Pets Best Insurance Reviews

Documents Delivered On-time
Telephone, Email, Live Chat
Read Pets Best Insurance Reviews

About Pets Best Insurance:

At Pets Best, our mission is to end economic euthanasia by helping to ensure pet owners are financially prepared when their pets need unexpected veterinary care. We strive to give pet owners peace of mind by taking the financial worry out of owning a pet, so you can make the best decisions for your dog or cat.

1-877-738-7237

2323 S. Vista Ave.Suite 100Boise, ID 83705

Prompt courteous service
Takes forever lately, even fit very straightforward claims.
Always prompt in communication and handling of claims
Affordable, user friendly and prompt reimbursements. A keeper!
Long time for claims
Submitting claims have been very easy, the app is wonderful. I feel much more secure in having this insurance, I lost one of my Goldens in May 2020 and it took $15,000 in medical bills and she ended passing away.. I never want to experience the loss toppled with the medical debt I now have on top of her death. It’s a double blow. I worry less!
PetsBest pays for absolutely nothing. My dog has a skin rash that she JUST GOT at the park and they refused to cover any of her medical costs associated with this illness. They claimed that it was a "preexisting condition." Unless "having skin" is a preexisting condition, I have no idea what they're talking about. Also, I waiting on hold with their machine for about 2 hours to talk to someone who was not helpful. Do yourself a favor, don't pay this shitty company.
Not only do we have peace of mind with this insurance but we also have received back more than we have paid out on our 11 year old Shih-Tzu mix. You just never know what can happen and because of Pet's Best we never have to worry about being able to properly care for him! They actually answer the phone when you call and they send your refund very quickly.
Customer Service staff is always helpful, kind and courteous. The monthly charges for pet insurance are reasonable and due to this I had switched a year ago from Healthy Paws (I have 6 dogs insured). I just had an emergency with one of my dogs that resulted in approximately $2,500 in vet charges. I received my reimbursement as expected, with my deductible counted in with this claim. I did not have the hassle of having to provide additional medical records and information, so if that was needed after having submitted my invoices then PetsBest took care of all the communication with the ER care center and my regular vet which I greatly appreciated. Other companies ask the pet's owner to go back and get additional documentation which I found to be very cumbersome and annoying. My ONLY complaint is that the reimbursement took longer than expected although I did receive an email stating that their claims processes were running behind. Still, having to fork out $2,500 upfront, especially in this COVID crisis with the environment, was very difficult for me and I desperately needed the reimbursement as quickly as possible. Claim was started with my dog's first vet appointment on 7/18 and I finally got reimbursement for the large chunk of it today - so almost a month later. Worth the price for my pets, and I think once their claims volume goes down the wait time may decrease. So far I would recommend this company and have been happy with them all the way around. You never know until you have to file a claim!
The maximum allowed for holistic care is way too low. I have a dog with ongoing health concerns that are treated with acupuncture, laser therapy and chiropractic. Once I’ve met my deductible the benefit for holistic care maxes out at $350 which covers only 3 treatments. Unfortunately I can’t switch to another provider with better benefits for alternative care due to pre-existing conditions. So the Pet’s Best policy has become quite a waste of money. This is unfortunate because I had always been happy with the company and have used them for years. Now that I have a renewal coming up I’m not sure what to do since very little of my dog’s treatment will be covered.
Very easy to submit a claim, with speedy resolution.
AMAZING!! Easy to submit claims and I was actually covered. Thank you so much Pets Best.
I thought the claims process for Sasha was well designed, clear, concise and completed with professionalism and alacrity.
Claims are handled fairly.
Deductables on older dogs are too high.. Should be considered on how long you have been a client.
Whenever there were updates to a claim I would be notified right away. Any issues I have had have been addressed in a timely manner. Thank you for helping us take care of our two dogs.
My husband and I adopted an 8 year old dog a few months ago and we knew he would likely have health problems soon due to his age. I’m so glad we decided to go for one of the best pet insurance packages. We chose the 90% reimbursement plan with a $1,000 deductible and no annual limit on reimbursement. Our dog had a medical emergency that cost us over $3,500. Luckily, that meant we hit our deductible quickly and would be reimbursed for our expenses. One thing to note though is that the reimbursement is based on whatever amount is left after they subtract what they consider to be the co-pay. So if you spent $100 out of pocket, the co-pay is somewhere around $15-$20 and they will reimburse 90% of the remaining $80-$85. Still worth it though!
Poor communication. A hold was put on one of my claims. The only reason I knew that was because I asked. They never let me know what was going on. I pay my bill on time. Why can’t they?
I had high hopes for Pets Best! I submitted my first claim which included a years worth of flea/tick and heart worm meds for my dog, because that’s how I buy it. Along with his vaccines. Due to Covid, the vet treated the appointment as an emergency appt, and charged $17 which was denied. For a claim of $497 - they only paid $122 for preventive. Very low benefits for the wellness portion of the plan. Beware, once you sign up, you are locked in for 1 year.
I previously had VPI. For the same claim, they would have reimbursed me over $215.
Insurance advertises to be one of the best, but in my experience they leave a lot to be desired. You are unable to contact customer service by phone without a 45 -60 minute wait time. And it takes 4-6 weeks for them to pay their claims. To me, this is not acceptable!
Pets Best Insurance is rated 4.43 based on 4,331 reviews