Wayfair Reviews

33% of reviewers recommend Wayfair

How would you rate Wayfair ?

"I was going to order a desk but had to wait till I got paid. The desk was £113 was £154 then to my horror the price had gone up not back to £154 but £170! Ordered 2 purchases and the lamp was broken and didn't have a UK plug on it. The bookcase was in the sale but paint work was marked and joints didn't join. Have been offered full refunds or discounts and customer service was good. Maybe I wont be purchasing the desk now. Also need a filing cabinet which is £85 on Wayfair order thru Amazon £53!!"
"Patio set delivered the wrong chairs. The sofa which was correct was damaged. Pick up after complaint an hour outside of the time slot and have to wait another 3 weeks for delivery. Shop elsewhere"
"Echoing some other complaints, their delivery service is appalling. We ordered a small double bed and the "package" duly arrived. Dismantled the old bed (some of the wood splitting) and opened the new. Found to my horror that two complete side panels were missing, plus I could see from what was there that it was extremely poor quality (bed was over £350). My wife phoned and complained, not Wayfair's fault, the delivery company. She would get back to us in a few days with an update. Meanwhile son is no bed to sleep on. I urge people to shop elsewhere."
"Just echoing the thoughts of other Scottish based non customers. I live in Dunfermline, approximately 13 miles north of Edinburgh, but that's somehow considered an extended area. Thats £200 of my money they wont be getting. It's not the cost of the postage, more the principle of charging for a central Scotland post code area."
"Only giving 1 star as there is no 0.... Just about to buy £500 worth of goods .... Realised after 2 hrs of shopping on the website that delivery to PA postcodes is £25... Waow... Most postcodes in Scotland are considered to be on the other side of the planet according to Wayfair! (What a cheek for Lorraine Kelly to be in the adverts too!) What's more, looking at the delivery partners, DX ect, they deliver in my area frequently for other competitors who don't charge! £25 isn't a great deal considering how much I was spending but on principle I have decided not to shop with Wayfair and go to another online shop who will deliver for free! Take note Wayfair you are loosing a lot of business by segregating Scottish people, we are still part of the UK you know!"
Worsleymandy4@gmail.com
Verified Reviewer
"Garden furniture arrived with no pre drilling entitilted” some assembly required” . It required power drill as no pre drilling and no signs where to drill. Had to buy a £100.00 drill. Table had no instructions so rang and finally got them. Now need a ratchet. I do not think some assembly should require power tools ."
"Ordered some Garden Furniture which got delivered quick enough, However the table was broken in transit so never got delivered. I had to phone to chase up what was happening but still now have no idea what is going on. Was looking forward to nice dinners in the garden but now just stuck with 6 chairs. If I knew it would take this long to get a table and chairs for the garden I would of gone somewhere else. Where's my table?"
"I was about to by a pendant light and the six bulbs it needed for a total of £210.98 from you. Thank goodness I did what I always do before placing an order. I copied and pasted the items into google search and found EXACTLY the same items for £148.47 inc vat and free shipping. So "what went wrong" is your inflated pricing. Unfortunately your silly advert with that awful Lorraine has convinced people you give a good deal. You DON'T."
"Whatever you're selling, it's vital to copy and paste the item into google search. I was about to buy a pendant light and the bulbs from you for £210.98. I found EXACTLY the same items for £148.98! And yes it included VAT and free shipping. So get off your "we are a bargain" pedestal advert with that silly Lorraine dancing like an idiot. You're a rip off."
"Bought corner sofa bed. On web page said 1-2 week delivery. When we paid for it said 2-4 week delivery. 4 weeks in and no sign of sofa."
Krista
"I bought a platform storage bed from Wayfair and it arrived in great condition! Was fairly easy to set up, and I even have the option to purchase an extra drawers when the time is right! Everything I ordered shipped quickly, and the customer service was great!"
Stuart Rose
"I've baught a few things from way fair now and everytime they have delivered"
LYNN PATERSON
Unverified Reviewer
"Incredibly annoying to discover after spending ages selcting items only to find on checkout that central Scotladn is considered to bome on Wayfair, this is not outer Mongolia. Other companies do not charge extra. I was about to order over £500 but decided against it on principle."
Tony Cater (Neil Brown)
"A no quibble replacement policy for goods lost/wrongly delivered. top end service and products"
Upset Customer Left With No Furniture
Unverified Reviewer
"They are very disorganized, they cancelled my order after 5 weeks after saying for days that it would be delivered. They were terrible. Do not buy from them it was a painful and upsetting experience"
"Service is quick and good"
"Delivery charges to Dundee the 4th largest city in Scotland. An extra £25. Dundee isn't actually out of the way. But anyway lost a sale."
John McAndrew
"we were delighted that the light we purchased came before the delivery date and that really did help as we thought it would not come in time for the electrician to fit it . It was also a lovely light. really happy"
Mary
"Very fast free shipping. Lots of great . well priced products across the board-furniture, kitchenware, gardening supplies, gifts. Absolutely no complaints."
"I would encourage other shoppers NOT to use Wayfair for purchasing furniture. They do have a great product range and their customer service people are well trained. However, I think they use unfair practices when dealing with customers. I have ordered through them and made payment via their website but then they told me they need authorisation from my bank to process the order. This happened to me a few times. I spoke to their customer services and apparently they do this for about 10% of their customers for security reasons. I asked them why they didn't do the bank authorisation as part of on-line transaction like all other retailers and they didn't provide a clear answer. Basically this practice allows Wayfair to take the money from your account and then delay processing your order which improves their working capital. On one item I ordered which I had problems with over their authorisation process, they told me 2 weeks after I had ordered that the item was out of stock. Essentially they sat on my payment for 10 days before informing me the item had gone out of stock. Whenever I have ordered from Wayfair delivery timings are delayed versus the original schedule. While the customer services team are pleasant to deal with, the Wayfair systems are designed to take your payment as quickly as possible and delay processing your order as long as possible so they can pay their suppliers as slowly as possible. I wrote to Wayfair and spoke to their management team. They may claim this is not standard practice but it is. I would avoid using this company as it is not transparent or fair with customers."
Wayfair is rated 2.45 based on 290 reviews