TouchUpDirect Reviews

Returns Process
Easy
Read TouchUpDirect Reviews

About TouchUpDirect:

Thank you for shopping with us. TouchUpDirect offers the best touch up paint and the tools you need to do the job right.

We've been in your shoes: hoping we ordered the correct paint, but not quite sure we'll get it. That's why we started TouchUpDirect. Getting a good paint match should be easy.

TouchUpDirect can ensure you're ready for your next paint project. We'll get you the right paint so you can get it just right:

•The paint TouchUpDirect sells matches the factory coatings.

•Our paint is the good stuff: the same formulas as the manufacturers, mixed in the same machines.

•We'll put the correct paint in the best applicator for your repair.

•We stock the painting tools and accessories you need to do the best job possible.

•Ordering online is quick, simple and reliable.

•TouchUpDirect customer service treats you the way we'd want to be treated.

•We know paint, and we know what you want. Because we use factory paint specifications to ensure you get the right match, you'll get the correct paint even when the manufacturer offered dozens – or hundreds – of color options.

TouchUpDirect is a growing American company, adding hundreds of thousands of new customers every year. Our offices and production shops are in Southern California. Our paints are made and mixed in the U.S. Our professional staff has more than 40 years experience in the paint business.

We're here so you can have a good touch up painting experience.

Yours truly,

The TouchUpDirect team

7622 Van Nuys Blvd.

Tell us how TouchUpDirect made you happy
TouchUpDirect Reviews | 7th July 2020
joyridesmedia
arcticaxrenegade
dieselweasel_28
More Photos & Videos
Product good. Not an exact match. Close, rear bumper may not be too noticeable. As a former mechanic and body man, I know what I am doing. Price a little high but seems to be quality paints. For the price, they should supply more of the decreased pads which smelled like prep sol.
Site easy to navigate. Good experience. When the touch up gets here I can right more
In an era where many Internet companies fail to answer emails and phone calls, and fail to deliver the products they advertise, TouchUpDirect is a shining star for their outstanding customer service. Prior to placing my order, I sent a message asking for clarification about Toyota 3P1 (impulse red metallic) paint, and James promptly replied. I placed my order, and the paint arrived 7 days later. The paint was a perfect color match, and the aerosol can sprayed the paint without sputter or splatter. However, the paint was translucent. I refinished the trunk of a 2001 Toyota Corolla, about 5 square feet in area. The factory basecoat was OK but the clearcoat peeled off over much of that area. I sanded off the remaining clearcoat but accidently sanded down to the factory primer in some areas. The TouchUpDirect directions said to apply 2-3 light coats of paint (basecoat). When applied over the factory basecoat, 3 light coats were adequate and provided a perfect color match. When applied over the factory primer, the primer color was still showing through after 5 coats when I ran out of paint. I estimate that 8-9 coats are required over primer for a perfect color match. I applied 2-3 coats of clearcoat as directed. A week after application, I found the clearcoat blushes under standing rainwater drops; the blushing clears up after drying out in the sun. Hopefully time and waxing will stop the blushing. I give TouchUpDirect 5 stars for customer service, 3 stars for basecoat opacity and clearcoat water resistance.
Nice supply of paint for many vehicles.
Too soon. I haven't received my order yet.
The instruction is simple .
I hope I will be pleased with your product. The online experience was good but a little confusing in choosing options but there were so many I guess I understand.
I had some old deep scratches on my 2014 Cadillac that I wanted to finally take care of. I went to a paint shop and they priced it at $500, but wanted me to paint my whole car for several thousand dollars to make sure the hood didn't stand out. I am in grad school (and have a wife and kids) and don't have $500 let alone several thousand dollars to fix a few scratches so I had to look at alternatives. Touch up direct came highly recommended to me by my wife's coworker. At like $40ish dollars it seemed like a good bet, and if it didn't work out then I could keep putting the repair off without being down much more. I got the pen/brush combo with primer and clear coat. I really didn't like using the pen because like most paint markers it's sort of hard to stay consistent with how much liquid you are applying. The brush is great, but hard to use on thin scratches. We sort of had to mix and match how we used both the pen and brush, and I think by the end we were doing ok. The primer and paint went in easy, but we had a little trouble with the clear coat being a bit globby (probably because a black car in the sun dries everything out quick). Ultimately, I'm really happy with the purchase. The paint was a quality match as far as I can tell. We didn't have much trouble applying everything (other then the pen sometimes being weird). The cost was great, and I think that from a financial perspective I absolutely spent less then 10% the price of repainting the hood and I got much more then a 10% return. The shipping took like 10 days when I payed for 2-5, but that's USPSs fault and I received a refund for the shipping cost. Ik unsure about durability. Ultimately, I think for the price this was a great pickup, and is great for minor cosmetic repair. It is certainly not a perfect fix, as the scratches are still sort of evident if you look for them, but I feel much much better about the scratches and can find a more permanent solution when finances permit. My only real tips are keep your car cool so that layers dont instant dry and glob a tiny bit, and make sure to clean your car thoroughly because it's easy to get dust into the paint (we quickly realized and have to do some cleaning).
Thank you for taking the time to provide such a thorough and honest review. Your feedback will help others, and in my opinion, it's what leaving a review is all about.

I'm thrilled to hear that your experience went well. Please feel free to reach out if you need anything else.

- Lonnie T.
Easy website to maneuver, easily found what I was looking for, and I have zero experience with painting.
Nothing to say.
James was very professional
color was good but spray can left half the paint in it because airesol ran out
(Jeep) -
Needed blending but still came out great.
(Jeep) -
Easy to find what I was looking for
Couldn't locate paint on web site. Had to contact touch up. No problems after that. Second time using Touch-up. Paint matched perfectly. Thanks
easy process
Easy to find what I needed and ordering was simple.
While the communication was great, the actual delivery time was not. It took about 2 weeks for the receipt of the order.
fast and easy