Opendoor Reviews

of reviewers recommend Opendoor
Read Opendoor Reviews

About Opendoor:

In 2014, we set out to reinvent life’s most important transaction with home sellers and buyers in mind. Since then, we’ve helped thousands of people sell their homes and move in one simple, seamless transaction.

Life’s biggest milestones come with a move. Whether you’re getting married, starting a family, or taking a new job, moving is a natural step towards your dream. But it isn’t easy. Each step is more stressful than the last, and sometimes it seems like everyone but you is in control of your destiny.

Opendoor is here to change that. From selling your current home to choosing your next one, we’ve revolutionized the process to put you at the center of your move. Because we believe only one person should be in charge of how your future unfolds, and that’s you.

community@opendoor.com

Tell us how Opendoor made you happy
Tried to lowball us $50,000 off of actual selling price. Get an independent agent, don’t go for these companies who’s goal is to make as much equity off of you. You will be a sucker.
John, We value your feedback and take it seriously. We want to look into this! Please email community@opendoor.com with more information about your experience and the property address.
It was a great and smooth experience.
(Jacksonville) - Posted 1 week ago
Opendoor simplified and expedited what would normally seem to be an anxiety filled process. They seem to have the home selling and home buying process figured out pretty nice in my opinion.
I expected it to be a little challenging selling in covid times, however i am amazed at how easy it actually is.
(Charlotte) - Posted 1 week ago
I wanted to think the best of OpenDoor from the beginning, especially after reading some of their mission statements and considering that competition in real estate can sometimes mean benefits for the consumers. However working with them so far has been far from ideal. Once we agreed to their offer it took four days to receive the wiring information (in fact I got it moments before the inspection). That alone would not be bad but after that the inspection came back with many items but really 3 mattered the most, 3 items in fact that prevents anyone from obtaining homeowners insurance in the state of Florida. The home was listed with conventional loan as an option. The items that were found were aluminum wire throughout the home, polybutylene piping, and a roof that no one is sure how old it is but has soft spots and appears to be leaking in multiple places. I still found it reasonable to pursue the home if just the major repairs were fixed (there were also fixtures out, and some other items that did not work such as the range hood and various other things). We sent a request for repairs with a focus just on the big items and it has been 5 days with no answer, despite many emails and many calls. Currently we are almost to the end of the inspection period and it seems like working with OpenDoor has been a waste of time. I hope you have a better experience than me but judging how insanely difficult it is to get ahold of anyone I can only say pray you do not have any issues.
Best in the Real Estate industry Lori and her team were no BS Unlike Zillow who jerked me around
Useless, they ask you questions, and questions, initially that makes sense, and then more questions, collect your information, and when you think this is it, they avoid to give you final answer. Whatever you tell them they have always next questions. Do not trust them. Just usual internet business based on misleading and trying to make bucks by selling leads to real estate agents.
We're sorry to hear about your experience with Opendoor, and if we’ve fallen short of your expectation of us we'd like to look further into it. Please reach out at community@opendoor.com with your best contact information and property address.
Opendoor made selling our house a smooth and easy process. Every person that we dealt with throughout the process was friendly and helpful.
Opendoor provided a quick, efficient option for selling my i property by providing a market competitive price with minimal issues along the way. The experience was far superior to the antiquated, traditional process, which should officially be placed on notice.
Everything they presented was what we closed on, can't complain about that at all. However, their Escrow/Title company needs a lot of work, they are either understaffed or just overbooked.
(Los_angeles) - Posted 2 weeks ago
Wonderful experience, very straight forward, great customer experience partner.
I’m was in the process of buying from opendoor. It’s the house across the street from my best friend, a dream come true! Everything was going fine until the appraisal came back $36,000 less than the asking price! There were also 27 pages of repairs needed after inspection. Opendoor absolutely refused to negotiate on price or repairs and I had to back out. Who doesn’t negotiate at all on a house?! Their communication is awful, too. I still haven’t heard back from the agent about canceling.
Sorry to hear this, and thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. If you would like please email community@opendoor.com with more information about your experience and the property address so we can better understand how our teams can improve.
I have sold homes in the past the traditional way with showings, etc. What a pain. This time I figured I would do it differently and try Opendoor. Everything was so easy with no surprises. From the initial contact to the closing. I would recommend using Opendoor, especially if you don't want to deal with the hassles of traditional going through a realtor.
(Tucson) - Posted 2 weeks ago
Best selling experience ever!
(Orlando) - Posted 2 weeks ago
We had a great experience with OpenDoor. The process was awesome. Everyone was very pleasant and helpful. I would definitely recommend OpenDoor.
(Houston) - Posted 2 weeks ago
We were looking to sell our home on the market, and after a stressful conversation with our realtor, we found OpenDoor. We received our initial offer, higher than our realtor was going to list our home for. We had to back out initially, due to the market being so crazy and being unable to find another home. A month or so later, we found a place for ourselves and contacted OpenDoor. We received a higher offer, and closed in 30days. Easy simple process and made substantially more than our realtor was willing to list for! Highly recommend OpenDoor!
(Jacksonville) - Posted 2 weeks ago
Very good to work with
(Houston) - Posted 2 weeks ago
I worked with Chelsea Brogi for the sale of my house. Chelsea was very responsive to my questions and kept me informed throughout the whole process. I had two other bids on the house from other companies and Opendoor was approximately $30,000 more then their top price. Very easy process without the hassle of home renovations and showings.
(Minneapolis) - Posted 2 weeks ago
We are grateful that Opendoor exists. In a competitive market, the cash backed offer is the only way we could stay competitive without over paying. The team is amazing, and was quick to help every step of the way.
Easiest way to buy and sell home. It was great and painless experience when moving to a new home. My Opendoor agent, Jessica Bosch, was very helpful and guided throughout the process. I couldn't ask for a better realtor than Opendoor. My house was purchased at above market price and I bought the new home that I wanted. 😁
Opendoor is rated 4.19 based on 1,081 reviews