Opendoor Reviews

83% of reviewers recommend Opendoor

About Opendoor: In 2014, we set out to reinvent life’s most important transaction with home sellers and buyers in mind. Since then, we’ve helped thousands of people sell their homes and move in one simple, seamless transaction.

Life’s biggest milestones come with a move. Whether you’re getting married, starting a family, or taking a new job, moving is a natural step towards your dream. But it isn’t easy. Each step is more stressful than the last, and sometimes it seems like everyone but you is in control of your destiny.

Opendoor is here to change that. From selling your current home to choosing your next one, we’ve revolutionized the process to put you at the center of your move. Because we believe only one person should be in charge of how your future unfolds, and that’s you.

Click Here

Tell us how Opendoor made you happy

Under an hour
"I am buyer and please please please do not engage with this company to sell your home...it is twice as hard to buy home with these people than a normal realtor....not only will you be losing money when sell your home the buyer has also a worse experience...so the only winner is Opendoor at the expense of us..."
Hi, sorry to hear that this was your experience with us. We always strive to provide a stress-free, positive experience with Opendoor, but if we've fallen short, we want to make it right. Could you please reach out at community@opendoor.com so we can investigate? Thanks a lot!
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Houston
Your Name: Bernard Lee
"My Open Door experience was very pleasant. Baby Garcia was amazing and the Open Door Team was very accommodating"
(Houston) - Posted 3 weeks ago
We’re always happy to hear about the positive experiences our customers have with us. Thank you for sharing Bernard!
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Gold Canyon
Your Name: Steve
"I was skeptical entering the process but was very happy with the outcome. They gave a fair offer and made it pretty easy to finish the deal. I will definitely use/recommend them again."
(Phoenix) - Posted 4 weeks ago
Steve, Happy to hear that and even happier you took the time to tell us! Thanks for spreading the word!
"Beware of doing any form of business with opendoor. We purchased a property in Queen Creek Arizona, it was nothing but problems from the beginning. Upon home inspection it was found that our air conditioning unit was not working properly and needed small repairs. We submitted the report to open door where they refused to make the repairs to the air conditioning unit. Imagine buying a home in the hot desert and having the seller not agree to fix air-conditioning. Eventually after going back and forth, they agreed to fix it. Additionally, The property had three natural gas leaks.. These were detected by Mesa Gas where they actually had to shut the gas line down. We had to have our hot water tank completely replaced after only three days of moving into the property. We also signed an agreement that open door would repair to wooden banister going to the second floor within 30 days of the closure of the sale. Upon sending their own hired a contractor to our home, he stated that he could not make the repair because the banisters were custom made. He also stated that he has even asked other peers of his who also were not able to do it. The contractor advised Opendoor directly that he was not able to make such repairs. Now beyond 30 days and approaching 60, Opendoor failed to keep their promise to make all necessary repairs as signed by them. Our Real estate Agent advised us it is commonly known that open doors policy is to buy homes for a quick turnaround. They do not exercise any formal inspection of the property. This means you could be buying a property from Open door with many problems that are not being disclosed directly from the seller. Strongly advise purchasers of a home to be careful of what they are getting themselves into with this group because they will not honor their word even when its their own signature. Now we will have unnecessary legal fees and other expenses all because they simply do what they committed to."
Sorry to hear that Rob, this is not the Opendoor experience we strive for and see that Opendoor is actively trying to make this right with your agent. Please reach out at community@opendoor.com if you have any further concerns. Thanks for your patience while we are discussing a solution!
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Raleigh NC
Your Name: Brent Thomas
"Everyone was very professional and everything went very smoothly. Would definitely recommend them to everyone"
(Raleigh) - Posted 1 month ago
Brent, Happy to hear about your experience with us! Thanks for sharing!
"If you buy a house that Opendoor is selling be prepared. Shoddy repair work. Painted over doorbell, house was filthy, ac was fixed only after we threatened not to close on house. They refused to fix defective windows gave us a credit to fix one of 16 windows."
We always want our customers to have a great experience with Opendoor and we’re sorry if this hasn’t been the case for you. We'd like to learn more - please email us at community@opendoor.com. We rely on feedback like yours as we continue to improve the experience for both buyers and sellers.
