O2 Reviews

of reviewers recommend O2
Live Chat, Telephone, Email
Over A Week

Tell us how O2 made you happy
customer services is very poor signal is really poor dont bother with o2 go with another network
Terrible terrible terrible service. Finally left o2 forever. Had 2 phone contracts with them for the last 10 years. Was a loyal customer. Even had a friends and family discount. But for 2 years extremely bad Internet at my house. 4g hardly worked and 3g was soooo slow. Kept telling them but problem wasn't fixed. They did give me some money off bills but wasn't good enough. I'd rather have good service. Switched to Vodafone for both contracts now. One of them I switched before the contract ends but couldn't deal with the bad service anymore. I was more than happy to pay early termination fee instead. Even with friends and family discount it wasn't worth staying with them. That's how bad it was. I'm not usually one to complain but appalling service. Almost 2 years I paid and dealt with the slowest Internet ever. I even got WiFi in the end although I didn't want or need to as I had an 80gb plan. Appalling.
This is hard, o2 have so many different standards across the board l, dependent on who you get the other end of the line. We have been hit hard with covid with the wife loosing her job and me being a manager had to take a pay cut for 6 months, we fell behind on the sons phone bill and they ultimately completely cut him of and disconnected him, move on 3 months and I missed a payment of £13 on mine and my wife’s phone, got disconnected, I payed it later that day and a week later still not the connected. I called them up, the first woman refused to help and said I need to pay £452 to clear my sons phone before anybody will be connected again, even tho 2 of the contracts was up to date I explained I can’t afford this and to take some of the credit I had with them(£275) I was told that could not happen. With my wife being down about it and me needing my phone for work I tried one last time, the man I got this time was absolutely second to none, this man went completely beyond to help us and never once spoke to us like we done something wrong and completely understood our situation. He re connected me and my wife within 2 mins of the call and said there should have never been any questions on that, he then himself said about our credit and asked if we was happy to do a credit transfer to which I agreed, he transferred £152 and clear the arrears on my sons phone and left the other credit in place for future bills, again within 5 mins of this my son is back on and over the moon. If every employee from o2 was like this man then the world would be a better place not just the best phone company. I couldn’t thank this bloke enough, he even spent another 5 mins on the phone with me explaining things I can do to help myself out for the future, absolute legend and did not just help me with my phones but took the time to talk to me and generally helped me out with my day and my future outlook on things. He will go far and o2 would be stupid to ever let this man go anywhere. Absolute asset. Thanks again.
Customer service is poor to 0, internet not working properly in many areas, contacted them 3 times over the course of 6 months they always said someone would call me back to discuss my issue but they never did. Strongly suggest you find yourself any other service but O2.
Absolutely rubbish !! Got good deal, then no one got back to me as change of staff, so lost it !!
Worst network ever, I have been with them since 2019 and hardly use 5GB internet of my 90Gb pack, because of the data speed that they provide. Don't go after they offer, and the worst part is when you complain they will say because of some kinda network going on, They have been telling me this since 2019 and still saysthe same thing.
Rather that banging out O2 priority tickets and events this service provider should stick to the basics of running a business and looking after customers. To sort out an error by O2 it has taken me over 30 hours of phone calls, waiting on phone queues, being cut off after waiting a long time and talking to someone from O2, contradicting information, poor customer service etc etc. I can not stress enough how on earth this company can promoted itself so highly on advertising but are absolutely useless at the basics? SUCH POOR CUSTOMeR SERVICE that it really becomes embarrassing to call them again and get another wakeful experience. Welcome to O2 a.k.a 2 Bob Outfit
I've ordered a mobile with 36 months contract as an upgrade . During the chat with Alice from o2 i specifically requested my address to be confirmed. She confirmed the correct address. 2 days later the phone is delivered and accepted by someone singed as me to a completely different address in Barking !! An address i have never heard of. Since then i have spend numerous hours in contact with more than 10 o2 representatives who acknowledged their mistake, but are doing nothing about it. So i am now bond to pay 36 months for someone who stole my phone. I've also been in touch with DHL who claimed they delivered the parcel successfully ( no signature or id requested!!!!) to the address they were given o2 are a scam ! and their representatives are completely incompetent and rude !! Avoid if you can, i regret staying with them
The worst network I have been with so far. The whole of my village is a notspot. Their coverage tracker is way off what it says it is and their customer services will repeatedly fob you off. I wish I had avoided them totally and regret ever getting a contract with them. Once this contract is up I will be telling the to jog on. I recommend everybody else to do the same.
