My Food Bag Reviews

of reviewers recommend My Food Bag
Email, Live Chat, Telephone
Read My Food Bag Reviews

About My Food Bag:

We're your answer to "what's for dinner?" with fresh ingredients and easy recipes to cook delicious dinners, delivered to you.

hello@myfoodbag.co.nz

My Food Bag 5 star review on 7th April 2021
Sue
My Food Bag 5 star review on 7th April 2021
Nicole
Amee
My Fresh Start is great for meal prep time mostly can be prepped in under 30 mins. After several weeks it gets all a bit same same with the recipes i.e. 1 fish meal two chicken and one other type meal and sometimes the portions are a bit lean generally happy with it
(Fresh Start (5 Nights For 2)) - Posted 1 year ago
Vegetables are often yuck, not fresh. Nice and easy recipes, it’s good not having to think of what’s for dinner every night. Heat and eat meals tend to be the best.
(Heat 2 Cook 2 (4 Nights For 2)) - Posted 1 year ago
1st Was a little disappointed that the lettuce didn’t last until the 4th day was slimy around the edges. 2nd week on the 2nd day some of the cherry tomatoes were shrivelled up. But overall meals are nice.
(My Classic (4 Nights For 2)) - Posted 1 year ago
3 stars, 1 for the convenience, 1 for the exposure to new food and recipes, and 1 for teaching us new skills in the kitchen.

after using this for a few months now 2 stars are lost. 1 for the price and 1 for the repeatative meals each week.

overall we enjoy it.
(My Family (5 Nights For 4)) - Posted 1 year ago
Love the concept and the meals. Always feel like I am eating nutritious meals. I have only given 3 stars due to issues with quality of produce and delivery of the wrong box, I was sent box for 2 people but ordered a 4 person. I did complain and the guy that took my call was very helpful, but I use my food bag for convenience and having a 2 person bag was not convenient..
(My Classic (5 Nights For 4)) - Posted 1 year ago
I switched to fresh start for this week and every meal has meat in it. And three of them heavy red meat. No fish at all.
As one person I only have two options for my food bag. However my preference is to eat far less red meat if possible.
Am considering going to change back.
(Fresh Start (5 Meals For 1)) - Posted 1 year ago
It's convienent, but there are some repeat and/or boring recipe types in there. It's quite annoying to pay all that money only for one of the recipes to be Steak, Chips and Salad type meal each week - not very inspiring!
(My Classic (5 Meals For 1)) - Posted 1 year ago
Love the food but prefer Hello Fresh the way each meal is in 1 bag which also doubles up as a rubbish bag.

Don’t like the fact you can’t choose your meals and doesn’t have less than 5 nights as an option!!

Will probably revert back to Helli Fresh
(Fresh Start (5 Nights For 2)) - Posted 1 year ago
I would give it a 5 star for flavour and produce but with so many orders of ours being wrong it’s hard to look past that part of the service . One week receiving one chicken breast for a family of 4 , another week only received 2 our 5 meal sauces which creates the flavour and the last order receiving completely green hard as rock tomatoes and missing another main sauce ingredient.
If these incidents didn’t happen then I would rate higher but since we are paying for a service and the convenience of not having to go to the supermarket I have to rate lower as it has been a frustrating process .
(My Classic (5 Nights For 4)) - Posted 1 year ago
We enjoy the food but some feedback would be to really think about the food that is both covered and touching plastic and also the use of single use plastic in all the packaging aspects of your product.

There are many new plant based (and none plastic) options out there now for packaging. I appreciate that these options might be more expensive than your standard plastic option but I have heard this from a number of people now and it would be the main reason for me to stop ordering.

Thanks for listening and look forward to seeing more progress in this space in the future.
(Fresh Start (5 Nights For 4)) - Posted 1 year ago
It is convenient but the recipes are not always appealing - probably harder as we are recently vegetarian and the kids still have a few veges they don’t like. I like that you can skip weeks so easily, that way I just get it when I like the look of the recipes, about one week a month.
(My Classic Christmas Large – Ham) - Posted 1 year ago
Love my food bag! It’s taught my boy friend to cook. Yum healthy food. Would love if the packaging avoided lots of plastic though
(My Classic (3 Nights For 2)) - Posted 1 year ago
We have enjoyed the fresh start since we started. But just recently probably changing from the winter vegetables to the summer salads - we have found them not to be as filling ! & not as tasty. (do not look as appetising either) we eat with our eyes. The free box of fruit was past its sell by date apart from the bananas & pears. Overall we have enjoyed the winter deliveries more.
The salmon portion size was not quite big enough for two people.
(Fresh Start (5 Nights For 2)) - Posted 1 year ago
I love not having to think about what I will be cooking each night. Most of the recipes are delicious, and introduce new flavour combinations compared to what I would normally cook myself. However my kids don’t like most of the offerings in the ‘veggie bag’ and the ‘family bag’ has too much meat. Ideally you’ld have an offering called ‘family veggie bag’.
(My Family (5 Nights For 4)) - Posted 1 year ago
Our family have been enjoying my food bag. Meals are easy, quick and have lots of vegetables.
(Heat 2 Cook 2 (4 Nights For 4)) - Posted 1 year ago
Love the veg meals but would love an express veg option - 20 min veg box?

Also, packaging is a big concern? Any thoughts on how you can improve this?
(My Veggie (4 Nights For 2)) - Posted 1 year ago
Meals are generally good but the amount of packaging, which MFB refuse to take responsibility for, is disgusting
(My Veggie (3 Nights For 4)) - Posted 1 year ago
Over time the recipes are repetitive. Eg. steak and roast potato/kumara.
There is always a couple of 'meh' meal each week, while there used to be just the odd one that wasn't so good. I find I keep 1/5 recipes to cook again, and throw the rest away.
Finding more mistakes in recipes/giving wrong spices etc.
(My Family (5 Nights For 4)) - Posted 1 year ago
It is really healthy food that you are supplied with and really nice recipes; however it is rather expensive and to buy it as well as all your other groceries for the week can be a bit much.
Hey guys - no kemongrass paste in today’s ready in 20 box 😫😤