Holiday Autos Reviews

Cee
Holiday Autos 1 star review on 27th December 2021
Viacheslav
Holiday Autos 1 star review on 23rd October 2021
Had a horrible experience with them as well as Abbycar rental company in Greece. In the end we were charged twice what we paid in the website when Abbycar's employee refused to give us the car, retended that he canceled the booking and resell the same car in similar price in a weird 'insurance' extra charge. Trying to get my money back but looks like they work together scamming people. They should face the court and stop this illegal act.
Avoid at all costs!!!!!! was notified 12 hours before travelling that no car was available but wanted to charge us 4 times the original rate (let me repeat, 4 times the original paid rate) to accommodate us. Shocking customer service.Worse than shocking!!
Absolute disappointing company where their internal processes for credit card payments and their conditions do not align. Causing incorrect bookings, no car and lost payments for customers.
Poor customer service, would not allow us to cancel, even after we queued for 2.5 hrs and they had no car to give us
Do not use them. You turn up to pick up the car and they take the same amount again if you or a deposit of 1200 for the most basic car which they are you would have to fight to get back from the insurance company. Absolutely shocking behaviour for which they hide behind the agency which you booked it with stating that its should have been better advertised with them. Do not use them. Pay a bit more and have nice service which isn’t trying to scam you before you even drive off.
Fraud company that will look for a 1,000 reasons to try an cancel your booking and not refund your money. They literally fraud me for $1,000, when I met all their conditions. This is a joke of a company and you should stay very far away !!
Terrible service. I had a very stressful experience. I had to rush back to my sick father , I was so stressed I accidentally entered my code in my credit card wrong then it blocked me. I was on the phone with the bank but they could not help , I had no choice but abandon the car hire as could not waste more time , I literally was rushing between life and death . Holiday Autos were so so horrible , made me cry how horrible people can be when there is clearly an awful situation. Never would I ever use them again
Failed at all levels. Take your money then become elusive. Refunds are impossible to get due to company format. It’s all in th T&Cs or so they say. Much better companies out there.
H vella Be very careful from this holiday autos, i paid the money to this company to rent a car, when i went to pick up the car i had my licence and credit card which you normally have to show, but u was asked to provide national insurance car, which i did not have with me, so sixth car rental where very rude, and they told me that i can claim the money from holiday autos, which now after waiting mire than 3 weeks holiday autos refused to refund the money, so be very careful and stay away from renting car from this first class rip off company
Booked a car at Sixt through them. Paid for insurance coverage through Holiday Autos, and thoir site said "The car hire supplier may ask you to purchase excess insurance at the desk. You should not need this insurance as you are covered if you add our Damage Refund Insurance." However at the counter I was told I'd have to pay a deposit of $3000 to rent the car!!! Then when I canceled the rental through Holiday Autos, they charged me a $59 "cancelation fee" for a car I never was able to rent due to their deceptive lies on their website! Avoid this company at all costs!!!
Made a booking. No confirmation. On-line 'Manage my Booking' didn't work. Rang office the next day and had to rebook for £260 more as the original vehicle was no longer available and all other options with other companies had also increased in price.
Do not recommend. Booking prize was diferent from what charge on the credit card and they were not communicating at all! Requested booking was diferent then what I got on the desk, nothing was working... Be careful with booking car via this thief service
Stole money and didnt provide car stay away if you dont want to wasre time and money
Absolute charlatans - avoid at all costs
Would have put 0 stars if there was such an option. I missed my flight, the counter was closed when I arrived, therefore I couldn’t pick up my car. Next day in the morning the company did not release the car to me and Holiday autos just said sorry you lost your money. I have rented the car for 10 days during the high season. That was a pretty significant loss to me since I had to rent a car again anyway.
Be wary of booking through this company. I have hired cars for.over 20yrs across UK Ireland and Europe and this company seem to hide the fact that, unless you take their excess Insurance, you have no insurance at all and have to Have a credit card with OVER £5000 and still have to purchase basic insurance at Hertz at €7 per day. If don't have a card with MORE than £5000, you have to buy insurance at £15per day and still have a credit card of.£2000. This is despite the fact that I have a yearly excess policy!!! I have never ever encountered this before and felt held to ransome by HOLIDAY Auto and Hertz! It should be impossible to book a car without even the basic insurance as its obvious you would need to buy expensive insurance on the day otherwise. I will never use them again and would suggest others avoid them too
Can’t get hold of anyone, not even an email address or valid phone number. Don’t use them.
Be careful to read every little detail carefully because these from holiday autos will not give you any help in case, for any problem, they do not care, you do not have to show up at the retreat for more than 6 hours. Nobody will call you and worry about why you didn't show up. The car is already paid for! No understanding. And if you come across this username "Hanaka" try to talk to someone else, maybe you will be better off.
Awful service. We paid for car rent in Bari (from 24 to 26 of August) on their cite, payment was accepted. But when we come to the renting point (Goldcar in Bari Airport, Italy), we couldn't take the car. Because Holiday cars didn't warn us about details of renting. On their site they accept all kinds of card, but in email they didn't warn that we need to have specific type of card while on the renting point. So we didn't get the car, we lose more than 100 euros. We want a refund for this poor service. But they just ignored us. Scammers!
I booked a car through them and They sent me an email that they had received the request but the reservation was not confirmed. Right then I email them back to cancel that booking however they did not respond. Later the airlines canceled my flight and I again contacted them and I got a chat box which said that my complaint had been received and somebody would follow up with me. They did not follow up with me and three days later told me that I was responsible for the entire sum of more than $2000. Would not do business with them again. I would not recommend them either to anyone.
Holiday Autos is rated 1.1 based on 433 reviews