Opendoor Reviews

of reviewers recommend Opendoor
Read Opendoor Reviews

About Opendoor:

In 2014, we set out to reinvent life’s most important transaction with home sellers and buyers in mind. Since then, we’ve helped thousands of people sell their homes and move in one simple, seamless transaction.

Life’s biggest milestones come with a move. Whether you’re getting married, starting a family, or taking a new job, moving is a natural step towards your dream. But it isn’t easy. Each step is more stressful than the last, and sometimes it seems like everyone but you is in control of your destiny.

Opendoor is here to change that. From selling your current home to choosing your next one, we’ve revolutionized the process to put you at the center of your move. Because we believe only one person should be in charge of how your future unfolds, and that’s you.

community@opendoor.com

Tell us how Opendoor made you happy
Opendoor 5 star review on 23rd October 2021
Opendoor 5 star review on 3rd September 2021
Russell
Opendoor 5 star review on 3rd September 2021
Russell
Opendoor personnel (Ashley Abercrombie) was very professional and guided us through the home selling process. Pricing was fair with no hidden fees. Great company to work with. Thank you for your excellent customer service!
Robert, thank you so much for your kind words! We strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly fulfilling to us. If you would like to share more of your story or if you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to contact us at support@opendoor.com. It is our honor to help you!
GREAT experience! Price quoted was exactly what we received and the process could not have been smoother. Everyone involved was extremely professional. Best part? -all we had to do was move out and sweep the floors when we left. No repairs, no painting, no showings, none of the things that usually make moving a hassle.
(Atlanta) - Posted 6 days ago
Thank you very much for sharing your story, Marilee! We strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your kind words are incredibly valuable to us. We appreciate you choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction.
We are in the process of purchasing a newly built home. In order for our offer to be accepted, we HAD to be in escrow to sell our current home. We went to Opendoor and with an extremely easy process our house was in escrow! No showings, no repairs, no hassle whatsoever!! Our closing date for the new house has changed several times due to supply issues ( like everything these days ). Changing the date with Opendoor was a piece of cake! If I had sold the “regular” way, I would have had to move 2x!!! Opendoor has been an absolutely perfect solution! I highly recommend them for a hassle free home sale!
(Riverside) - Posted 1 week ago
We are very happy to hear this, Dianne! We're so glad you were able to benefit from the ease and certainty the Opendoor experience provides and we are thankful for wanting to share this experience. Please send us an email with your story at support@opendoor.com. Thank you for choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction!
I went with Opendoor for both home sale and purchase of a new home. Every aspect of the process exceeded expectation. The speed and quality of services made all the difference in competitively acquiring a home in time for my needs and within my budget; major obstacles in the California market. All offers were more than fair. I have recommended Opendoor to all my friends in the same situation. Thanks!
Khuram, thank you so much for your kind words! We strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly fulfilling to us. If you would like to share more of your story or if you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to contact us at support@opendoor.com. It is our honor to help you!
Five stars!
(Dallas) - Posted 1 week ago
Thank you for supporting what we do, Chris, and we're happy to hear that you've had a great experience with us. We would be honored if you would like to share your story in more detail by sending an email to support@opendoor.com. Have a wonderful day!
It was a smooth and professional business transaction
(Los_angeles) - Posted 1 week ago
Hi Jimmy, It’s so great to hear that you've had a good experience with us! If you wish to share more of your story or ask any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at support@opendoor.com. Thanks for taking the time to share this, and please have a wonderful day!
They gave us an initial offer $667k ($42k below market) for our very updated home. It was a low offer. They said if you let them see the house you can get a better offer. We have granite countertops and hardwood floors. Updated kitchen and appliances. New furnace and AC. Custom deck with mountain views. Finished basement with kitchenette, granite countertops. 5 bed/3.5 bedrooms Water softener, whole house humidifier. Almost everything in the house has been updated. And their offer was lower the 2nd time and added in a fee of possibly having to replace the roof. It is concrete tile! They didn't ask what it was just added it into their price. I would never recommend them! We are using a competitor and they came in person and took the time to really see the house. If you want a fair price this is NOT the company you want to use.
I took at look at three services similar to Opendoor and read a lot prior to going online and starting the process. I was skeptical it would be as easy as it seemed. I was wrong, it was easier. I had to move my close date as well as request a late checkout and was accommodated without hesitation. I got slightly above what I had set my goal at financially and well above what other companies range was. Very impressed and very thankful for how well this went.
(Los_angeles) - Posted 1 week ago
Stuart, this is so great to hear! We strive to offer the best services to our customers and your kind words mean so much to us. We would be honored if you would like to share your story with us by sending an email to support@opendoor.com. Thanks for taking the time to write this review and have a wonderful day!
Very much pleased with my Opendoor experience! It was truly a hassle free process. There were no surprises through the whole process. The offer was very fair and higher than we expected for a as is sale. Would highly recommend Opendoor to anyone who wants to sell their house without dealing with all the hassle of getting their home ready to sell.
