TouchUpDirect Reviews

91% of reviewers recommend TouchUpDirect

About TouchUpDirect: Thank you for shopping with us. TouchUpDirect offers the best touch up paint and the tools you need to do the job right.

We've been in your shoes: hoping we ordered the correct paint, but not quite sure we'll get it. That's why we started TouchUpDirect. Getting a good paint match should be easy.

TouchUpDirect can ensure you're ready for your next paint project. We'll get you the right paint so you can get it just right:

•The paint TouchUpDirect sells matches the factory coatings.

•Our paint is the good stuff: the same formulas as the manufacturers, mixed in the same machines.

•We'll put the correct paint in the best applicator for your repair.

•We stock the painting tools and accessories you need to do the best job possible.

•Ordering online is quick, simple and reliable.

•TouchUpDirect customer service treats you the way we'd want to be treated.

•We know paint, and we know what you want. Because we use factory paint specifications to ensure you get the right match, you'll get the correct paint even when the manufacturer offered dozens – or hundreds – of color options.

TouchUpDirect is a growing American company, adding hundreds of thousands of new customers every year. Our offices and production shops are in Southern California. Our paints are made and mixed in the U.S. Our professional staff has more than 40 years experience in the paint business.

We're here so you can have a good touch up painting experience.

Yours truly,

The TouchUpDirect team

7622 Van Nuys Blvd.

Tell us how TouchUpDirect made you happy

Under an hour
"I almost gave TouchUpDirect 4.5 Stars for customer service, but I also have to admit that I would not give myself that good a score as a customer. I was difficult. I saw a 3rd party coupon online for TouchupDirect. I seemingly took advantage of it, but later learned from customer service that it was not theirs and they knew nothing about. The coupon offered up to 25% off, which could have been anywhere from 1% to 25% off. The customer service person who responded. Said sorry, It's not ours and would not honor it. A little later, I got another email from another customer service person who offered me a 10% off coupon and refunded that part of my purchase after the fact. Pretty classy I'd say and very much appreciated. Now if the paint works as good as their customer service, I'll be a be a happy camper. Stay tuned!"
"Touch up color completely wrong in spite of correct color on the label. Slow to respond and still have no idea of when I will get a replacement. I certainly won't be doing business with this outfit again."
"I'll start with the good: Color match is acceptable. Not terrible. Not great. Initial customer support was helpful. ease of ordering was nice, but it did take a long time to arrive from the West Coast to me here in NC. The bad: The base coat application process did NOT go well. For starters, the color kept collecting on the metal rim UNDERNEATH the spray nozzle and would periodically get caught up in the aerosol spray and splatter big drops, or just drip. I got wise to this EARLY. It did this on my 3rd pass of my first base coat attempt. NOT the third COAT, i'm saying, this happened on the 3rd pass of the 1st coat. I'm just painting a small Miata fender, off the car. So, its a small part. You would not think painting such a small piece would have the ability to create such a build up so quickly. So, clearly, this is a flawed design. This did NOT happen with the clear coat. The clear coat went on with no spits or drips. however, the clear coat is REALLY tough to lay on in a heavy enough pattern to get it to really lay down smooth without creating a cloudy haze in the finish. Any less than this amount and you get a really dry, coarse, orange peel looking finish. I did not expect a butt match color match. I would not expect that from a high paid body shop finish, which is why they always insist on blending the color on to the adjacent panel to get the best color match. I was trying to do this on the cheap. I'm going to have to re-do it, so, did NOT get what I paid for. This is not really an acceptable finish to apply to a car. I painted cars for a living in the past before I went to college, but that was 20 years ago. I was really hoping that this solution would work, but in the end, its just going to cost me more time and money."
"Paint in spray can was excellent. However had difficulties controlling overspray and smooth application with the spray can clear coat. Paint was a deep matilic red and spot on, high quality and good delivery. Would purchase again. Will look else where for the clear coat or maybe I just got a unlucky can this last time."
"The first bottle I ordered did not match the color, I contacted them and right away they responded and sent me a replacement. They went above and beyond to make sure it was the right match. Awesome customer service!"
"It did what is was supposed to do."
"Easy to use and does a great job."
"Sam & staff from TouchUpDirect have been working with me for 30+ days to help me find a paint code for touch up paint for my 2018 Dodge Daytona stock wheels. I have spoke to FCA a number of times to solve this problem. My request has been sent to the Engineering dept., hoping this problem can be solved. All auto mfg that offer painted wheels in their lineup should supply the color code/touch up paint with their trim package. I hope to solve this problem soon. Thanks to TouchUpDirect for supporting me & helping me pioneer this issue which should not be ignored. Touch up paint for wheels should not be treated as a blind item. Thanks again, To Sam & staff at TouchUpDirect"
"Paint was a nice match. I live about 20 miles away from the shop and my order took 3 days to leave the shop and then another 3 days to be passed around FexEx. The shipping experience was a hassle."
"After putting three coats of your touchup paint on scratched areas of my Honda (and there were several) and then the same number of the clear coats, all turned out great!"
"Touch up paint I ordered was delivered promptly & well packaged."
"It took a long time to receive the product, something like 8 or 9 days, but it finally arrived and worked well. One end of the tube has a small brush, open the other end and it looks like a felt marker. Both work well, depending on how large your chip(s) is(are). Good color match, expensive but would purchase again, but if you want to purchase a stick for your car should allow 2 weeks for your order to arrive."
"It would be nice to have a sheet of directions with the two can kit."
"Still have not received the product."
"I ordered three colors, one was perfect, one was close enough, and one was so wrong there was no way to use it. That is when the long drawn out issue of trying to blame me for the problem began. I heard numerous excuses why the color was wrong, from you gave us the wrong code, to the vehicle has been repainted, to it needs at least two coats of clear to match up. After several emails and headaches I finally got my money back on that color. WAY TO MANY EXCUSES!"
"TouchUpDirect provides excellent products and customer service!"
TouchUpDirect is rated 4.60 based on 9,780 reviews