American Eagle Outfitters Reviews

67% of reviewers recommend American Eagle Outfitters

How would you rate American Eagle Outfitters ?

"I ordered 16 items and 2 arrived in tact. The company ignored my questions, provided no help in locating the items, and have been cold and unhelpful. I have photographic evidence of my torn up and poorly sealed packaging, plus correspondence with the shipping company, FedEx. Still, American Eagle Outfitters have been completely unhelpful, if not downright rude."
"I phoned the Metrotown AE and Aerie shop to discuss return options after having little success with the AE live chat option on their website and phoning the central AE line. Becks answered the phone even before the store was opened (I am sure she was busy preparing the floor for the day and so appreciate that someone answered the phone). She explained to me that I could make returns and exchanges for online purchases in the store. Becks even took time to search the store for the items I requested. I went to the Metrotown location today (June 30, 2018) and successfully exchanged items I had ordered online. They did not have the exact items I hoped for in the store but Becks was most expertise and helpful at connecting me with the items I hoped for. There were some complications with the system but she stayed calm, friendly and professional the whole time. Becks is the best! I had such a lovely experience and will certainly be going to the Metrotown (Burnaby, Canada) AE soon! Thanks Becks!"
"Bought bright blue jeggings last week. I love American Eagle jeans because they have sizes that can fit anyone. I am very short and they seem to be the only reasonably priced jean that fits my needs."
"I experience the worst customer service. I order a pair of pants . They cancel order after they taken my money. Stated a hold was on my account they release the hold. Then they resend the item after taking more money out of my account . After I ask when will I be refund they told my 14 days. That BS it took 14 sec to take my money but it take 14 day to get it back . I spend so much money with these guys In store and online. Me and my family. I will never shop with you guys again . And I will advise my family and friend to never buy anything else from you . Customer service is very important."
Gabriela Antova
"Didn't notify me about hidden import fees and was even forced to pay fees on those fees. 18 pounds in fees on a 40 pound order. Items arrived opened with price tags ripped out and customer service was basically "welp, sorry but that's how it is""
Victim Of Online Robbery
Verified Reviewer
"Offered free shipping on orders over £50 to UK then been sent invoice for vat and shipping. Lots of international customers had same experience. It is against the law in UK to deceive customers in this way. American Eagle should be ashamed of their criminal activities."
"Sadly, American Eagles clothing quality has diminished. I recently bought a swimming costume and two pairs of shoes from AE. The swimming costume sizes run WAY too small for the size allocation and the quality is thin and cheap! the hem lining on the bottom kept flipping inside out. It felt like it was going to fall apart. It's a shame because their designs are gorgeous - its just SO POORLY MADE. The same goes for the shoes. The shoes run a size smaller. I'm a 7.5. and I ordered an 8 to be sure and my toes were hanging off the edge. Not only that, the width band on leather shoes is so wide your foot barely touches the leather. But then ankle strap is really tight. so you end up with this weird skinny ankle flappy body. I'm only writing this review so AE can read it. They used to have excellent quality stuff. If you've changed your manufacturer - it's killing your business. I won't be going back sadly. I am not the only one who has had similar experiences. BUT the caveat - was your staff on Hollywood and Highland store were really lovely and understanding."
Emily Mackey
"I absolutely adore the style of AE clothing, and I always feel that I am getting my money’s worth out of the items I buy. Their jeans fit so many different body types; I refuse to get jeans from anywhere else!"
Jessica A Brink
"best clothes, accurate sizing"
Mary Gorman
"products were packaged very nicely, arrived within if not before estimated time, deals on website are very good and student friendly"
Emma Wilson
"Very nice close and service"
Lili Bushell
"They were very kind and their clothes are amazing material"
Mariah Siblock
"I love American eagle! Like 99% of their clothes are good prices & really nice material! I don't mean luxury material or anything but my entire waredrobe says "where's the beach" thanks to them :)"
"Easy to use website. Got exactly what I wanted and on time. Thanks AE!"
Mariah Good
"Product came on time and was in perfect condition"
American Eagle Outfitters is rated 3.80 based on 15 reviews