Apart from blurred onhold 'music' it all began well enough: helpful and very pleasant Matthew happy to re-activate my old sleeping Nokia. Quickly sent me a sim. But there it ends. Next stage, on landline, unavoidable, was a morass of distorted music, long waits, a totally stupid robot responder. Even allowing for epidemic, this does not indicate a competent company.
This company is gross. Kept my mother trapped in a contract, renewed it without her agreement and charged her ridiculous prices for services she never even used. She has been trying to get out of it since 2016. 5 bloody years ago. And now she has had to pay £500 for a contract they said end in 2023!!! The nerve of these people. I hope they feel sick taking advantage of others, we can't afford to be in this situation.
A carrier pigeon can send information quicker than O2's network. I still have 12 months on my contract and I'm counting down everyday until I can do away with the UK's worst provider.
do not answer the phone very poor service
Very poor quality and sizes competitive out of chart.
I stick with O2 because I get a signal in my rural locality and I find the signal is good nationwide even when I'm with people who are complaining they have no signal and they turn out to be on EE or Vodafone. The big big big problem is their appalling customer service and their ability to make a complete mess of anything you ask them to sort. Two years ago it took me several hours to sort a mess after change of contract. Now, I am trying to resort the contract, the chatline made a complete mess of it yesterday and today I have spent the whole morning on a chat and they will not ring me or answer the phone to sort it - they just keep messing up the chat - I think they are doing it on purpose to try to charge me £27 rather than let me use the £15 sim bundle I am trying to swap my number onto. I'm now gonna sit and have a chat with Siri, Cortana or Bixby so I can feel like I'm having a chat with an intelligent being after O2's chat team have totally messed with my head
Thank you thank you thank you to both Ayesha and Chegan. I'm SO grateful for their help. This would be 5 star review but unfortunately I had to call twice and wait on hold for a long time to resolve my issue, but other than that the service was fantastic. I had a nightmare with phone charges from Qatar Airways, no fault of O2 at all, but the advisors were friendly, kind, compassionate and happy to help me. I'm so glad and relieved that good customer service still exists. Can't say how thankful I am.
Apalling customer service. I ended my contract (Ive been a customer for decades), as i emigrated. Paid to leave my contract, waited the 30 days notice, they shut my O2 app access down and told me to wait for a final bill. I told them if there was any difference, i would have to organise money as my UK bank account would no longer be active. No issue they said, we will refund to another UK account for you. Heard nothing, got an email saying i dont owe anything, so i rang to check everything was closed etc. Im told O2 owe me money, I said great, youll have to repay it to another card as the previous payment card is no longer active, person went to check with supervisor. 25 minutes calling from abroad and am then told, they will refund to my card that is no longer active and then i need to ring my bank and sort out getting the money back from them! Im not even sure you can make a transaction to a card that is no longer active???? They cant refund me any other way apparently. The person had a terrible command of English and couldnt even pronounce my simple English name correctly!! So, O2 have my money. Thieves!!!
I had to order a temporary new sim for Internet usage and I disgraceful incurred in o2.. Never again! Awful customer service and service itself! The advertise promotions have never existed.. They are simply ridiculous. Save your money!!
Went to 02 in Westfield (Stratford) yesterday and to O2 in the O2 today and must congratulate both shops on the work they have done to keep everyone Covid safe. The entrance to the shops are closed with a "rope" barrier, there is plenty of hand sanitizer, the seats are placed behind lines on the floor, there are acrylic barriers everywhere and the staff wear masks. As well as this the service was great! Must recommend!
If I could give O2 no stars I would! I've tried to cancel my contract since the beginning of October, I've send the brand new phone back unused and unopened. I've spent countless hours on hold waiting for someone to help, the advice and help I've received is the worst I've ever experienced! I'm being sent threatening letters and emails constantly to make a payment for a phone I've not had since the beginning of November! I've made so many calls and have been reassured countless times of the numerous administration errors made. I will now have to seek legal advice for a cease and desist because I own you nothing at all! Con artist and scammers!
O2 is rated 1.69 based on 439 reviews