TourRadar Reviews

of reviewers recommend TourRadar
Own Driver, Courier
Read TourRadar Reviews

About TourRadar:

TourRadar is every traveller’s go-to source to compare and book multi-day group tours, thanks to our international team of online tour specialists. We house the largest amount of reviews on our website, providing travellers unbiased comparisons of tours from tour companies both big and small.

"Is TourRadar safe? Is TourRadar legitimate?" or, "is TourRadar reliable?" Simply read verified customer reviews, left by real travellers who have booked a tour with TourRadar and find out for yourself.

Tried to RIP me off for $800AUD and for that price have lost me as a customer for life. NEVER ever deal with these people. As shonkey as they come
Hi Lynton,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, although we are very saddened to hear you feel this way.

We of course understand this is a troubling time for many individuals affected by COVID-19, and we can see you cancelled your tour in June 2021 due to these concerns. TourRadar always strive to obtain the best possible outcome for our travellers wherever we can, however we must adhere to the operators terms and conditions when it comes to cancellations.

We truly regret you are not satisfied and will have a member of our Customer Relations team will reach out to you directly, so we can address your concerns.

Best regards
The TourRadar Team
My trip of a lifetime to Peru was cancelled by tour Radar due to COVID-19 and I was not given a refund. Malaysian airlines have refunded, hotels and trains have refunded but not TourRadar. I am 68 years old and I do not know if I will be healthy enough to climb Michu pichu in the future. I would appreciate if you would refund my full payment as per the ACCC conditions.
HI Stephen,

We thank you for taking the time to leave us with this review. We do regret that this pandemic has interrupted your travel plans for the year.

A reimbursement in the form of a travel credit has been offered by many tour operators worldwide in light of the COVID-19.

A member of our customer relations team has reached out to you directly to discuss your concerns and clarify the available options. Our team looks forward to facilitating a more positive experience.

Kind regards,
The TourRadar Team.
tour canceled without refund, they want to give me a useless credit, I need money immediately, I have to pay for the return flights !!! I don't want future credit, I don't have time and I don't want to have anything to do with these scammers anymore !!!!! DO NOT BOOK WITH them!!!
Hi there,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review.

TourRadar understands that Covid-19 has disturbed many travelers' plans and made it virtually impossible for many to continue with their tours and plans. The ongoing situation has also impacted tour operators heavily and has led to a substantial number of suspended tours.

Our travel industry partners have been working with all those travelers affected to find a positive outcome. We can see that the tour operator has offered reimbursement in the form of a future travel credit. We understand that you found this to be an unsatisfactory result and preferred a different solution to the matter. After having been in touch directly with the operator, unfortunately, no other option was found to be available.

As a booking agent, TourRadar is bound by the terms and conditions set out by the tour operators, including tour suspensions. Although we tried our best to assist you, we are unfortunately not able to change the operator's decisions.

We thank you for your valued feedback, and sincerely wish you all the best during these challenging times.

This is an unprecedented situation and one that continues to change based on decisions that are out of anyone's control. Saying this, we are monitoring the situation very closely and doing all we can to help travelers at this time.

The TourRadar Team
Very disappointed in their response to Coranavirus pandemic. Obviously not concerned about welfare of individuals. They dont care about health of older people who are advised to cancel their booking due to high level of risk of adverse outcome if infected.
TourRadar WILL NOT RELAX their cancellation policy in this unique situation. I am having to pay 30% of tour cost when cancelling and if I leave it another few days it will be 60%!@
Do not recommend this company.
Hi Carol,

Thank you for your feedback. As a booking platform, TourRadar is not responsible for and does not set the terms and conditions for cancellation, as these are decided by each individual operator for their tours. We are bound to these, as are you, the traveller, who agreed to them at the time of booking.

Trafalgar, the operator for your tour, has suspended all of their departures up until the 30th April, for tours to Europe, UK, the Middle East, Argentina, India, Asia, New Zealand, Australia and Africa. Their tours to The Americas are still currently running as per normal.

We've had a look at your booking and as it is a North American tour departing in May, we can see this is currently unaffected and Trafalgar is still running this tour. With the situation constantly evolving, they will aim to keep it this way and only suspend the tour if and when it's deemed necessary. First and foremost, traveller safety is their top priority.

We would like to kindly let you know that TourRadar is currently working on convincing operators to relax their terms and conditions in order to face the current situation. We are doing all we can to assist our customers in this crisis situation, but are still bound to each individual operator's policy.

We can see your cancellation is currently in progress, and will reach out to you shortly via your booking page, once we have an update.

