surprice car rental Reviews

of reviewers recommend surprice car rental

Tell us how surprice car rental made you happy
surprice car rental 1 star review on 27th May 2022
surprice car rental 1 star review on 8th August 2021
Adrian
surprice car rental 1 star review on 19th July 2021
Lucky To Be Alive
Shocking service from start to finish. Avoid
This rental car company is the worst experience I have had in renting cars. They doubled our fees at the counter with an excuse that our 4 different credit cards (2 types of visa cards, 1 mastercard & 1 visa debit) we presented were not accepted in terms of an insurance deposit. As a result they told us we must pay the maximum insurance daily rate which ruined our vacation. We had already a rental car insurance which we pay yearly. The 2 persons in front of us also had the same issues which caused a long wait for everyone. Also we had booked a small Fiat & they gave us a medium size car which was not what we had requested. Avoid this company
J'ai été extorqué de 992€ par le bureau de l'aéroport d'Athènes sous motif "griffes" sur un véhicule de 9 ans qui était griffé et cabossé de partout!!L'employé m'a menacé de ne pas nous conduire à l'aéroport si je signait pas le rapport de "dommages"!!Cela à 1 1/2h de mon vol de retour!!SUR PRICE = MAUVAISE SURPRISE!!PLUS JAMAIS!!Ils sont la honte des loueurs de voitures!!!
Dont trust this company one bit. I dropped my car off with no damage and the right amount of petrol, which they confirmed. 7 days later i got a £700 charge through on my card, i am still disputing the charge and they are just sending me round random office and not getting back to me. Avoid at all costs.
I would give them zero stars if I could. This review is for Surprice car rental in Porto, Portugal. I thought I had already paid for everything and when I went to pick up the car I had to pay extra insurance, or they would block $6000.00 on my credit car in case the car was damaged or stolen, another credit card block of 300 euros in case of loss of key, incorrect petrol etc. When the car was towed in Lisbon for a parking infringement (my fault), 4 days before my contract was up, I went to the police station, payed the parking fine but could not collect the car because there was no registration in the glove box. The company said someone from Porto had to come and get the car and they would give me another one from Lisbon. When I went to the Lisbon office I paid them the cost of the towing and one night of storage of the car at the police station. They waited 4 days to collect the car and incurred 24 euro a day charge for car storage (96euros) that they then charged to my credit card. In addition they didn't have any automatic cars and so I was with out a car for the remaining 4 day of my contract and they wouldn't refund the rental for the 4 days because it was my fault the car was towed. Horrible, horrible and expensive experience. Don't ruin your trip, go with one of the big car rental companies like Avis. What a nightmare.
Don't book Surprice!!! Ripp-off!! We got a totally scratched old car and they charged 250€ on my Credit card 2 weeks later, although we paid the insurance and didn't do any damage!!
Dont trust this company one bit. I dropped my car off with no damage and the right amount of petrol, which they confirmed. 7 days later i got a £700 charge through on my card, i am still disputing the charge and they are just sending me round random offices and not getting back to me. Avoid at all costs.
To avoid surprises NEVER rent a car with Sur Price or Right Cars. both are the same company! 1 - I chose the company Right Cars to avoid Sur Price because I had checked the reviews and decided it was not worth renting from them, but to my surprise a guy from Sur Price picked me up at the airport. 2 - Alugamos um Hyundai (107,64 Euros) por 8 dias e eles entregaram um Renault Clio que custava 66,76 euros pelo mesmo período. 3 - In the middle of my trip the car started giving a warning signal by turning on the oil light. I opened the hood and found that the oil was too dark and below the minimum level. I told the company that, without apologizing, asked me to put oil in the car. 4 - I returned the car in perfect condition. The next day I went to check my account and saw that the value of the lock deposit of 375 euros was consisting of my statement for payment. This was the worst experience I ever had to rent a car.
