Prep Expert Reviews

Read Prep Expert Reviews

(877) 345-7737

support@prepexpert.com

Tell us how Prep Expert made you happy
Worst SAT Prep you can ever take. They are just into money making. They are hiring incompetent college students. My daughter;s scores were 1310 before taking their classes and it went down after taking the classes with them.
The proctor pressured the students to finish the practice tests to fit her personal schedule. Even though in person class size was great with only 4 students yet my daughter could not be given opportunity to ask enough questions. It was pure business once you registered and paid the money it was a done dealI gave 2 stars because of good class size and nice location for the classes but that's about it.Honestly my daughter's scores were better before taking this course. I would recommend that you can study and take practice tests on your own far better way.
The process was long and boring, with the class being too expensive. The website is hard to use, impossible to find essay prompts and vocab words. It's nearly impossible to gauge how well you'll do on the SAT with these classes, and throughout the practice exams my own scores have not improved. If you are already a high performing student, it's best to not waste the thousand dollars on this six weeks of pure boredom.
Mrs. Celina Paudel was a great instructor she is very knowledgeable!
Jacob Harrison made my SAT review class very enjoyable. He is one of a few teachers who I could ever think would make someone look forward to a 3 hour long SAT review class but he is so raw that I look forward to class every time. He helps me when I ask and makes sure nobody is left behind. He very raw. We love Shaan Patel.
Before Prep Expert, I was unconfident and scored below average on my practice tests. Once I started with Prep Expert, my score began to increase so much I became more confident in myself and my abilities to do well. Clay Cooper was my teacher and he is the best because he is so interactive and knowledgable. So far, I have made a 400+ increase and I could have NEVER done it with Prep Expert! Thank you so much!!!
Prep Expert is an eccentric and resourceful prep course that allowed me to progress as a student. I had Daniel Lee as my instructor and Kevin Parrish as my TA. My instructor and TA were extremely helpful in explaining key concepts as well as every detail in a question. I overall improved over 250 points from the start to the end of the course (in my overall SAT score) and I went from a 20 to achieving a 24 (perfect score) on the SAT essays. I would definitely recommend this course to anyone who is willing to strive for their desired score along with the help of the most compelling and potent strategies. I am beginning tenth grade this year, and I already feel confident enough to continue studying and improving my score while utilizing all of the strategies that Prep Expert provides! There is no doubt that Prep Expert has a rigorous and enriching SAT prep course.
My experience was decent, I personally didn't like the teaching style of my prep expert teacher. He often kept on talking about things that distracted me from learning. His jokes and memes were lame and found myself bored very often resulting in me ending up playing games on my phone or browsing social media. It was really hard to pay attention in my instructors class. The website and accessibility are really good but I wish I chose a different instructor.
Hi Shahpur!

Thank you for providing us feedback about your instructor and experience with the course. Our instructors attempt to connect with students on a variety of levels to help make SAT prep more engaging. It sounds like your instructor fell short and for that, I apologize.

I'm glad you enjoyed the platform though!

If you would like to provide us with more details about your experience, please send us an email to support@prepexpert.com.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide us feedback about your course and good luck on your next exam!
Clay Cooper is the best instructor! I give him unlimited stars. I like being able to reference videos and his in depth and simple approaches. It is easy to tell that he truly enjoys his job and connects with his students well. I feel that I have learned so much from him, and he has even taught things students have asked about that aren't even tested.

However, I wish I had quicker and more thorough feedback on essays. I get told how I can do better next time on my 5th test essay after I have completed the course. I would get told to reference the textbook and use a specific style of analysis when I was trying my best to do so.
The only benefits I gained from this program was the accessibility to useful textbooks, practice tests, and accountability to study. Daniel Lee, my instructor, strayed off topic way too often. I often times found myself off task from the unnecessary commentary from our teacher. When I commented a specific question, it would often result in a "you should know this already" or if I was lucky, a brief and rushed response that didn't help. I am sure that independent study after this course will be necessary to achieve the score I'm after. If a student needs outside pressure to study, this course could help. However, if a student is independent and requires direct tutoring, another course would be more helpful.
Hi!

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback about your instructor and I'm sorry your experience wasn't great. We train our instructors to fully answer every test prep question that comes their way. Also, we want to make sure our instructors connect with their class. This often takes a little straying from time to time.

Again, I'm sorry your experience wasn't great. We sincerely hope you do great on your next exam!
Daniel Lee was a great teacher. He went over the concepts well. A very rigerous course, but worth it if you put the time and effort into it!
From the parent:
* After completing the course, my daughter did not achieve the guaranteed result. Because she had a 1320 on her previous SAT, Prep Expert "guaranteed" a 150 pt increase and she achieved an 80 pt increase.
* Prep Expert declined to honor the guarantee and refund the price I paid for two reasons:
1) ONE of the essay's as part of ONE of the SIX practice tests was late (note that essays DO NOT count toward you SAT score) and
2) she missed answering the tutoring session poll questions by 1% (79% vs required 80%)
* I wrote to Prep Expert customer service explaining the neither of their reasons for not honoring their guarantee impacted my daughter's actual SAT score but they are very rigid and lack a customer-first mindset. For the above reasons, I would not recommend Prep Expert.

