American Eagle Outfitters Reviews

1PM
1PM

Tell us how American Eagle Outfitters made you happy

Live Chat
"Everyone was really nice and I was able to get everything I wanted without any argument or rude employees, it was great!"
Are you American Eagle Outfitters? Reply to this positive review and show your potential customers that you care about the feedback American Eagle Outfitters receives. Reply Free
"I order all the time from American Eagle, for myself and my kids. Usually have a great experience. This time I had a gift card to use on myself, I ordered 2 pair of jeans. First pair came quickly in the mail and fit perfect when I tryed them on and I put them in the wash to wear the next day. When I wore them I noticed the inseam looked like it was about to pull apart. But Ok, it happens. Few days later the next pair comes....Wrong size and has a security tag on it. When I called they told my I would have to wait two weeks for a refund on the gift card and then reorder online. They don't sell my size in store. They offered me no compensation for the inconvenience. So I'm out the money and have no Pants. Ugg. So Disheartening."
"AE canceled my order without notice but took my money almost immediately. This is the second time it has happened and I am very angry about it. After taking the time to shop online and process the order they just say "hey the items are not in stock any more". Horrible experience the first time as it took two very angry phone calls for them to release the funds on my account. I can only imagine how things are going to go this time. I am canceling my AE account as soon as my money is released."
"I ordered 3 t shirts and 1 pair of leggings from American Eagle. I was SO excited for them to arrive at my house. Once, I got them I was even happier!! I love their soft t shirts and the chill leggings were so comfy and soft! I love shopping here and love seeing the ads from American Eagle and all the diversity with their models."
"I ordered 16 items and 2 arrived in tact. The company ignored my questions, provided no help in locating the items, and have been cold and unhelpful. I have photographic evidence of my torn up and poorly sealed packaging, plus correspondence with the shipping company, FedEx. Still, American Eagle Outfitters have been completely unhelpful, if not downright rude."
"I phoned the Metrotown AE and Aerie shop to discuss return options after having little success with the AE live chat option on their website and phoning the central AE line. Becks answered the phone even before the store was opened (I am sure she was busy preparing the floor for the day and so appreciate that someone answered the phone). She explained to me that I could make returns and exchanges for online purchases in the store. Becks even took time to search the store for the items I requested. I went to the Metrotown location today (June 30, 2018) and successfully exchanged items I had ordered online. They did not have the exact items I hoped for in the store but Becks was most expertise and helpful at connecting me with the items I hoped for. There were some complications with the system but she stayed calm, friendly and professional the whole time. Becks is the best! I had such a lovely experience and will certainly be going to the Metrotown (Burnaby, Canada) AE soon! Thanks Becks!"
"Bought bright blue jeggings last week. I love American Eagle jeans because they have sizes that can fit anyone. I am very short and they seem to be the only reasonably priced jean that fits my needs."
"I experience the worst customer service. I order a pair of pants . They cancel order after they taken my money. Stated a hold was on my account they release the hold. Then they resend the item after taking more money out of my account . After I ask when will I be refund they told my 14 days. That BS it took 14 sec to take my money but it take 14 day to get it back . I spend so much money with these guys In store and online. Me and my family. I will never shop with you guys again . And I will advise my family and friend to never buy anything else from you . Customer service is very important."
"Didn't notify me about hidden import fees and was even forced to pay fees on those fees. 18 pounds in fees on a 40 pound order. Items arrived opened with price tags ripped out and customer service was basically "welp, sorry but that's how it is""
"Offered free shipping on orders over £50 to UK then been sent invoice for vat and shipping. Lots of international customers had same experience. It is against the law in UK to deceive customers in this way. American Eagle should be ashamed of their criminal activities."
"Sadly, American Eagles clothing quality has diminished. I recently bought a swimming costume and two pairs of shoes from AE. The swimming costume sizes run WAY too small for the size allocation and the quality is thin and cheap! the hem lining on the bottom kept flipping inside out. It felt like it was going to fall apart. It's a shame because their designs are gorgeous - its just SO POORLY MADE. The same goes for the shoes. The shoes run a size smaller. I'm a 7.5. and I ordered an 8 to be sure and my toes were hanging off the edge. Not only that, the width band on leather shoes is so wide your foot barely touches the leather. But then ankle strap is really tight. so you end up with this weird skinny ankle flappy body. I'm only writing this review so AE can read it. They used to have excellent quality stuff. If you've changed your manufacturer - it's killing your business. I won't be going back sadly. I am not the only one who has had similar experiences. BUT the caveat - was your staff on Hollywood and Highland store were really lovely and understanding."
"I absolutely adore the style of AE clothing, and I always feel that I am getting my money’s worth out of the items I buy. Their jeans fit so many different body types; I refuse to get jeans from anywhere else!"
"best clothes, accurate sizing"
"products were packaged very nicely, arrived within if not before estimated time, deals on website are very good and student friendly"
"Very nice close and service"
"They were very kind and their clothes are amazing material"
"I love American eagle! Like 99% of their clothes are good prices & really nice material! I don't mean luxury material or anything but my entire waredrobe says "where's the beach" thanks to them :)"
"Easy to use website. Got exactly what I wanted and on time. Thanks AE!"
"Product came on time and was in perfect condition"
American Eagle Outfitters is rated 3.63 based on 19 reviews