Achtung! BITTE LESEN! Betrugsverdacht! Das war mit Abstand der günstigste Anbieter. Für 5 Tage hatten wir nicht mal 30 Euro bezahlt. Der nächste Anbieter lag bei ca. 90 Euro. Im Nachhinein lässt sich der günstige Preis erklären. Wir hatten direkt während der Fahrt zu unserem Hotel (nach ca. 20 km Fahrt) eine Luftdruckmeldung, die wir als Fehlmeldumg hielten. Am nächsten Morgen hatten wir einen platten Reifen aufgrund einer Schraube im Reifen. Nachdem wir mit dem Ersatzreifen zum Flughafen gefahren sind wurden uns 115 Euro für die Reparatur berechnet. Dabei wurde der Reifen nur mittels Kleber geflickt und nicht ausgetauscht! Wir hatten am Flughafen noch ein Paar getroffen, die ebenfalls eine Schraube im Reifen hatten. Diese sah 100% genauso aus wie unsere. Als wir das Auto zurückgeben haben hatten wir - oh Wunder- ein weiteres Paar kennengelernt die ebenfalls eine Schraube im Reifen hatten. Was ebenfalls sehr komisch war ist das die Schrauben alle mittig im Reifen waren und das auch noch in einer "Wasserableitungsrille". Obwohl es sich an dieser Stelle am Reifen um eine Vertiefung handelt steckte die Schraube tiefer als das Reifenprofil. Leider hatte ich in der ganzen Hektik und Aufregung nicht mehr Bilder davon gemacht. 3 Schrauben (nicht Nägel!) an 3 verschiedenen Autos? Für mich sieht das nach einer Masche aus um vielleicht die Verluste aufgrund der aktuellen Lage auszugleichen. Das nächste Mal werden wir die Reifen besser unter die Lupe nehmen und vor allem ein Stück vorfahren um diese rundum prüfen zu können. Wir haben in Deutschland Anzeige wegen Betrugsverdacht erstattet. Außerdem haben wir uns an die europäische Beschwerdestelle gewendet und den Vertriebspartner Cardelmar. Wir suchen weitere Betroffene! Bitte melden!
surprice car rental 1 star review on 25th September 2020
Don't rent a car here! Upon arrival at Herakilon airport we wanted to pick up our 2 rented cars (automatic). Here we were shocked by what was offered to us. 2 almost vintage cars of 13 and 14 years old. It was late and they couldn't give us anything else. These cars, 13 and 14 years old, were a danger on the road. Lighting was bad, shock absorbers totally worn, electric window was defective, odometer stopped working. I was happy to have arrived at our destination (Ghania) after 3 hours. The next day, after a lot of telephone consultation, fortunately in this place we could exchange the cars for 2 x Fiat Panda, no automatic transmission and much smaller. But this will cost you another day of vacation, what a misery ...
DO NOT USE THEM I’ve booked a car from Sofia airport for 11 days for the price of £175.30 of which I’ve paid £11.29 deposit with remaining balance to be paid on collection £164.01 . On arrival was asked to pay the total £175.30 plus £13.50 ( outside normal hours which was included in the initial quote) plus £11 per day insurances . Very unhelpful and rude staff and had to use different company on the end. Avoid them very dishonest company . Confirmation no: SCR143647 Booking no: DC-1464856
This review is for the Surprice in Lisbon, Portugal: I would give them 0 stars if I could. HORRIBLE experience! Please do not give this company any more business!! We had trouble with our car and they left us STRANDED in Spain and would not return our phone calls!! We made our way back to Lisbon on our own - with NO HELP from them - and they were completely unapologetic about the whole situation. Absolutely horrible.
This review is for Surprice in Lisbon, Portugal: I would give them 0 stars if I could. HORRIBLE experience! Please do not give this company any more business!! We had trouble with our car and they left us STRANDED in Spain and would not return our phone calls!! We made our way back to Lisbon on our own - with NO HELP from them - and they were completely unapologetic about the whole situation. Absolutely horrible.
I would never recommend this company and cheap prices are misleading. We rented a car which obviously had scratches but the pick up protocol and photos were not done properly and we didn't check the bottom bumper. We returned the car and we were charged 250 euro for a scratch which was not done by us. Be very careful with pick up protocols and check. Company of cheaters and bad service.
Beware, fraudsters. They delivered my car rent "unwashed" and on delivery they claimed 2 minor scratches that pre-existed on front/rear bumper (Could easily be fixed with a scratch remove marker for $5) and withheld 500eur from my card.
[London Heathrow] Either avoid this scam shop at all costs, or make sure that you take very detailed pictures when renting from this company, including from the alloys. I was just stolen £350 for damage which 100% was there before. I literally just drove 48 miles to my parking spot and back, making it not possible to scratch the alloys. As someone who rents cars very frequently and never paid any damage costs, I was stupid enough not to take pictures when renting the car. When I asked the salesperson to show me pictures of the last check out, he said he had none on record because the last rental was more than 3 months old (?) instead he showed me a check out report from March, funny enough the mileage on the car when “last rented out” was 3500 miles less than when I rented it? But I had a flight to take and had no time to argue- so I told them that they should take the 350 from my deposit - which they said it’s not possible and I need to pay with another card ? Doesn’t make sense and sounds criminal (and probably is criminal) but I have a flight to take to see my family, so I agree to pay the money stating that I will complain about this. What’s the point of deposit if not for paying damages? And then, when paying this mysterious 350, I wanted to pay with my credit card (so that I can open a dispute) but then I had to pay with my debit card ? Ridiculous scam company. To be avoided
surprice car rental is rated 1.19 based on 113 reviews