How did you work with Opendoor? I sold my home to Opendoor
"Very smooth process and saves time"
(Raleigh) - Posted 1 month ago
Glad to hear you had a positive experience with us, Rajendra. We appreciate your feedback!
"Heard great things. Was even referred to them by my neighbor. The experience was less than impressive. After providing a detailed description of our property, inclusive of price and associated details re cash purchase upgrades, as well as providing the same for a custom built-in and backyard development, along with pictures of all, Open Door (OD) fell very short in customer centric delivery. After thoroughly reviewing their website (and getting first hand experience from my next door neighbor who actually sold his home through OD), a cash offer would be presented without an OD direct interface (i.e. phone contact). That didn't happen. Apparently because I only tentatively agreed to speak with the "OD Advisor" several days after my expected cash offer, the phone rang. OD liason proceeded to try and sell me home improvement services, possible agent referrals, and so forth. No sooner had I got off the phone and told my wife I would cancel my tentative call with the "OD advisor" did I then get an email offer...Surprise! Strangely, I received a low ball offer, which I declined immediately. Then within minutes and without prompting, I received a higher offer. Recognizing my situation is somewhat unique, in two aspects: A) I paid cash for my home B) My neighbor's house is still on the market by OD Re (A), I didn't need to take any offer as I am not transitioning to another home and therefore needing it as a down payment. Re (B), they bought my friends home for 288.5K and immediately (8 days later post painting) listed it for 314K. After less than a month, OD dropped the price 4K. My point is, I am paying for OD's own sins. A lower than acceptable offer because they are still carrying the home next door. As an FYI, the comps they presented were somewhat weak; the highest being the model that sold in January - OD did offer me a higher price however not by much. My home is lightly lived in and shows like a model. If you're next to an OD home that is on the market, wait until it sells. Also as they have been in the market, they seem to be trying to PUSH other revenue generating services without following their original SOP, which made them attractive; NO HASSLE service provider. If you're in need, I get it. If not, the traditional realtor sale might be worth considering again. Hope this helps..."
Hi, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We will definitely share this with the team so we can continue improving the Opendoor experience. If there's anything we can help with, please reach out at community@opendoor.com so we can look into it.
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Houston
"Best experience ever! Everyone was so nice and helpful! The best part was all the stress that comes with selling your home never came into play. I would recommend this to anyone who wants a hassle free experience on your own timeline!"
(Houston) - Posted 1 month ago
Michelle, great to hear you've had a positive experience with Opendoor! Thank you for choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction.
"So, my husband and I have recently begun relocation cross country to his hometown. When I got a very good job offer it put some urgency into selling our home. We only had it on the market about a month before we decided to go with Opendoor. I knew we would not make a big profit, but since I had good equity, we would be okay with the settlement. I had read all the reviews, done some research and even retained my agent for the process at my expense. The offer was very low, and the fees are very high, the cost of convenience I suppose. At this point the repairs came out to 4,300. A bit high, as if I am paying for improvements for them to flip it, but again, perfect victim due to urgency. This is where it gets bad, really bad, I am already losing tens of thousands versus a market sale, I am in my new hometown closing remotely. The mobile notary comes to my Airbnb on Wednesday, we sign, husband signs in Texas. Done. Nope, TWO hours after closing I am informed the math was wrong and it would be 6K less! After closing! People, I cannot stress enough the fact that this was AFTER closing! The first story was Opendoor commission, the second was taxes, nobody really knows. They just want an extra 6k and since I am even more pressured with pending home purchase, I believe they thought I would have no choice. Wrong, I went through the settlement sheet and every department that let the error slip was forced to rebate their fees, my agent reduced hers and they made up the difference. Did I mention I am in leadership?? The story is not over though, as I sit here on the east coast on Friday afternoon, still no funds. They can’t seem to put a trace on the wire that they documented as executed on Thursday and was not executed until this morning. But, still NO funds. I call the closer and she informs me that that they accidentally sent a live check via FedEx to the property address they now own, in Texas, and the wire transfer tracking number I was provided was for my agents funds not mine. Please note the finance company and title company are owned by Opendoor. To conclude, it is 5:15 EST on Friday and I just got funded on a transaction from Wednesday. My closer was genuinely upset and did resolve it, but had it not been for multiple calls to the office, my bank, my mortgage company and agent it could have been weeks. Only use Opendoor to get rid of a mortgage payment, nothing more. There are people that depend on the equity to buy a new home and with Opendoor you will not be sure even after closing."
