Metro Bank Reviews

of reviewers recommend Metro Bank

Tell us how Metro Bank made you happy
I have always found metro bank to be a good bank. Whenever I have had to go into my local Chelmsford metro bank I have always found the staff to be happy helpful and just really nice people. I'm not very good with technology and they are always patient with me. Nothing is too much trouble. Also when I have have needed to call the bank I have always found the person to be nice and polite. Great bank.
Erm so they don't have like a support email you can write them to... Which is extremely frustrating cos I hate calling over the phone. And there are like several generations now that don't do calls only email and text and yet no email or online chart. What a joke! And!! I wanted to send them a complaint about this but guess what you can't email them your complaint either...you can call them or write a handwritten letter... what a joke of a bank...
This is the worst bank! I have made countless follow up for cheque pick up but they always send me templated response, or worse they never respond at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been waiting for 3 months for the cheque pick up request from my refund that has been processed for a year!!!!!!!!
Do not like the metro bank new online. It’s absolutely ridiculous and does not work with all browsers. Gone into the branch asking to open an account, 3 hours wait. Rude lady spoke to me. I used to love Metro bank now it’s gone down the drain.
My account got locked. I live overseas and due to pandemic, I can't even use my money as Metrobank atm have only limited access to certain few countries. Been contacting the customer service since August! No reply. NO reply. Now I even can't access my account as the bank had changed phone app policy!! Very poor service!! I would not recommend Metrobank bank!!
Never have I ever felt so hopeless, helpless than when I walked into the bookkeeping area had a conv. W/ a young gentleman @ reconciling my acct for 2(two) discrepancies on or about Wed the 10th Nov 21. WHY do you make it the acct holders responsibility to call the business of said fraudulent activity? It's likely not going to heed success. The position if customer SVC will be more likely to have such financial expediting return. I still have not called the 2 businesses where my own $, not the criminals, was taken out for the benefit of the criminal. My account continues to go into OD mode and now I know why! But ...I'm only the pieon!
I was scammed by an online merchant imitating official government website. I didn’t receive anything but a fake passenger locator form with wrong name hours after my flight. I raised concerns with the customer services as I thought it was a genuine government website and they stated they need bank details to verify my ID but no charge was declared. Many passengers fell victim and issued successful chargeback with their banks. Not Metro Bank which took the side of online fraudsters. Needless to say the website doesn’t even exist as it has been removed by Greek authorities. I received a letter from Lauren Tipping from Metro Bank “respectfully suggesting” me to go to the merchant direct. This despite several unanswered emails which they have on record but haven’t read. I’ve tried to call Metro bank and was transferred from one clueless adviser to another for over 1 hour and 20 minutes. Total shambles. Regardless of the outcome I’m going to close my account with them. This is no longer serious bank with competent staff.
Poor customer service!!!! I am trying to change my phone number from their call support / email support. I sent documents through email and even confidential documents multiple times just to have it fixed, for nothing! They were not able to help me!!! So now i cannot access the money in my acct since they switched to that new website that is sending out that one time password through phone!
They keep on taking money out from the account during a transaction without you knowing they've taken it. If you are not going to keep tabs on your transactions, you would not notice they've been taking money out from you for facking Free
The old online banking was so much better than the new one! You was not limited to what you can do. The best part of the old version was you can search a transaction and see all the payments you have made to that one person, now you have to go through each month and search the transactions one by one which is time consuming. I have never hated a online banking app so much untill now!
We are a New Business so of course would like to set up a Business bank Account. This is our first start up business venture. Metro bank says - "Banking for businesses that put people first...." Also Metro bank says – “No we don't want any newly set up business as a customer....” After being declined online, Obviously, this brand-new business entity does not have a credit history - it’s a few weeks old. I rang a lovely person at Metro who was very polite. She said Metro bank has run a credit search and declined because we do not have a credit history. Me - Ok - but how do we work around this because (a) we are a new business and (b) we want to become a customer of Metro Bank. Metro bank – “No way......”. So – at some point in the future with hardwork/blood/sweat & tears willing - our new business has a very credible & solid credit history - I really must remember to switch and bring all our money and give it to Metro Bank.....(I do love a bit of sarcasm......) Good Luck to Metro Bank for the future - our paths will never cross again....