The TourRadar Team
HI I BOOK A 14 DAYS MEDITERANEAN DELIGHTS TOUR IN 12/10/19 MY LIFETIME VACATION, MY TOUR BEGINS IN 6/6/2020
COUNTRIES TO VISIT SPAIN, FRANCE,ITALY TODAY IS 3/14/2020 WE ARE ON A PANDEMIC CORONA VIRUS ALERT I CALL TOURRADAR FOR A REFUND ON MY TOUR VACATION AND THEIR RESPONSE IS TO WAIT AND THEY WOULD LET ME KNOW WHAT COURSE OF ACTION THEY WOULD TAKE I THINK IS PATHETIC THAT THEY CANNOT ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THEIR IS A MAJOR WORLD HEALTH PROBLEM AND THEY SHOULD REFUND MY DEPOSIT.
Hi Eddy,

Thank you for your feedback. As a booking platform, TourRadar is not responsible for and does not set the terms and conditions for cancellation, as these are decided by each individual operator for their tours. We are bound to these, as are you, the traveller, who agreed to these at the time of booking.

With the current global health situation, government advisories and flight restrictions changing every day, operators are working hard to ensure they're making the best decisions they can for their travellers. Cosmos, the operator for your booking, has currently suspended all of their departures globally up until the 30th April.

For departures after this point, including your's, they have a lenient policy in place that allows you to change the date/tour without penalties. However, deposits remain non-refundable for cancellations, as per their terms. We will be in touch with you shortly via your booking page to further clarify this for you, and to give you your options in full.

The TourRadar Team
My tour to Egypt was fantastic. Value for money is unbelievable. Our tour guide Mena Nashaat was amazing. All I can say is He - my habibi, my King Mena was the best tour guide ever. If I will go back to Egypt...I hope he will be my tour guide again. Highly recommend!!!! Superb! Job well done King Mena - my habibi.
DO NOT BOOK WITH THIS COMPANY. THEY PROMISE 100% REFUND IF THEY CANCEL - THEN REFUSE TO REFUND WHEN THEY CANCEL. They can't be trusted. They don't answer emails or calls. They give you less than 48 hours notice - when you're already in transit, no less with a sorry, but we'll be keeping your money email. That's it. Their response to this special situation has been to change their policy to benefit them and only them, not the client. Stay away and save your money.
Hi there,

Thank you for your feedback. As a booking platform, TourRadar is not responsible for and does not set the terms and conditions for cancellation, as these are decided by each individual operator for their tours. We are bound to these, as is the traveller.

With the current global health situation, government advisories and flight restrictions changing not just daily but multiple times every day, operators are working hard to ensure they're making the best decisions they can for their travellers. That is why in this instance, Intrepid Travel unfortunately had to cancel your tour.

This is an unprecedented situation where government bodies have made it impossible to run tours. We are currently communicating with the tour operator to get more information about this and can get back to you once we better understand the situation

We will be in touch with you shortly via your booking page to communicate further with you.

The TourRadar Team
BE CAREFUL!!!!! WORSE COMPANY EVER!! They literally only care about taking your money. I tried to cancel my trip three months in advance due to corona virus concerns and they said I would only receive 50% of my refund because they had booked flights and hotels already. Then when I asked for proof (I hadn’t given them my passport number yet so they couldn’t have booked any flights) they refused to send me any receipts. I was bullied into changing my dates where they again tried to charge me another $800. I changed it and after finding out they were charging me $800 I chose to cancel. The same day US put travel bans on Europe For corona virus,and they responded by saying “well you already changed your dates so you will still only get a 50% refund. THEY ARE AWFUL HUMAN BEINGS!!! I’ve never written a bad review anywhere but I will post this EVERYWHERE! No one should have to deal with these kind of people. Still haven’t even received my 50% refund. $3700 total.
Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. TourRadar, as a booking platform, is working with many operators who all have their owns terms and conditions and cancellation policies.

Operators are monitoring the situation closely as the governmental advisories are being updated every day.

We can see that your operator applied their usual terms and conditions because your travel date is at the moment set for August. However, we understand that it was originally closer and that you changed the date specifically because of the virus.

We will then reach out to your operator and ask if they would be able to make an exception on this case.

We will be in touch with you shortly via your booking page once we have more information.

The TourRadar Team
Do not book this trip last minute!!!! I had to wait for 6 days to hear a response back if my trip was confirmed or not!!!
Hello there,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review.

After taking a look at your booking, we can see that your tour was ‘On Request’. This means that the tour operator must partner with their local operations team to make sure that all aspects of the tour are still available. This is a normal process with popular tours or tours departing very soon.

Normally, the ‘On Request’ process takes between 3-4 days. It seems with your tour, it took just over 4 days to come back confirmed. As a booking platform, the ‘On Request’ process is out of our control. However, we were able to partner with the tour operator to check for updates daily.

We understand that you have since had to cancel your tour. Having to cancel your travel plans, of course, only adds more frustration to the situation. Again, we thank you for your feedback and please be sure to reach out to our Customer Support team who are available 24/7 to assist you with anyway.

