money
Absolute charlatans - avoid at all costs
Would have put 0 stars if there was such an option. I missed my flight, the counter was closed when I arrived, therefore I couldn’t pick up my car. Next day in the morning the company did not release the car to me and Holiday autos just said sorry you lost your money. I have rented the car for 10 days during the high season. That was a pretty significant loss to me since I had to rent a car again anyway.
Be wary of booking through this company. I have hired cars for.over 20yrs across UK Ireland and Europe and this company seem to hide the fact that, unless you take their excess Insurance, you have no insurance at all and have to Have a credit card with OVER £5000 and still have to purchase basic insurance at Hertz at €7 per day. If don't have a card with MORE than £5000, you have to buy insurance at £15per day and still have a credit card of.£2000. This is despite the fact that I have a yearly excess policy!!! I have never ever encountered this before and felt held to ransome by HOLIDAY Auto and Hertz! It should be impossible to book a car without even the basic insurance as its obvious you would need to buy expensive insurance on the day otherwise. I will never use them again and would suggest others avoid them too
Can’t get hold of anyone, not even an email address or valid phone number. Don’t use them.
Be careful to read every little detail carefully because these from holiday autos will not give you any help in case, for any problem, they do not care, you do not have to show up at the retreat for more than 6 hours. Nobody will call you and worry about why you didn't show up. The car is already paid for! No understanding. And if you come across this username "Hanaka" try to talk to someone else, maybe you will be better off.
Awful service. We paid for car rent in Bari (from 24 to 26 of August) on their cite, payment was accepted. But when we come to the renting point (Goldcar in Bari Airport, Italy), we couldn't take the car. Because Holiday cars didn't warn us about details of renting. On their site they accept all kinds of card, but in email they didn't warn that we need to have specific type of card while on the renting point. So we didn't get the car, we lose more than 100 euros. We want a refund for this poor service. But they just ignored us. Scammers!
I booked a car through them and They sent me an email that they had received the request but the reservation was not confirmed. Right then I email them back to cancel that booking however they did not respond. Later the airlines canceled my flight and I again contacted them and I got a chat box which said that my complaint had been received and somebody would follow up with me. They did not follow up with me and three days later told me that I was responsible for the entire sum of more than $2000. Would not do business with them again. I would not recommend them either to anyone.
The desk at Montpellier Airport was closed when my plane arrived. I had to stay nearby and returned the next morning. The desk staff bluntly told me my booking was cancelled and no refund available from them. He said, contact Holiday Autos and when I did they said it's Europcar's policy not to refund the fee. I lost over £650 for nothing and had to book through another company.
Do NOT ever rent a car with them. Horrible costumer service. Delivery is horrible. I did not pick up my car and they would not give me a refund.
Don't touch these guys. They are thieves. I cancelled my 12 day rental contract on the first day of the contract when I found I could not fly due to COVID results. They retained every penny of the £550 I paid them. I feel sick.
Booked a company called Global Hire Car for collection at Gdańsk airport. I paid extra for excess insurance with Holiday Autos. we arrived late at night (paid extra for late collection) and we’re told that because my credit card had less than 6 months to run I would have to buy Globals insurance at €150 per day + a full tank of fuel. This was the last thing we needed at 2am. We were brave enough to walk away rather than be taken in by this con. We called HolidayAutos who did nothing to help and said this was hidden deep in Globals terms and conditions. If you look at Globals reviews you can see this is all part of their business model and I am appalled HolidayAutos are endorsing this corrupt practices. I will now be making a claim against our credit card.
Awful they cancelled my booking due to a technical issue and did not contact me to inform.
Awful company. I did not have the chance to cancel my booking because I am using Apple devices. I did booking on my iPad but was not possible to cancel on it. they don't even try to contact me to get a refund. Disgusting AVOID them
Holiday Autos is rated 1.10 based on 387 reviews