Metro Bank Reviews

of reviewers recommend Metro Bank

Tell us how Metro Bank made you happy
Really terrible experience.Banked with Metrobank for 8 years & due to Covid19 needed to switch my business from a Fintech to a high street bank to access Government supports.They had declined a business account a few years back(My business had a non payment from a client and loses due to this in excess of 200k which we are currently chasing in court. Obviously this has caused myself and the company many problems and affected our credit file) I had contacted the Managing Director Ian Walters to appeal & his colleague had informed me that the extra information I supplied would be taken into consideration-aside from a hard credit check. The Customer Relations Director Nick Simon suggested I reapply in branch during lockdown, I forwarded him many details of the reasons for the issues on credit file. Went to the meeting the representative in the bank had no knowledge of the situation or extra information, did a hard credit check and simply brushed me off with another declined application. What I felt was particularly awful about this was Nick Simon let it slip in an email after this that the decision was predetermined the previous week by the regional manager. Therefore it’s easy to conclude this meeting was totally pointless and I can only assume it was for their own amusement. Shocking experience to have my time totally wasted, while attending pointless meetings during lockdown with no consideration towards the extra information I had supplied. This was the basis of my contact to the Managing Director Ian Walters in the first place.

Aside from this I haven’t been able to access and funding for my company as there are huge waiting lists with other banks and many have stopped opening business accounts to focus on both their existing personal and business customers.

I used to have a great deal of respect for Metrobank and their business model. I have notice standards slide in recents years, which is perhaps why they are no longer doing as well as they had been.

My advice for anyone looking for a banking partner would be to look elsewhere.
You may not get free Lollipops in store, but it’s highly unlikely another bank will make a fool out of you and ask you to attend a meeting in which they knowingly plan to refuse your application; as it was already decided the week before which they were in full knowledge of and clearly admitted to me afterwards.

I like most other people am just trying to save my business and take care of my fiancé and 2 year old son. Could of handled a flat no, but the level of disrespect I received by this bank and the imposed superiority the banks staff so falsely try to act with, is despicable.
Appalling account opening procedures. Staff are poorly trained and have no power to make decisions for themselves.
AJ is amazing. I’ve never had someone put so much time and care into helping me set up an account. I couldn’t recommend anyone more if you need help or guidance he is the man for the job !! I will be back to use metro bank he has proved this is the best bank and provided the best service
Has anyone received mobile calls from strange numbers after applying for a Metro Bank savings account? A few days after I applied I started receiving calls from Uganda, Tunisia, Argentina, Moldova, Albania, Georgia, Senegal, Switzerland. There were others but I have deleted them from my phone. I did not answer any of the calls. They usually only rang once. Possibly thinking I would call them back? It just seems a very strange coincidence this should happen at this time. Not sure I feel happy enough to continue with the opening of the account.
Do not use. Opened an account but for some reason they are unable to text me so I cannot use online banking or access my money. They are also unable to close the account. At this point unclear how I ever get my money back. Appalling customer service.
Too painful to deal with - avoid
I went for opening an account (Saving and Business) with them. I met a gentleman called Ajay Bhatti. what a great service he provided. he has done a wonderful job, and comfort me well. All the best.
Always polite
Despite several phone calls and emails, I have still not been able to withdraw cash from my account, I have been scammed and yet nobody cares that MY LEGALLY EARNED WAGES are being held hostage by your bank, how can I give you what you are asking for if I have no way of getting it, what you are doing is illegal and morally and ethically corrupt, these are my LEGALLY EARNED WAGES from B&M that you are preventing me from accessing, I have now had to resort to using a food bank and am unable to pay my electric bill and water bill, I realise that in the grand scheme of things I may not be important enough to your bank as I don't have millions invested in you, but what you are doing by holding my LEGALLY EARNED WAGES from B &M is WRONG or do you only care about getting richer off the backs of poorer people ? Give me back my LEGALLY EARNED WAGES
Metro Bank is NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE.
Used them for 3 years for my business. The Aylesbury business manager makes lots of promises but never actually does anything, let alone get back to you as promised or responds to emails or voice mail. Not sure what the purpose of that person is but he most certainly should not be a "Business Manager". Have now moved my account to Santander who are very responsive and actually care about their business customers
I've found Metro bank great because:

1. Very easy and hassle free opening an account and get cards and
everything immediately.
2. Fantastic opening hours up to 8:00pm weekdays and 5:00pm on
Sundays.
3. Easy online banking and anytime i have contacted them their staff
have been very helpful.
What's to decide?
Very transparent mortgage offer, fast track legal pack.
they are always very friendly easy to talk to their online banking very good and also the bank very helpful for your needs not like the others
Store seems to offer everything except bank accounts. Six weeks after making application still waiting. No one person seems to take responsibility to see things through. Great if you want a sit down, coffee or dog biscuit though!!!!
Metro Bank is rated 2.93 based on 14 reviews