We are very happy to hear this, Roger! We're so glad you were able to benefit from the ease and certainty the Opendoor experience provides and we are thankful for wanting to share this experience. Please send us an email with your story at support@opendoor.com. Thank you for choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction!
Very friendly and knowledgeable staff.
(Raleigh) - Posted 1 week ago
Thank you for supporting what we do, Scott, and we're happy to hear that you've had a great experience with us. We would be honored if you would like to share your story in more detail by sending an email to support@opendoor.com. Have a wonderful day!
Excellent service, fast sale. Very pleased with their business
Thanks for spreading the word about Opendoor, Chris, and we are happy to hear that you've had a great experience with us! We would be honored if you would like to share more of your story with us at support@opendoor.com. Have a wonderful day!
It was easy. The sale price offered by OpenDoor for our rent house was right. The expenses charged against it for repairs, “commission,” etc. (and no one likes to pay these charges!) were right….and made it easy to just accept the profit and walk away. Getting to set our own closing date was beneficial since it gave us time to let the current renters find another place. The OpenDoor process was easy, from getting the offer to closing. And the closing with a virtual notary public late at night was the right time….for us. The funds were in our bank account a few hours after closing. Easy.
(Dallas) - Posted 1 week ago
Hi Michael, It’s so great to hear that you've had a good experience with us! If you wish to share more of your story or ask any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at support@opendoor.com. Thanks for taking the time to share this, and please have a wonderful day!
Opendoor makes selling and buying so easy and efficient. Everything is done over smart phone or computer. We sold our house quickly and bought a new one not long after. I highly recommend.
Kristin, thank you so much for your kind words! We strive to provide a great customer experience with Opendoor and your feedback is incredibly fulfilling to us. If you would like to share more of your story or if you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to contact us at support@opendoor.com. It is our honor to help you!
Great experience. I know I could have gotten thousands more for my home had I listed it, and I got a significantly higher offer from Zillo; however, I was already in contract with Opendoor when Zillo's offer came in, and Opendoor told me I could cancel my contract. However, Opendoor was so hands-on, professional, and extremely easy to contact, I stayed with them. I didn't get that same feeling from Zillo, who specifically indicated in its information that they prefer to be contacted by email only. Jess was an amazing person to work with throughout the process of selling my home. The entire process was easy and quick.
(Atlanta) - Posted 1 week ago
Linda, this is so great to hear! We strive to offer the best services to our customers and your kind words mean so much to us. We would be honored if you would like to share your story with us by sending an email to support@opendoor.com. Thanks for taking the time to write this review and have a wonderful day!
They come in with a really good cash offer so we just have a few more steps to go so then I had my real estate agent upload the things that they needed to upload disclosure forms and whatnot they came in and expect it outside then they came in with an offer of $20,000 below Market and they wanted to add more on for repairs well it turns out that we buy ugly homes was about the same amount of money before I did any repairs on the house so I remodeled the house and Open Door came in about the same as We Buy Ugly Houses so don't waste your time and just go to We Buy Ugly Houses and you'll get about the same offer that they're going to give you
After living in the small house for 20 years, with years of rescue cats, I just was not sure I would ever be able to figure out a way to sell my home and move; however, OpenDoor made me the best and easiest to use offer! I was able to sell my home for their cash offer and remain in my home without having to complete showings while finding the perfect next place to move. I had the buying power in a strong market to make my dream purchase happen. Thank you!
(Charlotte) - Posted 1 week ago
We are very happy to hear this, Jessie! We're so glad you were able to benefit from the ease and certainty the Opendoor experience provides and we are thankful for wanting to share this experience. Please send us an email with your story at support@opendoor.com. Thank you for choosing Opendoor for such an important transaction!
Opendoor made the whole process so easy and stress free!! From the first initial contact to the final closing and turning in the keys someone was available every step of the way to answer questions or keep up updated. The whole process was seamless start to finish and once we closed we had the funds in less than 1 business day.
That’s amazing to hear, Sally! Thank you for your kind words and for trusting Opendoor with such an important transaction. We are always excited to read such positive reviews and we would be honored if you would like to share your story with us by sending an email to support@opendoor.com.
Easy to sell. No open houses and no falling out of escrow. OpenDoor is a large company that buys with cash. Fast and efficient and they gave us a good price. Highly recommend.
(Los_angeles) - Posted 1 week ago
Thanks for spreading the word about Opendoor, Noel, and we are happy to hear that you've had a great experience with us! We would be honored if you would like to share more of your story with us at support@opendoor.com. Have a wonderful day!
We are very satisfied with service & very professional way doing business.
(Dallas) - Posted 1 week ago
Rita, this is so great to hear! We strive to offer the best services to our customers and your kind words mean so much to us. We would be honored if you would like to share your story with us by sending an email to support@opendoor.com. Thanks for taking the time to write this review and have a wonderful day!
My experience went very well. We were able to work together and all my questions were answered.
(Riverside) - Posted 1 week ago
Hello Raul, It’s so great to hear that you've had a good experience with us! If you wish to share more of your story or ask any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at support@opendoor.com. Thanks for taking the time to share this, and please have a wonderful day!
Opendoor is rated 4.37 based on 1,980 reviews