Nordstrom Reviews

38% of reviewers recommend Nordstrom

How would you rate Nordstrom ?

(optional)

45 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Nordstrom in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"I shopped Nordstrom before until they contacted me and told me they credit me more than I paid for returned items due to system problems and they are trying to fix the system and it is not my fault, but they want me to pay it back, so I been dealing with Mr Brain Kradish how works in the Civil Department, the man when I called him on March, 26 first time he started making threats and racially motivated comments, I really could not believe my ears I am dealing with someone how rep Nordstrom on this level, even it is not my fault, I explain to him he cannot make threats and racial comments to anyone. I was calling you to reach a solution and make an offer. I don't know if it was him or Nordstrom BUSINESS STANDARDS."
"The reason for this review is to inform people that Nordstrom's policies are no longer customer service-oriented nor are their personnel. I remember when that was their cachet. I have been a Nordstrom customer for 40 years; my mother was a Nordstrom customer and so was my grandmother when the only Nordstrom store in existence was located in Seattle. I was at the first Nordstrom’s grand opening here in San Diego. When I worked for them for a short period 10 years ago, I learned they were not all they were purported to be. Despite their declining customer service even in their full-price stores, I continued to shop there. But no more. On Saturday, their couldn’t-care-less attitude for servicing their customers was demonstrated by the current Nordstrom Rack “manager” Cindy (actual store manager was off) in the Carmel Mountain Ranch area of San Diego. I requested to speak with the manager after the cashier had wasted enough of my time trying to find my purchase in their computer—even though I told her the three sweaters I was trying to return still had their tags on them. The prices and the store’s barcodes were clearly showing and I pointed them out. The sweaters were in perfect condition and I had brought them back to the store in which I purchased them. When the manager of the day came over, she repeated the same “policy” as the cashier—no returns after 45 days, which used to be 60 days, and you must have the receipt. I asked, “Where does it state that?” She said, “All over the store.” The places must not be obvious as I had and still have never seen them. She also said, “it’s on the back of the receipt” and she showed me the back of a receipt--light grey print on a white receipt. I couldn’t read it. Nothing like making your important policies so they cannot be found or read. Shady. Just like some of their practices that I learned about when I worked for them. Throughout our conversation she seemed to be disassociating Nordstrom from Nordstrom Rack. Did it matter that I had been shopping with the Nordstrom Rack since they arrived in San Diego about 30 years ago and that I had never heard that before? No. Did it matter that I had been an original Nordstrom customer since they first appeared in San Diego? No. To add insult to injury, she then decided to insult me by stating, “I could only give you a penny for that sweater,” and then attempting to rationalize such nonsense. Never any apologies. I am pretty sure that in Selling 101, you aren’t taught cheeky insults to use on your customers. It certainly wasn’t part of my training when I worked for the company. Nordstrom is not what they used to be. Their customer service isn’t what it used to be, their staff isn’t what it used to be, and their reputation isn’t what it used to be. Too bad for them. This long-time customer will not be returning. Sadly, they are not above the pack anymore—they have joined the pack, if not moved to the bottom."
Amanda Jarvis
"Bought my mom something for her birthday, but she didn't like it. They gave a full refund and treated me so nicely. Will be back :)"
"Nordstrom is no longer the store that it once was for quality clothing from respected manufacturers. Actually it hasn’t been now for several years. So very disappointing."
"I shopped at Nordstrom at South Point Mall in Durham, NC on March 5, 2018.I had a salesperson who assisted me in the shoe department who went beyond what is expected of an employee. His name is Dezi Johnson and he is without question exceptional!"
"Staff at The Oaks location is so rude I resorted to online shopping. This experience was no better (I have been a Nordstrom card holder for years at other US locations). After placing an order for a very large and bulky bedding set, I changed my mind in under 5 minutes (literally). I immediately started an online chat and was told that they would not cancel the item, but I could return it once received. Seriously? The carbon footprint of this unnecessary nonsense is absurd, and with no plausible reason given. Too many other options these days to bother with rude in person people or online baboonery."
"I have always been a fan of Nordstrom and your customer service. I have a Nordstrom note for over $100 that expired 2 weeks ago, meaning that I shop there quite frequently. I asked at the store about using the expired note to make a purchase and was told no. I called the rewards number and was again told there is no way for me to use my note. I'm so disappointed in this policy."
Sri Ramkumar
Verified Reviewer
"EVERYTHING, RUDE SERVICE OVER THE PHONE, YOU LOST A CUSTOMER OVER A NOTE!!!"
"Never order from Nordstroms online ordering if you want to receive your item! Ordered Christian Louboutin heels online only because no store near me had them available. Received email from Nordstrom’s tjay my item had arrived! So happy to get home and see my new beautiful heels!!!! To my disappointment got home and there was nothing at my door! Called Nordstrom’s customer service right away to find out about my order and Tracey S. tells me the package was delivered. I told her I did not receive anything and she said fed ex left it at the front door under a carpet. The crazy thing is I do not even have a carpet at my front door. All the Nordstrom representative could tell me was that they would send my info to the research team and wait 3 days! What am I suppose to do now!? Be without my shoes? And the money it cost me? I have never experienced this type of service before just push aside a customer who just ordered an item and basically tell them to wait and nothing you can do. Worst experience, I feel so helpless and mad and fustrated to know that my expected order never came to me. Nordstrom’s needs to step it up and definelty provide better delivery and service."
