TourRadar Reviews

4.6
Based on 6,606 reviews
Read TourRadar Reviews

About TourRadar:

TourRadar is the world’s first Adventure Booking Platform, where you can effortlessly book private, group and tailor-made multi-day organised adventures in 160+ countries around the world.

Traditionally, booking an organised adventure was a tedious and time-consuming process. Where will I stay? What activities will I do? What meals am I going to have? What operator can I trust? TourRadar makes booking multi-day adventures seamless and timely, partnering with 2,500+ operators to offer more than 50,000+ adventures in 160+ countries. Founded in 2010, TourRadar was the first to transition multi-day tours to an online marketplace, making them the leader in the industry.

In 2021, TourRadar further revolutionised the industry by introducing the Adventure Booking Platform, connecting travellers, operators, and travel agents to organised tours through one platform.

Sally I
The tour (London to Rome) was acceptable overall, below are Pro’s and Con’s as we experienced the tour. Pros 1. Two of four tour guides were helpful and added to our trip 2. Comfortable bus that was not too crowded 3. Hotel provided breakfast were good Cons 1. Very poor communication to the group about many things. We were told there would be “panels” at the first hotel and we would meet the guide in the evening for and introduction. Neither of these things happened and the guide showed up late in the morning. 2. The first guides English was not adequate for a tour guide. 3. The biggest complaint is the location of the hotels provided, they were always a long way from the city center. We were put in a hotel that was an hour out of London (with traffic) and were provided NO help on how to get to the city center. The same thing happened at every visited city – VERY disappointing. If a properly located hotel were not available, a pre-printed card with options for getting to the city the tour was visiting would be easy and valuable for the people on the tour. In some cases, we were given a handwritten note to take a picture of for help. On more than one occasion it was inaccurate or incomplete. 4. The tour was left mid-day in Paris and told that there would be no available transfer back to the hotel many kilometers away. People had no idea how to get back to the hotel, or even what the name of the hotel was. This was not communicated in advance to the people on the tour and the tour guide handled it poorly. Directions given on the spot by the tour guide about the subway system were wrong and added to the frustration.
I would say overall this tour delivered on all its deliverables that it promises that you will see, HOWEVER, TourRadar contracts out each leg of your itinerary to smaller local travel companies, which caused problems for us. We were initially informed by an employee for a third-party travel company in Athens that all hotel transfers were private and that drivers would have our names at the airport/port, etc. However, in reality, this simply was not the case, which caused us major confusion and resulted in us missing our transfer once in Naxos where the driver did not have our names but the name of the hotel instead. Also, on that part of the tour, the transfer to our hotel was NOT private as previously indicated and the tour was over capacity unlike what was indicated on the website. Overall, the consistency of your travel experience cannot be guaranteed if you go with TourRadar, so I would recommend looking into other travel companies.
I am trying to book a tour through Tour Rader. I have contacted about 6 tour companies on the list and not one company has got in touch with me. I have made two or 3 attempts. What is wrong.
It is a little confusing whether a person is dealing with tour radar or ymt vacations
Easy to book
Hi there, Thanks for your review, it's great to see you found it easy to book with TourRadar! We would love to learn more about your review rating, so will reach out to you directly to discuss any feedback you may have. Best regards The TourRadar Team
I have not been on the tour yet, I have merely booked the tour. We have not heard from anyone regarding the tour. It would be nice to be provided with more details.
I tried the chat line and Matthew could not even find the trip I wanted to book. Could not keep straight it was a 9 day trip. Asked if it 9 or 11 days. It was 9 days for 11 destinations. Finaly said no trip listed for date I requested even when I sent the link. Got a phone number from him which amazingly actully worked. Phoned and got Rufus who was helpful and was able to make my booking, answer questions and all is good. Forget the chat line.
We booked on a Friday afternoon and had to wait until Monday midday to find out if booking was confirmed. We had difficulty booking the trip insurance and made three calls to customer service before the issue was resolved. Customer service agents were all very kind but ultimately the last one was able to resolve the issue. We booked at the last minute as our original tour company canceled our trip at the 11th hour!
Just OK - Nothing really stood out
Michaela was amazing in helping me
very complicated booking feel
I've been on other tours and the information given and collected at booking was very limited. Felt the cancellation information should have been stressed, not on another page. Does not feel like the concierge service other tour operators provide but hopefully that changes from here on out.