From the student:
* Too much of the online tutoring sessions were spent reviewing questions she did not miss.
* Customer service was slow.
Hello Bill,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I'm sorry we couldn't help your student improve her score and I completely understand your frustration. We do everything we can to help students understand the course requirements before the course starts, which includes asking students to watch a course introduction video as part of their first homework assignments. The 6 hour time frame rule and poll questions are both mentioned in the video. The instructor also opens the floor to questions about the requirements after the video is viewed in class 1.

I know you are disappointed and completely frustrated with Prep Expert. Even though your student did not meet the requirements for a refund, we did offer a free 6-week Flagship course to help them get to the score they need to get into the college of their dreams. That offer is still on the table. Please reach out to us anytime and we can help you get re-enrolled.

-The Prep Expert Customer Support Team
I had Daniel Lee as my instructor and he is honestly the best instructor that I have ever had for an online course. I felt welcome every session and he encouraged me to keep pushing further past what I thought I was capable of achieving. After my course, I learned so many things I have never known before and Daniel made sure that I understood everything we were learning and answered all of my questions. Whenever I had a problem with what we were learning, Daniel made sure that I understood it fully and gave lots of visual examples on how to do everything. I fully recommend Daniel to anyone who really wants to learn how to master the SAT.
yeah it was helpful but sometimes daniel is rude and can not call us dumb and say we are not studying. some people try their best and still need more help so when you say that it made me feel somewhat bad and afraid to ask questions. score did not improve much only 90 points and i am no where near my goal so still disappointing
The instructor, Ben Smith, always made the class enjoyable for everyone. He definitely gave great guidance. At first, it seemed annoying to pay attention for 6 hours a week, but it was definitely worth it. However, I wish that there would have been more strategies given for the science section, which should have been talked about more. Overall, this this was a good program that I enjoyed.
Overall, I would definitely recommend PrepExpert! I used it and got my target SAT score, which made me really happy :) My instructor was Nishi Patel and she was AMAZING! She definitely made the class fun and her strategies were super helpful and effective.

A few lessons I learned over the course:

1) Although the teachers and the material is designed to help you succeed and raise your score significantly, you will have to put in time outside of class and make sure you don't fall behind on the homework or the tests. One tip I really liked from the course was the SAT Insight Notebook, which was a way to learn from your mistakes.

2) Sometimes, you won't get what is promised. In the course that I selected, it said I would recieve a KindleFire with my order and that my essays would be graded each week. However, I didn't get a Kindle and some of my essays were not graded :/ Although this wasn't really an issue for me, it might be useful information for other people considering the course.

3) The strategies and test-taking tips do really help, but you have to be focused in class and try to implement them at home. That being said, if you pay attention in the course, your score should go up :))

4) The tips are especially helpful for people struggling with the reading and writing section! If you struggle more with math (like me), it's more helpful to practice at home and ask for help during class with questions you don't understand.

Ultimately, although the 6-week (in person) class is a bit pricey, I think it's worth the cost as long as you have the time for the homework/tests. Good luck to everyone taking the SAT/ACT!
Prep Expert really has given me a new perspective on test-taking. I never realized how important this class was and now that I'm writing this, I am so glad I know its importance: you learn how to take tests, learn time management, and learn valuable skills. I have seen my score on the practice tests literally go up every time from 1250 to 1310 to 1420 all in about a month. Prep Expert is indeed a great place if not the best place to start for practicing for the SAT/ACT tests.

P.S. In regards to the money-back guarantee thing, you have to do be consistent with the work they assign because if you aren't, you most likely won't get the guarantee.
PARENTS Please do not waste your hard earning money. I wasted my money and I couldn't get back. They don't focus or care on students subject and improvement. This place is not worth for education, money and time.
This is a misleading review based on information the reviewer is not providing; this parent has been in contact with our Customer Service department and was informed that his son did not complete all of the required Practice Tests and Homework Essays. Because of this work not being completed and turned in on time, he is ineligible for a refund as per our stated Terms of Service.
AMAZING COURSE! BOOSTED MY SCORE UP AFTER THE 1ST CLASS!!!! NISHI PATEL WAS AN AMAZING INSTRUCTOR AND HELPED ME LEARN BY CONNECTING TO THE TEST!!! THANK YOU PREP EXPERT!
My son took PrepExpert class for SAT and out of the 6 sessions, half was spent on essay writing when only a few colleges require the essay! I did not feel that he benefitted from it.
Prep Expert is rated 4.65 based on 2,631 reviews