"I would just like to start out by saying that I have been a dedicated Nordstrom customer from the day I was born. Nearly every member of my family has a Nordstrom card, and it is our prime destination every weekend and a multiple days during the week. So I was so very disappointed today when I encountered the RUDEST employee I have ever dealt with in my entire life: ROBERT P. at the Charlotte Tilbury counter at the Nordstrom at Stonebriar mall. While I have witnessed a slight decline in the quality of the employees in Nordstrom stores in the last couple of years, I draw the line at employees who are downright rude to your face. I came in to shop today, but also had a return at the Charlotte Tilbury. As I walked up the counter, employee Robert barely took the energy to look up and acknowledge me, I had to confront him. I then proceeded to tell him about my return, he didn’t even listen but simply grabbed it and walked to the register. As he did what he did on the computer, I pulled out a Nordstrom gift card I had and asked if he could put the balance for the Wonder Glow primer on the gift card instead of back on the Nordstrom card it was originally purchased with. He ignored me and continued to deal with the computer. I repeated my request for him to place the balance on the gift card again, only to have him tell me he can’t do it. Which is a straight out lie, considering this is something that is always easily done. At this time I noticed he wouldn’t be cooperative, so I kept my mouth shut and let him finish his business. But as he handed my receipt and rudely said that if I wanted it on the gift card I would have to go to customer service and “maybe they could handle it”. But this wasn’t even the rudest part of the encounter. As I walked away, he shouted after me “I’m sorry you didn’t like the magic cream either” in a RUDE, SARCASTIC, and UNPROFESSIONAL tone. He was implying to me that he noticed on the transaction history that I had also returned the Charlotte Tilbury magic cream. To which I can only say, my skin, being as sensitive as it is, reacted poorly to. But perhaps something that he didn’t notice, is that I kept everything else on the over 500 dollars transaction. A fact I shouldn’t even have to mention. I should never have to defend or justify myself to an employee in fear of judgement or criticism. To Nordstrom, I would just like to say, it is employees like Robert P. that are hurting your brand and the amazing customer service that you are always known for. I was honestly so hurt and offended by his actions today. And I would just like to mention that if you take one look any member of my family’s purchase history with Nordstrom, you’ll know that we are dedicated customers, yet it is incompetent, lazy, and RUDE employees like Robert P. that are driving lifelong customers away, like myself. I don’t think I will be taking my business to Stonebriar Nordstrom ever again. I’ll stick to my regulars at Northpark and Galleria, where they know how to handle customers with class, dignity, and basic human respect."
"First of all to all the people who return things shame on you.This store has been around for a long time and they do a great job I think all the probs you customers have is yourselves I'd like to see you people try to keep such a successful store together for soooo many years"
"It sure will be terrible when yet another major department store goes under ! Get with the times ! Your shipping is rediculously slow , and your return policy to credit someone's account is a disgrace ! You guys better wake up and get more than just one person working in customer service ."
"I received several different answers to the same question.... it was a waste of my time took way too long to find out the actual truth, I started called in the morning and found out about 5 pm such a waste of my time poor communication skills 😳"
"Terrible customer service - got bounced to 4 different employees tryng to extend a deadline on a reward that I got after being harassed and bullied into opening a credit card. NO go...can't imagine any other company that would not honor this"
"When my order didn't arrive instead of giving me the runaround she asked if I would like a replacement or refund. The customer service rep kept it short sweet and to the point, I have had SOOOOOO many negative experiences when a shipping company miss delivers I was not expecting this to be any different. (The woman who helped me was Nakeyda Y.) I am going to be going out of my way to shop at Nordstroms this Christmas."
"(From feedback sent to Nordstrom...) I placed an order with a customer service rep prior to the overnight shipping cut-off time. I was assured that my payment cleared and that I would receive my order the next day, a Friday. I learned on Friday (night) that the order was shipped that day for delivery on Monday. After two calls to Customer Service, including a long conversation with a supervisor, I was told that "unfortunately" the only thing that could be done was a refund of my $15 overnight shipping fee. This demonstrates to me a complete disregard for the customers' experience. I had purposely ordered and paid for overnight delivery due to my specific need. What I am left with is free two day shipping which is exactly what I could have elected, had that been a workable option for me at the time I placed my order. This is extremely disappointing, particularly in light of the fact that I had very nearly placed my order with Bloomingdale's and I only switched to Nordstrom due to the advertised sales price match and my membership in Nordstrom rewards. Nordstrom should have given me the courtesy of notifying me on Thursday that my order was not processed in time for shipment, allowing me to cancel my order and place it elsewhere to receive it when it was needed. Failing that, my shipment should have been flagged for Saturday delivery. To have my $15 shipping fee credited as full consideration for this mishandled transaction is insulting. There are many online retail options and l will take my business elsewhere in the future.ł"
"I’ve ordered from Nordstrom.com for years. I never had a problem in the past until about a year ago. Twice this year, they did not ship all items. The first time, they refunded me for an item not shipped. It happened again this week and they are not only refusing to reimburse me, but are insinuating I’m tampering with delivery. I’ve spent large amounts of money at Nordstrom over the years. Both items i reported missing from th packages were under $25. I was told that in the future, I can call a special number to order and then they will ensure all items have been inspected and are in package. Shouldn’t they do that with all deliveries? Beware, Do not order from them."
Lafeen, Lindsay
"Nordstrom is always easy to work with as far as exchanges go, I typically purchase shoes from them on-line and if for some reason the fit/size is not perfect they will exchange them in store or via return shipment. Their customer service is wonderful most of the time. I love the options and quality that is offered at Nordstrom, I am a shopper for life!"
"Purchased a beauty collection set and was told I would be receiving a free gift with purchase. When received, no gift was included. I contacted customer care asking what happened. They said it was their mistake and that they would not do anything about it. If I really wanted to, I could return product. So their mistake is my problem. Dismissive and wasteful. I will never shop at Nordstrom again."
"Nordstrom carries the highest quality brands all in one place. The BEST thing about Nordstrom is their free shipping and returns, that is what keep customers coming back."
Nordstrom is rated 2.60 based on 45 reviews