Hsbc Reviews

of reviewers recommend Hsbc
Telephone, Email, Live Chat

Tell us how Hsbc made you happy
I wish there was the option to click on 0 or minus stars. I cannot begin to describe the bad experience I have had with this bank since my husband passed away in 2017. My husband and I were customers of this bank for over 40 years since it was Midland Bank. We worked until we were in our 70's, our wages credited to Midland and then HSBC, since retirement our pensions (both private and state) went into our HSBC account. After my husband passed away my account was almost immediately frozen and I could not access any money, I have had nothing but problems since with HSBC. I don't have the time to write all of my issues but my latest problem is that they WILL NOT allow me access to my accounts or MY money! I'm hard of hearing so my daughter assists me with telephone calls, HSBC have always allowed my daughter to speak to them as long as I give a few security details and my consent. I transferred a substantial amount to my account around a month ago, they will not allow me access to this money or access to transfer this money. I telephoned HSBC and they first said that I should attend branch, an 82 year old lady with health issues in the peak of lock down. It was then decided that I would receive a security code by post (which I never received). We telephoned again to be told that there was a restriction on my online and telephone banking and no access would be authorised to my account or MY MONEY unless I attend branch, again I reiterate I'm an 82 year old lady with health issues in the peak of lock down. HSBC YOU ARE A DISGRACE! You should at least allow me to authorise my daughter to attend branch or find another way around this, I have been sat at home in tears over this, I feel that you are stealing my money from me. After over 40 years of banking with HSBC I am taking my account elsewhere, I will be closing my account effective immediately and I will NEVER recommend you to ANYONE! ABSOLUTE DISGRACE TO BANKING!!!
Worst bank ever. Bank with someone else.
Non existent customer services, I’m acting as a verified power of attorney for my elderly parents bank account, HSBC have locked online banking and refuse to unlock the account although they have promised twice that they would do so. I have no faith that things will get better so am going to the branch tomorrow and closing the account. What a useless, pathetic, awful, uncaring organisation that refuses to give me access to my bank account.
Iam a retired srn nurse,pensioner and carer. Recent statement for the month revealed fraud of £3000,hsbc stepped in after 2weeks of fraudulent activity, and replaced £1500 but £1500 still not reimbursed .When I confronted them with this they responded by taking £75 which they said they had overcharged me. £1500 is a lot of money to a pensioner .
poor customer service, refused overdraft and no financial support.
The worst customer support service I have ever encountered!! They even can't bother themselves to deal with fraud transactions after I contacted them many times
Very bad customer services
I haven't got to be a customer. I applied for an account and was told my credit score isn't high enough. I asked what score I needed. They didn't know and said there's nobody who could tell me. I had to wait 45 minutes on the phone to find that out. I also visited a branch. Just can't get a straight answer out of them.
Secure key stopped working. Took 2 weeks to send a new one but no code came for it. They claim to have posted one a month after they sent the secure key! It still has not arrived. They could not text a code because I had updated my address. (I haven’t). I am now locked out of my account and I am sick to death of this bank’s incompetence and lack of customer care.
The £75 to lure customers . Is a lie . They do that false advertising . I've had so many problems with this bank even though it's my first month with these pieces of shits. The staff have no clue what so ever . About how to help customers . They don't offer to call back not do the email you back . They're a scam company . Avoid at all costs .this bank should be closed for good . Liars and bad service . No rewards . Nothing at all . Just a boring bank . Waiting to make money out if your hard earned cash . Beware .
Just absolutely boycott this bank!
We got our US credit ruined from excellent to fair because they take 14, yes FOURTEEN days to process payment. The hotel in the UK tried to charge the week. The card got declined. I paid with another credit card. BUT HSBC CHARGED THE MONEY IN THE CARD, left us with -500 dollars and sent the report to the credit union. It is the worst bank we have ever had. And we have many, happy with all of them. We HAD NEVER had a mark in our credit. A DISASTER!!! NOW we have to try and get the money back. Because the hotel never got it. An absolute shame!!!!!!!!
Arbitrary freeze on my account, to be us charges, tons of problems logging into the online app, and customer service unable to handle any of it. I’ve had about 15 banks in my life and this is by far the worst bank.
BREXIT WON! REMAIN C-CKSUCKERS LOST
Opening an account with them is unnecessarily difficult, complicated and if it weren't for the incentive, a complete waste of time. We tried to open once already, but the process took so long (weeks) that when they said we had been approved we decided not to proceed. For some reason they could not make a decision on whether we qualified for an account and could not tell us exactly why it was taking so long either. We tried again because they had an incentive, and when it got to the stage where we had to install mobile banking on our phones, the security questions and passwords, security pass numbers we were required to remember was like a mental obstacle course! If I'm not mistaken there was a security key, 3 security questions, a username, a password, a digital passCODE that we had to remember just to install the app. It is ABSURD that the initial password they ask from you was not even the one required to open the app, but a separate digital pass key, and then a 6 digit number on top of that. Then there is a code generator that you need to use so that you can log on to Internet banking if you ever need that. I'm a pretty mentally agile, technologically literate woman in her 30s and even I found this annoying and complex. Then the lady at the branch rang us a day after our appointment to say our proof of address was not valid, so could we go back in branch and supply another one? Do these people not understand that it is not easy to just haul ourselves (joint account and 2 different schedules, plus children under 3 on tow) to go to the branch some 30 mins away and give them documents that they should have been competent enough to screen while we were there? Which reminds me. The morning of our appointment, the branch was closed due to a power outage so we headed home, only for someone to call us 10 minutes after the appointment time, to say could we go to that other branch instead? On we went to the far branch. When you're on the phone with them too, the number of QUESTIONS you have to repeatedly answer is just so annoying. What a waste of time going through the digital security steps, only to be asked again by the agent for the exact same details, then for some reason, they ask you AGAIN "to confirm". I don't know if they are just being extra secure or simply incompetent. If it weren't for that damn incentive I would not put myself through this. It makes me realise I have more self worth and my time is worth more than whatever their cash incentive is. For sure I will be leaving once it lands in my account. STAY AWAY.
Been with hsbc over 35 years im now thinking of changing banks due to harrasment txts over overdrafts and absolutely no customer support except in uk or a call centre in india
This outfit (from Worthing branch) is persistently chasing us for a payment to a company we purchased goods from. Our payment was made by BACS before Christmas and within the permitted time scale. We keep getting letters demanding monies with the usual threats but have written with full details explaining payment has already been made. They have not replied but have now resorted to telephoning with the same demands. They promised to investigate and ring back today but haven't done so. In 50 years of trading we have never experienced such ineptness. Don't go near them for ANYTHING!
Tried calling their help line. Seems it is in Asia. Complete waste of time. Difficult to understand what they are saying and seem pretty clueless anyway. Will need to visit local bank to try and get some sense it seems.
If only there was NO STAR!!!! Shocking Bank. My wife & I went in to borrow on our property that would leave a 75% equity & mortgage paid up in 3 years......but NO! Too risky... Turned out the girl had put in completely the wrong information & after telling us she needed to adjust our information & do yet another credit search we lost it & walked out. No mobile number, no direct email, always off & utterly unprofessional. Not not go Near East Grinstead or Oxted branches.
Never had such an awful experience. Called the abroad customer service number. I am speechless, hence the short review. They are AWFUL.
Hsbc is rated 1.39 based on 461 reviews