The TourRadar Team
would b nice if you sent me an email confirm ounce i booked this trip had to go out of my way to put the info in my files
Hey Brian,

Thank you very much for booking another amazing tour with TourRadar as well as for taking the time to leave a review.

We have taken a look at your booking and can see that your tour was automatically confirmed as soon as the booking was made.

Remember, if you need any assistance with your booking, our Customer Support team is available 24/7 via email, live chat, and telephone!

The TourRadar Team
Was looking to book a tour and found a German Escape tour by Globus advertised on Tourradar for $939. Never tried TourRadar before so read reviews and thought I'd give them a go, so I booked for my wife and I. Paid a $700 deposit and then receive an email message from Tourradar to say their is an issue with their website and it's displaying a discount that doesn't apply to the tour advertised and the price is now $1300 per person. I cancelled the booking and 4 days later I'm still waiting for my deposit to be released and the same tour is still on the website for $939, so beware. Wouldn't use again.
Hello Brett,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review.

After taking a look at your booking, we understand exactly where you are coming from. As all prices on our website are loaded from the Tour Operators website automatically -it seems as though there was a discount pulling through which was not applicable for this specific tour and had to be adjusted manually.

However, we were able to increase your TourRadar savings to try and match the original savings price. Though there was still a slight difference in pricing, we understand that you wanted to go ahead and declined the booking.

We thank you for bringing this issue to our attention and our Tech Team has since corrected the pricing on our site. Please be sure to reach out to our Customer Support team who are available 24/7 to help answer any further questions or concerns you may have.

The TourRadar Team
Tourradar indicated on the website that there were enough spaces available for my tour which would start 4 days after I booked. Then you send me a message that it may take up to four days to confirm my spot for this tour, which started in four days! The message further asked for my approval of this without giving me any other option (like cancellation/refund). So then why ask me? And how can it take 4! days to confirm something like that? I contacted another place for exactly the same tour and they came back to me within 2 hours. The answers from your employees were not really helpful either. I don't think I'll use tourradar again.
Hi Adrian,

Thanks for your review. We regret to hear about your booking experience and hope that you still had a wonderful time on tour despite this.

When a booking request is received, tour operators must liaise with their local operations team to confirm that all components and services of the tour can be confirmed for the traveller. As these tour arrangements are reserved around 60 days before departure, any booking requests for departures less than 30 days are usually put “On Request” by the tour operator.

To clarify, the availability listed for tours set to depart in under 30 days reflects how many spaces on the tour are still available and not those that can be instantly confirmed. As tour services are mainly finalized within 30 days before departure, any booking requests received at this time do require an additional 3-4 business days before confirmation can be received. For these reasons, it’s not recommended to book a tour last-minute.

That being said, we are pleased to see that your booking was confirmed timely. We will reach out directly to see if you have any additional feedback about your booking experience!

The TourRadar Team
Deceptive advertising the brochure said the tour starts and ends in BA but fails to tell you that you have make arrangements for three flights to do the tour
Hello Douglas,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review of your booking experience on TourRadar. We regret to hear that you felt the brochure was written in a way to deceive or mislead as that is truthfully, never ours nor the tour operator's intention!

We recognize that some tour operators on our platform do not include domestic airfare and require travellers to make their own arrangements. To prevent uncertainty in such situations, we require tour operators to clearly state this in the ‘What’s Included’ section of the tour page.

While this is stated on the tour page, we greatly appreciate your feedback and will shortly reach out directly to see if you have any other questions about your booking experience.

The TourRadar Team
All started out well - tours were easy to find and the booking process was easy. I chose to pay a deposit and settle the balance nearer the time. Post booking communications were prompt and helpful. So far so good until I was contacted to say that there was a mistake on the price booked and that I would need to pay more....flights are already booked and therefore this leaves me in a difficult situation.
Not off to a good start any more.
Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

We cannot see any communication indicating a price error in your booking page, and everything seems correct from our side.

We will get in touch with you directly in order to understand who gave you this information and investigate what happened.

We will make sure to get to the bottom of this and find a suitable resolution.

Should you have any similar issue in the future, please feel free to contact our Customer Support team at any time - we are available 24/7 over the phone and live chat.

The TourRadar Team.
I booked inka treasures in Peru with Tour Rader . The experience with regards to the detailing of the tour by email is very poor with no name of the hotel written on it. Also the itinerary doesn’t match the hotel booked . Totally bad experience . There is no communication between you & your international tour agency & the call centre. I would never recommend trips with anyone. There is a lot of communication gap. Very poor service & disappointed.
Hi Lalu,

Thanks for submitting your review.

We regret to hear that you're experiencing some on-tour concerns at the moment. We will reach out to you directly to discuss your issue further.