Hi there, Thank you for getting in touch with us here at TourRadar to share your valuable feedback regarding your booking experience. A member of our team has reached out to you directly to gather more insight and to answer any further questions you may have. We will remain here before, during and after your tour for any assistance you may need, and wish you the happiest of travels on your adventure. Kind regards, The TourRadar Team
Not a lot of photos, no maps of the trekking portion of the trip. Any questions I asked were quickly answered. The site is easy to navigate through and info is easy to find. Overall, it was an easy experience. 🙂
I felt like Tour radar did not know enough about the details of my tour and had to defer to the operator
Hi Andre, Thanks for your review and feedback! Whilst our travel experts are available 24/7 to answer most queries about the thousands of adventures available on our site, some of the more specific questions do need to be directed to the tour operator as they are responsible for organising the trip. TourRadar allows all travellers to connect with the tour operators through our platform by using the 'Ask A Question' button on any tour page. Feel free to reach out to us anytime if we can assist you further! Best regards The TourRadar Team
TourRadar is convenient to see different tours in one place, similar like Viator or Trip Advisor. But the Tour prices are cheaper on the Tour company’s site directly. So its just better to buy directly from the Tour Company. Dont see why purchase from Tour Radar for additional charge. Tour radar won’t match the price. Its great to review different tours, but go to the tour company site directly to make the booking. Cheaper and convenient to work with tour company in the future
First it was not clear how to find the booking button, because this was not always shown and then three working credit cards were not accepted and paying has to be done on an other canal.
The prices seem to be good and it is fairly easy to order a tour, but you can't compare tour side by side and when you purchase a tour you don't get a notice from TourRadar and the tour that we bought hasn't shown up in TourRadar. A bit disappointing if you ask me.
Hey Todd, Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review! It was a pleasure speaking with you earlier. After taking a look at your booking page, I was able to see your booking confirmation and messages from the tour operator. Be sure to log into your account to view all your booking details! We would love to help you compare tours! Our Customer Service Agents are available 24/7 via Live Chat, Email and Telephone to help you compare and find the best tour! We have no doubt you’ll have a great time on your tour, and remember if there is anything we here at TourRadar can help you with, we are available 24/7. Best regards, Joe TourRadar
The tour said accommodations were included...but when I signed in, there was additional cost for hotel. I ended up booking different tour. And, I assume, the tour for this was fixed.
Hello There, Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review! After taking a look at your booking, we can see there was an issue when selecting the accommodation in the "Book Now" section. We are currently working on this matter and the tour page will be updated shortly. We thank you for bringing this to our attention and, if you need any assistance with your booking, our Customer Support team is available 24/7 via email, live chat and telephone! Kind Regards, The TourRadar Team
Ich hatte von TourRadar bisher noch nichts gehört, fand jedoch die Buchung sehr einfach, dass einzige Problem bestand nur darin das ich mich mit dem Englisch etwas schwer habe und immer dem Übersetzer mit einschalten muss.
Hallo Marcella, Vielen Dank für Ihr Feedback und Ihre Zeit. Einer unserer deutschsprachigen Mitarbeiter hat sich bei Fragen direkt mit Ihnen in Verbindung gesetzt. Wir wissen, dass Sie eine tolle Zeit auf Tour haben werden und bleiben für weitere Fragen hier! Mit freundlichen Grüßen, Das TourRadar-Team
You have a glitch in your website that screws up booking after you put a hold on things. Lots of passing the buck on responsibilities took place w this booking and I did your peoples job and gaps which resulted in a ton of stress. I am a seasoned traveler and usually plan all my own holidays and only supplement tours here and there but I know how things are supposed to work as I did over 10 trips via agencies when younger. I will chalk this up to the pandemic.
Hello there, Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review. We have taken a look into your booking and can see where the confusion has stemmed from. You booked your tour with TourRadar and then directly with the tour operator. This created a double booking. You were then in touch with TourRadar and the tour operator separately, which is why the communication was complicated. However, we have sorted out your booking for you, and you now only have one confirmed booking. We are glad that our Customer Service team was able to assist you! Remember, if you need any assistance with your booking, our Customer Support team is available 24/7 via email, live chat and telephone! Kind Regards, The TourRadar Team
TourRadar is rated 4.6 based on 6,606 reviews