Opendoor Reviews

of reviewers recommend Opendoor
Read Opendoor Reviews

About Opendoor:

In 2014, we set out to reinvent life’s most important transaction with home sellers and buyers in mind. Since then, we’ve helped thousands of people sell their homes and move in one simple, seamless transaction.

Life’s biggest milestones come with a move. Whether you’re getting married, starting a family, or taking a new job, moving is a natural step towards your dream. But it isn’t easy. Each step is more stressful than the last, and sometimes it seems like everyone but you is in control of your destiny.

Opendoor is here to change that. From selling your current home to choosing your next one, we’ve revolutionized the process to put you at the center of your move. Because we believe only one person should be in charge of how your future unfolds, and that’s you.

community@opendoor.com

Tell us how Opendoor made you happy
I would use Opendoor again! They were excellent.
(Raleigh) - Posted 3 weeks ago
Rose, Thanks for the positive feedback and we appreciate you spreading the word about Opendoor! 💙
I had one woman showing my house stayed on her cell phone. I’m not happy with y’all at all do not least your house with these people. Or you’ll never sell.
Sorry to hear this, and thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. If you would like please email community@opendoor.com with more information about your experience and the property address so we can better understand how our teams can improve.
Tim our open door representative made it a hassle free experience. We didn’t have to show our home especially during COVID. They made us a priority and made us a great offer. We got to stay in our home while we built our new home. The follow up was great. Every time I had a question I would get a response within the day no later than 24 hours. Overall a wonderful experience
(Phoenix) - Posted 4 weeks ago
Thanks for the love Jocelyn! We will be sure to share your kind words with the team.
Wish I called them sooner! Was a bit hesitant since reviews seem pretty mixed but we had a fantastic experience selling our home after we had to quickly move cross country. The offer was higher than we expected, though there were repair fees but then even with those fees, the commission and closing costs, we still liked the final dollar amount and being able to close within 2 weeks really helped seal the offer. The two weeks flew by and providing the necessary paperwork for closing was fairly simple and straightforward. We were able to upload everything online, get a handful of signatures notarized and overnight those with a prepaid label. Easy and convenient.
(Charlotte) - Posted 4 weeks ago
Hi John, great to hear you've had a good experience with us! We appreciate you choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction.
I made contact. They inspected the house (I was not present) and their offer was above what I think was retail. The offer and the expenses were clear, and title company was very good and and communication was good.
(Jacksonville) - Posted 1 month ago
We love hearing stories like these! Thanks for taking the time to share, Joel.
Tim and Carissa were outstanding. Process was a breeze. Except OS Title was horrible and the additional fees were excessive considering your already selling at a discount.
(Las_vegas) - Posted 1 month ago
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are sorry we didn't meet your expectations and will utilize your feedback to further evaluate and develop.
Terrible experience. They left my Dad waiting outside the apt for 45 mins. Came and went and never let him know, despite having set up the appointment to meet him. After all that, didn’t make an offer with no clear reason why. Waste of time and effort.
Very frustrating and waste of time. They gave us a high range then after gave a low ball offer of $12k under the low range. This was before they estimated $3,000 in repairs. Agent wasn't even sure why, then got back to me and said their comps changed! This was all within one weeks time! I would not give them even one star!
I’ve used open door for a long time. Then I decided to go with a realtor. Coming back to open door was an amazing experience
So glad to hear this. Thanks for letting us know! We're so glad you were able to benefit from the ease and certainty the Opendoor experience provides!
If you are looking to buy or sell your home, Opendoor was great! Easy to work with great customer service and quick close. Also great negotiation skills.
Wonderful to hear that it worked for you! Thanks for sharing your experience.
Open door has great people great philosophy, on how they do business. They take care of you every step of the way .
We’re always happy to hear about the positive experiences our customers have with us. Thank you for sharing Trisha & Steve!
I previously complained that Opendoor required that I work with a real estate agent, and was told that self tours were once again allowed. But when I tried to schedule one, I was told that no, I had to have an agent. They are dishonest.
Jonathan was a dream! He was very professional, trust worthy and endearing. He stayed in contact and kept me in the loop til the end. I highly recommend Open Door...Jonathan sold my house on the third day, over asking price...you rock Jonathan! God bless!