Not recommended When there is a problem they would not fix it and will mess it up with really awful customer service. This does not make up for the longer opening hours etc. I would not recommend this bank as you will need a bank that sorts out issues and not make it worse. I have an issue currently where the bank is holding MY money £500 in a holding account and said it might take 6 months to get it back and they would not give me any update.
i used metro bank for the loan rate of 4.8 but saw a better one at tesco bank but already committed to metro so it is ok but better rates are maybe available elsewhere
I am a business customer. The new website is appalling! Hard to navigate. Impossible to printout recent transaction. In order to print out the Payment Successful screen, you have to high light the info that you require. If you just right click and select print you get 2 pages of the side bar headings. While RBS displays the payment date on the Payment Successful screen MetroBank doesn't, why not? Already have accounting software why are you trying to sign me up for some thing else? Security - no card reader unlike other banks. Login screens have been designed by programmers not users. Cannot recommend. Thinking of changing banks.
Staff are not up to the job of providing commercial banking. They freeze bank accounts without notice or reason. Dishonest, disrespectful staff incapable of dealing with regular commercial banking business. Under no circumstances should you bank at Metro Bank if you are a small business.
Awful customer service.. just non existent..
AVOID THIS BANK! Day three of my account being frozen I have no money to eat, no money to pay bills, it is a complete failure on their part. Their security department is unreachable and they will not help me in my time of need. Safe to say all faith has been lost in this banks ability to problem solve. Waiting fifteen days for a solution is nowhere near acceptable. This procedure clearly needs a review and they need to sort their internal communications because a security department that is unreachable is ridiculous. My mental health is taking a serious hit from this situation, having to borrow money and hope everything works out in time and I don't fall into rent arrears and into late payments, I have tried my hardest to stress this is a very serious matter for me but every person I speak to simply says unfortunately there is nothing I can do for you at the moment, they just don't seem to care about the problems they are causing me! Please do yourself a favour and avoid this 'bank' at all costs!
They mismanaged my online account and were very difficult to deal with. Eventually they paid me £75.00 as compensation but I would have preferred to have had better service at the outset.
Really terrible experience.Banked with Metrobank for 8 years & due to Covid19 needed to switch my business from a Fintech to a high street bank to access Government supports.They had declined a business account a few years back(My business had a non payment from a client and loses due to this in excess of 200k which we are currently chasing in court. Obviously this has caused myself and the company many problems and affected our credit file) I had contacted the Managing Director Ian Walters to appeal & his colleague had informed me that the extra information I supplied would be taken into consideration-aside from a hard credit check. The Customer Relations Director Nick Simon suggested I reapply in branch during lockdown, I forwarded him many details of the reasons for the issues on credit file. Went to the meeting the representative in the bank had no knowledge of the situation or extra information, did a hard credit check and simply brushed me off with another declined application. What I felt was particularly awful about this was Nick Simon let it slip in an email after this that the decision was predetermined the previous week by the regional manager. Therefore it’s easy to conclude this meeting was totally pointless and I can only assume it was for their own amusement. Shocking experience to have my time totally wasted, while attending pointless meetings during lockdown with no consideration towards the extra information I had supplied. This was the basis of my contact to the Managing Director Ian Walters in the first place. Aside from this I haven’t been able to access and funding for my company as there are huge waiting lists with other banks and many have stopped opening business accounts to focus on both their existing personal and business customers. I used to have a great deal of respect for Metrobank and their business model. I have notice standards slide in recents years, which is perhaps why they are no longer doing as well as they had been. My advice for anyone looking for a banking partner would be to look elsewhere. You may not get free Lollipops in store, but it’s highly unlikely another bank will make a fool out of you and ask you to attend a meeting in which they knowingly plan to refuse your application; as it was already decided the week before which they were in full knowledge of and clearly admitted to me afterwards. I like most other people am just trying to save my business and take care of my fiancé and 2 year old son. Could of handled a flat no, but the level of disrespect I received by this bank and the imposed superiority the banks staff so falsely try to act with, is despicable.
Appalling account opening procedures. Staff are poorly trained and have no power to make decisions for themselves.
Metro Bank is rated 2.03 based on 32 reviews