Regards,
The TourRadar Team
I have been overcharged. The website advertised a price of $1999 for my trip and after I paid my deposit the amount was increased by $330.
I have paid a single fee as well so the overall amount escalated to $2819 without warning or explanation. I have emailed TourRadar twice to query the issue with no reply.
Hello Frances,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review.

After taking a look at your booking, we believe we understand what has happened. On each individual tour page, you will see the “From” price. This price is the lowest available price for the specific tour and may not be for the departure date you are looking for. However, before you click on your departure date, you will see the listed price. Then, once you click on the departure date and enter the booking page, you will see the full price breakdown on the right side of the page.

Booking a group tour is very similar to booking airline tickets. The same flight on a different day may be listed at a different price and the same goes for tour departure dates. Departures Dates vary in pricing based on many factors including availability and proximity to departure.

As a booking platform, we have no control over the listed tour prices as this is the sole responsibility of the tour operator. However, price transparency is very important to us. For this reason, we make sure to list the tour pricing multiple times before a booking can be made.

We thank you for your feedback and hope this explains the “from” pricing a bit better. We have no doubt that you will have a great time on your tour, and remember if there is anything we here at TourRadar can help you with in the future, we are available by phone and online chat 24/7.

The TourRadar Team
I originally booked a 14 day tour of Georgia through Tour Radar which was cancelled. A number of replacement tours were offered and the one that best fit was a 8 day tour. Because plane flights had already been booked, we had to book 5 days extra accommodation. The total cost of the replacement trip was about double what we would have paid for the original trip. Although Tour Radar are exceptional with their customer service and response to inquiries, I probably will not be using them again.
Hey Brian,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review.

We have taken a look into your booking and can see that the tour operator has had to withdraw your original tour. We understand how frustrating it is when the tour operator has to withdraw a tour. Looking forward to a trip, only to have the added stress of making alternative plans is a frustrating experience. However, even though this situation is out of our hands a marketplace, we are equipped to ease the frustration.

Having said that, it looks like our Customer Support team were able to help you find a very similar tour that fits your plans almost perfectly! There seems to be a bit of a pricing difference, however, we are glad that we were able to line up alternative tour arrangements without having to change your original international flights!

We thank you for your continued patience and thank you again for leaving such great feedback. Withdrawn tours are one of the biggest letdowns in the tourism industry. Luckily, we partner with tour operators all over the world and are ready to tackle such cases by finding alternative tours on your behalf. Also, these days, many operators do offer “Guaranteed Departures” which are not susceptible to being withdrawn.

Horrible experience with TourRadar and their Guatemala travels tour Company
They lied and messed up my vacation plans. Would never use them or recommend them again !
Hi Antoine,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we are very sorry to hear you had a negative booking experience.

We can see that your Guatemalan operator did have a few issues throughout the booking process, which we deeply apologize about. We have now discussed with them and assisted in correcting the pricing issue to make sure this does not happen again in the future.

Should you ever have any issue with an operator, you can contact the TourRadar customer support team at any point in time. We are available 24/7 over phone and live chat and are always happy to help.

We will be getting in touch with you directly to find a suitable solution together.

The TourRadar Team
I have not received any acknowledgement that the booking has been made. I booked the Satay Ways Tour from Bangkok but have not received any email confirming this
Hey Lewis,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review.

We have had a look at your booking and can see the tour operator has not reached out in the last 24 hours since you have booked your tour.

We understand your frustration as you are eager to plan all aspects of your upcoming tour. We have partnered with the tour operator to let them know that you are eagerly awaiting their response.

We here at TourRadar are available 24/7, however, many of our operating partners are not. This can lead to some slight delays and for this reason we expect all operators to respond within 48 hours at the latest.

We thank you for your continued patience and you can expect a response very shortly. We have no doubt you’ll have a great time on your tour, and remember if there is anything we here at TourRadar can help you with, we are available by phone and online chat 24/7.

Happy Travels,
The TourRadar Team
Embora houvesse disponibilidade para reservar e efectuar reserva mediante pagamento após 2 dias e confirmação de reserva , fui informado que não poderiam assegurar o serviço.
Hey João,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review.

We have had a look at your booking and it seems as though your booking was confirmed, certain permits for your tour could not be secured.

We understand the frustration as your tour was already confirmed, only to receive news thereafter that a major aspect of the tour could not be supplied.

Tours that include the Inca Trail are a bit more complicated because of the strict permits and control set by the Peruvian government. Permits must be purchased for individual travelers and cannot be attained by the operator before a tour booking is made. This means once you book the tour, the operator must apply for the Inca Trail permits. In this case, the maximum 500 permits per day had already been secured for your specific departure date.

We can see that the tour operator has offered you two alternative routes to Machu Picchu, alternative dates or, a refund in full.

Our Customer Support team is also available 24/7, via phone, email and live chat to help you find an alternative tour.

TourRadar is rated 4.55 based on 5,842 reviews