Hi Jennie, This is not the Opendoor experience we strive for and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback to help us grow from this situation. I do see that this was resolved internally but if there's something further we can help with, please reach out at community@opendoor.com so we can look into the matter.
"Me and my girl friend just recently purchased a open door home in the DFW area. We went through a realtor and our experience in dealing with them has been a pleasant one from the beginning. They was open to negotiate a fair price with us to go under contract. They always granted us access to the home and when the contract was placed on the home they came out and put a lock box on the home which granted us easy access. We had to amend the contract a few times and open door was always willing to accept the terms. Thank you open door for making our home buying experience a enjoyable one."
Great to hear you've had a positive experience with Opendoor! Thank you for choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction.
"Open door is a greedy company and no customer service like other Brokerage companies. My agent has been trying to get a hold of the agent to find out more details. Not responding. They purchased a house a few months ago and they are not living in it or fixing nothing in the house. The windows are bad."
I’m sorry to hear your experience with Opendoor was less than stellar. Your feedback matters to us. Please email community@opendoor.com with more information about your experience and the property address so our team can learn more.
How did you work with Opendoor? I sold my home to Opendoor AND bought a new one with Opendoor
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Maricopa
Your Name: Aundre Bell
"Our experience with Opendoor was Awesome! Knowledge staff helps throuought the process. From tours, to selling, to buying opendoor helped every step of the way. When we sold, our funding was issued in 24 hours. They help orchestrate simultaneous closing on both transactions."
(Phoenix) - Posted 1 month ago
So glad to hear this Aundre. Thanks for letting us know! We're so happy you were able to benefit from the ease and certainty the Opendoor experience provides!
"Edward Sydney Edward Sydney Edward Sydney Edward Sydney Edward Sydney Edward Sydney"
Thank you for your feedback, Edward. This made our day!
"With all the other services/companies offering to buy your house, I found Opendoor was the best fit for me. They were easy to work with, answered all my questions in a timely matter, and made me a great offer."
That’s fantastic to hear, thanks for sharing your experience with us.
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? TAMPA
Your Name: Peter
"The communication was on point from the first inquiry until the final closing. They were professional, polite, and even more important...they were always on time. If you had an appointment they were arriving on the dot, which in the real estate world is something hard to say. I did not have to show my home to buyers at all and I didn't have to worry about appraisals with a cash offer. Picking our closing date to align with buying our new place was smoothe as can be and provided a peace of mind for us. Very good experience."
(Tampa) - Posted 1 month ago
We’re always happy to hear about the positive experiences our customers have with us. Thank you for sharing Peter!
"The Open door team was great! We got the price we wanted for our house and they made the sale so easy!! We didn't have to do much, they took care of it! It was all done in our time. They were so helpful and nice!! I would definitely recommend selling your house to them!! Great to work with!!"
We're delighted to hear you've had a good experience with Opendoor Monica. We appreciate you spreading the word about Opendoor! :)
In what city did you work with Opendoor (e.g. Phoenix, Nashville)? Tampa
Your Name: Kelly
"Open Door exceeded my expectations. Delivered on every promise and made the process easy and stress-free."
(Tampa) - Posted 1 month ago
We love hearing stories like these! Thanks for taking the time to share, Kelly.
"Shad wouldn't take the time to give us an offer. Canceled our scheduled meeting, did not answer when we called, and told us we were high risk."
Jennifer,

Sorry to hear this, and thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Please email community@opendoor.com with more information about your experience and the property address so we can better understand how our teams can improve.
"Easy and stress free"
(Raleigh) - Posted 1 month ago
Dianna, We appreciate your kind feedback!
Opendoor is rated 4.35 based on 537 reviews