TouchUpDirect Reviews

returns process
Easy
Read TouchUpDirect Reviews

About TouchUpDirect:

Thank you for shopping with us. TouchUpDirect offers the best touch up paint and the tools you need to do the job right.

We've been in your shoes: hoping we ordered the correct paint, but not quite sure we'll get it. That's why we started TouchUpDirect. Getting a good paint match should be easy.

TouchUpDirect can ensure you're ready for your next paint project. We'll get you the right paint so you can get it just right:

•The paint TouchUpDirect sells matches the factory coatings.

•Our paint is the good stuff: the same formulas as the manufacturers, mixed in the same machines.

•We'll put the correct paint in the best applicator for your repair.

•We stock the painting tools and accessories you need to do the best job possible.

•Ordering online is quick, simple and reliable.

•TouchUpDirect customer service treats you the way we'd want to be treated.

•We know paint, and we know what you want. Because we use factory paint specifications to ensure you get the right match, you'll get the correct paint even when the manufacturer offered dozens – or hundreds – of color options.

TouchUpDirect is a growing American company, adding hundreds of thousands of new customers every year. Our offices and production shops are in Southern California. Our paints are made and mixed in the U.S. Our professional staff has more than 40 years experience in the paint business.

We're here so you can have a good touch up painting experience.

Yours truly,

The TouchUpDirect team

7622 Van Nuys Blvd.

Tell us how TouchUpDirect made you happy
It's really a pleasure to a company that delivers exactly what is advertised!! The match was exact and I did the repair under a carport! The only problem I encountered was time and temperature. I got the color on (even on the plastic bumper with some adhesive promoter) but by time I was shooting the clear it was too cold! I laid on 1 coat and could see a problem coming so I went with a wet coat first and left it alone. The next warm day was 5 day's later ! I had to color sand the fender ( went too far in 1 spot) but applied 3 coats anyway! Waited 3 day's and color sanded again and polished !! Turned out great!! I can still see where I went too far but no one else has.noticed it. Pay attention to your temps outside and it's a piece of cake !! I may even get another can of color and clear later this summer and do it again so I don't have see it either!!Good stuff from a good company!! That's rare in this day and age!!! Thanks you guy's make easy to stay looking good !!! An extremely happy customer!!!!! Steve
Steven,

Thank you very much for the thoughtful and detailed review. We truly appreciate it when our customers provide this level of feedback. Your review will undoubtedly help other customers looking to touch up their vehicles.

Please let us know if there is anything else you need.

Thanks,
Lonnie T.
Came through with a satin finish and didn’t match as I expected
(Jeep) -
Shipping was good, the paint match was good . The primer was dry and when it came out of the pen it was thick and you could not put it on evenly , but the worst think was the clean coat it ran out the pen like water and ran down the side of my car . I used paint pen before and they been hit or miss but this was down right the worst!
Hi Kevin,

Thank you for the feedback. I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the product. I've forwarded this review to our support team,​ and someone should be reaching out to you soon.

Seems like my order should have been shipped a few days ago. It's been a week and hasnt yet...
Shipping and delivery speed is very slow
I received the wrong paint and requested a return. I then bought it again so I had the right paint. Instead of getting a refund for the wrong paint I found out that you were going to send me a replacement paint so now I have two sets...
I love the website except that paying with PayPal using my iPhone (Safari) doesn’t work! I think it has to do with the pop up window process. It comes back to the site and says Shopping Cart Empty. I’m a web developer, by the way.
Why tell me you can supply pens and brushes, when I ordered areosols
Color didn’t match it looked like it did but it did not
Poor color match on my Mazda 3. Also did not care for the water based paint.
Paint is thick and clumpy ! Not sure if due to weather on delivery but not the best
(Jeep) -
We received our product and the bottle was broken and paint spilled inside the box. We asked for a replacement and still have NOT gotten it.
I haven’t heard back from my request for return unfortunately.
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. It looks like one of our support agents has already reached out with a solution, but if you need anything else, please feel free to give us a call at 855-600-8160.

Thanks,
Didn't match! Not even very close.
Hello Edwin,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. I apologize for the trouble.

I'm having our support team look into the issue. As part of our Color Match Guarantee, we will work to make it right. In the meantime, please feel free to reach out with any questions by calling 855-600-8160 or by emailing Help@touchupdirect.com

- Lonnie T.
Paint did not match my car unfortunately and it is very obvious. I even followed the directions in terms of the amount of coats and time but unfortunately paint still did not match when it was dry.
Hi Mary,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. Have you reached out to our support team regarding the color issue? In most cases, we can correct any color issue and send out a replacement order. Our support team can be reached by emailing help@touchupdirect.com or by calling 855-600-8160

- Lonnie T. ​
Paint half full, quit spraying, i need both cans thank you
I found the quality of the pen to be poor. The distribution of the paint was inconsistent, at best.
I'll start with the good: Color match is acceptable. Not terrible. Not great. Initial customer support was helpful. ease of ordering was nice, but it did take a long time to arrive from the West Coast to me here in NC. The bad: The base coat application process did NOT go well. For starters, the color kept collecting on the metal rim UNDERNEATH the spray nozzle and would periodically get caught up in the aerosol spray and splatter big drops, or just drip. I got wise to this EARLY. It did this on my 3rd pass of my first base coat attempt. NOT the third COAT, i'm saying, this happened on the 3rd pass of the 1st coat. I'm just painting a small Miata fender, off the car. So, its a small part. You would not think painting such a small piece would have the ability to create such a build up so quickly. So, clearly, this is a flawed design. This did NOT happen with the clear coat. The clear coat went on with no spits or drips. however, the clear coat is REALLY tough to lay on in a heavy enough pattern to get it to really lay down smooth without creating a cloudy haze in the finish. Any less than this amount and you get a really dry, coarse, orange peel looking finish. I did not expect a butt match color match. I would not expect that from a high paid body shop finish, which is why they always insist on blending the color on to the adjacent panel to get the best color match. I was trying to do this on the cheap. I'm going to have to re-do it, so, did NOT get what I paid for. This is not really an acceptable finish to apply to a car. I painted cars for a living in the past before I went to college, but that was 20 years ago. I was really hoping that this solution would work, but in the end, its just going to cost me more time and money.
It would be nice to have a sheet of directions with the two can kit.
I ordered three colors, one was perfect, one was close enough, and one was so wrong there was no way to use it. That is when the long drawn out issue of trying to blame me for the problem began. I heard numerous excuses why the color was wrong, from you gave us the wrong code, to the vehicle has been repainted, to it needs at least two coats of clear to match up. After several emails and headaches I finally got my money back on that color. WAY TO MANY EXCUSES!
paint color is right on but it took extremely long to get it and I've spent hours trying to get the applicator to work like it should. A slight push on the pen does not bring paint or clear coat out. In fact I have to continually take the tip out of the applicator, turn it around just to get paint or the clear coat to come out. It's a pain and a mess.
TouchUpDirect is rated 4.62 based on 11,177 reviews