Opendoor Reviews

of reviewers recommend Opendoor
Read Opendoor Reviews

About Opendoor:

In 2014, we set out to reinvent life’s most important transaction with home sellers and buyers in mind. Since then, we’ve helped thousands of people sell their homes and move in one simple, seamless transaction.

Life’s biggest milestones come with a move. Whether you’re getting married, starting a family, or taking a new job, moving is a natural step towards your dream. But it isn’t easy. Each step is more stressful than the last, and sometimes it seems like everyone but you is in control of your destiny.

Opendoor is here to change that. From selling your current home to choosing your next one, we’ve revolutionized the process to put you at the center of your move. Because we believe only one person should be in charge of how your future unfolds, and that’s you.

community@opendoor.com

Tell us how Opendoor made you happy
Outstanding customer service! Opendoor is the true industry leader.
(San_antonio) - Posted 1 week ago
Thanks for sharing, Ronald!
The company was so easy to work with. Their phone representatives were polite courteous knowledgeable and answered every question I had. I never had one hiccup in the whole transaction with Opendoor praise the Lord.
(Phoenix) - Posted 1 week ago
That's amazing to hear! We strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. Thanks for taking the time to share this, Bruce.
My situation was working/living out of state from my condo that needed to be sold. I didn't have the time or presence for sale preparation and using the traditional realtor approach to selling. I had heard of Opendoor and wanted check because they will consider a property purchase in the 'as is' condition. The initial interview and showing of the house was all done remotely over a cell phone Ring video conference that they completely set up. All I had to do was click the link and walk through the condo with camera on while conversing with the agent. Very convenient. Within two days I had a very competitive offer price that was at least as good as anything I would have ended up settling for in a negotiation with a traditional house buyer. But I also did not have the extra workload of fixing up condo for sale, showing it to various buyers, negotiating picky details of the sale, etc, etc. My entire process was handled so well and we used their OSN title company which ends up being another savings for all. I specified the closing date and they made it happen. Opendoor transaction fees for the sale were less than the commission paid to a traditional realtor. I can't say enough about the Opendoor experience and how much I would recommend contacting them first before you ever MLS list your home in the traditional method and see what kind of deal can be made. They are fair, open, honest and a pleasure to work with.
(Tucson) - Posted 2 weeks ago
Happy to hear about your experience with us, Jim! Thanks for sharing 💙
The company was up front and straight to the point. They are professional and sticks to the schedule outline in the contract. And communication was responsive and knowledgeable. I would recommend and use this company again.
Wonderful to hear that it worked for you! Thanks for sharing your experience.
To say that Opendoor provided an excellent experience, would be a great understatement. I needed to quickly move from one state to be with another and I have a large dog. I did not want to go through the usual hassle of listing, showing, negotiating price and then wait to see if the deal would fall through. I made one call, did a virtual walk through and within one week had a great cash offer for my home, we closed two weeks later and my old mortgage was paid off the very next day. Everyone at Opendoor was friendly, professional, knowledgeable and courteous. This was the most smooth and seem less transaction I ever went through!! I would highly recommend using them!!
Great to hear you've had a positive experience with Opendoor! Thank you for choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction.
The easiest way to sell a house. Everything went smooth and on time. If I ever sell another house I'll use Open Door.
(Orlando) - Posted 2 weeks ago
That's awesome! Happy to hear that Ron. Thanks for sharing your feedback with us!
Garett was very professional, helpful and extremely pleasant to work with. Flexible and responsive to emails and assisting with the title company. I would use him again.
(Phoenix) - Posted 2 weeks ago
That’s fantastic to hear Phil, thanks for sharing your experience with us.
Outstanding experience! great communication and service from start to finish! recommend to anyone who wants a carefree and relatively stress free process.
(Las_vegas) - Posted 3 weeks ago
We're delighted to hear you've had a good experience with Opendoor Roger. We appreciate you spreading the word about Opendoor! :)
I bought my condo about two weeks ago. I still have zero access to my mailbox. I’ve called Opendoor, my HOA, five Post Offices... NO ONE can even tell me WHERE my mailbox is. Seems weird that you sell someone a property and provide them zero help with accessing mail. The basic necessity of mail. I suppose I’m asking too much. Foolish me for assuming a mailbox came with the condo.
Hassle-free fast and professional process from virtual inspections to expedited closing, shepherded by my Opendoor Experience Partner Austin May. Very competitive offer.
(Los_angeles) - Posted 3 weeks ago
Herbert great to hear you've had a positive experience with Opendoor! Thank you for choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction.
Overall very professional and extremely smooth experience
(Jacksonville) - Posted 3 weeks ago
Thank you for sharing your experience Kamalakant and happy to hear that! 💙
It was hard to believe it was as easy as it was...I kept thinking I was doing it wrong because it was SO easy! Good offer, no issues...I highly recommend!
💙 Happy to hear that - and even happier you took the time to tell us! Thanks for spreading the word!
Very fair.. Chelesa B was on top of everything evne when I was getting upset. VChelsea went on vacation during my closng perid but Chelsea made sure everything went smooth.

Your subcontra tor partners were excellent.
(San_antonio) - Posted 3 weeks ago
That's amazing to hear! We strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. Thanks for taking the time to share this, Joseph.
Professional organization. Encountered no issues from initial contact through closing.
(San_antonio) - Posted 3 weeks ago
Mukesh Happy to hear about your experience with us! Thanks for sharing 💙
Great customer service. View homes on your schedule. Connects you with experienced agents. Makes home purchasing in today's market less stressful!
Glad to hear you had a positive experience with us. We appreciate your feedback!
Overall, the experience was very good. Being able to sell our home fairly quickly without the need of making repairs or upgrades, or needing to prepare for showing, suited our needs. The agent from Opendoor was very helpful. Unfortunately, our agent switched to a different team midway in our sale process, so we had to adjust to a new agent. The new agent did a fine job, but the switch did cause us a little anxiety. A suggestion: be sure to give sellers like us—senior citizens, never having done an online sale before—all the support and explanation possible. There were times in the process when we weren't sure what was happening or what was required. That being said, once we were able to reach the agent, he helped us understand where we were in the process and what was coming next. We used both email and telephone to reach the agent. His response time was prompt, less than three hours, usually much less.
(Minneapolis) - Posted 3 weeks ago
That's wonderful feedback to hear, Merlin! We always strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. Thanks for taking the time to share!
Excellent, business we’re conducted very professional and a timely manner.
(Phoenix) - Posted 3 weeks ago
Hi Virginia, great to hear you've had a good experience with us! We appreciate you choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction.
I am a Buyer's Agent and when my clients called to inquire about a property, they were told they would have a better chance of getting an accepted offer on the property without a buyer's agent involved. Shameful. I will NEVER represent anyone interested in buying an Opendoor property. I'd rather starve.
Ellen, we are sorry to hear that you weren't happy with your experience with Opendoor. We want to provide the best possible experience, and want to look into this further. Please reach out at community@opendoor.com so we can investigate.
Really didn't think it would work for us. But within 2 months of starting to look, we've sold our old home and moved into our forever home!
Opendoor 5 star review on 1st February 2021
(Atlanta) - Posted 3 weeks ago
Hi William! It always makes us happy to hear the experience was a good one. Thanks for sharing, and wishing you all the best in your forever home!
Absolutely amazing experience and could not be happier with how things ended up and every step of the process along the way.
(Portland) - Posted 3 weeks ago
So glad to hear this Bob. Thanks for letting us know! We're so glad you were able to benefit from the ease and certainty the Opendoor experience provides!
Opendoor is rated 4.10 based on 884 reviews