We’re always happy to hear about the positive experiences our customers have with us. Thank you for sharing Patti!
Woe to those that are unfortunate to live near an opendoor home...I had 2 trees from one near my home. The 1st time their team did a g=eat job.. tree had root rot. The next one way bigger than the first took out one of my evergreen trees. They took care of the debris on that property but never returned to take care of the limbs and branches on my property. This tree also had root rot. If you are buying a home from this company....you already know your not getting the best of the best houses in your local market. Buyer beware that you will also have issues on the property surrounding your money pit.
Dawn, We value your feedback and take it seriously. We want to look into this! Please email community@opendoor.com with more information about your experience and the property address.
Would not recommend this for hoem buying or selling. I was initially given a all cash in offer which was very low from market price but I was intrested in there buy and sell model via their agent. So I started the process of pre approval with the opendoor home loans and during the process was assigned a loan officer who was not at all responding to my queires in between and was blacked out for 4 weeks and then came back askign for more documentations which I thought was ridiculous as I had provided all reqruied documents at the first time it self and coming back after 4 weeks of silence had got my confidence with Opendoor gone. SO it is really bad experience with them so wouldn't reocmment the same.
Geo, We value your feedback and take it seriously. We want to look into this! Please email community@opendoor.com with more information about your experience.
Selling my home could not have been easier! The support I received throughout the entire process was beyond outstanding. Chelsea with Opendoor was always on top of things. She immediately responded to every question or request I had. I appreciate the entire experience and would definitely recommend Opendoor to anyone looking to sell their home quickly and hassle free.
(Dallas) - Posted 2 months ago
Anthony, great to hear you've had a positive experience with Opendoor! Thank you for choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction.
Basically it seems like OPENDOOR is fine to sell your house quick, but buying a house from them is problematic - not surprised. You need to do your own due diligence when buying a house - whether its the owner or Open Door making claims about repairs or house status. Not sure how the process works when someone is purchasing a home from their inventory.
From our Tour Agent, Tammy showing us homes and always making herself available to "Add" homes to our tour in this crazy market, to the Open Door realtor Elizabeth Miller writing up our offer, to Timothy at Open Door Home Loans securing our financing and even Debbie from Open Door checking in on our progress, I couldn't be happier with the whole experience. Truly made selling and purchasing our new home pain and stress free! We would definitely recommend Open Door if you are in the market for a new home or selling your existing home. They do a phone walk through of your home, send an inspector to check out the outside and then make an offer. No need in having countless strangers tracking through your home. Having to "Stage" it, take your animals somewhere in the meantime and having to sanitize everything during these unprecedented times. Fast, easy, friendly and efficient and honest and true to their word. You can take their cash offer and even list it at the same time to see if you can get more through a traditional sale, while being guaranteed that your house is sold so you can purchase your next home hassle free! The incentives they are giving are a great additional bonus! Open Door has totally revolutionized the way homes are bought and sold. Oh yeah, we got to pick our closing date so no added stress about storage or moving twice! Great customer service!
Hi Martha, great to hear you've had a good experience with us! We appreciate you choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction.
Quick and easy way to sale your property no hassle Best service.
(Las_vegas) - Posted 2 months ago
That's awesome! Happy to hear that Faiz. Thanks for sharing your feedback with us!
What an easy, painless way to buy a home. I admit that I was nervous as a first time home buyer but the entire process was smooth (and social distancing friendly). Everyone at Opendoor was in sync and quick to reach out with updates and responses to my inquiries. I really appreciated the timeliness and care, along with the provided timeline of what was expected from me.

It seems I gravitate towards things that are easy as I also went with Opendoor for my home loan and that process was also amazingly simple.

Great experience. 5/5 - Will buy my next home through Opendoor.
Tim, great to hear you've had a positive experience with Opendoor! Thank you for choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction.
Opendoor is rated 4.01 based on 774 reviews